Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff (21982 Views)

I’m Sad Adeleke Won On PDP Platform – Saraki / Halti Ali-Modu Sheriff's 52nd Birthday Celebration With Her Hubby And Children / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by ndcide(m): 9:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
Abeg relax. Modu sheriff is staying a short while. He is there to complete the slot of the North East.

So relax.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by philips70(m): 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2016
Tonyebarcanista, no forget to send me invitation the day PDP and Alamieyeseigha will be buried.

Whether you like it or not Ali Modu Sheriff is a heavy baggage in the north, let no man deceive you they have any strategy.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:44pm On Feb 17, 2016
modath:

TonyeBarcanista ...

The name is "Mala" not "Bala" & Sharia didn't get full implementation till Ali sheriff's tenure, nor let us argue ooo, find proper (not occasional waka pass) maiduguri folks to confirm from..... smiley

Howdy, long time, take care.
I'm good o. Yeah, long time. I been de on Valentine break jare
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by project8(m): 9:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
Did u know d secret deal btw yusuf and pdp boss?that led to their disagreement?

When sheriff was in apc, it was ipob and pdpian that name sheriff bh sponsorer, d title was given to by pdp, that is how nemesis caught-up with u wailers, the same man u call bh is now ur boss, that is why ffk is ashame of is own shadow, ffk mouth were too wide in calling ur new found boss boko haram,

In the aforemention reason, when ur boss switch to pdp, apc have to call him by d title given ur boss by u wailers,

Plsss enjoy ur boko haram boss, as a confirmation that pdp is boko haram, bh ais pdp. Cheer
that was how my friend wished rafa benitez to be Barcelona coach bt as God want it.he turned out to be d coach dat almost brot real madrid d club he supports to it knees..dats wats gona hapen to PDP.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by BraniacX(m): 10:50pm On Feb 17, 2016
TheFreeOne:
The onus is on Amodu sheriff traducers to prove he's a BH sponsor whilst PDP has a herculean task convincing Nigerians that he ain't.

Not an easy task for a party trying to rebrand due to recent corruption allegations/trials.

thanks man, I couldn't put it any better, am aligned with PDP but though tonye made a good logical case for sheriff with "supposed facts" and a timeline constituting circumstantial evidence in defence of sheriff, I only accept with difficulty that sheriff indeed might be more victim than perpetrator as per the boko haram issue and this is me, someone who prides himself on being very rational embarassed so what would the hordes of many subconsciously irrational Nigerians make of these "supposed facts"? not adding the deliberately irrational ones? like i said in another post, i hope the PDP BOT & NWC know something i don't because they're the only other non-nominal political bloc/power and me like many others do not support them blindly or out of love but because buhari and the APC represent so many things i/we abhor and are woefully living up to my/our gloomy pre-election predictions about them.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by okuneddie(m): 10:53pm On Feb 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The naming of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, the former governor of Borno state as the PDP National Chairman and successor to Alhaji Adamu Muazu has generated a lot of controversy in the polity. A prominent member of this forum and staunch critic of PDP, who I consider my brother, friend, and big boss called me to mock the decision of the party. In all honesty, my reaction was more of wearing a sad face that I joined him in the mockery. Who would accept the fact that an "alleged Boko Haram founder" has been saddled with the task of navigating a party that is so engrossed in controversy and is in dire need of leadership? My initial displeasure wasn't hidden even towards some of my PDP comrades.

However, I made up my mind to thoroughly appreciate the man Modu Sheriff and to holistically look at issues that surround his tag as Boko-Haram "founder" to establish whether or not such a moral burden on him is justified.

Sheriff: A Boko Haram Sponsor or Victim of Blackmail?
The Belief...
Before now there is this belief that Ali Modu Sheriff in preparation to 2003 election against then incumbent Malla Kachalla entered into agreement with the Yusufyya BH movement. According to "belief", the Yusufiyya group would support Modu Sheriff's gubernatorial bid on condition that Sheriff's government(if elected) would implement Sharia rule in Borno state. It is also believed Sheriff's appointment of Haramite Alhaji Buji Foi, the National Secretary of Yusufyya Movement as commissioner for religious affairs was in furtherance of the "agreement".

The Facts...
As much as I would not want to draw myself into "defending" anybody associated with BH, I think it will be appropriate to lay this issue to bare. Facts on ground shows that sharia system was adopted in Borno state on August 18, 2000, the law was tagged 'Borno State Sharia Administration of Justice Law 2000'. It came just over a year after Sheriff's predecessor Bala Kachalla took office and almost three years before Sheriff took office. This fact ordinarily should nullify the rumour of purported agreement between Sheriff and Yusufiyya movement prior to 2003 election.
www.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/887355.stm

It is even a fact that on adoption of Sharia system in Borno state in 2000, then Governor Bala Kachalla constituted Borno State Sharia Law Implementation Committee in February, 2001 headed by Professor Abubakar Mustapha, the former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri, with Boko Haram leader Muhammed Yusuf as a member of the committee. If there is anyone that Yusufyya would have supported in 2003 would have been Bala Kachalla, who flew the AD ticket for re-election but lost woefully to Sheriff. Why should Yusuf not support Kachalla when he not only approved Sharia system but also appointed Yusuf into Sharia Implementation Committee?

With respect to the appointment of Alhaji Buji Foi as commissioner of religious affairs, facts on ground showed that before his appointment as commissioner, Foi was Chairman of Kaga LGA(Borno state) under the administration of Bala Kachalla. It is not uncommon to see incumbent governors' appoint former LGA bosses into their cabinet. There is no record to show any public knowlege of Foi BH activity before his appointment. It is pertinent to note that Foi resigned from Sheriff's cabinet to join forces with the sect because the sect saw Sheriff's government as a number one enemy.

If indeed Sheriff was a "founder" of BH movement how come it was his predecessor in office that had direct link with Muhammed Yusuf and Buji Foi? How come it was his government that first declared BH as terrorist group in May 2010 even before the FG(2013), UK(2014) and USA(2014) declared the group as such? How come the group killed his brother Alhaji Goni Mustapha Sheriff, brother-inlaw Alhaji Awana Ngala, and ANPP Guber candidate for 2011 Engr, Modu Fannami Gubio? Who will kill his own paymaster? Why didn't the group help him win 2011 Senatorial election even when his party(ANPP) won the governorship poll, Presidential poll and two seats in the Senate in the said 2011 election?

When Did APC Realise That Sheriff Is a Baggage?
Sheriff has been a member of the opposition since 1998/9. After he left power in 2011, he was appointed BoT Chairman of ANPP, that has John Oyegun(now APC Chairman) as member and also Ogbonnaya Onu(now a minister) as chairman of the party(ANPP). As BoT Chairman of ANPP, he was instrumental to the merger of ANPP, ACN and faction of APGA that formed the APC. He was also a member of APC Board of Trustees between 2013 till he left the party. He wasn't kicked out of APC, he voluntarily resigned to pitch tent with the then ruling PDP. Now I beg to ask, when did APC realise that Sheriff was a baggage?

It is pertinent to note that prominent Borno politicians linked with BH members are members of APC including; late Senator Ahmed Zanna and Senator Ali Ndume. On October 8, 2012 the JTF spokesman Lt Col Sagir Musa released a statement to say that a BH commander Shuaibu Muhammed Bama was arrested in the house of Senator Ahmed Zanna(APC). Zanna only claim was that Bama was/is his nephew and he wasn't arrested in his house. In fact, DSS had to invite Zanna for "questioning". Despite this, the APC still went on to present Zanna for Senate in 2015(which he won but died before inauguration). Similarly, the APC still presented Sen Ali Ndume for Senate in 2015 despite the fact that he was indicted for divulging phone numbers of prominent Nigerians to BH sect and is presently under trial for terrorism charge. If APC could present these two indicted men for election, if they could massively campaign for them, how then are they crying over Sheriff's appointment as PDP boss?

On Sheriff's Appointment As PDP Boss:
As much as I am not too disposed to the former Borno state Governor, I still believe that it is unfair to base opinion on him due to prejudice instead of established fact. As a party loyalist and patriotic Nigerian, I owe it a responsibility to stand for just cause for Nigeria(where my ultimate loyalty lies) and PDP(that I'm aligned with). As such, I think party members should look beyond prejudice and support the new leadership under Senator Modu Sheriff. It is my prayer that the party under Sheriff carry everyone along, bring in the youth, and take the party to greater height.

Finally, is Sheriff the best man for PDP top job? Only time will tell. All I can say is "Welcome onboard Mr Chairman".

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

u failed to mention that the boko haram leader ran to SAS to hide from Obasanjo. When security agents were closing in on him in the Government house where SAS hid him, he was killed by the same person he ran to........pls add that bro
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by philips70(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I think Sheriff is just PDP National Chairman and not Presidential candidate.

Here you go!

Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by amodu(m): 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2016
TheFreeOne:
The onus is on Amodu sheriff traducers to prove he's a BH sponsor whilst PDP has a herculean task convincing Nigerians that he ain't.

Not an easy task for a party trying to rebrand due to recent corruption allegations/trials.

Amodu or Modu

Please don't relate us ooo
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by otokx(m): 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2016
peacengine:
I feel good about his nomination, haters go siddon. Barcanista I have read your previous posts I don't think you are a PDP loyalist it seems you are more APC inclined

Wonders will never end, APC inclined.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by yinkobert(m): 2:06am On Feb 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The naming of Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, the former governor of Borno state as the PDP National Chairman and successor to Alhaji Adamu Muazu has generated a lot of controversy in the polity. A prominent member of this forum and staunch critic of PDP, who I consider my brother, friend, and big boss called me to mock the decision of the party. In all honesty, my reaction was more of wearing a sad face that I joined him in the mockery. Who would accept the fact that an "alleged Boko Haram founder" has been saddled with the task of navigating a party that is so engrossed in controversy and is in dire need of leadership? My initial displeasure wasn't hidden even towards some of my PDP comrades.

However, I made up my mind to thoroughly appreciate the man Modu Sheriff and to holistically look at issues that surround his tag as Boko-Haram "founder" to establish whether or not such a moral burden on him is justified.

The Belief...
Before now there is this belief that Ali Modu Sheriff in preparation to 2003 election against then incumbent Malla Kachalla entered into agreement with the Yusufyya BH movement. According to "belief", the Yusufiyya group would support Modu Sheriff's gubernatorial bid on condition that Sheriff's government(if elected) would implement Sharia rule in Borno state. It is also believed Sheriff's appointment of Haramite Alhaji Buji Foi, the National Secretary of Yusufyya Movement as commissioner for religious affairs was in furtherance of the "agreement".

The Facts...
As much as I would not want to draw myself into "defending" anybody associated with BH, I think it will be appropriate to lay this issue to bare. Facts on ground shows that sharia system was adopted in Borno state on August 18, 2000, the law was tagged 'Borno State Sharia Administration of Justice Law 2000'. It came just over a year after Sheriff's predecessor Bala Kachalla took office and almost three years before Sheriff took office. This fact ordinarily should nullify the rumour of purported agreement between Sheriff and Yusufiyya movement prior to 2003 election.

It is even a fact that on adoption of Sharia system in Borno state in 2000, then Governor Bala Kachalla constituted Borno State Sharia Law Implementation Committee in February, 2001 headed by Professor Abubakar Mustapha, the former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri, with Boko Haram leader Muhammed Yusuf as a member of the committee. If there is anyone that Yusufyya would have supported in 2003 would have been Bala Kachalla, who flew the AD ticket for re-election but lost woefully to Sheriff. Why should Yusuf not support Kachalla when he not only approved Sharia system but also appointed Yusuf into Sharia Implementation Committee?

With respect to the appointment of Alhaji Buji Foi as commissioner of religious affairs, facts on ground showed that before his appointment as commissioner, Foi was Chairman of Kaga LGA(Borno state) under the administration of Bala Kachalla. It is not uncommon to see incumbent governors' appoint former LGA bosses into their cabinet. There is no record to show any public knowlege of Foi BH activity before his appointment. It is pertinent to note that Foi resigned from Sheriff's cabinet to join forces with the sect because the sect saw Sheriff's government as a number one enemy.

If indeed Sheriff was a "founder" of BH movement how come it was his predecessor in office that had direct link with Muhammed Yusuf and Buji Foi? How come it was his government that first declared BH as terrorist group in May 2010 even before the FG(2013), UK(2014) and USA(2014) declared the group as such? How come the group killed his brother Alhaji Goni Mustapha Sheriff, brother-inlaw Alhaji Awana Ngala, and ANPP Guber candidate for 2011 Engr, Modu Fannami Gubio? Who will kill his own paymaster? Why didn't the group help him win 2011 Senatorial election even when his party(ANPP) won the governorship poll, Presidential poll and two seats in the Senate in the said 2011 election?

Sheriff has been a member of the opposition since 1998/9. After he left power in 2011, he was appointed BoT Chairman of ANPP, that has John Oyegun(now APC Chairman) as member and also Ogbonnaya Onu(now a minister) as chairman of the party(ANPP). As BoT Chairman of ANPP, he was instrumental to the merger of ANPP, ACN and faction of APGA that formed the APC. He was also a member of APC Board of Trustees between 2013 till he left the party. He wasn't kicked out of APC, he voluntarily resigned to pitch tent with the then ruling PDP. Now I beg to ask, when did APC realise that Sheriff was a baggage?

It is pertinent to note that prominent Borno politicians linked with BH members are members of APC including; late Senator Ahmed Zanna and Senator Ali Ndume. On October 8, 2012 the JTF spokesman Lt Col Sagir Musa released a statement to say that a BH commander Shuaibu Muhammed Bama was arrested in the house of Senator Ahmed Zanna(APC). Zanna only claim was that Bama was/is his nephew and he wasn't arrested in his house. In fact, DSS had to invite Zanna for "questioning". Despite this, the APC still went on to present Zanna for Senate in 2015(which he won but died before inauguration). Similarly, the APC still presented Sen Ali Ndume for Senate in 2015 despite the fact that he was indicted for divulging phone numbers of prominent Nigerians to BH sect and is presently under trial for terrorism charge. If APC could present these two indicted men for election, if they could massively campaign for them, how then are they crying over Sheriff's appointment as PDP boss?

As much as I am not too disposed to the former Borno state Governor, I still believe that it is unfair to base opinion on him due to prejudice instead of established fact. As a party loyalist and patriotic Nigerian, I owe it a responsibility to stand for just cause for Nigeria(where my ultimate loyalty lies) and PDP(that I'm aligned with). As such, I think party members should look beyond prejudice and support the new leadership under Senator Modu Sheriff. It is my prayer that the party under Sheriff carry everyone along, bring in the youth, and take the party to greater height.

Finally, is Sheriff the best man for PDP top job? Only time will tell. All I can say is "Welcome onboard Mr Chairman".
I am not really surprised that Tony Barcanista authored this write up. He has been used several times by PDP as a tool. To me you have no record to put straight. Sherif is a Book Haram sponsor. The announcement of Sherif as the chairman of PDP has clearly vindicated former NSA that PDP is Boko Haram and Boko Haram is PDP. What you are trying to here is damage control. It is generally known in Borno that Sherif is hated by his people. He can not boldly move around without heavy security protection. Am ashamed of you.

Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:52am On Feb 18, 2016
philips70:

Here you go!
Hahahaaaaaa you never change my oga
grin grin grin grin
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 18, 2016
peacengine:
I feel good about his nomination, haters go siddon. Barcanista I have read your previous posts I don't think you are a PDP loyalist it seems you are more APC inclined
the guy is gradually coming back to his roots.

1 Like

Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by philips70(m): 5:06am On Feb 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Hahahaaaaaa you never change my oga
grin grin grin grin

Find your way into Okupe's Facebook and read his latest post. That's the true position of things in PDP. The choice of SAS is one of the worst of PDP just like the gaffe of making FFK GEJ's campaign media director only with the reason of continuing with pushing sectional and religious sentiments which backfired seriously.
Thing is this is the true PDP, a party that's not interested in nothing other than looting and sharing of billions of Naira amongst themselves. This will never change. Nigerians will never trust them with power anymore and that is the truth no matter how the APC falters.
The APC has faltered with governance since they came in yet the PDP has not been able to get themselves together to reposition themselves and seize the opportunity to set themselves as an alternative. Reasons are not far fetched, the party is dominated by only crooks who only delude themselves with a Utopian ambition of coming back to power to continue where they stopped in corrupt enrichment. By the time the EFCC finishes with the PDP no Nigerian who values his name will fraternize with them even behind closed doors. Watch out for Ribadu, he will soon announce his resignation from the cancer called PDP and gradually the party will be left for the true current owners, Fayose, Wike, Dickson, Akpabio, Ikpeazu and the other few dodgy characters that occasionally show their buffoonery on TV.
Meanwhile good luck as you start all over again the very difficult task of laundering the ever battered image of the cancer called PDP. I know you can try as a very good image maker but I bet you will be tired again in the near future, it's a lose lose venture as no one can salvage a soured egg.

1 Like

Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by Chigold101(m): 9:01am On Feb 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I think Sheriff is just PDP National Chairman and not Presidential candidate.
at this point in PDP‘s life their chairman should be their ‘face.‘
PDP need somebody who would be accepted by majority of the people. Somebody who can bridge the already so wide a gap.
I thought PDP would have moved in to catche into the mess that is in APC right now.
APC is just a floating party at the moment and PDP could have done better if they had gone for a clean but even an unknown person.

Well i shouldnt be taken panodol for another man‘s malaria but i thought PDP would have become a formidable opposition party. But now i am so so disapointed.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by TheFreeOne: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2016
Idrismusty97:
With his Fat neck like cowbell, He has the natural looks of a BH sponsor. 2019 would be a walkover for APC.

Don't be too sure cos PDP will present a northern candidate in 2019 to counter Buhari influence cos there would have been a lot of bad blood between now & then and those aggrieved will definitely turned against his reelection bid or anyone he'll support if not willing to re-contest.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:11am On Feb 18, 2016
HAhahahaahahahaaha! Boss see as you don finish PDP with your words. I think we should give the man his needed time

philips70:

Find your way into Okupe's Facebook and read his latest post. That's the true position of things in PDP. The choice of SAS is one of the worst of PDP just like the gaffe of making FFK GEJ's campaign media director only with the reason of continuing with pushing sectional and religious sentiments which backfired seriously.
Thing is this is the true PDP, a party that's not interested in nothing other than looting and sharing of billions of Naira amongst themselves. This will never change. Nigerians will never trust them with power anymore and that is the truth no matter how the APC falters.
The APC has faltered with governance since they came in yet the PDP has not been able to get themselves together to reposition themselves and seize the opportunity to set themselves as an alternative. Reasons are not far fetched, the party is dominated by only crooks who only delude themselves with a Utopian ambition of coming back to power to continue where they stopped in corrupt enrichment. By the time the EFCC finishes with the PDP no Nigerian who values his name will fraternize with them even behind closed doors. Watch out for Ribadu, he will soon announce his resignation from the cancer called PDP and gradually the party will be left for the true current owners, Fayose, Wike, Dickson, Akpabio, Ikpeazu and the other few dodgy characters that occasionally show their buffoonery on TV.
Meanwhile good luck as you start all over again the very difficult task of laundering the ever battered image of the cancer called PDP. I know you can try as a very good image maker but I bet you will be tired again in the near future, it's a lose lose venture as no one can salvage a soured egg.

1 Like

Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by omoigbomina(m): 10:23am On Feb 18, 2016
Modu sheriff was mala kachalla's god father so you cannot separate sheriff's influence from the running of the state.it was when they fell out that sheriff became the ANPP candidate because of his influence in ANPP even ahead of a sitting governor.So as a god father to the governor do you know who were his candidates that the governor appointed?by your narrative you over simplified the whole issue,by glossing over it and not digging deep.
Re: Setting The Record Straight On PDP Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff by afelele9(m): 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The Belief...

The Facts...

I DONT FREECK WIT DIS POST,
DIS MAN HAND IS NOT CLEAN JARE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The NGO Regulatory Bill: Summary & Its Implications On NGOs In Nigeria (Photos) / Heads Will Roll If Anything Happens To Magu - MURIC Threatens / Dino Melaye Reacts To Presidency’s Call For Senate To Reconvene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.