Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. (27049 Views)

My Giving Habit Affects My Friendship / What Happened To The Naira Swap / CBN Floats The Naira, The Implications For You And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by dFroshie(m): 10:15am On Feb 18, 2016
Nigerians please what's the way forward now when are we going to live the type of life we want not the life chosen or decided for us.Now devaluing our precious Naira to is not the way forward,I also learnt when devaluing naira the import rate is going to increase while our self made commondity is gonna embrace but the question is are we yet stable or has the what it take to depend on our self made good?

I wipe for my country

#moneymustbemadeeidalegallyorillegally
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by cecegorz(m): 10:16am On Feb 18, 2016
chekasforchekas:
And please what happens to my dom acc, will I be able to get dollar through my dom acc.
And what happens if I wanna make withdrawal from oversea too.
Will I be able to withdraw dollars from my don acc, please I need help on this because if I have $50k will I be able to access is down there in Nigeria, or will the interbank change this to my local currency abeg help. Our big boy is just on exchange rate difference.

SUre.
Now you can withdraw or fund your dom account as you wish.
However if you want to do a transfer to an offshore account, you can only transfer a maximum of $10k or it's pound/Euro equivalent per day.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by godoluwa(m): 10:17am On Feb 18, 2016
chekasforchekas:
nice question, please someone should answer this.
no, u will be paid in naira @official rate
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by psalmsjob: 10:17am On Feb 18, 2016
5p1naz:
Wa ris dis??

155 to 168?? What year was this written?? Money don good like this??

The article should at least let us know its not new... even though I understand the focus is on how the devaluation affects us, the OP should have made it clear that the news isn't fresh...
...when I saw 155 to 168 as the most recent naira value before this "devaluation", I had to cross check the date of this post before reading further....something isn't right.

But there is no perfect time to invest or spend....minimizing the risk is key.

A cheaper Naira could encourage foreign investment and local savings....I see good times ahead by 4th quarter to 2017.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by Jacko1(m): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2016
This write up seems like 2014.... Is this write up for this year.... Stil very informative and explains well to a layman
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by coalcoal1(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2016
I don't get.... huh
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by chekasforchekas: 10:21am On Feb 18, 2016
godoluwa:
no, u will be paid in naira @official rate
thanks but still bullshit
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by abdulhamid0(m): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2016
Honestly I still don't understand....whats the benefit?
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by deebsman1(m): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2016
we shall survive, anyhow anyway......he who is already on d floor fear no downfall again, that is d plight of most Nigeria's commoners.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by chekasforchekas: 10:22am On Feb 18, 2016
cecegorz:

SUre.
Now you can withdraw or fund your dom account as you wish.
However if you want to do a transfer to an offshore account, you can only transfer a maximum of $10k or it's pound/Euro equivalent per day.
I know that but in what currency like I want to make a withdrawal from Nigeria are my gonna be paid in dollars or naira?
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by cecegorz(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2016
chekasforchekas:
I know that but in what currency like I want to make a withdrawal from Nigeria are my gonna be paid in dollars or naira?
You'll be paid in whatever currency the account is opened with.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:27am On Feb 18, 2016
Will the devaluation stop BDC from selling dollar and direct all their customers to the bank so importers can buy dollar at the Devalued rate and not the parallel rate, if NO! Then Devalue or no devaluate no make any sense to the nigerian importer because he is alredy buying at a Crazy rate of $1 = 350 & rising #who devaluation don help

Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by chekasforchekas: 10:32am On Feb 18, 2016
cecegorz:

You'll be paid in whatever currency the account is opened with.
note that by December last year banks where paying with local currency against the dollar acc. Please a banker needs to confirm this for me before making another mistake of funding my dom.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by chekasforchekas: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2016
deebsman1:
we shall survive, anyhow anyway......he who is already on d floor fear no downfall again, that is d plight of most Nigeria's commoners.
no we will not, running a dom acc of $100 in America that when you get back to 9ja you will be giving half equivalent of that money+tax+bank charges. And other concocted charges.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by joey150(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2016
Sometimes i wonder how naija problem just heaps and heaps.
Like we never had a government or structure before. Its quite sad.
The ones that claim to be working are doing so with little alacrity and minimal care.

We serioulsy need a revolution...
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by cecegorz(m): 10:38am On Feb 18, 2016
chekasforchekas:
note that by December last year banks where paying with local currency against the dollar acc. Please a banker needs to confirm this for me before making another mistake of funding my dom.

You can sue the bank. You open a dom account by sourcing the FX yourself to fund the account. How can they now pay you in Naira? At what rate? Who does that?
It's different from remittances that they can convert and pay in Naira
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 18, 2016
make CBN print out more naira na. abi wetin? no b we get nairaj? print more naira and distribute it. . . nonsense we get chip, we no fit print.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by chekasforchekas: 10:41am On Feb 18, 2016
cecegorz:

You can sue the bank. You open a dom account by sourcing the FX yourself to fund the account. How can they now pay you in Naira? At what rate? Who does that?
It's different from remittances that they can convert and pay in Naira
GTB did this December last year when I was in town, even duo that I did not do it at the end of the day, but they proposed paying at the stipulated bank exchange rate.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by truthisbittar12: 10:52am On Feb 18, 2016
Rubbish post.

-you travel outside you are on your on. it means u can aford to.
-your stock? dont tell me rubbish my sweat my salry i use
to buy stock last 4 years, i can not even recover the initial
capital. it is all scam, nothing like shares in nigeria.
- a country with corrupt ppl almost 75% hw do u
progress in it.
-then givin someone dollar at low rate to and inport rice or tooth pic.

nigeria don tire me.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by kennethchidi(m): 10:56am On Feb 18, 2016
charles316:
This is 2016.

Meanwhile I have 12500 US dollars to sell.
Interested buyers quote me. No pms pls.

Rate= black market rate minus 5 naira.
If u r for real,can we discuss Ds? How do we make contact outside here plus? Am.interested.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by truthisbittar12: 10:57am On Feb 18, 2016
it no affect my money.

na our ppl dey mekam like that.
i want to buy the dey tell me it don cost oo
becos of devaluation of niaira.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by deebsman1(m): 11:01am On Feb 18, 2016
rich man's headache.......the govt should do d needful and may those who spoil this economy to this stage should know no peace. Same oil export dependent economy is being run in saudi arabia yet they have over 500b dollars in reserve, even ordinary angola over there, same thing, they have over 150b dollars in reserve. Nobody should blame diz present govt for the economic woe rather their own blame is lack of direction, more needed to b done by them.
chekasforchekas:
no we will not, running a dom acc of $100 in America that when you get back to 9ja you will be giving half equivalent of that money+tax+bank charges. And other concocted charges.
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by ekefre4(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2016
Op I thought I saw $1=N385 yesterday
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by RichYoungNigger(m): 11:17am On Feb 18, 2016
Where do you live ?? Under the rocks ??
$1 is currently 365 naira

Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by Atigba: 11:17am On Feb 18, 2016
Mod

Please remove this post

Is misleading

This article was written long time ago

Probably 2014
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2016
5p1naz:
Wa ris dis??

The article should at least let us know its not new... even though I understand the focus is on how the devaluation affects us, the OP should have made it clear that the news isn't fresh...
shut the Bleep up!
Oversabi
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by valves: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2016
5p1naz:
Wa ris dis??

It was probably written some time last year
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by teesmarth(m): 12:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
So what about the effects of naira on nairaland. What happens now ?

1 Like

Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by ajealadick(m): 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
I thought I was the only one who noticed. This looks like 2010 post.

5p1naz:
Wa ris dis??

Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by 100Cents: 12:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
Last2comment:
I hope this post enlightens Nairalander a bit on some of the pros and cons of devaluation or depreciation of Naira.

Stale.

You deserve ban..
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by ajealadick(m): 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
Silkmoth33:
shut the Bleep up!
Oversabi

See what corruption had done to you? You fight every right thinking person to hide your ineptitude
Re: How The 'de-valuation' Of The Naira Affects Your Money. by chekasforchekas: 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
deebsman1 yes rich mans headache I see you never pry to be rich all the same let it worry me and I never stated in any of my post or comment...... Blame this government which even if I have to blame them, I will with enough reasons and evidence ok. Don't be deceived by media propaganda.
Peace

:
rich man's headache.......the govt should do d needful and may those who spoil this economy to this stage should know no peace. Same oil export dependent economy is being run in saudi arabia yet they have over 500b dollars in reserve, even ordinary angola over there, same thing, they have over 150b dollars in reserve. Nobody should blame diz present govt for the economic woe rather their own blame is lack of direction, more needed to b done by them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How You Can Search For Any Registered Company In Nigeria / Hausa Man Refused To Sell Beans To A Woman After She Tried To Cheat Him / Can Same BVN Be Used For An Account Holder With Different Account Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.