Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church (3678 Views)

Apostle Suleman Makes First Church Appearance After Sex Scandal (Photos) / Checkout The Very First Church Building Of Synagogue Church Of All Nation(scoan) / The First Church Of Lucifer Has Been Sites In Coulunbia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Anybody without a button for brain can see that. Its just unfortunate that some of our brothers and sisters would not allow their egos bruised with truth. They'd rather die in the comfort zone that roman catholicism has provided than question the most unbelievable doctrine/tradition of this institution.

Questions you, catholic need to start asking yourself if you believe in the inerrancy of the scriptures.

1) Is there a history of christianity in the bible?
2) Where did the bible say it all started?
3) Does the bible recognise an institution OR a group of people washed by the blood of the lamb as the church?
4) Does the bible recognise any authority that concerns spirituality order than the bible itself
5) Who was Peter according to the bible?
6) Did the other apostles/believers consult Peter for spiritual direction/judgement.
7) Was Peter seen as a Jesus-representative/vicar by other believers. Or was he a fellow elder and believer who had many weaknesses like the others and had to rely solely on the grace of God?

Only you can be honest with yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Last2comment(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2016
So which is the first church?
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2016
Last2comment:
So which is the first church?
What says the scriptures?
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by SMARTKOSSY: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2016
An2elect2:
What says the scriptures?
keep deceivn urself

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by joefredd006(m): 8:02am On Feb 18, 2016
Don't worry your head my sister. Religious historians, archaeologist, ethnographers, Atheists, and more have tried to disprove that too. But the material evidence of presence is overwhelming. Luckily for them, they also have a writing culture of dating their history.

So just let it slide, for the fact that you senior your own church doesn't mean you now know where the stream of christian faith flows from.

Let it go dear, let it go

Moreover, i doubt if these are the questions you'll be asked at the gate of heaven (if you believe in that)

Let it slide !
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by joefredd006(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2016
Jeez! have you ever heard of the book of the Acts of the Apostles, the early church in Antioch, a communion of believers in Christ, baptised by the spirit, presided over by Apostle Peter. Have you heard of the various epistles to the various churches in Samaria, Ephesus, Thessalonia, and others presided over by the Apostles. This led to the coinage of the name 'catholic' (universal) as it was fast spreading. Still presided over by Apostle Peter and he went on missionary journeys to admonish the people of the 'new faith'

What about a statement like:
"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on
this rock I will build my church, and the
gates of Hades will not overcome it" (Matt 16:18)

Now have you asked yourself which church Christ was talking about. Coza, Redeem, Or Rhema. I guess not.

'...and the gates of Hades will not overcome it'' don't turn yourself into a gate of hell that questions a direct order.

Drop your phone once in a while, and pick up the bible. it surely has all the answers, even more than google

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 8:46am On Feb 18, 2016
joefredd006:
Don't worry your head my sister. Religious historians, archaeologist, ethnographers, Atheists, and more have tried to disprove that too. But the material evidence of presence is overwhelming. Luckily for them, they also have a writing culture of dating their history.

So just let it slide, for the fact that you senior your own church doesn't mean you now know where the stream of christian faith flows from.

Let it go dear, let it go

Moreover, i doubt if these are the questions you'll be asked at the gate of heaven (if you believe in that)

Let it slide !

What does the embolden mean? I am not a catholic.

Let it slide, let it go, let it slide.I should let error prevail because of "peace"? You dont know what you are saying

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2016
joefredd006:
Jeez! have you ever heard of the book of the Acts of the Apostles, the early church in Antioch, a communion of believers in Christ, baptised by the spirit, presided over by Apostle Peter. Have you heard of the various epistles to the various churches in Samaria, Ephesus, Thessalonia, and others presided over by the Apostles. This led to the coinage of the name 'catholic' (universal) as it was fast spreading. Still presided over by Apostle Peter and he went on missionary journeys to admonish the people of the 'new faith'

What about a statement like:
"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on
this rock I will build my church, and the
gates of Hades will not overcome it" (Matt 16:18)

Now have you asked yourself which church Christ was talking about. Coza, Redeem, Or Rhema. I guess not.

'...and the gates of Hades will not overcome it'' don't turn yourself into a gate of hell that questions a direct order.

Drop your phone once in a while, and pick up the bible. it surely has all the answers, even more than google
Here he goes again. The same things i said when i was an unbeliever, a catholic and indifferent to the bible. Can you answer the questions above? with the bible?
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by osesology(m): 9:20am On Feb 18, 2016
Does it really matter which one came first? Your Bible is there, use it and stop trying to stir up directionless and senseless debate online.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by joefredd006(m): 9:26am On Feb 18, 2016
You want answers right ? Go offline, pick up your bible and study the new testament from Mathew to Revelation. That doesn't guarantee you'll understand thought, but that's a stepping stone. Peace

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 9:52am On Feb 18, 2016
osesology:
Does it really matter which one came first? Your Bible is there, use it and stop trying to stir up directionless and senseless debate online.
Your hurt right? Well it does matter. That the catholic church is first is the foundation stone for every other false doctrine it propagates.
Simple. If this most important lie is exposed, if they come to realise that their mother church is not the mother afterall, they would have the option of deciding which authority to follow: the bible or rome. And most would would choose the surest and most reliable, the former.

Fow now, they are bond slaves of rome. Pity

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by joefredd006(m): 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
You're a fine kid that still have a long way to go. Don't let your youthful exuberances take away the beauty of tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
BB i see truth in what you are saying but's it not rosy on the other side too. Everything is messed up. embarassed
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
joefredd006:
You're a fine kid that still have a long way to go. Don't let your youthful exuberances take away the beauty of tomorrow.
Whats this one saying. Is there anything more beautiful than serving God right? mcheeww some people just like talking anyhow. An2elect2 you have time o.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
Speechless3:
Whats this one saying. Is there anything more beautiful than serving God right? mcheeww some people just like talking anyhow. An2elect2 you have time o.
Lol. Talk of youthful exuberance. If only he knows the beauty of worship in truth. I can't ask for a better life.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
Speechless3:
BB i see truth in what you are saying but's it not rosy on the other side too. Everything is messed up. embarassed
Yea, almost everything is messed up but this is according to the predetermined will of God(where our confidence lies) however there are still genuine christians scattered here and there. We are everywhere but the world knows us not. And we are the bearers of truth. Praying for you dear.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
An2elect2:
Yea, almost everything is messed up but this is according to the predetermined will of God(where our confidence lies) however there are still genuine christians scattered here and there. We are everywhere but the world knows us not. And we are the bearers of truth. Praying for you dear.
Amen. Thats what i need serious prayers! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by analice107: 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
Speechless3:
Babe, you mean the Bible is messed up? because what the OP means is, pick your Bible. She's not saying check the doctrine of a non Catholic Church.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Outofsync(m): 7:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
**Sighs**
Here we go again.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by analice107: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
Speechless3:
Amen. Thats what i need serious prayers! smiley
You need prayer right? Here it is;
Thank you father for your grace and mercy upon your daughter. Thank you for your gift of salvation to her.
Right now Lord, behold your daughter, whom you fore-knew, predestination, called, and justified, Lord I ask that you glorify her.
You said, she that asketh recieveth. And she that seeketh fineth, she is a seeker, show her. Give her illumination and reveal yourself to her in ways that sheds all doubts.

I ask that you fill her with knowledge of your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; so that she might work worthy of you in all that pleases you, May she be fruitful in every good work and increase in the knowledge of you.
Oh Lord, strengthen her, with all might, according to your glorious power, and give her patience to walk with you, increase your joy in heart while she waits.
Lord, make her to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. Enlighten her eyes of understanding for her to know what is the hope of your calling and the riches of your glory towards her.
Lord, let your daughter encounter you supernaturally. Giver her a testimony that every ear that hears shall tingle, and eye that sees shall marvel.
Clear her doubts by sanctifying and cleansing her heart with the washing of the water by your word.
May your spirit rest upon her, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord. Make her of a quick understanding, let her not judge you by the things she sees, for we walk not by sight but by faith.
Your word says, we have not received because we have not asked, you said we should ask that we may recieve, that our joy maybe full. Therefore Lord, am asking that all these and many more, be done for your daughter, my sister. I ask in Jesus. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2016
analice107:

Babe, you mean the Bible is messed up? because what the OP means is, pick your Bible. She's not saying check the doctrine of a non Catholic Church.
She knows what i mean.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by analice107: 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
Speechless3:
She knows what i mean.
OK.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 19, 2016
An2elect2:
You are using Bible put together by Catholic Church and calling them names,your case is like somebody that own and driving a mercedes benz car and calling mercedes company fake

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by italo: 6:54am On Feb 19, 2016
Rayhut:

You are using Bible put together by Catholic Church and calling them names,your case is like somebody that own and driving a mercedes benz car and calling mercedes company fake

Lol. Gbam!

Confused people. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by italo: 7:44am On Feb 19, 2016
Find answers within. grin

An2elect2:
1) Is there a history of christianity in the bible?

Yes.

2) Where did the bible say it all started?

Israel.

3) Does the bible recognise an institution OR a group of people washed by the blood of the lamb as the church?

Yes.

4) Does the bible recognise any authority that concerns spirituality order than the bible itself

Yes. 1Tim3:15 "...the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth." Matt16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

5) Who was Peter according to the bible?

The Prime Minister of the Kingdom of God, who had the keys to the kingdom and the authority to bind and loose on earth and heaven. smiley(as seen in the verse above)

6) Did the other apostles/believers consult Peter for spiritual direction/judgement.

Yes. Luke22:32 but I have prayed that your own faith may not fail; and once you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers.” Paul (even after meeting Jesus) went to Peter and stayed 15days before beginning his ministry (Gal1:18). It was Peter that resolved the first doctrinal dispute in the Council of Jerusalem Acts15). How could they not consult the one with keys to the kingdom? grin

7) Was Peter seen as a Jesus-representative/vicar by other believers. Or was he a fellow elder and believer who had many weaknesses like the others and had to rely solely on the grace of God?

Peter was Christ's representative and Vicar. John 21:15-17 - Jesus charges Peter to "feed my lambs," "tend my sheep," "feed my sheep." Sheep means all people, even the apostles. Yes, Peter had weaknesses, but that doesn't stop him from being the Vicar of Christ.
Acts 1:15 - Peter initiates the selection of a successor to Judas right after Jesus ascended into heaven, and no one questions him.
Acts 5:3 - Peter declares the first anathema of Ananias and Sapphira which is ratified by God, and brings about their death.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by Qualer: 9:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Speechless3:

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by CoolUsername: 12:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
I came here expecting to find evidence that would get into research mode for a while.

Tch! I guess I forgot that this is the Religion Section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by analice107: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
CoolUsername:
I came here expecting to find evidence that would get into research mode for a while.

Tch! I guess I forgot that this is the Religion Section.
You guys should protest to Seun, by writing him an open letter requesting for him to open an atheist section for you guys. It'll really make sense if you can have your section. But I know, just like the muslims, you guys will find that place too boring, so will still come out here to have fun.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by CoolUsername: 1:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
analice107:

You guys should protest to Seun, by writing him an open letter requesting for him to open an atheist section for you guys. It'll really make sense if you can have your section. But I know, just like the muslims, you guys will find that place too boring, so will still come out here to have fun.

Why would I need an atheism section? I'm not afraid of my views being challenged. In fact, it's kinda healthy to constantly have to rethink your stance on a subject.

It's just when I saw the title, I was expecting OP to cite some archaeological findings and what-not. I was disappointed to find some weak questions that anyone who calls himself/herself a Christian should know.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by italo: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
CoolUsername:

Why would I need an atheism section? I'm not afraid of my views being challenged. In fact, it's kinda healthy to constantly have to rethink your stance on a subject.

It's just when I saw the title, I was expecting OP to cite some archaeological findings and what-not. I was disappointed to find some weak questions that anyone who calls himself/herself a Christian should know.

All the archeological evidence shows the Catholic Church to be the first/only Church.
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rayhut:

How can you compile a book you dont believe in? Your church places the bible below its traditions. For long your popes and bishops/cardinals and priest have disregarded the bible,hidden it from the masses and dismissed its relevance. You only pride yourselves as custodians of the bible but not doers of the word. You should hide your heads in shame for so did the pharisees pride themselves as keepers of the letter/law and not as those who obey
Re: The Catholic Church Is Not The First Church by An2elect2(f): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
italo:
Find answers within. grin

As it was expected dishonest cherrypicking of scriptures and a deliberate turning away from the truth as adopted by all false teachers.

1Tim 3:15"But if I tarry long, that you may know how you
ought to behave yourself in the house of God,
which is the church of the living God, the pillar
and ground of the truth.
"Don't be a fool, as every matter concerning truth and spirit is sought from the source of all truth by the church of God. The Church does not look on itself but on the word of God. But the church is the sole custodian and preserver of the truth. In old, the house of God was built by hands of men, now the new and far better convenant has the house of God consisting of human beings/people washed by the blood of the lamb: both the Jews and the gentiles.

In the same vein, all of us who make up the church are not the originators of what is true but responsible for holding diligently to the truth that has been entrusted to us by God. Notice Paul was issuing a serious warning to the Church, through Timothy reminding them of how they ought to behave. Notice he didn't say the Catholic church but the church. And if we must take this part of the scripture, we must take other parts too. What was the warning for? what was the truth that was resting on the church? What is the whole message in that chapter? Is the church the author of the truth or the ground on which the truth rests? Is God the author of the truth? Mr Italo have mercy on yourself and those you are decieving.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Made A Jehovah Witness Sweat Till He Fled / Please Who Has Successfully Got Deliverance From Marine? / Jesus Christ The Incarnation Of Adam - Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.