Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,816 members, 7,844,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. (861 Views)

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song / What's The Best Nigerian Rap Song Of The Decade?? / Who Is The Queen Of Nigerian Rap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by JaeCee: 1:48am On Jul 09, 2009
Hey whats up people i am new on this forum and this is my first post.
I am an up and comming rapper / producer based in London and one thing i have noticed
from friends family and the internet is the nigerian music scene is a bit different
You gotta apeal to the club and the radio no 2 ways about that.
Ive writting countless songs about a girl but it has the western feel and i would like for you guys
to give me names of some nigerian rap songs that is about a girl so i can see how i can blend it in the whole
nigerian style i know chorus has to be catchy prefarelaby in nigerian or something ,

I plan on promoteing it on nigerian radios and stuff too,

Thanks

Stay Blessed,
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by Krayola(m): 2:45am On Jul 09, 2009
haha. I'm having the same issue. Naija people too love to shake yansh. I'm not into dat shit, but i'm tryin 2get into it. What I do is I record sample tracks and send to some friends I made on the forum to get their feedback. They're in Naija so they know what works. I don't think tryin to copy other songs is a good strategy cause it'll stifle ur originality.

catchy hook, drop the foreign accent, speak pidgin if u can, i try humour as an alternative to danceable stuff. I figured the only thing Nigerians love to do more than dancing is laughing, so i try to have some silly stuff in there that hopefully makes them pay attention. I try speakin pidgin and straight naija style so everyone can understand without paying too much attention. The more work people have to do to "get it" the less appealing it gets. Drop elaborate and unnecessary punchlines and keep it simple. . .for the most part naija ain't ready for dat shit, imo.

I wish u all the best. I'll love to hear some of ur beats cause i'm shoppin for beats right now. holla back!
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by JaeCee: 4:32am On Jul 09, 2009
cool mayne ,  and i cud deff hook u up with some beats. ohh yh i dint want to copy i jus wanted to see the style that appeals to em
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by Krayola(m): 6:53am On Jul 09, 2009
aight. . .cool. that makes sense. my YID is tourboh at ymail dot com. Really wanna check out the beats.
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by dammiecool(m): 8:41am On Jul 09, 2009
check Ruggedmans touched by an angel
Although d track is not about a girl, its about him fallin in love with rap(hiphop) music( makin rap music look like a girl)
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by JaeCee: 9:42am On Jul 09, 2009
thanks man but do you know where i can download or listen to it on the net as to purchase a rugged man cd where i am at would be extremely hard.
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by dammiecool(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2009
www.ruggedmanonline.com

try d above link cool
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by rapjunkie(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2009
dammiecool:

check Ruggedmans touched by an angel
Although d track is not about a girl, its about him fallin in love with rap(hiphop) music( makin rap music look like a girl)

i love the beat on that track. one of the better songs on the album.

did like Hip hop 101 too.
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 13, 2009
Maybe you should listen to
Nigerian girls by MODE9
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by dammiecool(m): 11:00am On Jul 13, 2009
@poster
If u want acceptability dont go d way of nigerian gals
try sometin positive about girl n not bad thins about dem.
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by dammiecool(m): 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
Sanchez feat jamal-Lady on the bus
Sanchez-cant hold back
Re: Nigerian Rap/hiphop About A Girl. by rabboni777: 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2009
Check out this upcoming female rapper, i think we've got another MISSY ELLIOT coming up. She's" VONNIE.B" she's divine, straight from the city of Angels , give it up for my girl from the West Coast, under the one and only, under estimated "KIDD" Insane Entertainment.

www.myspace.com/insaneent1 (click on "i like it" ft Kidd)

Holla at ur boi "Kidd" duffman_61@yahoo.com or rabboni777@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Any Of U Guys Listen To The New(2 Months Old) M.i Track (somebody Want To Die) / Flex Escapes Assassination / 5 Most Unexpected Collaborations In Naija.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.