Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song (36602 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? / Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Osinachi Remix – Entertainment Journalist / The Art Of The Nonsense Remix Is The Case Of Davido And Osinachi – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
This is just my personal opinion. Vector's King Kong remix featuring Phyno, Reminisce, Classiq and Uzi has to be the d-opest rap song in Naija (ever?)

The visuals were crayyy! Butterfield beyond the video, the contribution of every artiste on that track was just out of this world....they all came correct. I haven't seen artistes go as hard as those guys did on a collaboration. Like they all wanted to prove something, and boyyy did they prove it! (maybe they were tryna outdo Sarkodie's remix? grin).

I had some favourites, so i'll break them down from my best down to the least IMO....they all did good, but some were amazing.

1) Uzikwendu(Uzi): the lil bro of Killz did not disappoint his big bro. This dude was just FIRE on the track. Like, where the hell has he been? We've got Twista here and we've been rockin' to a bunch of 2Chainz niggas? I loved EVERYTHING about this dude's lines. The rhthm, the speed, everything was just....DAMN! I have to see him again.

2) Classiq: first off, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Vector for finally getting a REAL A-boky on a track, Ann boy did this dude represent! On a track with fairly established guys, these new bloods definitely took the spotlight. Classiq was just waoh! Rapping in Hausa, he delivered the language of the North so beautifully, one is tempted to sign up for an Hausa class. Thank you Nasarawa for giving us Classiq

3) Phyno: As usual, Mr. Obago delivered his punchlines with enough infusion of Igbo so you make no mistakes where he's repping, but at this point, we should all know how Phyno does it....I particularly liked his line "Real recognises real, ma nigga so why don't you look familiar?".

4) Vector: As much as Vector owned the original of this song, he had to tone it down for the other guys, but he still brought his heat. Would've preferred if he opened the music, but he was still pretty awesome on it, I liked his Johnny line

5) Reminisce: Baba Hafusa was my least interesting act on this beat. I just feel like Olamide would've murdered this song more than he did. He was just okay, he went as hard as he has in recent times, but still, he fell short just a little compared to the other guys.

Totally, Uzi and Classiq were the stars of this song and MattMax definitely did some magic with the visuals....even though there is a resemblance to Jay-Z's "On to the next one". Certain scenes stood out for me. The illuminati-ish scene with Uzi as well as the Horse rider scene with Classiq.

Here is the video, what do you think of the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcBVXIxqG0k

Cc: mikuz, lalasticlala, giiyaz, siddogg, airmark

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dammyblaq(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2015
the music is actually cool, to me, baba hafusa killed it #area#.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Mynd44: 3:14pm On Jul 14, 2015
The song has my nomination for song of the year and Video of the year.

Olamide in the track....I don't know but Olamide has been known to be laid back most times but those guys were agressive.

Another song that makes sense is "Africa" (Remix) by Black Magic featuring Vector, Phyno and Reminisce

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by dammyblaq(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mynd44:

Olamide in the track....I don't know but Olamide has been known to be laid back most times but those guys were agressive.

Another song that makes sense is "Africa" (Remix) by Black Magic featuring Vector, Phyno and Reminisce
that's true, black magic is trying, the song was dope though.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 3:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Mynd44:

ya, Africa remix was hood, but it pales in comparison with this jam. It was more laid back, no urgency about it, not enough heat, but nice rhymes.

Another jam I love is Local Rappers with Reminisce, Olamide and Phyno....they went hard on there as well....but King Kong was just madt

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2015
Classiq killed it..

By the way, I just want to thank whoever mixed that song.
Those strings during Classiq's verse were everything.

The remix with Sarkodie was crazy too.

What do y'all think about AQ's 'Son of John' mixtape?

18 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by safarigirl(f): 3:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Classiq killed it..

By the way, I just want to thank whoever mixed that song.
Those strings during Classiq's verse were everything.
I know, right? The strings during Classiq's verse and the flute in Phyno's verse, the traditional touch was definitely nice cool

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Emodeee: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lalasticlala, sheee dis thread fit reach front page? Do d needful, let d rap gurus comment.
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by iamkingzlee(m): 4:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
You just gotta love Uzi's verse mehhnn... He's the man of that track!

Classic did very well too..

14 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by wildchild1: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Yemi Alade was looking for Johnie cos Walker had to walk away//
I hope you ppl take a cue from Johnie,hope you ll walk away

I came (cum) last cos the ladies love it that way grin

In other news,football jerseys available for sale https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available

24 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by NwaNimo1(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
ok
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by freesinzu(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by kay29000(m): 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thank God you said it is an opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by NwaNimo1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
What of 'Chop my Money'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Fvcking dope track.

Local rappers is another killer track. This track can just make you quit your job if it's a 8-4 and it ain't paying you well

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by rEinCarNaTeD1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
Here to read comments from confused people cool

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Remilekun101: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
you are so right
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by chukslawrence(m): 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2015
DOPE, but how I wish baddo was there

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Filled with Illuminati-wannabe imagery.

Borrowed heavily from Jay Z's video (can't recall the title).

A for effort. It's not easy to put yourself on the line and showcase your creativity.

But by far, my best Nigerian remixes are SHOKI! & Show Me Yuh Rozay

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by alaoeri: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Don't know why Vector doesn't get the desire recognition in the music industry, that guy is a fvcking rapper.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Thank God it's your opinion sha,no further comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Its a good thing its your opinion that way no sane homo sapien will take it serious undecided

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Safarigirl your head is there grin....love the beat like mad!... it makes me go cray cray!! grin

Where my headset abeg lol

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by igboboy3(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Classiq!!!

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
wildchild1:
Yemi Alade was looking for Johnie cos Walker had to walk away//
I hope you ppl take a cue from Johnie,hope you ll walk away

I came (cum) last cos the ladies love it that way grin

In other news,football jerseys available for sale https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available

Oshamo!!!!!! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by sukkot: 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
4.58 MINUTES OF MY LIFE I CANT GET BACK. RUBBISH SONG

10 Likes

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by goodlifehyd(m): 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
The song is DOPE but the video got lots of issues with the effects, as a cinematography student that video is well below the song... watch wella and you see alot of lapses

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by viqSmallz(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
what of tke banana till u go yo by dPrince
Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by ritababe(f): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
THANK GOD YOU SAID YOUR OPINION

1 Like

Re: Opinion: King Kong Remix Is The Best Nigerian Rap Song by Emekamex(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
Phyno brought me here

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido Pushes A Fan's Wheelchair (Video, Photos) / Falz Blasts Yahoo Boys In "Confirm" / MC Loph Is Dead (The Man Behind The 'Osondi Owenu' Remake)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.