Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,254 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Be Servant To One Another - Marriage Awaiting Room - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Be Servant To One Another - Marriage Awaiting Room (734 Views)

Six Days After Wedding, Man Arranges Another Marriage For Wife With Her Lover / Is God Punishing Me In My Marriage For My Sins Against His Servant? / How My Pastor Ruined My Marriage - Civil Servant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Servant To One Another - Marriage Awaiting Room by joanana(f): 11:23am On Feb 18, 2016
BE SERVANT TO ONE ANOTHER

"U want a great marriage? Be a SERVANT ! I meantioned this in a single's forum & got some eyes rolling.

Doesn’t that go counter to everything our world teaches today?

Be the best, just do it, the last one standing wins.

We cannot humble ourselves to serve someone else, that would be below us.

We are all taught to compete not complete.

We are taught only fools can be taken for granted

Let me tell U this, finding unity, peace, happiness & security in Ur marriage will be difficult if U cannot learn how to serve one another.

It’s in learning to give that we actually find fulfillment. As U both learn how to serve one another something happens within Ur hearts that melts U together.

"Through love serve one another" (Galatians 5:13)
I'm not saying its an easy task

It’s sometimes difficult to want to humble yourself & be a servant especially when U think Ur spouse don't worth it.

Jesus himself came down & became a servant 4 us to teach us the way. Matthew 25:40 ‘Truly I tell U, whatever U did for one of the least of these brothers & sisters of mine, U did for me.”

As we learn to serve one another we are actually learning how to serve God better also.
I am not going to say this is an easy key to learn or practice especially when you're married to a person who needs a great change to be better for U. But when it comes to Ur marriage it is something that can once again help to bind Ur heart strings together.

Remain blessed"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Servant To One Another - Marriage Awaiting Room by Cutehector(m): 11:24am On Feb 18, 2016
And what is Dat greater calling?
Re: Be Servant To One Another - Marriage Awaiting Room by greatness22(m): 11:29am On Feb 18, 2016
Nice one op, but some men do take this privilledge to trample on the lady.
Re: Be Servant To One Another - Marriage Awaiting Room by Vision4God: 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Dats y d Bible says be ye transformed by d renewing of our mind...
Re: Be Servant To One Another - Marriage Awaiting Room by RiloKiley: 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nice one op but some women do take this priviledge to humiliate their husbands.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CUTE or not ...JUDGE / The 5 Biggest Regrets People Have Before They Die / Post Your Funniest/most Touching Experience With Any Memeber Of Your Family..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.