Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS (26133 Views)

Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Cross River (Photos) / Protest At INEC Office In Edo. Police Repel Protesters With Tear Gas (Pics) / Buhari’s Bodyguards Weep & Protest Over "Hijacking Of The President By Cabals" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
Yorubas and indeed all nijerians that voted that lame slowpok called president with nepa bill as certificate will surely regret ever voting for him.
Naira is now N370 to a $1.

2 Likes

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by danot1030: 9:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
Tijanu Sheu is a Jonathan stooge, he should be put into the inner most part of the prison as suspect he's on saboteur mission.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by ohenhen1: 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
This is just crazy. Miss placed priorities, these people are not protesting the NASS salaries, na VC sack they are protesting. Shame on you.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by herald9: 9:24pm On Feb 18, 2016
Who for get time to go fight for VCs when there're other things to be fought for?
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
adioolayi:

It's better you rather keep shut in discussions beyond your scope...It's glaring you know nothing about how decisions are made in Nigeria's Institutions.. oponu

http://www.informationng.com/2012/05/varsity-exercises-autonomy-picks-vc.html
stop posting the link you are only wasting your time because they will never read it. They have been programmed to defend policies of this government wether good or bad. Don't be surprise if they call you IPOB youth.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by EmekaBlue(m): 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
I hate buhari
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
Students Protests and general sense of disaffection in the polity angry
Fela for don knack person better music by now.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by shoboy9: 10:06pm On Feb 18, 2016
Military regime.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by mrtheo33: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
emzila:
why d protest in the first place, were they the ones that employed those VCs.
the topic should be Nigerian police dispersed paid tugs on protest with tear gas. I don't even know what the youths go to school to read these days.
I hate it whenever people with fish brain like come online to spew trash. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by Walelavender(m): 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2016
Why make a mountain out of a mole hill? The protest was unnecessary.
The chairman of All the VCs of FG owned varsities corrected the notion that they were sacked but had their tenure expired,save for 3 of them, which we expect Mr Adamu Adamu to tell US why.

The media hype isn't worth it.
ASUU should be doing this (protest) not the disgruntled students
Yeye dey smell
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by nkemdi89(f): 10:38pm On Feb 18, 2016
LegalAnalyst:
Nigerian police are unprofessional in their handling of protesters. Don't they know that it is only when protest turns violent that option of arrest or disperse with tear gas then becomes necessary.

It is the fundamental right of any Nigerian to protest or hold rally and procession even without Police Permit any where in Nigeria.

*NaijaLegalAnalyst*
In your legal parlance I want you to read about minimal force, before you blame the force.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by wadetaw202: 10:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
emzila:
the topic should be Nigerian police dispersed paid tugs on protest with tear gas. I don't even know what the youths go to school to read these days.

When did it become a crime to protest?
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by tno4real(m): 10:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
nnachukz:
Buhari in action. If you protest you will be arrested. This is militocracy. All security agencies have buhari's body language manual, they understand and follow it religiously. Killing, arresting and illegally detaining Nigerians at any seen opportunity.

Lock your mouth pls
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by Ikawokolaso(m): 10:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
Firstly I want to call on the Nigeria Police to release NANS President and others arrested today during the protest. The President of the NANS, Tijjani Usman said the protest was organized to draw government's attention toward its decision to sack the VCs. I thought NANS stand for National Association of Nigeria students and not the mouthpiece of VCs. Nigeria lost a rare get as a result of bad medical facilities in yabatech, NANS didn't protest. FCA Ibadan students protest against the sudden increase in the school fees, NANS didn't protest. NDU gallant student protest over an obnoxious policy by the school Management without NANS support. I have nothing personal against NANS current leadership but the truth is whose interest is NANS protecting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by badlaw(f): 10:42pm On Feb 18, 2016
Sometime is beta not to argue online because many tout r online who school's just pass through them. Here u knw them when u see they comment. Image a graduate saying a student has no right to protest when teacher are sack or when there are no teachers in class simple because it is a federal sch.
Hatred has made so many nigerians to be ignorantly fool after sch.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by evansjeff(m): 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
Montaque:

You know less of why the protest is necessary. There are employees of the federal government that can't be fired at will, and ASUU fought for that and got it. That's now stipulated in the university laws, the means and procedure for hiring and sacking, it's no longer government affair solely. Ask people in the sug circle and those in the know. The protest is ripe and the ASUU suppose to champion it.
and since ASUU didn't for obvious reasons, NANS then decide to take it up, of all the pressing issues the Nigerian student is conspicuously faced with, from substandard lecture halls, hostels, arbitrary hike in fees, outrageous cases of molestation from lecturers...common...get me right, they are doing this because this is what will fetch them financial benefits if they succeed anyway
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by Bluffly: 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
kay29000:
Why were the VS's sacked? There should be an explanation for that move.
Explanation to who.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by mrvictor: 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
That same old military government that prefers shutting down schools and building more prisons is back here again.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by 2n2k(m): 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2016
A few months ago, OAU student union (before its proscription) called on government to remove the VC of the university and prosecute him. Now it has become an offence for the same govt to remove the VCs of some universities that do not even have governing councils in place.

The students should learn to be consistent.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by iamtomiymb: 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
LegalAnalyst:
Nigerian police are unprofessional in their handling of protesters. Don't they know that it is only when protest turns violent that option of arrest or disperse with tear gas then becomes necessary.

It is the fundamental right of any Nigerian to protest or hold rally and procession even without Police Permit any where in Nigeria.

*NaijaLegalAnalyst*
pls read again... d police took action after Nan's destroyed a passing SUV glass
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by poseidon12: 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
emzila:

Get informed please. The government actually does not have the power to arbitrarily sack and appoint VC's. The university governing councils are supposed to do that. I believe the case is heading to the court and ultimately to the supreme court. This is what I got from Dr Femi Aribisala's article on the budget of fraud.
So I believe the students' protest is in order.

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by samento: 11:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
Spanner4:
When u hear d word Change Better run for ur lives.

This is just a tip of an iceberg
If you hear corruption jump and embrace it. ISIEWU.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by iamtomiymb: 12:07am On Feb 19, 2016
see let us learn n know what is going on bf we comment...
I will call some people idiot for ranting that the effect of change..
FG employed.. so FG can sack if ur services isn't much enough... go to does sch..does Vc no do anyf..
and is only ASUU or NLC dat av d rite to protest for does sacked... shey na students dem expel?
OAU Union President was suspended no1 fite for him
does protesting are doing it for their own pocket to be credited... or maybe paid thug as sm1 said
weeks ago.. SP chose 1 f Nan's as his PA... don't u tink D's 1 also dy look for post?

if NLC and ASUU no fite wating concern lasma with passport.. he b immigration officer?

pls let us think
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by JAHseal: 12:47am On Feb 19, 2016
harmless011:
Is this the change we voted for

Yes o !
Cleaning up d rotten system is d change we ALL voted 4.
#pmbonpoint !

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by JAHseal: 12:52am On Feb 19, 2016
Remyboyhefty:
embarassed o lord see wat dat kunu drinking dullard is doing to the people of nigeria ...lord have mercy

If u knew what dat ogogoro-sharking aquatic phd holder did 2 my country ehh...
Oooooo shiiiit !

1 Like

Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by ahizih(m): 1:34am On Feb 19, 2016
otokx:
Unfortunately ASUU may not comment on this matter as its alleged the sacked VCs did not allow establishment of any union in their universities.
Yea you're right and made a lot sense in your observation, but I want equally tell you that such unions like ASUU are established after five or thereabout years of existence of the institution.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by femiero: 2:23am On Feb 19, 2016
emzila:

I'm sure that like your principal buhari, you don't have university education. I don't know how a man who didn't improve himself since 1984 academically can improve the country.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by Auxigen(m): 2:46am On Feb 19, 2016
Flexherbal:
Uncivilized police!
Uncivilized police you say,hahaha I laugh.. I guess you didn't read d part that said "trouble started when... " Not like am in support of the police but must Nigerian students behave as rascals.. come to think of it, the NANS President was also among the protest..
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by babadem2much(m): 3:36am On Feb 19, 2016
Mopolchi:
As if say the VCs give them work

My brother if my son is there let him just prepare and start paying his school fees because that is not what i sent him to do.

As if the VC don reduce him school fees
awon yan banza kowai
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by henryhemon(m): 5:20am On Feb 19, 2016
Montaque:
If u were in opposition to the way Sls was sacked as cbn governor by gej and u don't see anything wrong in this present mass sack, u are close to hypocrisy.

They were not sacked,their tenures expired apart from 3 others.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by henryhemon(m): 5:26am On Feb 19, 2016
Ikawokolaso:
Firstly I want to call on the Nigeria Police to release NANS President and others arrested today during the protest. The President of the NANS, Tijjani Usman said the protest was organized to draw government's attention toward its decision to sack the VCs. I thought NANS stand for National Association of Nigeria students and not the mouthpiece of VCs. Nigeria lost a rare get as a result of bad medical facilities in yabatech, NANS didn't protest. FCA Ibadan students protest against the sudden increase in the school fees, NANS didn't protest. NDU gallant student protest over an obnoxious policy by the school Management without NANS support. I have nothing personal against NANS current leadership but the truth is whose interest is NANS protecting.

Nice one.
Re: Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS by henryhemon(m): 5:29am On Feb 19, 2016
femiero:

I'm sure that like your principal buhari, you don't have university education. I don't know how a man who didn't improve himself since 1984 academically can improve the country.

Now gej had PhD I wonder why he didn't improve Nigeria and I guess you are educated,how have you improved your own place? Education is good but let's assume PMb did not go to school as you stated, let's wait and see if he did do better than a doctor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teachers Sent Abroad For Training Have Absconded - Jigawa Govt / Osun Rerun: PDP Rejects Results, Says It’s Black Day For Nigeria / Rivers Is Not Edo, Oraye Tells Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.