Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times (22569 Views)

N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by jamace(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Good investigation by EFCC.
EFCC must hold his blokos very tight, probably he should be the first to visit Kirikiri.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by LegatusGlaber(m): 10:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Obiagelli:

Omo onile (land grabbers) settle judges for less than 20k.

This country is a mess

What a shame. May God grant PMB the will, strength and committed personnel to carry on this cleansing.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by ilubarde: 10:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
Prosecute the Federal High court judge whose name is linked to collecting N225,000 bribe. Secondly, prosecute the Chief Judge of the Federal High court for receiving N8mln from a related party in contravention of judges code of conduct. This will serve as
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Nicur: 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
I don dey look EFCC with the same eye I take dey look bloggers, which kain yeye talk be this naw? 250k for a whole Judge? Hmmmm
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by trappatoni(m): 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
modath:

Na 250k only for a Judge? shocked shocked ... mehn the Judge is El Cheapo!!! Ewww! embarassed
Thank you for making my day @modath. Na one by one we go catch all the EL cheapoes grin
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by xxgig(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
masseratti:
Drama at its peak,we need more hands at efcc,those guys are becoming gestapos,not holding briefs for the san ricky tafar,but the efcc is funny thinking 250k will b able to sway a judge,
Btw if u guys dont know check your facts very well,the san is APC.lawyer.jp

The amount does not matter at all. The core issue here is that there was communication between them, money was exchanged and efcc only mentioned the money they have evidence/prof.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by 1miccza: 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
odeotito:

Very well, then, attend the court sessions or keep a tab on them. They are open to the public (at least for now) before the 90something SANs bring an application to Court seeking a secret trial on the grounds Tha Tarfa's right to privacy,constitutionally, is deserving of protection from the public glare!

Now what attains? A case like this sure does not deserve a secret trial if you ask me. I'm responding to you because of your very sensible responses.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Manspeaks(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
doctokwus:

Don't be surprised that there are Nigerian judges that can rule in favor of a client over a gift of just N25k 'recharge' card or just fuelling their car.
U wudnt imagine how low judges in this part have sunk.

It is very doubtful that the said amount could be a bribe. Nigerian lawyers are corrupt. Agreed. But I find this allegation hard to believe; it is too small for a Nigerian judge.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by 1miccza: 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
haildeji:
And what part of the post show he is a supreme Court Judge?

Oga even if he is a high court judge my statement still stands
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by SmartMugu: 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
1. All the cases ever tried under the judge within a certain space of time needs to be revisited - obviously he he a currupt judge.
2. All the cases Ricky Tafa won should be scrutinized.
3. His fellow SANS that appeared with him in court should be investigated as well, their financial dealings with other judges too looked into.

I see another can of worms opening here.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by masseratti: 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2016
xxgig:

The amount does not matter at all. The core issue here is that there was communication between them, money was exchanged and efcc only mentioned the money they have evidence/prof.
well tbh that part is really sad,something must be done about the Judiciary,they are embarassing us
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by SmartMugu: 10:43pm On Feb 18, 2016
Manspeaks:

It is very doubtful that the said amount could be a bribe. Nigerian lawyers are corrupt. Agreed. But I find this allegation hard to believe; it is too small for a Nigerian judge.
Do you know how many cases judges hear per day? This is just one, multiply that by the number of cases he may receive similar bribes for and see if that doesn't amount to what the Chief Justice of the Federation and Mr President make.
Judges don't make that much money legally.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by busomma: 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
This Tarfa & the judge must be used as an example of what will befall others that may toe that path by giving both of them long prison sentences & all their I'll gotten assets confiscated by the federal government. If we can't trust the judiciary, Nigeria is doomed beyond redemption as a country. This is even worse than the trillions stolen by the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Manspeaks(m): 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
SmartMugu:

Do you know how many cases judges here per day? This is just one, multiply that by the number of cases he may receive similar bribes for and see if that doesn't amount to what the Chief Justice of the Federation and Mr President make.
Judges don't make that much money legally.

Agreed. But my problem with a lot of nigerian youths is that we believe everything on the pages of newspapers without taking a critical look at issues before we draw up conclusion. Do we know if there has been a cordial or mutual relationship between these two? Emotions!!
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
1miccza:

Now what attains? A case like this sure does not deserve a secret trial if you ask me. I'm responding to you because of your very sensible responses.

I do not by any means support a secret trial. I was only pointing out one of the law trampling, truth supressing and corruption smothering strategy the 90something SANs might deploy in the course of the trial.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by 1miccza: 11:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
odeotito:

I do not by any means support a secret trial. I was only pointing out one of the law trampling, truth supressing and corruption smothering strategy the 90something SANs might deploy in the course of the trial.

Well i've known that aLl along

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2016
LegatusGlaber:
That's cheap and all the more makes the allegation somewhat false

I don't think it's cheap at all. If you read the report you can see that the instant case is just one of many deals between the judge and the lawyer. What was at question here was a mere motion, what would the pay off be for a full judgement. Remember also that the judge may well be on the books of other corrupt lawyers and you can see the potential cash flows.

In fact it is possible that the payment tranches are structured at this size to avoid raising any red flags. Not cheap at all, just very well thought out.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by edupedia: 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2016
1miccza:

Sure they are,i am only bothered by the fact that we can hardly trust the social media today

...if u can trust what YOU say here why are u suspicious of ALL OTHERS?...
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by igbanbajo(m): 11:48pm On Feb 18, 2016
modath:

Na 250k only for a Judge? shocked shocked ... mehn the Judge is El Cheapo!!! Ewww! embarassed

El Cheapo indeed

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by 1miccza: 12:01am On Feb 19, 2016
edupedia:

...if u can trust what YOU say here why are u suspicious of ALL OTHERS?...

I don't even trust what i see here
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by aresa: 12:38am On Feb 19, 2016
Pennywise:

Bribes are given depending on the severity of cases. Obviously it is systematic- this is one of many cases.

Obviously, it was an ongoing arrangement so who knows how many times money have changed hands between the two../.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by aresa: 12:44am On Feb 19, 2016
CyberWolf:
Can EFCC provide evidence of all this allegations in court knowing how wack our constitution is? ... We always knew ihe the case started but nobody ever knew how the case ends... Anyway it's none of my biz..

They did already. These are court documents and marked exhibits before the court,

Reading and comprehension is really not difficult...
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by SmartMugu: 1:23am On Feb 19, 2016
Manspeaks:

Agreed. But my problem with a lot of nigerian youths is that we believe everything on the pages of newspapers without taking a critical look at issues before we draw up conclusion. Do we know if there has been a cordial or mutual relationship between these two? Emotions!!
Your points make absolute sense! I know EFCC fighting a lawyer and a judge wont be an easy battle in Nigeria's existing legal system. Let's see how it goes.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by aresa: 3:00am On Feb 19, 2016
[b]The Commission further stated that Mr. Tarfa had, in April last year, attended a book launch in honour of Ibrahim Auta, the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, in the company of Gabriel Igbinedion, who was the chief launcher.
‎Mr. Tarfa introduced Mr. Igbinedion to judges and senior lawyers who attended the programme, according to the EFCC.
“That I know as a fact that inspite of the Applicant’s knowledge of Rule 3(f)(j) of the Code of Conduct for Judicial Officers which stipulates that ‘A judicial officer and members of his family shall neither ask for nor accept any gift, bequest, favour, or loan on account of anything done or omitted to be done by him in the discharge of his duties’ the Applicant did not advise his client not to donate the said sum of N8 million to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court. Now shown to me and marked Exhibit ‘Q’ is Thisday edition of 3rd May 2015 capturing the proceedings of the launching including role of the Applicant.
“That I know as a fact that the Applicant’s client, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion made the donation of N8m in the referred occasion to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court inspite of knowledge by Chief Gabriel Igbinedion that his son Michael Igbinedion who had been convicted was awaiting the sentence of the Federal High Court in criminal proceedings pending against Chief Gabriel Igbinedion’s son (Chief Michael Igbinedion) before the Federal High Court.
“That I know as a fact that a few hours after the donation of the said sum of N8 million to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court by the Applicant’s client, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion’s convicted son was sentenced to a year imprisonment or N1 million through a questionable plea bargain which was condemned by all right thinking Nigerians.[/b]

Senior lawyers frustrating war against corruption —EFCC boss

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/senior-lawyers-frustrating-war-against-corruption-efcc-boss/

Exactly what Magu was talking about..smh..
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Arbitersowemimo: 4:38am On Feb 19, 2016
LOSS OF CONFIDENCE IN THE JUDICIARY
Events like this in the public domain can lead to loss of confidence in the Judiciary. The loss of confidence in the Judiciary of some jurisdictions has lead to the development of an Alternative legal process to litigation known as Alternative Dispute Resolution [ADR]. I[ personally have been engaged in ADR practice for about 27 years and found it to be an effective legal process

1 Share

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Hollaniyii(m): 5:42am On Feb 19, 2016
Hmmmm there is fire on the mountain in this country, probably I may shift position and support IPOB cause. There seems to be no hope in this country from the Executive to d Legislative down to the Judiciary are devil incarnate
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by ejisun53(m): 5:44am On Feb 19, 2016
All these corrupt judges and lawyers will not know peace. They are responsible for GO AND DO IT NOTHING WILL HAPPEN AS LONG AS YOU GET MONEY.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by modath(f): 5:51am On Feb 19, 2016
igbanbajo:

El Cheapo indeed

Yep, he is El Cheapo, the cheap classless one, haba nah, 225k? He can do better!! I don't like petty thieves, anything worth doing at all is what doing well, people should only ruin their lives, lose their dignity & disgrace their families for big sums not guguru & epa level.

*caveat*

I don't like nor support criminals & wish them a fate worse than death but I have grudging respect for big ones !! Amosu of the 1m USD septic tank is a bawse....

Hello, hope you doing ok. smiley
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by asksteve(m): 6:27am On Feb 19, 2016
aresa:

SHOCKING: Rickey Tarfa bribed Justice Yunusa with N225, 000; habitually manipulates judges – EFCC

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198657-shocking-rickey-tarfa-bribed-justice-yunusa-n225-000-habitually-manipulates-judges-efcc.html

Why is it that any judgement that doesn't favor this witch hunters is procured through bribery or some back door means, if they have any tangible evidence beside the lies they keep feeding Nigerians with then they present it in court and no judge will look d other way.
What I see Is the present government trying to discredit the entire judiciary so as to run a unitary system, since d legislative arm has been dealt the same blow so as to render their views almost irrelevant.

If they want to fight corruption its all their in d APC, the so called 16yrs of PDP misrule are all in d APC.

God save Nigeria from this mess some of our greedy, selfish n clueless fellow citizens put us into.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by NoRetreat(m): 6:43am On Feb 19, 2016
Thank God! Its EFCC that investigated the case if its the police, the fact, investigator and the file would have been dealt with by connections and influences.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by MyNose: 7:18am On Feb 19, 2016
I don't believe this at all. Bribing Yinusa J with 225,000naira. His salary alone should be like x3 of that amount. Am not holding brief for him but it's ridiculous to say he was bribed with such amount.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:40am On Feb 19, 2016
greenpasture:

... In fact it is possible that the payment tranches are structured at this size to avoid raising any red flags. Not cheap at all, just very well thought out.

Very much possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Rejects N’assembly’s Peace Deal On Budget - Punch / Saraki Loses Latest Attempt To Stop CCT Trial.... Pic Attached. / Tinubu Sets Up Special Panel To Probe N-Power, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.