Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times (22573 Views)

N225,000 Donation To Judge’s Father-in-law’s Funeral, Not Bribe – Rickey Tarfa / Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / 32 SANs Accompany Rickey Tarfa To Court, Sues EFCC For N2.5billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by don4real18(m): 7:57am On Feb 19, 2016
A shame... A big one
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by OmoOsanyin: 8:13am On Feb 19, 2016
doctokwus:
Read it and this totally ruined my day because it's clear that this has been a widespread practice.
Knowing also that it's this same chief judge Auta that reassigned that Ekweremadu forgery case gives one further cause to feel saddened.
In all honesty,though I hope I am wrong,but with the present crop of judges and lawyers,i don't see the anti-corruption fight being won.The havoc on the judiciary is too deep rooted.
Sad fact.

what do you expect from BLONDE WIG (colo... mentality) wearing counsels?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by OmoOsanyin: 8:21am On Feb 19, 2016
psucc:
EFCC and investigation. Today they uncover tomorrow they recover.

Yes oooooo!
Spotlight should also be on
EFCC and the office should be monitored.
Hard to find or recover something missing if by chance a 'thief' is unknowingly put in charge...

COULD INVESTIGATING & PROBING EFCC STAFF ALSO BE TAINTED ?

I do ponder...
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by josite: 12:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
Serious lawyers over time in the courtroom had noticed quite a number of lawyers from d guy chambers are belowv average and yet they keep on winning cases and if the judge deny them a simple motion they rudely inform the court they are appealing..now we know why.But most lawyers are merely pretending that they don't know all these are going on before now.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by 989900: 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
doctokwus:
Read it and this totally ruined my day because it's clear that this has been a widespread practice.
Knowing also that it's this same chief judge Auta that reassigned that Ekweremadu forgery case gives one further cause to feel saddened.
In all honesty,though I hope I am wrong,but with the present crop of judges and lawyers,i don't see the anti-corruption fight being won.The havoc on the judiciary is too deep rooted.
Sad fact.

This is sad! sad angry
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by 989900: 12:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Mere N225,000? That judge must be hungry

It is not a 'one-off', it is a 'regular' -- probably 'balance' or 'commitment fee'. sad
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Boss13: 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
What is the Nigerian Bar Association waiting for to suspend Ricky Tarfa license? Don't they have Professional Codes of Ethics again? What is the Judiciary Council also waiting for to suspend the Judge? They may be presumed innocent until proven guilty, however, because their actions are bringing discredit to the law profession they ought to be suspended indefinitely at the moment, pending the outcome of the court case, which afterwards proven guilty, disbarred from practising law in the country.

Also a shame to note that this same Ricky Tarfa came to court with over 90 SANs to intimidate the Judge.

MODs this is front page news

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by aresa: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
asksteve:

Why is it that any judgement that doesn't favor this witch hunters is procured through bribery or some back door means, if they have any tangible evidence beside the lies they keep feeding Nigerians with then they present it in court and no judge will look d other way.
What I see Is the present government trying to discredit the entire judiciary so as to run a unitary system, since d legislative arm has been dealt the same blow so as to render their views almost irrelevant.

If they want to fight corruption its all their in d APC, the so called 16yrs of PDP misrule are all in d APC.

God save Nigeria from this mess some of our greedy, selfish n clueless fellow citizens put us into.

This is the problem with you can't read and comprehend anti Nigerian elements, either you intentionally didn't read the article or you did, but just intentionally bitter and disgruntled to formulate any sane and rational views.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by yommys01(m): 3:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Let the court decide please instated of all this trial by media nonsense
Are you saying the media should not report happenings in the country again?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by yommys01(m): 4:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
asksteve:

Why is it that any judgement that doesn't favor this witch hunters is procured through bribery or some back door means, if they have any tangible evidence beside the lies they keep feeding Nigerians with then they present it in court and no judge will look d other way.
What I see Is the present government trying to discredit the entire judiciary so as to run a unitary system, since d legislative arm has been dealt the same blow so as to render their views almost irrelevant.

If they want to fight corruption its all their in d APC, the so called 16yrs of PDP misrule are all in d APC.

God save Nigeria from this mess some of our greedy, selfish n clueless fellow citizens put us into.
Present it in court? They already did for f*ck's sake. When you will not read.
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by yommys01(m): 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
MyNose:
I don't believe this at all. Bribing Yinusa J with 225,000naira. His salary alone should be like x3 of that amount. Am not holding brief for him but it's ridiculous to say he was bribed with such amount.
It could well be a staggered payment?
Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 20, 2016
MrDavidson:
Until we see federal high court judges languishing in jails on terms of 10 years and above, the Change may not really be taken seriously. They've been the clogs in the wheels of anti-corruption.
Is it not same judiciary that will preside over their cases?
The APC chairman; Oyegun was right about investigating the total judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Rickey Tarfa Bribed Justice Yunusa With N225, 000. Premium Times by igbanbajo(m): 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
modath:

Yep, he is El Cheapo, the cheap classless one, haba nah, 225k? He can do better!! I don't like petty thieves, anything worth doing at all is what doing well, people should only ruin their lives, lose their dignity & disgrace their families for big sums not guguru & epa level.

*caveat*

I don't like nor support criminals & wish them a fate worse than death but I have grudging respect for big ones !! Amosu of the 1m USD septic tank is a bawse....

Hello, hope you doing ok. smiley

Thanks modath, I'm doing quite well. I trust you're doing fine too?

Greetings to your family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah: We Lost 1000 People, 2 Million Cows In Taraba / Governor Ben Ayade's Billboards Destroyed Ahead Of 2019 Election (Photos) / Oyetola: Osun Will Deliver One Million Votes For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.