Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. (45200 Views)

Traders Weep As Fire Guts Timber Market In Enugu / How To Earn Dollar & Naira With Online Course Teaching Your Skills & Hobby / Exporters Of Kosso Wood And CITES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Rightworld(m): 11:59am On Feb 21, 2016
Is timber not contraband?
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
Dear Op, it is really Capital intensive oo. What if I don't have that type of money in millions?? Is there any hope?
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by henrixx(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Harpesin:
Nice post from Adifranka, you have really done a great job......Am contacting you on whatsapp for more collabo......Meanwhile for those who are in need of a qualified Agent to handle this, contact Mr Babalola of Inland Containers Nigeria Limited (08021004927 / 07030119932) (temitope.babalola@inlandcontainers.net) we have our bonded terminal in Kano and Kaduna and our head office is in Apapa, Lagos......Export is one of the best business of the year 2016.

We handle the following perfectly:-

Cow horn
Bitter Kola
Ginger
Sesame Seed
Cocoa
Zinc
Cashew nut
Charcoal
Palm Kernel Shell
Sheabutter
and many more.......
hello pls..... Can u buy any of these products from me... I serve in taraba state nd they have enough of these items. Will like to buy from farmers nd sell but don't know wer to sell
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by einsteine(m): 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
I thought timber was on the export prohibition list. Legally, you can't export timber in Nigeria. See link below
https://trade.gov.ng/tariff/prohibitionList_Export.do
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
einsteine:
I thought timber was on the export prohibition list. Legally, you can't export timber in Nigeria. See link below
https://trade.gov.ng/tariff/prohibitionList_Export.do

You are right Einstein, timber is on the lists of custom contraband comodities. This is the reason we spend heavily to export a container of timber. Nigeria custom charge is very high to export timber, compare to relatively small amount of money you will spend to export agro products that are not contraband. E.g Nigeria custom charge less than 200k to export any solid mineral product or agro produce, compare to the cost charged in timber export.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
Dear Op, it is really Capital intensive oo. What if I don't have that type of money in millions?? Is there any hope?

Yea. It is very capital intensive. I will work out something for you guys, but not now.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

Yea, it is really capital intensive. I will work out something for you guys, but not now.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
Adifranka:

Yea. It is very capital intensive. I will work out something for you guys. It will only get netter bro.

Just help Bro... Any business you think I can invest a little cash into that will benefit me, don't hesitate to holla at me pls.

Thanks!!

Fernandoumunna@gmail.com
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rightworld:
Is timber not contraband?

It is bro, but as you can see. It's been exported.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by millhouse: 8:30am On Feb 22, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
I feel if 3 to 5 people pull resources together and contact the Op to work with him directly on one circle of Transaction end to end, it would be a learning curve and with time individuals can transact on their own. Any body game with this?

1 Like

Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 22, 2016
millhouse:
I feel if 3 to 5 people pull resources together and contact the Op to work with him directly on one circle of Transaction end to end, it would be a learning curve and with time individuals can transact on their own. Any body game with this?

Am in bro...
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Harpesin(m): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2016
henrixx:
hello pls..... Can u buy any of these products from me... I serve in taraba state nd they have enough of these items. Will like to buy from farmers nd sell but don't know wer to sell

Yes, if your price is good. Presently I have a client who need Dry Ginger like 5containers. Contact me on 08021004927 and lets discuss.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by sonnie10: 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
Adifranka:

You don't go to your bank to withdraw cash ( dollar ), when you receive your payment in your dorm account. This is because, as you rightly said. Bank will pay you official rate of #198 to 1 USD. Dollar in your bank account is worth more than the physical dollar cash. This is because of CBN's monetary policy that do not favour importers to have access to dollar. You transfer your dollar from your account to any potential buyer's account, while he credits your naira account according to the parallel market exchange rate. Often I sell more than the black market rate.
You can export wood legally, just listen and follow through this post .

I raised the issue of timber being on export prohibition list earlier on this thread and this was the answer you gave me. The truth is that it is on the prohibition list but like every other thing in Nigeria, enforcement is lacking. This is one of the risks in this business... and of course every business has its own risk.
Another risk area is getting buyers. I see a situation were a loaded container sits at the beach for months and the buyers are taking their time. I believe, the owners of the beach will continue to charge you for occupying their space.

One more question, what method of payment/shipping do buyers agree with? COD OR FOB. A shrewd buyer might withdraw a bank letter of credit just to come back and price it for less since you already shipped.

1 Like

Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
sonnie10:

I raised the issue of timber being on export prohibition list earlier on this thread and this was the answer you gave me. The truth is that it is on the prohibition list but like every other thing in Nigeria, enforcement is lacking. This is one of the risks in this business... and of course every business has its own risk.
Another risk area is getting buyers. I see a situation were a loaded container sits at the beach for months and the buyers are taking their time. I believe, the owners of the beach will continue to charge you for occupying their space.

One more question, what method of payment/shipping do buyers agree with? COD OR FOB. A shrewd buyer might withdraw a bank letter of credit just to come back and price it for less since you already shipped.

Somnie10, I stated in my post earlier when you raised the question that timber is in the list of export prohibition lists, but you can export legally. Legally, because we pay custom export charges and other related charges to the Nigeria custom services. Therimbers are not been smuggled out. They know the reason why it is in the list of prohibition commodities. And the custom charges we pay accrue to FG revenue.

As you rightly said, every business has a risk. If you know the nitty gritty of the business, you can still manage and navigate yourself out of those risks. Reason you need mentorship in business. I have done this business for the past 7rs at least, am still here. The issue of leaving a loaded container in the beach you raised, there are situation were the tincan and Apapa port will be congested with loaded commodities, maybe some vessels of a shipping lines may delay their arrival at the port. This will cause congestion in the port, the NPA will not allow any other loaded container to enter tincan or apapa port until those containers in already have left the port premises. As a result, any loaded container in the beach will continue to stay in the beach it is being loaded until NPA opens port again. Not because the owner is looking for buyer.
Again, Sometimes OC Export may have issues with forwarding agents, for reasons best know to them. Harpesin is in the house, and Harpesin is a forwarder, He may help you to understand more. They will not allow containers to enter port until the issue is settled. Leaving loaded containers in the beach. Those loaded containers are not waiting for buyer.

In my post I said, I will give any interested person 100% assistance from sourcing to sells. There are genuine and established buyers already, you can sell to. Maybe with time you can learn how to get genuine buyers on your own..

This transaction is basically FOB deal. No CIF deal. Because you need to turn up your money. Cif deal will tie down you money for at least 2 months.
Payment is on Tt against sighting the original BL and other related docs by the buyer.
Or Bank to Bank transaction between seller's bank and buyer's bank. You hand over your docs to your bank. Your bank will contact seller's bank. Any transaction payment procedure must have been agreed on the signed contract.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by myrates: 3:44am On Feb 23, 2016
I am interested, olatunjikareem@gmail.com or 07066417323 ,watsapp 08185540323
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by princessjakie: 8:45am On Feb 23, 2016
Pls add me up on watsapp 08029009595.am very much interested
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by sonnie10: 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
Who is in with me? But on the condition that we invest equal amount, however since this would be the first time, I would need to add a few measure to protect my interest.

1) I will do the procurement with my money and pay directly to the lumber people.
2) The logs after purchase still remain wholly my property until they are sold, no matter how much the partner(s) spent on logistics.
3) The Partner spends on all logistics
4) Payment from buyers would be made into my account
5) I will not refund partners for amount spent on logistics. We can only add that amount as final cost when sharing profit.
6) In a situation were we are unable to get customers, I take all the timber and partner losses money spent on logistics
7 Profit if any would be share 50-50.
cool If we do not find buyer in one month time, we terminate the business according to the above agreed terms.

Now who is ready?
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Rexleo(m): 5:03am On Feb 24, 2016
The whole scenario is just not straight forward and I hate it when business dealings are like that.pls house be careful with your cash.forget this people.most are in bed with each others .
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by carsol: 7:41am On Mar 03, 2016
PLS I NEED DIRECT SUPPLIERS OF KOSSO WOOD FROM TARABA AND BENUE STATES. WE BUY DIRECTLY AND MAKE PAYMENT TO THE SUPPLIER'S ACCOUNT AFTER VERIFICATION OF THE WOODS. GET US LOADED TRUCKS FROM ANY OF THE LOCATION. A TRUCK MAY CONTAIN 140 TO 170 LOGS DEPEND ON THE SIZES. OUR BEACH IS AT SHAPADE/OGERE AXIS. PRICE RANGE FOR TARABA IS 2.4M TO 3M DEPENDS ON THE WOOD AND THE SIZES. CLEAN SAW AND SQUARE SHAPE.
BENUE WOOD PRICE : 1.4M TO 2.2M DEPEND ON THE WOOD TOO. CONTACT MARTINS 07038557933. muyiwa715@gmail.com

Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by sonnie10: 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
carsol:
PLS I NEED DIRECT SUPPLIERS OF KOSSO WOOD FROM TARABA AND BENUE STATES. WE BUY DIRECTLY AND MAKE PAYMENT TO THE SUPPLIER'S ACCOUNT AFTER VERIFICATION OF THE WOODS. GET US LOADED TRUCKS FROM ANY OF THE LOCATION. A TRUCK MAY CONTAIN 140 TO 170 LOGS DEPEND ON THE SIZES. OUR BEACH IS AT SHAPADE/OGERE AXIS. PRICE RANGE FOR TARABA IS 2.4M TO 3M DEPENDS ON THE WOOD AND THE SIZES. CLEAN SAW AND SQUARE SHAPE.
BENUE WOOD PRICE : 1.4M TO 2.2M DEPEND ON THE WOOD TOO. CONTACT MARTINS 07038557933. muyiwa715@gmail.com

The OP stated that the total cost of getting logs from Benue including logistic is #1.9M for 160 logs. But your pricing is within the range of #1.4M - #2.2M. I doubt if you would be willing to do the maximum amount of #2.2M. My question is, what would be the incentive to transact with you?
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by carsol: 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
all the amount of the money you can spend to get a good big benue woods here cannot cost more than 1.4 - 1.5m..... hammering costs #200,000... i know how much it costs to buy wood from benue so how will you spend such amount to get the wood here to shagamu..... even Taraba woods and logistics here would cost 2m to 2.1m despite transportation presently is 600,000 per truck. ,hammering cost 350k to 400k naira ..... so dont let anyone lie to you.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by larion: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2016
Adifranka:

Somnie10, I stated in my post earlier when you raised the question that timber is in the list of export prohibition lists, but you can export legally. Legally, because we pay custom export charges and other related charges to the Nigeria custom services. Therimbers are not been smuggled out. They know the reason why it is in the list of prohibition commodities. And the custom charges we pay accrue to FG revenue.

As you rightly said, every business has a risk. If you know the nitty gritty of the business, you can still manage and navigate yourself out of those risks. Reason you need mentorship in business. I have done this business for the past 7rs at least, am still here. The issue of leaving a loaded container in the beach you raised, there are situation were the tincan and Apapa port will be congested with loaded commodities, maybe some vessels of a shipping lines may delay their arrival at the port. This will cause congestion in the port, the NPA will not allow any other loaded container to enter tincan or apapa port until those containers in already have left the port premises. As a result, any loaded container in the beach will continue to stay in the beach it is being loaded until NPA opens port again. Not because the owner is looking for buyer.
Again, Sometimes OC Export may have issues with forwarding agents, for reasons best know to them. Harpesin is in the house, and Harpesin is a forwarder, He may help you to understand more. They will not allow containers to enter port until the issue is settled. Leaving loaded containers in the beach. Those loaded containers are not waiting for buyer.

In my post I said, I will give any interested person 100% assistance from sourcing to sells. There are genuine and established buyers already, you can sell to. Maybe with time you can learn how to get genuine buyers on your own..

This transaction is basically FOB deal. No CIF deal. Because you need to turn up your money. Cif deal will tie down you money for at least 2 months.
Payment is on Tt against sighting the original BL and other related docs by the buyer.
Or Bank to Bank transaction between seller's bank and buyer's bank. You hand over your docs to your bank. Your bank will contact seller's bank. Any transaction payment procedure must have been agreed on the signed contract.

Boss, I am trying to reach you. Sent you a PM....can we discuss as regarding this deal. Needing where I can buy from.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2016
I am contractor or suppliers of Kosso Wood in Taraba state anyone need
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 16, 2016
I contacted the OP to do business with him and he is not replying his whatsapp message or pick his calls. Be careful guys i don't trust the poster.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 16, 2016
Donwalterthegr8:
I contacted the OP to do business with him and he is not replying his whatsapp message or pick his calls. Be careful guys i don't trust the poster.
Bros, you should stop this lies of calling and sending me message on whatsappand never get a feed back from me. It will never do you good.
I know some nairalanders that will testify soon that they have completed the circle of the transaction and it was a success.
The forwarding agent is a nairalander, he will confirm. I am in the bush sourcing for most nairalanders that are really willing and interested to the busines.
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 16, 2016
larion:

Boss, I am trying to reach you. Sent you a PM....can we discuss as regarding this deal. Needing where I can buy from.

Replied your PM
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 16, 2016
Please nairalanders, for those of us that can source this commodity now from the bush,
You have to bid your price down in the bush were you are buying from.
There is a fall in price of the commodity in the chinese market. Especially those that source and sell locally at Ogere and Sagamu. Most of the Chinese buyers in these areas are not buying as high as they buy weeks ago. The Sierra leone govt opened their forest for chinese investors of wood. There prices has reduced drastically since last week. You will have to price the logs down in the bush, so that you can still make profit after sells.
However, exporters, you dont have to worry because Vietnamese market are still strong as ever. You can still sell to Vietnam buyers and make good profit.

1 Like

Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by alexchina: 10:12am On Jun 04, 2016
do you have whatsapp?am interested for the kosso wood
mabudingashaka:
I am contractor or suppliers of Kosso Wood in Taraba state anyone need
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Harpesin(m): 7:18am On Jun 05, 2016
Wood is now banned
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Mohr(m): 9:44am On Jun 05, 2016
There's a serious stakeholders meeting ongoing to un-ban the exportation. Hopefully, in a couple of days the outcome of the meeting will be made public.
Harpesin:
Wood is now banned
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Mohr(m): 9:50am On Jun 05, 2016
For your haulage / trucking services, please contact BOM Global Strategy Limited on 09085020458, email is bomglobalstrategy@gmail.com
Re: Invest And Export Timber ( Kosso Wood ) And Earn Dollar Into Your Account. by Harpesin(m): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
I pray they un banned it oo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Condition A Debtor Gave A Man On Paying Back The Money He Owned Him (pics) / Obi Cubana Meets Jeremiah Ekuma, Lagos Hawker (Photos, Video) / 3 Powerful Mindset Of Rich People - These Mindsets Can Make You Rich Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.