Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. (1375 Views)

Married Woman Who Slept With Ex-Boyfriend During Pregnancy Lands In 'Trouble' / New Wife Caught Having Sex With Ex-Boyfriend On Their Wedding Night In Zimbabwe / Woman Sleeps With Ex-Boyfriend Hours Before His Wedding To Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by ObaKlaz: 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
I used to be in a relationship with this girl. It lasted four years before we screwed things up.
The relationship ended 'cos at a time then, the tide was against me, things were not clicking right for me at all. She fell for this other guy who showered her with gifts and attention (we were in different states). That was it, she'd spite me and use hurtful words on me. The love we had flew out through the window. I admit that I didn't really act right on my part at times, but she leveraged on that and we broke up. She moved on with this other guy instantly.
Two years on, things had started picking up for me then I met this lady. She's good, loyal, faithful and all that, but deep down, I still loved my ex. We became friends and then hit off a relationship though she's a year older.
A year later, my ex breezed out of the blues and we started communicating again as old buddies. She was kind of keeping tabs on me, so I told her about how things have got better, and how I'm in a relationship. She told me how cool her guy was, but that she didn't really feel the amount of love she wished she'd feel for him.
We kept in touch still. Our chats switched to the past. It got so nostalgic that we professed love for each other, yet we're in different relationships!
Just this evening, my ex called to tell me she'd broken up with her boyfriend. I was surprised.
I'm not so cool with the way the whole thing's going. Yes, I still love her, but it's convenient for me to believe that she's trying to get back because things are better for me now. I'm learning to genuinely love my new girlfriend now, but I know that even if I was held at gunpoint, I still wouldn't deny my love for my ex. My girlfriend has been raising the fact that she's a year older than me (something she knew all along and was cool with!) these days that I'm starting to think maybe she's found someone else.
NairaLanders, I need some profound advice. Please help a brother!
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by obiorathesubtle: 11:16pm On Feb 18, 2016
you don't need advice.. na flogging you need.. strong one!

aszin.. the flogging wey go reset your brain.. you know wetin dy right.. you just want make we chook mouth for the matter.. smh

*spits on op's face* anuman! angry

1 Like

Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 18, 2016
Exs' should be treated like Exs'. There shouldn't be any emotional attachment. You caused it, you showed her how much yur still interested in having her back and she took advantage by manipulating you into considering her again.

Why would a guy still be in love with an ex of over a year even when yur in another relationship? It sure shows how much you don't love the present girl

My advice: cut every link from her

1 Like

Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by Sparkles003(f): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
It gets on me when people don't know what they truly want.rather they prefer to jump from one relationship to another all in the name of dating.
The issues that resulted in the breakup between you and your ex has it been discussed and settled?if not be prepared to break up a second time
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by jmichlins(m): 11:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
If I call you idioL Mods go ban me, what if I call you fooool, I go chop more ban and in case I say you don't deserve the sense you have you go report me. For the reasons above, I will say that you need to suck your mama boosom since you drink only milk leave sence. But on a serious note, girl carry badluck disturb your life so tey Oluwa comot her carry better thing give you, yet you dey go back for the vomit, you na dog I pity the girl your cheating on cause you don't deserve a strand of her hair
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by Elosky20: 11:28pm On Feb 18, 2016
are you in love or in lust.
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
Sparkles003:
It gets on me when people don't know what they truly want. rather they prefer to jump from one relationship to another all in the name of dating.
The issues that resulted in the breakup between you and your ex has it been discussed and settled?if not be prepared to break up a second time
They are both confused
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by Cholls(m): 11:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
my brother you don't any advice cuz you have it already.
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 18, 2016
jmichlins:
If I call you idioL Mods go ban me, what if I call you fooool, I go chop more ban and in case I say you don't deserve the sense you have you go report me. For the reasons above, I will say that you need to suck your mama boosom since you drink only milk leave sence. But on a serious note, girl carry badluck disturb your life so tey Oluwa comot her carry better thing give you, yet you dey go back for the vomit, you na dog I pity the girl your cheating on cause you don't deserve a strand of her hair
do you have to insult him? Smh
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by kowalsky: 1:55am On Feb 19, 2016
pple become exes fore a reason.
no need to swallow back your vomit.

except you're horrny that is... and she's up for a fvcking.. that's okay.
but don't try get emotional and back with an ex... doesn't ever end well. esp if she was the one that instituted the breakup in the first place.

stay with your loyal gf. trust me loyal gurls are scarce as red rubies
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by taryur(m): 3:15am On Feb 19, 2016
kowalsky:
pple become exes fore a reason.
no need to swallow back your vomit.

except you're horrny that is... and she's up for a fvcking.. that's okay.
but don't try get emotional and back with an ex... doesn't ever end well. esp if she was the one that instituted the breakup in the first place.

stay with your loyal gf. trust me loyal gurls are scarce as red rubies

couldnt agree more. spot on!
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by oshyno(m): 6:36am On Feb 19, 2016
For the ex, cut off completely from her. Assuming you succeed getting her back and things turn south for you at some point in your life what then, bake up again ?

If you cant keep your communication with your ex professional cut off.

As per your present girl, can you even as a guy marry somebody older than you. If she is not cool with it, this is the time to end it. It is better to start afresh than continue with k-leg relationship hoping things will turn out better eventually.

1 Like

Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by refiner(f): 7:05am On Feb 19, 2016
op no need advicin u on wat to do....cos its as clear as crystal wat u ought to do!....unless u are blind!...undecided
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by chigoizie7(m): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2016
ObaKlaz:
I used to be in a relationship with this girl. It lasted four years before we screwed things up.
The relationship ended 'cos at a time then, the tide was against me, things were not clicking right for me at all. She fell for this other guy who showered her with gifts and attention (we were in different states). That was it, she'd spite me and use hurtful words on me. The love we had flew out through the window. I admit that I didn't really act right on my part at times, but she leveraged on that and we broke up. She moved on with this other guy instantly.
Two years on, things had started picking up for me then I met this lady. She's good, loyal, faithful and all that, but deep down, I still loved my ex. We became friends and then hit off a relationship though she's a year older.
A year later, my ex breezed out of the blues and we started communicating again as old buddies. She was kind of keeping tabs on me, so I told her about how things have got better, and how I'm in a relationship. She told me how cool her guy was, but that she didn't really feel the amount of love she wished she'd feel for him.
We kept in touch still. Our chats switched to the past. It got so nostalgic that we professed love for each other, yet we're in different relationships!
Just this evening, my ex called to tell me she'd broken up with her boyfriend. I was surprised.
I'm not so cool with the way the whole thing's going. Yes, I still love her, but it's convenient for me to believe that she's trying to get back because things are better for me now. I'm learning to genuinely love my new girlfriend now, but I know that even if I was held at gunpoint, I still wouldn't deny my love for my ex. My girlfriend has been raising the fact that she's a year older than me (something she knew all along and was cool with!) these days that I'm starting to think maybe she's found someone else.
NairaLanders, I need some profound advice. Please help a brother!

Guy, comot your ba3, remove the sim card, and break it. It will pain u so much. But you head will be calm with time
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by kacglobal: 9:08am On Feb 19, 2016
The moment of truth.

Guy quit the two.

Ur ex is a gold hervester. Tell her things has taken a turn again and see how she would react. I hate gold miners angry

Ur present gf, Is gonna run away at the sight of a much older suitor, this is not an assumption; its a fact. Ur the one who is totally comfortable with d age thingy for now. She's not. It's just that she ain't got a choice at the moment so ur just a temporary filler in that space which u are. As soon as something older comes she gone.

In the end u will be the one alone singing (I love you long after you gone.gone gone). lipsrsealed
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by ObaKlaz: 10:11am On Feb 19, 2016
kacglobal:
The moment of truth.

Guy quit the two.

Ur ex is a gold hervester. Tell her things has taken a turn again and see how she would react. I hate gold miners angry

Ur present gf, Is gonna run away at the sight of a much older suitor, this is not an assumption; its a fact. Ur the one who is totally comfortable with d age thingy for now. She's not. It's just that she ain't got a choice at the moment so ur just a temporary filler in that space which u are. As soon as something older comes she gone.

In the end u will be the one alone singing (I love you long after you gone.gone gone). lipsrsealed
kacglobal:
The moment of truth.
Guy quit the two.
kacglobal:
The moment of truth.

Guy quit the two.

Thanks, bro.

1 Like

Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by madonna123(f): 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ur issue is complicated!
Re: In Love With Ex, But Keeping Up With My Girlfriend. by grad2012(f): 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
You don't know what you want.
I don't think you need any one to tell you that your ex is trying to come back to you cos you are doing better.
You have a gal instead of you to treat her well show her all your love and marry her you are thinking of your ex, keep at it ok. If I were you I will dissconnect from that ex work on my new life and be happy with the my gal.

I just wonder why people still keep contacts with there ex's,whether good breakup or bad breakup leave ex's where they belong in the past,stop distroying your relationship pls,there was a reason it never worked out at first.

(1) (Reply)

This Is Serious Pls I Nid Ur Advice / ... / No Work Tomorrow, Let's Stay Up Late! Who's With Me???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.