Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari (23494 Views)

Acting President Osinbajo, Completes List Of Incompetent Ministers To Be Sacked / "Jonathan Was Not Weak Or Incompetent" - FFK Replies Nnamdi Kanu / 9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by slick1(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2016
Nigerians are the most sentimental supporters....somebody go still open eyes and ask what do u expect the minister of finance to do?
Ask me I will tell u she should go and manage the bakery where Olajumoke was before her fame and not our beloved Nigeria....Sai Baba still

3 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Eddie001(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2016
lets not make rash conclusions yet
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by caphone: 11:32am On Feb 19, 2016
;DEarly momo wailing.....well that's good for your osophagus sha
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by olasclef(m): 11:33am On Feb 19, 2016
muzzol:
They are incompetent in your opinion...but miles better than 1) Labaran Maku who claimed GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria and claimed Book Haram was politically targeted at GEJ 2) NOI who announced austerity measures and economic depression barely 45 days of crash in oil price after managing 5 years of unprecedented oil boom 3) Who was even the Defence Minister under GEJ who supervised Nigeria losing over 20 LGs to terrorists. I think the most active Minister under GEJ was Pastor Ayo ( unofficial Minister for religious affairs).

Am sorry for pple like u that speaks with sentiment. Tell me what is currently working in this country.

4 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by 2rutalk1: 11:34am On Feb 19, 2016
It is so disheartening that a sensitive Ministry like Finance should be mortgaged on the alter of ethnicity/tribalism. Even a first year Economics Student knows quite well that the Madam cannot handle that Ministry considering the economic debacle we are facing today. If not for tribalism, somebody like Charles Soludo who understands the rudiments of expansionary fiscal policies should have been appointed by Buhari to resuscitate this comatous economy, which is dieing of liquidity freeze. Just like John Maynard Keyness, Soludo is one Nigerian Economist alive who can save this country in this period of recession. There is a unique medicine for every ailment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Sijo01(f): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2016
TheArchangel:
The selling of the Nigerian state is imminent.

What type of image is that? abeg take it down jare embarassed
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by seangy4konji: 11:35am On Feb 19, 2016
Speechless.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Godsonkemz(m): 11:35am On Feb 19, 2016
The past administration relied on expertise such as Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Adesina, Prof Nebo, Onuyebuchi Chukwu among others while the incumbent government relies on incompetent party loyalists some of which have heavy load of money laundering allegations still hanging on their neck.

5 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by TheArchangel(f): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2016
Sijo01:

What type of image is that? abeg take it down jare embarassed
grin grin
To even think that there is no relationship between the image and my comment and the topic grin grin.
Oh please. I am having a field day.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Wallade(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2016
Can we discuss the various reasons you feel the minister of finance is incompetent?

Matured contribution and constructive criticism please
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Melahou(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2016
BaddieKay:
*yawns* This is just morning and u're already complaining.

complaining after 9months?
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by klax(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2016
Honestly buhari and apc has confused Nigeria sometime I'm shirt of words due to dissappointment from buhari and apc

Up till now no single minister even shows he or she is capable no single one the worst us the finance minister she us the worst in Nigeria history as a finance minister. Goat Amaechi turned himself to inspector General fayemi tourist minister Fashola impostor, God why biko why

1 Like

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 19, 2016
APC na fraud

One chance.

May God help us

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by oshiiteoku: 11:41am On Feb 19, 2016
Infact shame don dey catch me small small,all my friends are now laughing at me because i didnt let them rest wt my trust in buhari,i made so much noise that buhari has the magic wand,bubu ,pls dont let them run me out of town wt shame,pls do what u have to do to make nigeria work,pls.infact i am suspecting obama and co because u rejected their perverted laws

1 Like

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2016
slick1:
Nigerians are the most sentimental supporters....somebody go still open eyes and ask what do u expect the minister of finance to do?
Ask me I will tell u she should go and manage the bakery where Olajumoke was before her fame and not our beloved Nigeria....Sai Baba still
This is apt. The ministry I have issues with today are budget, finance, foreign affairs, solid minerals, communication
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by owumzy(m): 11:43am On Feb 19, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Buhari!!!!!! Pls wake up from ur slumber b4 Nigerians start buying Agege bread for 1k...[/quote]
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by 7lives: 11:46am On Feb 19, 2016
muzzol:
They are incompetent in your opinion...but miles better than 1) Labaran Maku who claimed GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria and claimed Book Haram was politically targeted at GEJ 2) NOI who announced austerity measures and economic depression barely 45 days of crash in oil price after managing 5 years of unprecedented oil boom 3) Who was even the Defence Minister under GEJ who supervised Nigeria losing over 20 LGs to terrorists. I think the most active Minister under GEJ was Pastor Ayo ( unofficial Minister for religious affairs).

All these swipes and jabs you guys are sharing daris Goduoo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by dustydee: 11:47am On Feb 19, 2016
Orikinla:
Even heaven knows many of the Ministers appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari are incompetent.
Their appointments were not based on merit, but on being the loudest loyalists of the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC).

Majority of them are either incompetent or overwhelmed by the great responsibilities of their big portfolios.
The most apparent are the Minister of Finance, Minister of Education, Minister of Information and Culture, Minister of Defence and Minister of Foreign Affairs who has an impressive resume, but does not even know how to assist the President on the best foreign policy for Nigeria.

The worst is the Minister of Finance who should be sacked or should be given a superior adviser like the best Minister of Finance Nigeria has had since independence, Dr. Kalu Idika Kalu whose proven expertise in finance and decades of experience in private practice and public service will be of great benefit to the current Minister of Finance.
What is wrong with the minister of finance? She seems to be doing a good job so far.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Wallade(m): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
This is apt. The ministry I have issues with today are budget, finance, foreign affairs, solid minerals, communication

Tell us about the issues you have with these ministries, let us discuss those issues.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Ahmed3rdjuly: 11:50am On Feb 19, 2016
Most people criticizing Adeosun thinks she is responsible for the Lack of Forex situation in the country...
He job is to source for funds for the president to run the government/budget and ensure monies are not wasted etc
When budget hasn't being passed all we can do is to pay salaries and do some small recurrent expenses.
When the budget is passed we can now start judging her abilities.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Ecoterrorism(f): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2016
Wallade:

Tell us about the issues you have with these ministries, let us discuss those issues.
No policy direction from them before the budget is passed
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Ahmed3rdjuly: 11:55am On Feb 19, 2016
2rutalk1:
It is so disheartening that a sensitive Ministry like Finance should be mortgaged on the alter of ethnicity/tribalism. Even a first year Economics Student knows quite well that the Madam cannot handle that Ministry considering the economic debacle we are facing today. If not for tribalism, somebody like Charles Soludo who understands the rudiments of expansionary fiscal policies should have been appointed by Buhari to resuscitate this comatous economy, which is dieing of liquidity freeze. Just like John Maynard Keyness, Soludo is one Nigerian Economist alive who can save this country in this period of recession. There is a unique medicine for every ailment.
Blame Emefiele and not Adeosun. Your post shows you lack understanding of what the economy is going through
Mentioning J M Keynes doesn't make u sound like an economist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Reference(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2016
Wallade:
Can we discuss the various reasons you feel the minister of finance is incompetent?

Abi oh. Can't see anyone there who will have made a significant difference. The ship of the Nigerian state is defective. No Captain can save it. Na she ask una to depend on crude oil only. Una no get hand to work. A couple of days ago when Calabar was shut out and the traffic snarled for miles you could see the Chinese folks leave their vehicles to make progress on foot with Nigerians laughing at them from the comfort of their cars. Nigeria in a nutshell.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by obailala(m): 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Godsonkemz:
The past administration relied on expertise such as Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Adesina, Prof Nebo, Onuyebuchi Chukwu among others while the incumbent government relies on incompetent party loyalists some of which have heavy load of money laundering allegations still hanging on their neck.
What was the result of that expertise at the end of the day?... Did that expertise not land Nigeria in the mess it currently is in?

https://www.nairaland.com/2943301/incompetent-ministers-president-muhammadu-buhari#43061399
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by ozoemenaca: 12:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Do you need a prophet to know that they are incompetent. See people like Amaechi jumping up and down claiming he is inspecting rail lines. Rail lines built by who ? They are comedians

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by AJOT99(m): 12:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
menix:
No minister should be compared with Minister of Finance, that woman nah confirm Bakery accountant..

Buhari!!!!!! Pls wake up from ur slumber b4 Nigerians start buying Agege bread for 1k...

Guy, u are mean. See ao u finish that woman.

1 Like

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by 2rutalk1: 12:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ahmed3rdjuly:

Blame Emefiele and not Adeosun. Your post shows you lack understanding of what the economy is going through
Mentioning J M Keynes doesn't make u sound like an economist
. It is so glaring that you are not in touch with the realities on ground or maybe you lack understanding of the workings of a nation's economy. It is equally obvious that you know little or nothing about economics. If I may take you back to elementary Economics; We have fiscal policy and monetary policy. The Central Bank of Nigeria is in charge of monetary Policies (money supply), while the government - Finance Ministry is in charge of Fiscal policies (e.g taxation and government expenditure). Like I mentioned earlier, what we are suffering today is liquidity freeze, which can be ameliorated through reduction in taxes and increase in government expenditure. This is the responsibility of the government - Finance Ministry. Before you blame Emefiele, just understand that should CBN pump in money into the economy without corresponding increase in output, there will be stagflation. Even the dollar problem is as a result of low productivity leAding to low/no export of goods and services. infact, I have no time to waste for you. Go back to school before you start defending your Madam.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by menix(m): 12:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
AJOT99:

Guy, u are mean. See ao u finish that woman.

but baba nah true i talk nah..
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
One nasty character about the daura dullar.d is his ITK and holier than thou carriage.

He lived so much in the 70 and early 80s that he drew so much parrarels during his campaign trail, not realizing the current politics of global economy.

The ever silly Nigerians happily waited "baba oyoyo" for eternity to appoint the saints and geniuses.

It's no surprise Prof. Pat Utomi called them idi.ots

Here they are on the highway to Zimbabwe. Good for you guys.
hahaha@highway to Zimbabwe grin
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by maestroferddi: 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Wallade:

Are you for real?

COGENT REASONS

1. The finance minister lacks the leadership presence to superintendent the economic ship of the nation. She appears ill-prepared for the onerous task of charting a clear-cut economic direction for the country.

2. The economic flip-flops or sheer directionlessness of this administration shows that Nigeria has, at best, a nominal/figurehead finance minister who is afraid to affirm her convictions even if they end up costing her the job. Put in another way, the finance minister is merely a passenger in Buhari's cabinet who appears hardly perturbed that she is not adding any scintilla of value.

3. The finance minister is increasingly looking clueless with the spate of scandals and blunders that have come to characterise Buhari's administration, economically speaking. Where was the minister amidst the horrendous budget melodrama? Which policy enactment can the minister point at after being in office for over four months?

4. What exactly has the minister done as the economic helmsperson of the nation to stem the zero gravitational free-fall of the naira? What is our defence against the onslaughts of the green backs? Is the CBN increasing the money supply of hard currencies so as to manage their demand? Or is the government stimulating manufacturing and exportation so as to attract foreign currencies and diminish their demand? What exactly is the policy thrust or position/direction of this government?

5. To what extent has the minister been able to mine other people's intellect? Which egg-heads are in her economic team/retinue? Which connection can she boast of to enable Nigeria get out of the woods? What was she able to salvage from the visit of eminent persons to Nigeria like that of IMF boss Christine Lagarde other than looking like a hapless and diffident PA?

Do you need more?

4 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Lyoncrescent: 12:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
Problem with Nigeria is that if the current Minister of Finance has to be replaced, Her replacement can only come from Ogun State and no other state unless another minister from another state is fired say from anambra state then the Ogun state slot can replace the fired anambra minister while someone like Charles Soludo can then replace the current Minister of Finance. Way too early in the administration to do all this
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 12:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
oshiiteoku:
Infact shame don dey catch me small small,all my friends are now laughing at me because i didnt let them rest wt my trust in buhari,i made so much noise that buhari has the magic wand,bubu ,pls dont let them run me out of town wt shame,pls do what u have to do to make nigeria work,pls.infact i am suspecting obama and co because u rejected their perverted laws
Finally, the blame game has gone international?Habahahaha...falls...stands...hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin And 30 Lawyers In Court To Challenge His Suspension (Photo) / Appeal Court Ruling: Mixed Feelings Among APC Staff Over Oshiomhole’s Return / PDP Presidential Candidate Alh Atiku Abubakar Lands In Adamawa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.