Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari (23489 Views)

Acting President Osinbajo, Completes List Of Incompetent Ministers To Be Sacked / "Jonathan Was Not Weak Or Incompetent" - FFK Replies Nnamdi Kanu / 9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by piagetskinner(m): 12:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nigerians are just like the people of Israel... Complaining and whining all the time... Till most of them didn't see the promise land
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 12:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
maestroferddi:
Are you for real?

COGENT REASONS

1. The finance minister lacks the leadership presence to superintendent the economic ship of the nation. The looks ill-prepared for the onerous task of charting a clear-cut economic direction for the country.

2. The economic flip-flops or sheer directionlessness of this administration shows that Nigeria has, at best, a nominal/figurehead finance minister who is afraid to affirm her convictions even if they cost her the job. Put in another way, the finance minister is merely a passenger in Buhari's cabinet who appears hardly perturbed that she is not adding any value.

3. The finance minister is increasingly looking clueless with the spate of scandals and blunders that have come to characterise Buhari's administration economically speaking. Where was the minister amidst the horrendous budget melodrama? Which policy enactment can the minister point at after being in office for over four months?

4. What exactly has the minister done as the economic helmsperson of the nation to stem the zero gravitational free-fall of the naira? What is our defence against the onslaughts of the green backs? Is the CBN increasing the money supply of hard currencies so as to manage their demand? Or is the government stimulating manufacturing and exportation so as to attract foreign currencies? What is exactly is the policy thrust or position of this government.

5. To what extent has the minister been able to mine other people's intellect? Which egg-heads are in her economic team/retinue? Which connection can she boast of to enable Nigeria get out of the woods? What was she able to salvage from the visit of eminent persons to Nigeria like that of IMF boss Christine Lagard other than looking like a hapless and diffident PA?

Do you need more?
Sound! Especially number4...they don't want people to import/consume foreign goods, and they have no ideas on how to stimulate local production.

We are in trouble.

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Forwetinnah: 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
muzzol:
They are incompetent in your opinion...but miles better than 1) Labaran Maku who claimed GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria and claimed Book Haram was politically targeted at GEJ 2) NOI who announced austerity measures and economic depression barely 45 days of crash in oil price after managing 5 years of unprecedented oil boom 3) Who was even the Defence Minister under GEJ who supervised Nigeria losing over 20 LGs to terrorists. I think the most active Minister under GEJ was Pastor Ayo ( unofficial Minister for religious affairs).

..another bonafide member of AREA ( Aisha Rice Eating Association )

3 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by casto: 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
IyaIode:
Kemi Adeosun is a fantastic minister, she will do wonders. Her had work has made Ogun the number one industrial hub.

Btw Fashola is to Buhari what Ngozi was to Jonathan's administration. Adeosun won't be all over the place.
Adeosun didn't do much in Ogun state dear. Ogun state is very close to Lagos so Industries n companies are moving to a less congested state. She doesn't even have plans 4 nigerians. If she has let her tell us..., the hardship is too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Wallade(m): 12:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
No policy direction from them before the budget is passed

My lady, the budget was only presented but not passed. It is being reviewed.
I will not hold brief for them but do you know that majority of them complained about the difference between their proposed budget and what was presented to the house. I strongly feel the issue is with the Ministry of Budget and Planning.
I think there are a lot of incompetent or compromised hands at the ministry of budget and planning.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Ayodee2(m): 12:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
2rutalk1:
. It is so glaring that you are not in touch with the realities on ground or maybe you lack understanding of the workings of a nation's economy. It is equally obvious that you know little or nothing about economics. If I may take you back to elementary Economics; We have fiscal policy and monetary policy. The Central Bank of Nigeria is in charge of monetary Policies (money supply), while the government - Finance Ministry is in charge of Fiscal policies (e.g taxation and government expenditure). Like I mentioned earlier, what we are suffering today is liquidity freeze, which can be ameliorated through reduction in taxes and increase in government expenditure. This is the responsibility of the government - Finance Ministry. Before you blame Emefiele, just understand that should CBN pump in money into the economy without corresponding increase in output, there will be stagflation. Even the dollar problem is as a result of low productivity leAding to low/no export of goods and services. infact, I have no time to waste for you. Go back to school before you start defending your Madam.
you want government to reduce tax at the same time increase expenditure? where do you expect them to get the money from? or are you saying government should borrow for consumption?
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by ihatesycophant(m): 1:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Orikinla:
Even heaven knows many of the Ministers appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari are incompetent.
Their appointments were not based on merit, but on being the loudest loyalists of the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC).

Majority of them are either incompetent or overwhelmed by the great responsibilities of their big portfolios.
The most apparent are the Minister of Finance, Minister of Education, Minister of Information and Culture, Minister of Defence and Minister of Foreign Affairs who has an impressive resume, but does not even know how to assist the President on the best foreign policy for Nigeria.

The worst is the Minister of Finance who should be sacked or should be given a superior adviser like the best Minister of Finance Nigeria has had since independence, Dr. Kalu Idika Kalu whose proven expertise in finance and decades of experience in private practice and public service will be of great benefit to the current Minister of Finance.
Your view is personal and not general view. Joining Minister for Information and Culture in the array of incompetent ministers is a great disservice to the person of Lai and the knowledge he represent. Again, if what the Minister for Defence had done less than a year if the former ministers in that realm had done better than him, the insecurity and the defence of the nation would have been easy for him. I want you to know that the former ministers had everything at their beck and oil money was swimming on their account when oil was sold at over $100 per barrel. The situation Nigeria found itself doesn't give these ministers breathing space to work effectively just like the governors of states that are now handicap.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Wallade(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
maestroferddi:
Are you for real?

COGENT REASONS

1. The finance minister lacks the leadership presence to superintendent the economic ship of the nation. She appears ill-prepared for the onerous task of charting a clear-cut economic direction for the country.

2. The economic flip-flops or sheer directionlessness of this administration shows that Nigeria has, at best, a nominal/figurehead finance minister who is afraid to affirm her convictions even if they end up costing her the job. Put in another way, the finance minister is merely a passenger in Buhari's cabinet who appears hardly perturbed that she is not adding any scintilla of value.

3. The finance minister is increasingly looking clueless with the spate of scandals and blunders that have come to characterise Buhari's administration, economically speaking. Where was the minister amidst the horrendous budget melodrama? Which policy enactment can the minister point at after being in office for over four months?

4. What exactly has the minister done as the economic helmsperson of the nation to stem the zero gravitational free-fall of the naira? What is our defence against the onslaughts of the green backs? Is the CBN increasing the money supply of hard currencies so as to manage their demand? Or is the government stimulating manufacturing and exportation so as to attract foreign currencies and diminish their demand? What exactly is the policy thrust or position/direction of this government?

5. To what extent has the minister been able to mine other people's intellect? Which egg-heads are in her economic team/retinue? Which connection can she boast of to enable Nigeria get out of the woods? What was she able to salvage from the visit of eminent persons to Nigeria like that of IMF boss Christine Lagarde other than looking like a hapless and diffident PA?

Do you need more?

Let me first ask if you understand the principles of separation of powers, portfolio and departments. I am not holding brief for her but let me address your positions:
1) You said "she appears". Well, looks can be misleading. It is about your intellectual and managerial skills, not looks. Also note that she is not the economic coordinating minister so to what extent can she control her colleagues.

2) The budget should determine the direction of the govt but unfortunately, they messed the presentation up so it is glearing that we have some incompetent hands at the budget and planning ministry. I will excuse the minister because it is the first major assignment which was majorly done by staff of the ministry, given the time they resumed at their various offices, the minister probably had less time to scrutinize their jobs hence the national disgrace and embarrassment we have today.

3). She is Minister of Finance not the minister of budget and planning. I remember that the leader of Bring-back-our-girls initiative complained about the separation of ministry of finance and the budget office (which is now with the ministry of budget and planning). I guess she is right after all. Don't outrightly blame her for poor job that is not majorly her responsibility.

4). Instead of you to query the CBN management or governor for that aspect of the monetary policy, if you are confused, you would rather query the finance minister. For now, I have little or no issue with the government policy with respect to the FOREX. I only have issues with restrictions on FOREX purchase for foreign schooling and medical treatments.
We can only manage the onslaught of the greenback, it was inevitable. Naira must fall as a result of the greenback onslaught.FOREX reserve is majorly going down because of the crashing crude oil price and that automatically limits availability of FOREX to the CBN. You may not understand the lots of challenges the CBN and ministry of finance are engaging.

5 . Don't be too quick to judge her on that aspect, the federal government has an economic team to which she is a pry member. They are working on the lots of challenges to Nigerian economy, they are developing strategies and planning to elevate the economy. Stop being a doubting Thomas, wait and see.

Thank you for your criticism, it will bring out the best in them.

Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by stonemasonn: 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
2rutalk1:
It is so disheartening that a sensitive Ministry like Finance should be mortgaged on the alter of ethnicity/tribalism. Even a first year Economics Student knows quite well that the Madam cannot handle that Ministry considering the economic debacle we are facing today. If not for tribalism, somebody like Charles Soludo who understands the rudiments of expansionary fiscal policies should have been appointed by Buhari to resuscitate this comatous economy, which is dieing of liquidity freeze. Just like John Maynard Keyness, Soludo is one Nigerian Economist alive who can save this country in this period of recession. There is a unique medicine for every ailment.
The ministry of finance can be managed by a financial expert, most of the past finance ministers had accounting and finance background not necessary economics. Okonjo Iweala's portfolio was beyond just minister of finance.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by jpphilips(m): 2:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
muzzol:
They are incompetent in your opinion...but miles better than 1) Labaran Maku who claimed GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria and claimed Book Haram was politically targeted at GEJ 2) NOI who announced austerity measures and economic depression barely 45 days of crash in oil price after managing 5 years of unprecedented oil boom 3) Who was even the Defence Minister under GEJ who supervised Nigeria losing over 20 LGs to terrorists. I think the most active Minister under GEJ was Pastor Ayo ( unofficial Minister for religious affairs).

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by jpphilips(m): 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
Wallade:

Let me first ask if you understand the principles of separation of powers, portfolio and departments. I am not holding brief for her but let me address your positions:
1) You said "she appears". Well, looks can be misleading. It is about your intellectual and managerial skills, not looks. Also note that she is not the economic coordinating minister so to what extent can she control her colleagues.

2) The budget should determine the direction of the govt but unfortunately, they messed the presentation up so it is glearing that we have some incompetent hands at the budget and planning ministry. I will excuse the minister because it is the first major assignment which was majorly done by staff of the ministry, given the time they resumed at their various offices, the minister probably had less time to scrutinize their jobs hence the national disgrace and embarrassment we have today.

3). She is Minister of Finance not the minister of budget and planning. I remember that the leader of Bring-back-our-girls initiative complained about the separation of ministry of finance and the budget office (which is now with the ministry of budget and planning). I guess she is right after all. Don't outrightly blame her for poor job that is not majorly her responsibility.

4). Instead of you to query the CBN management or governor for that aspect of the monetary policy, if you are confused, you would rather query the finance minister. For now, I have little or no issue with the government policy with respect to the FOREX. I only have issues with restrictions on FOREX purchase for foreign schooling and medical treatments.
We can only manage the onslaught of the greenback, it was inevitable. Naira must fall as a result of the greenback onslaught.FOREX reserve is majorly going down because of the crashing crude oil price and that automatically limits availability of FOREX to the CBN. You may not understand the lots of challenges the CBN and ministry of finance are engaging.

5 . Don't be too quick to judge her on that aspect, the federal government has an economic team to which she is a pry member. They are working on the lots of challenges to Nigerian economy, they are developing strategies and planning to elevate the economy. Stop being a doubting Thomas, wait and see.

Thank you for your criticism, it will bring out the best in them.

Best regards.

You actually wasted your knowledge educating a mofo that doesn't know the difference between the Finance ministry and the CBN, yet has mouth to criticize? can't you see that he is intellectually incompetent yet had mouth to criticize another?
You just created a picture of a learned professional, pulling over under the bridge to engage marwa drivers in an argument, while they are enjoying free readership at a news stand!
You were even polite after giving him free classes, SMH
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by bottlewater1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
menix:
No minister should be compared with Minister of Finance, that woman nah confirm Bakery accountant..

Buhari!!!!!! Pls wake up from ur slumber b4 Nigerians start buying Agege bread for 1k...
Yes, l think you are right because nigerian economy is far a state depression where qualified people become idiot as if they never know anything about governce
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by pastormellanby: 2:49pm On Feb 19, 2016
I can see that poverty is really affecting majority of our youths with the way they talk and think, someone came in to mention one Dr. as a replacement for the current minister of finance, is she the one responsible for your predicaments when ineffectual Buffon and clueless minister of finance was there people were busy looting money , not saving for the rainning days, is finance minister in charge of budget, is she the one in charge of CBN, if you don't know the function of a finance minister then go and Google it, so many Nigerians nid orientation, black people with black mentality.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
Orikinla:
Even heaven knows many of the Ministers appointed by President Muhammadu Buhari are incompetent.
Their appointments were not based on merit, but on being the loudest loyalists of the new ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC).

Majority of them are either incompetent or overwhelmed by the great responsibilities of their big portfolios.
The most apparent are the Minister of Finance, Minister of Education, Minister of Information and Culture, Minister of Defence and Minister of Foreign Affairs who has an impressive resume, but does not even know how to assist the President on the best foreign policy for Nigeria.

The worst is the Minister of Finance who should be sacked or should be given a superior adviser like the best Minister of Finance Nigeria has had since independence, Dr. Kalu Idika Kalu whose proven expertise in finance and decades of experience in private practice and public service will be of great benefit to the current Minister of Finance.
WAILERS ,WHY CAN'T YOU STOP YOUR WAILING.GIVE THEM TIME TO WORK.MANY OF YOU HERE ON THIS FORUM ARE JUST NOT RECOVERED FROM YOUR LOSS IN THE LAST ELECTIONS.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by profgentle: 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
Nawa ooo ….buhari do something
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Akainzo(m): 3:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
Godsonkemz:
The past administration relied on expertise such as Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Adesina, Prof Nebo, Onuyebuchi Chukwu among others while the incumbent government relies on incompetent party loyalists some of which have heavy load of money laundering allegations still hanging on their neck.

What did we get from the "expertise",
a. Mass looting of the treasury.
b. Free fall of the Naira. if you doubt it, Google is your friend or read the OP.
c. Loss of Foreign Reserve: At a time of Oil boom, while other nations were amassing Reserves, our experts were depleting our own.
d. The FGN for the first time in history could not pay Salaries, we had to borrow to pay. This is after a sustained oil price above $100 for 4 years.

Abeg, stop that crap about expertise. That expertise amounted to negative growth.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
casto:
Adeosun didn't do much in Ogun state dear. Ogun state is very close to Lagos so Industries n companies are moving to a less congested state. She doesn't even have plans 4 nigerians. If she has let her tell us..., the hardship is too much.
You mean Ogun moved closer to lagos few years ago?
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by kanmyokoya: 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
obailala:
Isn't it funny that some think the Finance Minister is incompetent because value of naira is falling? And the person who thinks in this manner thinks he's making any sense?

I will attempt to make a little case for the finance minister. When we had a world renown economist in the person of NOI as our Finance Minister and Minister for National planning, what happened to our economy immediately crude prices started crashing?

All of the above happened right under the nose of a world class economist as the finance minister even at a time when oil was still selling above $65/barrel; today oil sells for about $30/barrel.

Now we have a relatively unknown finance minister managing the economy with oil selling for less than half of what it sold for as at the time a world class economist handed over. The FG has not had to borrow to pay salaries, it bailed out the states and even paid off subsidy arrears owed to oil importers since the days of the world class economist. Furthermore, the FG has been able to maintain virtually the same forex reserve that it inherited till date; remember the world class economist sanctioned the crash of the nation's foreign reserves ~$10billion in 7 months of oil price crash. Only God knows where we would have been by today if that trend continued unabated.

And here we are, about to crucify the new finance minister for being incompetent, obviously because her name is not being mentioned here and there on CNN. I personally do not know who Kemi Adeosun is, I don't know her pedigree, but I think it is misplaced and outright silly to judge her capabilities at this time.

The naira may drop to N1000 to $1 tomorrow in the black-black market, but the fact remains that that amount doesn't really represent the true value of the Naira. The super-high black market value today is due to a deliberate hoarding of forex by the FG/CBN in order to deprive/discourage Nigerians from their thirst for foreign goods and foreign leisure trips; the actual value of the Naira at the moment should be in the range of N260-N280.

Ilike when brilliant persons give good instances like this for their proofs, please tell them.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by azpekuliar: 3:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
obailala:
Isn't it funny that some think the Finance Minister is incompetent because value of naira is falling? And the person who thinks in this manner thinks he's making any sense?

I will attempt to make a little case for the finance minister. When we had a world renown economist in the person of NOI as our Finance Minister and Minister for National planning, what happened to our economy immediately crude prices started crashing?

All of the above happened right under the nose of a world class economist as the finance minister even at a time when oil was still selling above $65/barrel; today oil sells for about $30/barrel.

Now we have a relatively unknown finance minister managing the economy with oil selling for less than half of what it sold for as at the time a world class economist handed over. The FG has not had to borrow to pay salaries, it bailed out the states and even paid off subsidy arrears owed to oil importers since the days of the world class economist. Furthermore, the FG has been able to maintain virtually the same forex reserve that it inherited till date; remember the world class economist sanctioned the crash of the nation's foreign reserves ~$10billion in 7 months of oil price crash. Only God knows where we would have been by today if that trend continued unabated.

And here we are, about to crucify the new finance minister for being incompetent, obviously because her name is not being mentioned here and there on CNN. I personally do not know who Kemi Adeosun is, I don't know her pedigree, but I think it is misplaced and outright silly to judge her capabilities at this time.

The naira may drop to N1000 to $1 tomorrow in the black-black market, but the fact remains that that amount doesn't really represent the true value of the Naira. The super-high black market value today is due to a deliberate hoarding of forex by the FG/CBN in order to deprive/discourage Nigerians from their thirst for foreign goods and foreign leisure trips; the actual value of the Naira at the moment should be in the range of N260-N280.

Shame, you had to ruin your post with the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
oshiiteoku:
Infact shame don dey catch me small small,all my friends are now laughing at me because i didnt let them rest wt my trust in buhari,i made so much noise that buhari has the magic wand,bubu ,pls dont let them run me out of town wt shame,pls do what u have to do to make nigeria work,pls.infact i am suspecting obama and co because u rejected their perverted laws
That's what you get when you reason with your legs instead of your head. You guys haven't seen anything yet grin grin
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
shocked
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by IPOB123london: 3:42pm On Feb 19, 2016
at last the poster has come out in the open to admit President BigBUm hari is not fit to read and write

poster u are on your own

we are not interested!
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by seunmsg(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
obailala:

Spot on bro. It's even too early to criticise any minister at this point in time. They all came in in November last year and they've barely spent a little over 3 months in office. What miracle do people want them to perform in 3 months when the first full budget they will implement is still before the National Assembly?
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Orikinla(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
Competence is judged by performance. Therefore, if a minister is really performing, it is not rocket science to see it. They have been collecting salaries since they were appointed and how can you collect salary without doing your work? Fashola is performing.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by zurine(f): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
hmm
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by theMEGAman(m): 4:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
Orikinla:

A person who don't have business clue cannot do wonders in finance or petroleum ministry.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Orikinla(m): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
The scandalous budget is enough proof that these ministers are incompetent. They are an embarrassment to the Nigerian government. It is incredible that the President went to the National Assembly to present a national budget he was ignorant of the details. So, he never met with his ministers before presenting the budget? They did not go through it? This is the political joke of the year.
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by emmieluv: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
Oyo
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by demoore1(m): 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2016
Orikinla:

Do you want them sacked they know but GMB is Sole administrator... He needs no Advice
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Seglaw01: 11:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
obailala:

thanks for educating them........the most annoying part is somebody dat never ve good grade in economics in SSCE ll also join in criticising a finance minister
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by mikolo80: 1:16am On Feb 20, 2016
obailala:

abeg abeg abeg which kin mumu world class economist be dat. soludo Don open her yansh. na admin staff okonjo be.who dash am economist not to talk of world class
Re: The Incompetent Ministers Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Ahmed3rdjuly: 12:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
2rutalk1:
. It is so glaring that you are not in touch with the realities on ground or maybe you lack understanding of the workings of a nation's economy. It is equally obvious that you know little or nothing about economics. If I may take you back to elementary Economics; We have fiscal policy and monetary policy. The Central Bank of Nigeria is in charge of monetary Policies (money supply), while the government - Finance Ministry is in charge of Fiscal policies (e.g taxation and government expenditure). Like I mentioned earlier, what we are suffering today is liquidity freeze, which can be ameliorated through reduction in taxes and increase in government expenditure. This is the responsibility of the government - Finance Ministry. Before you blame Emefiele, just understand that should CBN pump in money into the economy without corresponding increase in output, there will be stagflation. Even the dollar problem is as a result of low productivity leAding to low/no export of goods and services. infact, I have no time to waste for you. Go back to school before you start defending your Madam.
I wonder what kind of economist you claim you are...
You are talking of amelioration of liquidity freeze and you are talking of reduction of taxes in a country with less than 10% of taxable entities, less than 10% of Nigerians and Nigerians firms pay tax so we should reduce it to 2% to improve liquidity?
You claim the government should increase expenditure with oil price below $30 where is the revenue to incur that expenditure?
If we must spend what we don't have that means we would borrow but where do you think we would borrow from? Local or international?
Note that Nigeria has enormous local debt already. out of our 12trillion naira debt portfolio most of it is local and what we need now is inflow of forex and not Naira becasue we have excess Naira chasing few dollars.
The way out of this mess which is contrary to yours is
1) International borrowing: For international creditors to give us Forex we must first stabilize the naira. Can Emefiele do that?
2) Lobby for a reduction in oil output so price can increase a bit. Am sure you are aware that GMB is in middle east to do that whith Russia accepting to compromise on that.
3) FG to sale state assets to foreign investors: we have lots of infrastructure and assets that can earn us forex if sold.
4) Recover looted funds: imagine the so called alleged $6 billion coming back to us. what would have to our reserve?
5) Reduce Forex waste especially for medical bills and foreign scholarships to new students seeking foreign degrees, government travels and banning of importation of items we already have comparative advantages of production.
etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video : I Am Going To Enrich My Friends-Atiku / Oluremi Tinubu: We Have Tried Muslim-christian, Let Us Try This One Too / Gov Mbah Appoints Ekweremadu’s Son, 14 Others Commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.