Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound (55982 Views)

My Cousin Killed This Puff Adder Today / Puff Adder Killed At My Uncle's Uncompleted Building After Swallowing A Big Rat / Pictures Of A Puff Adder Killed This Morning While Working On A Farmland (2) (3) (4)

Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by PenSniper: 7:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
Sammyashol:
OP is d dead body of d snake still available? I need it esp d head

Babalawo ?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by PenSniper: 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2016
banky222:
THIS IS. OBOTOR. click like if you understand

AZETO Jag Michael na wee
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by fromnigeria(m): 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2016
vizkiz:
make them stop to dey post snake pictures for nairaland now. This isn't reptile land for furck sake! angry
what should they post? Okoye .A goes Braless
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Eronmosele(m): 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2016
banky222:
I thought 'Obotor' describes a snake of the python family (i.e Esan?) From the descriptions I get from those who actually ate it growing up in the village, I think it describes a constrictor rather than a viper. Not sure though, my largest regret till this day, I wish i could speak my language better.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Liljeez(m): 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
perfectgabby:
Mr Thomas
Lol...but its true na....anybody can download a snake and post it. .so i need proof to believe
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by charlesikhalea(m): 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2016
Eronmosele:

I thought 'Obotor' describes a snake of the python family (i.e Esan?) From the descriptions I get from those who actually ate it growing up in the village, I think it describes a constrictor rather than a viper. Not sure though, my largest regret till this day, I wish i could speak my language better.

Yep, u my friend are right..... Obotor is a constrictor. it's never too late to learn Esan, am currently leaning
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by katchagboro(m): 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2016
Forwarded as received!DOLLAR = N197Please let me explain to those of us who don't understand Economic terms. Dollar has not increased since Buhari became president1. Dollar is not our currency so dollar should not be our business2. Our problem is not d government butour problem is our importers and consumers3. Naira has remained at 197 naira to 1 dollar since Buhari became president4. Buhari has promised not to devalue the Naira and he has maintained that promise5. Both at CBN and at interbank rates,dollar has remained 1976. However because we are too lazy to produce what we usein Nigeria we import even toothpicks and matches7. Buhari does not like d importation of luxury goods because luxury goods is d reason for most corruption, that iswhy he banned 41 products from having access to forex8. However when Nigerian importers insisted on importing those 41products, FG asked them to find their dollar at d BDCs parallel market also known as black market9. And to discourage the pressure Nigerians are mounting onthe Naira just to get dollars for importation, CBN banned DMBs from selling dollars to BDCs10. To survive the pressure of excessdollar demands, BDCs resorted to sourcing for dollars from neighbouring countries through illicit money laundering routes11. Because of the risks faced by BDCs to source for dollars, and because of the increase in demand for dollars by importers because China just resumed from their business holidays, BDCs keep increasing the price at which they exchange dollars to naira and now it is 400 Naira to 1 dollars12. However that does not meanthat govt has changed the exchange rate because if our genuine importers go to CBN and fill Form M to import raw materials for local production, they will get dollars at 197 naira each13. So the problem is that we love to consume luxury foreignproducts yet we are too lazy to manufacture them here.14. For example u will see a dull girl usingiPhone 5 without even knowing simple physics and computer engineering part of how that phone was produced15. I want Buhari to ban every foreignproduct from Nigeria until Nigerians learn to produce and use Made in Nigeria products16. Let us stop complaining about dollar as if dollar has become Nigeria's currency17. It is even bad enough that most of those complaining about the high exchange rate of dollar do not have 1 single dollar in their purse.Credit: Adetukom Akeem
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Leke001: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
choi! dats Mr.S...I hate it vehemently
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Folabudic: 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
guys beware of this malware xbot its very dangerous know more about it here http://jimmypro.club/xbot-an-android-malware-that-can-steal-your-banking-information/
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by fortunechy(m): 9:07pm On Feb 25, 2016
very danggerous snake.....u ought to go n give thanksgiving for church
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Harmony92(f): 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2016
menix:
Was it killed spiritually Cous I can't find bruises...
i gues dey strangled d snake.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2016
Oya bring knorr bring palm oil...
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by kalson7(m): 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tallesty1:
Really beautiful
i pray d babe go visit u one of dis days...Amen.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Eronmosele(m): 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2016
charlesikhalea:

Yep, u my friend are right..... Obotor is a constrictor. it's never too late to learn Esan, am currently leaning
Yes. I almost got confused back there. I understand the language but I'm not confident enough to speak. I believe if i spend 6 months stretch in Uromi, I will grasp the language. Thank you charlesikhalea.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 25, 2016
Can't they just go extinct?? I even prefer Dinosaurs
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Can't they just go extinct? I even prefer Dinosaurs..
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
I have an averse phobia for snakes! And to think it's a puff adder! Jeez! You're lucky this snake didn't slither into your room and coil under your chair waiting for a rat only to see your leg and think it's one large meal... strike and inflict a very highly venomous bite which would lead to severe bleeding from all orifices making people think u had Lassa or Ebola... leading to severe hypovolemic shock and ultimately a complete exit from this hot planet... God is indeed good! That snake surely deserved to die. Hope it didn't leave behind children to avenge its death?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
mainstreets:
See d snake i killed after i returned from
what time of the day did u kill this 12 pm snake ?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by benjobo: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2016
You na see snake for morning..cum kill am for evening
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:03pm On Feb 25, 2016
OP go and thank God. A Puff adder strikes faster than a camera shutter, Imagine if you had missed when you tried killing it. It would have struck you @ different directions before u say Jack! Lucky chap
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by eminent007(m): 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Qualer:

you guys are lucky, one bite from that thing and the victim is gone cos there's no remedy!

Like seriously?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by eminent007(m): 11:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
enigstil:
My bro u should thank your stars, that's a puff adder, you are so lucky it didn't fight back, one bite from that thing you are a gonna, thank God for your life. Which part of the country do you reside? Cos snakes like this are not common.

Are you for real?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Sammyashol(m): 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2016
youmour:

You wan do mass poison for one of your events abi,you are a suspect angry
No no no o, no spoil my market o.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Deo1986(m): 8:42am On Feb 26, 2016
Why did they kill it na? #snakeslivesmatters.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by RillJ(m): 8:45am On Feb 26, 2016
Obhiaba!
banky222:
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 26, 2016
The puff adder is analogous to some women, Beautiful but dangerous.
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by lordprosh(m): 9:33am On Feb 26, 2016
calabaman:
I totally detest snakes.

I remember the time a few years ago, i and my siblings were watching a thriller on TV, everyone was on edge.

suddenly i saw a green snake slithering through the parlor and shouted SEE SNAKE.

They laughed thinking i was joking, until they saw me the TERROR on my face, thats when they looked down and saw it.

If not for my popsi that was with us, he calmly looked down at the snake and used a nearby object to smash its head.

Ur GF killed a snake u scared of?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by gbishman: 10:17am On Feb 26, 2016
Bobs na forest u dey live
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Tallesty1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
kalson7:

i pray d babe go visit u one of dis days...Amen.
You don chop snake suya b4?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
1shortblackboy:
Sometimes I imagine these snakes wondering what they ever did to us to warrant this kill at site atittude
yeah,its true. Next time, try standing close to a live adder....we will b waiting for your testimony here on nairaland
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by preshOnogwu1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
And this is suppose to be in this section?
Re: Photos Of The Puff-Adder (Snake) Killed In My Compound by mainstreets(m): 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
I want to thank God for delivering me n my neighbours from a bite from that deadly snake. I didn't knw dt snake was dis dangerous and deadly. I return all glory to God cos He has confirmed His word dt we shall tread on serpents n scorpions n they shall not hurt us.

Man Who Just Returned From Europe After 15 Years Dies In Motor Accident (Photos) / Python Killed In A Church This Night (Photos) / See This Hilarious Signboard Seen In Warri