Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (49149 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / Deposits In Banks Shrink By N1.03tn / Trade Deficit: More Job Loss Likely In Banks (Fall Out Of Nda's Vandalism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
Firefire:

tongue cheesy

Cc: Tonyebarcanista, help our sister to douse her unbelief.

(Aigbagbo bilaa, temi lolu'wa) some of us are really addicted here, with a humble beginning. wink

God bless Nairaland.

As for PMB, oti fi Ori ko 'japping', he takes the blame of the past administration having come on the platform of CHANGE.

What measure has he introduced to correct the anomalies ? NOTHING but pictures of him touring the globe, what a wrong choice of president. tongue
The last election was an option of two wrong choices, like someone said Nigerian was to choose between the devil and the deep blue see

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Arnoldo(m): 12:20am On Feb 21, 2016
dollarlander:

The no of schools in Nigeria now can take all that passed JAMB. Or u can go to poly or college. Stop making excuses that will make u jobless after graduation. We need to fix this economy in a hard way. Its a matter of time you will all immortalise Buhari.
U as a father will u allow ur kid go to poly knowing that his dream is to become a medical doctor and only uni dat didnt grant him admission can offer..go check the stat of students schooling outside nigeria then u will knw we dnt have enough schools to accomodate them.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by ngoziama: 12:49am On Feb 21, 2016
blueto:

http://www.punchng.com/dollar-scarcity-parents-of-overseas-students-weep-in-banks/

Meanwhile buharischildren schooled in the united kingdom yet he doesn't want others to go there.
What is the cost of buharis trips abroad .millions of dollars I guess.
Buhari, life is in phases therefore your policies should be in phases .you dont just wake up and make a stupid policy like you forcefully collected goods in the early 80s and shared.
Our universities are in bad shape and if I can afford education for my child abroad , then so be it.
Buhari now has about five media aides who will fight for government on the social media yet no economic adviser.As for the finance minister, she should just quietly resign and go back to ogun.only an iweala would have stood grounds against buhari if she knew she was on the right track.i really pity adeosun.i still picture buharis campaign promise in ph where he said he would make a naira equivalent to a dollar.
That reminds me, , buhari has pledged for food security and I hope he didnt tell them that we steal yams, cassava, tomatoes etc from the farm and probably has informed them of food securituy by guarding these farm produce so that the criminals in nigeria don't steal them.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by gemale(m): 3:11am On Feb 21, 2016
Achuwa1:
Weep no more parents,coz there are lots of universities,polytechnics & college of education here in Nigeria..
They should all withdraw there lads from all those oversea schools coz they are using those kids studies oversea to delapiidate the little foreign reserve we have tht would have being used @ forex for importation of important goods into the country,,,
only students going to study professional courses & those going for research with guarantee tht they will return to practise should only be given preference...
why should a student be going abroad to study political sc.,sociology,etc with our foreign reserve s going down the drain.,,abeg let them withdraw all of them & send to schools in Nigeria,,afterall,there are still gud private universities here if u feel u dont like govt. Owned schools..
Which skuls? D crappy tertiary institutions in dis hell hole? 2 gain admission 4 9ja na war & runz. My Lil bro who scored over 60% in unilag post utme wasn't given admission. Den d crappy standard. If u no Sabi LA cram, LA pour, u go fail. D poor facilities nko? Lecturer go dey teach practical course dey ask u 2 imagine when na tym 2 demonstrate. Abeg make dem no try am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by gemale(m): 3:21am On Feb 21, 2016
D best option 4 FG 2 reduce dollar scarcity na 2 legalize drug trafficking 4 9ja. Disband NDLEA ASAP, encourage unemployed youth 2 start producing weed, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, methamphetamine etc in huge quantities & start exporting 2 oda coun3s. If I hear say naira no rise against dollar...
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by oc2fish: 6:34am On Feb 21, 2016
orish:
WO! They have not seen anything yet. They better send their children back to naija to study because nobody can save them from this forex scarcity. These same children would study abroad and come back to Nigeria to intimidate the rest of us that studied here.
These parents contributed to the dropped in value of naira. They make money in naija and pump it abroad. Why dem no go suffer the fruit of their labour? This is a practical example of cause and effect tongue tongue tongue tongue grin

Some are actually people that will make sure Nigeria move forward. Some are lecturers studying hard so that they will teach undergraduates how to become employable.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by oc2fish: 6:37am On Feb 21, 2016
temitimx19:
Nigerians are really funny. When we have one of the cheapest tuition fees in the world, people are busy killing themselves just to go aboard. My question is all those that have gone aboard how did they affect our economy in anyway?? Why spend so much money, and come back to look for jobs in Nigeria. No wonder Nigerians have bad reputation aboard, when we are never satisfied with what we have back home. Why don't we as a people develop what we have in Nigeria..

Anty one that study Engineering, Agriculture or any science related course is far ahead of the PhD Nigeria counter parts.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by jesse515: 7:44am On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

PMB has only spent 8mths in 17yrs of post miltary rule, how is the crazy & unprofitable for Agro biz folks interest rate regime his fault

So you were in yonder all these while & never saw anything wrong till the evil nest of killers you support lost the centre!!

BTW, I'm finding it hard to believe that you have the kind of resources to sponsor a candidate in an election & also have the time to spend here to lament in a woe begotten manner all day, everyday... & even if you do, you only did as an investment (looter by association)which implies that you are as bad as the man you wail about everyday...

Mirror, mirror, who is fairer of them all, look deep at the reflection, high chief stone thrower.

Let go of political ****** & find alternative source(s) of income!! SMH!! undecided

Wat ar u even defending? U see d truth but u choose to spread lies. Pmb n his economic team ar clueless, dia is no way Nigeria wud av bin dis bad under GEJ even if oil sold for 5 dollar a barrel. B4 u com to spread lies abt ECA n reserve, pls remember ameachi n campagn funding.

Finally, I hope u believe in life afta death n also believe d life we live now determines were we will be afta death, cos d lies u ar spreading will determine were u will stay afta death.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by modath(f): 8:08am On Feb 21, 2016
jesse515:

Wat ar u even defending? U see d truth but u choose to spread lies. Pmb n his economic team ar clueless, dia is no way Nigeria wud av bin dis bad under GEJ even if oil sold for 5 dollar a barrel. B4 u com to spread lies abt ECA n reserve, pls remember ameachi n campagn funding.

Finally, I hope u believe in life afta death n also believe d life we live now determines were we will be afta death, cos d lies u ar spreading will determine were u will stay afta death.

The Jonathan's government sold oil for 100$+ for a couple of years & all these got done...

1. The perpetual power problem was sorted & we now have at least "25hrs" of supply ,

2. The comatose Manufacturing sector got a new lease of life, factories are springing up left right & center & we presently produce all we need & even are exporting sef.

3. The CBN intervened & banks now give farmers loan at 5% flat with flexible payment schedule

4.The East got 2nd Niger Bridge..Lag-IB road fixed as well.

5. The whole country is now accessible by rail

6. Otuoke is now a tourist attraction....

The IB's govt was the best thing to happen to Nigerians, see as he "transformed" Nigeria !!!!

I can't join issues with you ,i can only set you straight as you are one of the "Na our pikin" type, you also need to learn how to express yourself & write better...

All i will just say is You "work" (can't be straightforward or deserved position) with politicians & you are here cursing someone & mentioning "hell" cos you are bitter about Amaechi ? Oh em gee, the jokes write themselves.. smiley smiley
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by jesse515: 8:14am On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

The Jonathan's government sold oil for 100$+ for a couple of years & all these got done...

1. The perpetual power problem was sorted & we now have at least "25hrs" of supply ,

2. The comatose Manufacturing sector got a new lease of life, factories are springing up left right & center & we presently produce all we need & even are exporting sef.

3. The CBN intervened & banks now give farmers loan at 5% flat with flexible payment schedule

4.The East got 2nd Niger Bridge..Lag-IB road fixed as well.

5. The whole country is now accessible by rail

6. Otuoke is now a tourist attraction....

The IB's govt was the best thing to happen to Nigerians, see as he "transformed" Nigeria !!!!

I can't join issues with you ,i can only set you straight as you are one of the "Na our pikin" type, you also need to learn how to express yourself & write better...

All i will just say is You "work" (can't be straightforward or deserved position) with politicians & you are here cursing someone & mentioning "hell" cos you are bitter about Amaechi ? Oh em gee, the jokes write themselves.. smiley smiley

I am not here to rant n exchange words wit u, m only here to warn u about ur lies, de av bin noticed , n u shudnt use ur hands to cos spiritual problems for ur sef by tellin lies just to defend ur clueless master.

The afta life is real.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by modath(f): 8:26am On Feb 21, 2016
jesse515:

I am not here to rant n exchange words wit u, m only here to warn u about ur lies, de av bin noticed , n u shudnt use ur hands to cos spiritual problems for ur sef by tellin lies just to defend ur clueless master.

The afta life is real.

By who, if i may ask? Have your paymasters resorted to asking you to threaten posters online ?

Also try and polish the way you write, it's mind numbing.

FOD, puskin, lalasticlala, Dominique, seun ... Thx..
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by jesse515: 8:45am On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

By who, if i may ask? Have your paymasters resorted to asking you to threaten posters online ?

Also try and polish the way you write, it's mind numbing.

Mynd44, lalasticlala, Dominique, seun ... Thx..

So u knw u write n sell falsehood, abstain from it. Ur pay mistress rice will purge u soon.

Tell d truth in all cases, wen I see ur post most tyms I feel so terible for d amount of lies u sell. Ar u a daughter to lie mohammed?

In as much as u understand wat m writing, I got no problem. Stay away from spreading ur malicious lies on d net.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by signz: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2016
Firefire:

This your epistle should be to the Galatians (Awon alainironu, ara Galatia) who voted the dullest old man as a president. Let not beat around the bush, our country lost focus since 29th May 2015 when we decided to return to the 'stone-age' in this digital era.

As to your exporting argument, go and ask those exporting cashew how profitable is their venture and they will tell you they break-even, with small margin.

You grant loan to farmers at 26-30% interest rate and expect to export to compete with countries with 2-5% loan interest rate. What a joke.

in addition to high export duties
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by ItsSoso007: 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
Achuwa1:
Weep no more parents,coz there are lots of universities,polytechnics & college of education here in Nigeria..
They should all withdraw there lads from all those oversea schools coz they are using those kids studies oversea to delapiidate the little foreign reserve we have tht would have being used @ forex for importation of important goods into the country,,,
only students going to study professional courses & those going for research with guarantee tht they will return to practise should only be given preference...
why should a student be going abroad to study political sc.,sociology,etc with our foreign reserve s going down the drain.,,abeg let them withdraw all of them & send to schools in Nigeria,,afterall,there are still gud private universities here if u feel u dont like govt. Owned schools..

Please explain how it dilapidates the foreign reserves, I will like to see how u can backup ur argument
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Wazobia12(m): 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Achuwa1:

One of the reasons why we study abroad is because of your kinda English u are spewing out here. I mean why will i want a school that teaches me to spell dilapidate like dis "delapiitate" so u see my brother we are abroad to get better education so we can come back home to make the difference u cant ok angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by fulanigirl(f): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
hottathanfire:
Hmmmm, this dollar sef na crazy fellow, why e dey make grown ups cry like babies

Well, let me blame Jonathan for conceeding defeat, shebi we for dey live our reckless life dey go, so far say money dey flow, even if na our children and our children children go suffer am.

Then, this cashless economy is a scam if people can still cry cos of dollar scarcity. Seriously people have to start thinking of spending digital money, paypal is available at first bank, use naira to fund your paypal, transfer to your children paypal in the US which can be withdrawn through paypal debit card or from the agent. And there are so many other digital money that can be used. They are just crying silly.

I never even thought of using PayPal. Are there restrictions to this? Do you know people that do this successfully?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by thexzy(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
The "CHANGE" you've been Chanting of/for has come but its so unfortunate that this change is so Rigid on man. If I may ask, what do you want again "ANOTHER CHANGE" No way!!! You still have like 3 solid untouched years ahead. Just do bear with the CHANGE Coz Its constant.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Andrewmark(m): 11:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yomieluv:
Let the kids come home to school then.

Hahahahahahaaha..laugh won kill me,two children for U.S
No money to pay for Ilaro poly.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Exxit(m): 1:32am On Feb 22, 2016
Achuwa1:
another dumb foo!l
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by hottathanfire(m): 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
fulanigirl:

I never even thought of using PayPal. Are there restrictions to this? Do you know people that do this successfully?
The only restriction here is that you can't withdraw paypal yet. But you can still get your money, if you are in the US you won't have any restriction. If you need to know all you could do or how to use it. Mail me at saintwolexy@gmail.com I will be able to guide you and explain better
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by mikolo80: 6:37am On Feb 28, 2016
Firefire:

This your epistle should be to the Galatians (Awon alainironu, ara Galatia) who voted the dullest old man as a president. Let not beat around the bush, our country lost focus since 29th May 2015 when we decided to return to the 'stone-age' in this digital era.

As to your exporting argument, go and ask those exporting cashew how profitable is their venture and they will tell you they break-even, with small margin.

You grant loan to farmers at 26-30% interest rate and expect to export to compete with countries with 2-5% loan interest rate. What a joke.

you conveniently sidestepped profit margins ko? no more tooth pick importation dollars for you
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by mikolo80: 6:43am On Feb 28, 2016
achodave:
If the government wants to stop Nigerian students from going abroad to study,they should scrap JAMB and create better admission opportunities and processes here,why cause JAMB is more of a business than an admission body,if they want the ones overseas to come back and school here in Nigeria,then they should order Universities to startup functional transfer programs so the ones overseas can easily continue from whatever level they stopped over there.

Saying they should stop wasting there time crying and come back to Nigeria just like that is not fair,especially to the average families who are doing there best to train there ward abroad so he or she studies the discipline he wants probably because here in Nigeria they either deny your admission or change your course.So let's be open minded before we start abusing them.
you want to eat your cake and have it ba. after looting you don't want your chudren to lose time like poor ppl children have been losing to strike. tunda faya all of una. come back and start from 100 level like everybody else or work part time in abroad and stop feeding fat on the nation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Allarounda1: Dangote Sued Me For Declining His Silence Money – Alleged Ex-lover / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.