Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P (8317 Views)

Single Mothers Are Generally Losers, They Raise Criminals & Sluts - Kenyan Lad / What Was Your Greatest Offense That Resulted To A Serious Beating By Your Parent / Hire A Responsible Driver For Your Parent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Chimdiebere(m): 5:55am On Feb 20, 2016
Unless your parents are very liberal, chances are they restrict what you can do with your body under their roof. By 'under their roof,' I don't mean the house they built with their own blood and sweat. That's unnecessary, and you would be inviting trouble if you dared to challenge your father especially on why he has not built a house like your friend's father (insert name of friend here).

But this is not about houses, rented or bought. It's about your hair (or lack of it). Ihad primary school and secondary school students in mind for this post because for the most part, they are still minors living with their parents at this stage. The following list covers a few hairstyles, outside of the typical Gorimapaa and Tyson,which are guaranteed to raise your parents' blood pressure. Of course, I hope you'll want to do the opposite.

Here we go:

#1- Dreadlocks- Dreadlocksare also called 'Irun Dada' in Yoruba. Now I don't know how you'll be growing dreadlocks under your parents roof without their knowledge, but let's assume you're able to pull it off. That is, until one day whenGhen Ghen! Your parents pull off yourbandanaand see the locks on your head. After asking you if you want to grow up to be a cultist (referring, ofcourse, to the red and black bandana on your head), a few things are likely to happen at this point. But, I will only offer one scenario.Chances are your parents will tie your arms and legs down as they yell for the driver (if they have one; if not, they'll call one of your siblings) to bring the following items so that 'this boy will not disgrace us.' Chances are that your father is the one ordering the driver about while your mother stands nearby either egging him on or repeating 'Blood of Jesus' while asking him to take it easy.The following items will appear within a few minutes: razor blade, comb, a pair of scissors, clipper and belt to flog you after the ordeal. More than likely the razor bladeand comb will do the job for the clipper, but who knows. Your parents might be considerate in spite of their rapidly rising blood pressure and use a clipper instead.I am not quite sure whether the driver or your father will barb the hair, but either wayyou'll be left withzero coverage, i.e.Gorimapa(a.k.a bald head). Which leads usto Number 2.

2. Mohawk dyed Red or Blueor similar outrageous color

Even if you're patriotic and decide to dye this Mohawk green and white, it won't redeem you. According to your parents, you resemble a male fowl. This comment will swiftly be followed by another comment on your wasting school fees. Afterwards, you'll end up like your friend in#1:bald and flogged.

1 Share

Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by abbeycial: 6:01am On Feb 20, 2016
dreadlocks look cool if u keep it well
option 3 not too bad as well
Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Chimdiebere(m): 6:02am On Feb 20, 2016
3. 'Chook-Chook' haircuts (a.k.a Micro-coils)

am not sure about the the official name for this one, hence the improvised name but the picture should help. I think they are called Micro-coils though. Your parents will probably mention the words 'criminal' and 'bus conductor' in the same sentence with that hair style and as you know that's not a good thing. They will ask you how many doctors or lawyers (Those being the only relevant professions in this life, after all) wear their hair in this manner. Warning:Do NOT ANSWER. That is a trick question. They will finish you if you do. Be a good boy and keep quiet. I hope you took pictures before they found out because that hair stylehas gotta go. Once you get to the university, you can twist, coil, dye, and do anything you want.

Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Chimdiebere(m): 6:06am On Feb 20, 2016
4. Relaxed/Retouched hair
You will be asked if you are a woman and might be asked other similar offensive questions. But that's beside the point. Gorimapastraight.

Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Chimdiebere(m): 6:08am On Feb 20, 2016
5. Braided / Plaited Hair

Abomination! And please don't produce pictures or stories of ancient warriors from your tribe who used to braid their hair. Wrong Answer. Only girls apparently are allowed to braid their hair. The countdown to university begins.

Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Chimdiebere(m): 6:11am On Feb 20, 2016
6. Afro

Your parents will raise the disgrace card again citing neighbors wagging tongues as their excuse. Examples of questions that might be thrown at you, include (but are not limited to): 'Do you want people to think you don't have money to barb your hair? And you had better not answer. If you answer, then I wonder where you were when your English teacher was explaining 'Rhetorical Questions' in class.

Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Chimdiebere(m): 6:13am On Feb 20, 2016
And that is all. Oh, wait. Just in case you were wondering what a normal or accepted hair style or hair cut for a Nigerian school boy looked like, here are your choices.

TYSON (pic below)

Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Chimdiebere(m): 6:16am On Feb 20, 2016
Gorimapa (a.k.a Bald Head)

Gorimapa (focus on the boy on the right)

Vegetable oil or pomade to shine head NOT necessary.

Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by HermajestyQ(f): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2016
OP, u didn't mention the one u rocked back in the days.
Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by UIA04(f): 7:56am On Feb 20, 2016
Lol @Nigerian parents
Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Welcomme: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2016
I did mo hawk all through as an undergraduate and my mum was cool with it.
Re: 6 Popular Hair Styles In Nigeria For Schoolboys That'll Raise Your Parent's B.P by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 20, 2016
Very true. Apart from my parents sef, in those days in sch, if our hair just full small pass that tyson, dem go scissors am for you. Or a girl coming to sch with last week hairstyle, na scissors judgement straight. Oh hail CDSS ojo..high standard of discipline...

(1) (Reply)

How Long Can U Allow Your Mum To Stay In Your Matrimonial Home? / DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: The Negative Effects On A Child. / How Do We Avoid Future Chaos In The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.