Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

War Of Hearts - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / War Of Hearts (7171 Views)

More Answers From War Of Words Season 7 (slam Poetry Competition) / Hearts In Ashes / War Of Conquest- A Song Of Ice And Fire Fan Fiction/aar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 12:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
APPRECIATION
i want to appologz to all my fans here for not completing my first story due to business.

Shout out to all those who have bought my autobiography "TUNNEL OF PAINS" much love for all the comments,contributions,advice and critics.

love you all and thank you for also reading this story which as i promised would be a bomb and right now it about to explode. To all of you thank you very much
Re: War Of Hearts by joanee20(f): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
ok na, let's see the bomb explode
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2016
Exploding loading...80...90..100% and boom
Re: War Of Hearts by joanee20(f): 2:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
Onyenso100:
Exploding loading...80...90..100% and boom

I didn't see any explosion o..
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
I don't know why MTN and their network is pissing me off well sorry for the delay here com the bang
Re: War Of Hearts by joanee20(f): 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
Onyenso100:
I don't know why MTN and their network is pissing me off well sorry for the delay here com the bang

Where is it?? MTN have not even started.. abi dem Don change, have patience
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
PROLOGUE

Fate something is very funny. Have you ever imagine in this our world everyone gets what they wants and are satisfied, yeah the world wouldn't be fun to live in. Our unsatisfable nature makes it livable

Although What we want sometimes isn't always obtainable no matter how much we try to or by any mean we use.

That means that ones heart desire can't all be met cause man is unsatifable and it hunger for thing unobtainable grows by the day. Yes it can't be stop,it started before we were born,we were born with way back to the time of creation.

So on that notice I decide to write up this suspense filled,emotional blackmailing, groundbreaking,love story which revolves around an unobtainable love which lead to a bloody and dangerous WAR OF HEARTS

WARNING
This work is 100% pure art of fiction. So characters, place or firm used in the contest represent no one or place existing now or not.

This art also have the full backing of the copywright act of. Therefore no Part of this work should be copywrighted without the full knowledge and permission of the writer
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
CHAPTER 1

Love sucks that was what I thought after I recently recovered from a heavy emotional trauma I suffered during my secondary education .

I am just a cool guy who just graduated from secondary school. my parent were not so wealthy so couldn't enrol me into a university immediately after secondary school I already have a brother there about to graduate that means I had to wait for about one or two years. Before then I chose to work and save some money to help them in anyway I can to enrol me into a higher institution.

As lucky as I was,I got employed at GLAXICO COMMUNICATION LTD a very big firm in PORT HARCOURT that deals on importation and sales of different phones and their accessories. I started working there as a shop attendant.

And Like magic I became every ones favourite even the customers. Before month ends I have already gotten twice my salary because Most of the customer especially ladies dash me plenty money after I attend to them, while some will bring their phone for me to reverse some things after they mistakenly pressed the wrong buttons. Everyone's trust even the company' chairman towards me was fast raising, favour was following me, I was feeling as if I was where I was meant to be and was tempted to remain here working forever.

One saturday Evening,our chairman give two of his DSTV cards and some money, he told to go to DSTV OFFICE and recharge it for him after work as he has no chance to do that as series of appointments beckons on him. I took the cards and money and putted it in my wallet. "its ok to bring it on sunday if you don't meet up to do it today" he said. After work I left,recharged the cards and went home directly because I was really tiered.

Sunday afternoon after church service I set out for my Boss house,on getting to this beautiful mansion ,I knocked on his gate,a pretty damsel an epitom of beauty who I letter knew to be my boss only daughter came to answer the gate.
she was frowning I didn't know why,neither did I care to ask why .I just asked after her father,she asked me my name and told me to wait outside the gate. I started wondering why a big mansion like this have no gateman,maids or gardeners who could answer the gate instead of this girl coming all the way down here to answer the gate. She came back and brought me back from my land of imagination.

"Come in"she said. I followed her in and greeted my boss. he showed me the decoder and I walked to the decoder and slot the first card scanned and tuned to BBC then gave him the other card which he gave to his daughter who was lying on the floor writing to go and put in the decoder in her room. she took the card left for her room,came back shortly and told us it is now working. I Stood up and told my boss that I want to leave. He told me to sit then called his daughter and whispered something in her ear (my mind happy because I knew money would be involve). She went upstairs and later came back with a bottle of red wine two glass and some money. He told me to sit and drink with him, At first I objected drinking with him but he insisted. so I poured wine into the glasses and hand him the first glass he thank me and started sipping the wine while watching a program "CURRENCY WATCH" on the TV.

I was still sipping my drink uncomfortably while staring at the beauty who was lying there frowning, I guessed doing her school assignment. Her phone starting beeping she picked it was her friend. She started complaining how she was unable to do their physics assignment.
"Same here" she replied. If you have any breakthrough please call me. she ended the call and went back to solving her problems.

She sighed and angrily closed the books in front of her. My boss gave her an angry stair for a moment the return to watching the program on the TV ."Can I see ?" I said. she turned and looked at me (I wonder why some of this girls from rich homes look down on people who they think are poor) she hesitated,then brought the book to me then sat on the sofa inches away from me,avoiding me as if I have this contagious dangerous disease.
I ignored her behaviour,for all I know I was just offering some iwitness service because I was all out to get my boss likeness and favour.

I look at the questions for a moment and then what she have been solving and smiled. You will never solve this problem using this formula you have been using. I said confidently. My boss automatically remove his eyes from the television and stared at me the back to the TV. His daughter gave me this look of doubt, hesitated then drew nearer to where I sat to have a look at what I was talking about.

I gave her another formula and she finished solving the questions in no time and almost jumped on me very happy and thankfully which got me a little embraced .I could have stayed longer bur her smile was distracting me so I got up to go,my boss thanked me for helping him recharge his cards and gave me some good amount of money which I rejected but he insisted and his daughter persuaded me to. I couldn't refuse any beauty any demand that have been my life since secondary school that have been my weakest point.

so I accepted the money thanked him and left with his daughter after me to lock the gate. "goodbye" she said smiling.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
CHAPTER 2

"Michael you have a visitor"said vivian my colleague. Vivian was another beauty in black skin .you can always find smile on her oval face. I guess she was two or three years younger than me and works here as a cleaner. she warm,welcoming and friendly to all. Her respect level was out of description I guess she had enough home training from her mum.

Who is it?, how would I know who she is! she replied walking away. I continued attending to the guy I was attending to."Guy this one fine oo, I think you should take this one" I said confidently ." You be Correct guy,I been dey eye the phone since"he said as he picked the phone,left for the counter to pay for it.

I returned to my post to attended to my visitor.

ME: "Vivian where is the visitor"I asked my colleague.
VIVIAN: "she just left but she left those things there" pointing to my table.

I sat down at my table and there on the table laid a nylon containing food and juice from KILIMAJARO fast food. Wondering who brought it,I took it down from the table to drop under the table when I saw a piece of paper under it.

I couldn't wait because lam not
allowed to stay out late please call me with this number 0803xxxxxxxx

Still no name? Still wondering who it might be.

VIVIAN: what did your girlfriend bring for us (giving me a sheepish look while coming toward my table)
ME(laughing) well for the start,I don't have a girlfriend"
VIVIAN: spare me that. That what all the guys say,well she beautiful, who is she your sister?.
ME: I don't even know who dropped this yet.

She gave me this doubtful look,smiled and walked away.

After starring at the note for sometime,I fold the piece of paper neatly and putted it my trouser pocket,picked up the food started looking for vivian to give her the food cause I wasn't hungry. I found her and walked over to where she was standing near the counter talking to her best friend our cashier.
Stretching my hand out to give her the food "please take, am not hungry" .Everyone at the counter give us this wanked suspicious look. I known what might be going on in their head but not that I care about what they think about us. She just smiled and politely rejected it. I insisted still she rejected again."Accept it, It just a gift no because we dey here oo " the Cashier teased us .We all laughed,

VIVIAN: let me caught my breath! Wait what the hell are you talking about (almost choking out with laughter)
ME: Yeah she means it just a gift and not a wedding ring" I added still laughing.

She gave me a little sly look than took the food from my hand and walked without even saying thank you.

I finished my day recording and work so I returned to my table to pack my things since is almost home time. While packing I noticed that vivian was starring at me yet I formed foreign to that knowledge and continued packing yet didn't starring.

What is up with this girl? Why have she been staring at me like that? Have this girl misunderstood just a kind gesture? Because I noticed she had been interested in my business lately. If so I had no desire to date at the moment not after the emotion trauma I suffer during my ss3 class that i recently overcame.

I finished packing while wondering all this things and walked to the counter and signed out. I came back to my table she was making up to go home,so i picked my bag then told her(vivian) bye and wish her a happy evening, she just gave me a cold reply without even looking up but I didn't mind I guess I was too tired to care. I left for my home discarding all the memories of what happened that day.

I got home,dad was away for the month as usually,workaholic things, so i freshened up,ate my dinner then slot in one of the home movie which I bought on my way back And lied on the sofa with my head lying on mums laps who was also sitting there with me and we watched the movie like that but I wasn't concentrating on the movie I was playing back the days event in my head.
Searching myself if there was any feeling for vivian in me cos I didn't want to hurt her. I know how unreciprociated love feels like,the feeling of been alone in the world. after all the search although there was a little feeling for her but I was just fine with her been a friend nothing else. the little feeling I also find for a female companion at that moment was for my boss daughter CYTHNIA,but she was out of reach. Not that I couldn't ask her out if I want to but I wasn't ready to risk my job and our chairman's trust over that little feeling so I discarded the idea and slept off still lying on mum's laps

Later when I guess the part one might have finished,mum wake me up to go into our room and sleep. I got up,Tried to walk my room but was staggering cause I was still feeling sleepy so mom held me by my arm and guild me till I reach my bed she pegged me close the door and left .

I was woken early by my alarm clock the next morning ,i took my bath and was getting ready for work when I remember that piece of paper I received the previous day want to know who it was that visited me, i search my trouser's pocket but couldn't find it. I search my work bag it Wasn't there either. I spent much time searching the whole room to see if I left or it fell anywhere but that was as good as futile so I gave up the search, ate my food, prepared and left for day hustle and bustle.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
CHAPTER 3

I arrived at the shop earlier than any one else as usually cause even back then in school I was given punctuality prefect I never come late for any reason mu makes sure of that. I Said a little morning start up prayer on my table,signed in then went to check the phone shelf for empty spaces which I would record and refill with phone, I just returned to my sit after refilling those spaces when vivian walked.
She looked a little bit overdressed for work this morning and the make up on her was too shiny. She was flashing her smiles at any one who cares for it. "what was she up to again this morning. I left her yesterday all moody .

VIVIAN: good morning Mike
ME: you are looking gorgeous and happy this morning. Did you won a jackpot Or did he promise you sometime big
VIVIAN: who?
ME: Him as In him(smiling)
VIVIAN: I only wish,listen there is no him anywhere. anyway thank you
ME: sorry about yesterday although I don't know what I did
VIVIAN: what about yesterday are you sorry about(giving me this wicked smile that made me thought about biting her lips off in a french kiss that moment)
ME: I thought you were all angry at me yesterday
VIVIAN: why should I
ME: ok if you say so, then what's with mood yesterday evening. I thought it was because of what I said yesterday at the counter.
VIVIAN: hmmm ok. First it is not because of you for I know player guys like you generally like to play with a lady's heart. Thanks anyway
ME: I had quite playing babe and thanks for what
VIVIAN: (walking away) for showing concern (Turned around smiling) and the food.

God this girl is really good at teasing the hell out of a guy but am not about to let myself fall for her at least not now. With that I brought out my book and starting reading

Before long customers started breezing in as usually I was busy once again attending to their needs. I became so busy that day that I didn't know I have skip my Lunch because customers were just coming and going without spacing so even my sitting down was brief.

VIVIAN: oga ,that your girlfriend is here again to see you( still teasing me)
ME: who?
VIVIAN: that beautiful girl who came here yesterday.
ME: vivian please tell her I would join her shortly

But the customer I was attending to wouldn't just leave,she was very demanding,selective in fact she was an over pampered bitch and her character was irritating. Nothing I show her satisfies her she just keep selecting and selecting until finally she picked one at last. I exhaled the breath of relieve.

"Sorry I took much of your time you see I always love my things to be the best"she boasted. Put hand into her hand bag and She dashed me some cool cash then picked out the phone and left for the counter. Go attend to ur visitor!

Just then I remember my visitor so I raced back to my table but no one was there waiting.

VIVIAN: are you trying to avoided her. what is wrong with you the guys. Why are all of you the same (a bit angry)
ME: (getting pissed off and almost shouting, which drew the attention of even the customers) can you please stop, what the hell is your business in all this

Every one was staring at me. I guess they have never seen me this angry. Yes I was always smiling with every one. she exhaled and walked away gently looking down embraced. At that moment like 2PAC all eye were on me. I couldn't concentrate again in here,not with all this eyes trying to get a part of me for themselves,so I left my table went outside to breath in fresh air and clear my head. Shortly after,I came back in, sat down quietly was not in the mood to attended to any one. Vivian wasn't on her sit not that I cared to know where she went to

After sometime my mood was lightened up I remember I haven't eaten then I turned and my eyes met with those of vivian's, she was starring again. This time I felt sorry for treating her the way I did. I went outside bought two meat pies and vitamilks. When I came back she was with one customer already covering my work for me. I drop the food and ran over there thanked her.

she acted cold towards me which she have done before instead she gave me no reply, she just turned around and walked away. I could sense tears forming around her eyes. I started beating myself, although she poked into my business but embracing her the way I did was uncalled for. For she might have acted out of the experience of former emotional trauma which she has no control over so i felt really bad for her.

Still packing the goods for our customer,he tried to engage me in a discussion that I wasn't really in the mood for

CUSTOMER: is she your girlfriend.
ME: no! why do ask?
CUSTOMER: nothing really !. Would you believe me if I say that girl like you and very much too.

I looked up at him then down at what I was doing without saying a word

CUSTOMER: yes I was here when you shouted at her and that hurt her. Yet as soon as you left she was so eager to assist and cover for you. From my experience in relationship Guy believe me no random girl would do that cause they all have their pride to protect.

He just went on and on,I could not even throw in one word,in fact I wasn't in the mood so I packed his goods fast and moved them to the car packed outside. he thanked me and left.

I returned to my table picked one of the packed snacks walk over to Vivian table.

ME: am sorry about earlier I wasn't in a good mood then.

She looked away. Didn't even give me a glance. Well I don't blame her, I hurt her feminine pride so I deserved that cold treatment. Back in secondary school I have been a big time player But quite playing because I finally fall in love with some girl(R.I. P).so like before I usually know how to deal with girls in such an unusual situation. I went to the other side of the table where she sat,turned her sit squat in front of her and took her palms in mine. She look around guessing to find people who might be staring. many were already smiling watching the drama been acted before them which we were the characters. so she tried removing her palm from mine but I held them strongly so she gave up and look down shyly to the floor by her side murmuring something I couldn't hear. Turning her face with one of my hand and staring in her eye

ME: what I did was uncalled for, like said I wasn't in a good mood and I let it get the best part of me but I promise it won't happen again if please forgive me.

She just nodded trying to get rid of me immediately. Her shyness overtaking her

ME: just say you forgive me
VIVIAN: am sorry too for badging into ur affair, I shouldn't have(she said almost whispering)

So i got up, smiled left the snacks,then went back to table. she got up immediately I left and rush off to the rest room leaving people to keep wondering what is going on between us.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Please comment and contributions would be appreciated as there are many more upcoming banging chapters to chill with

Oshee!!!
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 4:20am On Feb 28, 2016
CHAPTER 4

Right now To understand my state of mind. I want you to be a believer, a believer of love at first sight,a believer of The power of woman,a believer of the power of love.

It have three days since my unknown visitor stop coming and things were good between me and everyone even VIVIAN. We remained cool as friends. I have remove my mind from any relationship matter and from wondering who the visitor who "must not be known" is.

Then in a moment a big sun shined on me. one of heaven missing angel happens to walked into the shop .It was the most breathtaking moment of my life, I was automatically sent on exile to dreamland for a moment. There she stood dressed in a beautiful green short gown showing off her chocolate skinned laps. although she didn't wear heavy makeup but one can see she was beyond an epictom of beauty description. her smile was out of this world,I was distracted watching her lips shining with lip gross move,smile and talk. I knew If i make the Decision to move on and find another female companion and she would certainly be the one.

I was so engulfed in my dream world that I didn't even notice who she walked in with,our chairman's daughter CYNTHIA who went into the manager's office for a moment. before I could return from my dreamland they were already Leaving. when they got to my sit area they stood in front of there for a moment as cynthia gave me this angry look then move on without saying a word. Who cares I said to myself.

VIVIAN: ok I know it not my business but don't you think you need to make even it a little time for her. That is the reason she angry.
ME: who?
VIVIAN: your girlfriend the one that just left
ME: (laughing)don't tell me you don't know that girl
VIVIAN: hmmm I don't know her ,although I have seen her going into manger's office once or twice
ME: that's the chairman's only daughter
VIVIAN: wait a minute,don't tell me you are dating chairman's daughter
ME: I only wish, she just an over pampered ill manner spoilt brat.
Wait a minute was she one that have been visiting me
VIVIAN: as you don't know
ME: dear please cover for me, I wound be back in a moment(raced out even without finishing what I was saying)

I ran all the way till I met them at the bus stop trying to stop a taxi

CYTHNIA: (harshly) what is it!
ME: am really sorry for bopping on you like this(trying to caught my breath)
CYTHNIA: Michael that your name right? What do you take me for. because you helped me with my assignment,does that make you feel too important to play with me and treat me the way you feel like
ME: am really sorry,I never knew you were the one visiting me .
CYTHNIA: what of the number I left. Why didn't you call or do you still have excuse for that too
ME: am really sorry,that number you drop I misplaced it . me and my colleague Vivian even quarrelled over not see you because she thought I was intentionally avoiding my girlfriend(we all started laughing, that was the first time I heard her friend voice it was very melodious)
CYTHNIA: ok I forgive you. I just came to thank you that was all. Anyway this is my best friend MARIA( Maria stretching out her hand)
ME: nice meeting an angel here on earth
MARIA: please don't start. angel indeed (smiling). anyway thank you
ME: ok since we have made up I like to go back in(turning to go)
CYTHNIA: ok!.
MARIA: wait can i ask something of you?
ME: anything for my mermaid
MARIA: am not really good with physics but I want to study medicine, I want you to please be my private home tutor.
ME: (a bit surprised) I would really love to do that for you and maybe heaven might decide to favour me for helping it citizen but as you have already observed I have busy schedule and working almost everyday of the week
CYTHNIA: Maria that not a bad idea. I would talk to my dad and see if he could spare us a little time with you
ME: (I thought confused what am I geting myself into) I wish you luck with that(leaving them) Anyway bye for now

When I got back to the shop. Vivian walked up to me and informed me that the manager want to see me after lunch time then walked back to her sit. all along I watched her walked to my sit and back to hers,I notice she was feeling down,her mood and her heart was selling her cheap to me. I could feel that she was feeling jealous and I felt bad and pity for her and this one sided love between us.

To forget about her I pulled out my phone inserted my headset and tuned it's radio to RYTHM FM, There PHIL COLLINS song FIND A WAY TO MY HEART was playing. I tuned again this time to TREASURE FM again CELINE DION song IF THAT WHAT IT TAKES came up after some commercials. I tuned again,I wasn't in the mood to listen to any blues. this time I landed on COOL FM there too they were having talk show on love and relationship. Is this some kind of radio conspiracy against me this afternoon?.I switch off the radio brought my book to read. All I need right now was to get my head straight and off this pity feelings for Vivian.

Even after reading for minutes nothing changed instead someone's else face came flashing into my head and feeling for this new face was strong and way beyond my control. The song by ONE VOICE" HERE I GO FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN" came was playing in my head. THE WAR OF HEARTS has already started within me and I never knew it. lam in between three beautiful girl who I have feelings for . How I wish this was my good secondary school player day.

But since that player died months back I decided to follow my heart .that where the feeling is at its strongest. that evacuated Cynthia and vivian out of the picture leaving only Maria in my head.

VIVIAN: Hey!! the manager is back.
ME: ok madam

She pretended a smile but one could tell it was faked. Anyway I left for the manager's office and there he gave me some serious wicked stair for so minutes

MANAGER: Starting next week monday you will only work 6 to 4 and the remaining time you would use to tutor chairman's daughter And her friend. But Let me give you a little warning or should I say advice cause I see you as my younger brother. I notice chairman's daughter visiting you recently remember Chairman never jokes with his only daughter,he can bring the earth down for her so if you don't want the skies to rain hot waters on you never for once think of falling for her not to talk of doing anything stupid with chairman's daughter for own good if there is any game you might be playing better stop it ,blah..bla...blahaaa!!!.

He dismissed me I left his office looking like a rat in a cage. Home tutor with girls I have feeling for yet never think of dating or screwing one of them. This would be a hell of work for me. GOD please help me I prayed as I return to my sit
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
network is killing me more update coming up soon
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 11:27am On Mar 03, 2016
To all my followers am really Sorry for the delay in updates. it due to school and my work and still writing this but watch out cause i have two hot chapters that i will upload later today
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2016
CHAPTER 5

The rest of days in the week went by smoothly. Although Rumours have already started spreading that the ROMEO & JUILET of GLAXICO COMMUNCATION LTD was me and vivian. Even VIVIAN started avoided siting or standing in a close range with me. I guessed her shy nature was the cause. My personality right from teenage age was never listen to gossip let alone take them to heart. So Let them" TALK IAM LISTENING" I love 9ice and his music hahahah!!!

--------------------------------------------------------

This sunday afternoon was a real hot one. The sun showed no mercy as it spread it ruthless wipe on anything or anyone under it. I was on my way back from church. As you already know I no be AJEBO so while some rich kids dey enter their parents cars dey go house,me dey use my LEG dey do am.

Some distance from my house I felt unbearably hungry,I enter one shop nearby and bought cold VITAMIKE and egg roll to fight back the sooching sun. I was just having a nice time as I was playing music from my phone while running through my facebook page when a familiar voice drew my attention

That was the voice of my fantasy,the same voice of an angel on earth. there she stode before the counter wearing her casuals a navyblue shorts which shows off her hot chocolate skinned legs and curves and white singlet,I was right she truly a beauty to behold,boy is now or never was echoing in my head yet I was struggle to move my legs

MARIA: ma,I need #200 MTN recharge card
ME : hey,
MARiA: (supriced to see me there) hey,micheal right?
ME: I thought you went back to your residence in heaven
MARIA: (she laugh this silent ajebota kind of laugh) have anyone told you that you are a very very funny guy. You can actually make lots of money been a comedian you know.
ME: I haven't really thought of that .why can't I be the that comedian right now and humor you as my angel( pointing to the sit I was previously sitting)
MARIA: too tempting but I will pass
ME: But why (feeling a little disappointed cause no girl have ever blew off my moves or flows)
MARIA: if my elder brother drive pass and sees me siting here for what ever reason he would practically skin me alive not to talk of sitting here talking with a guy that will straight murder case
ME: real strict disciplinarian I see. So what are you doing in this area
MARIA: I should be asking you that. I live here
ME: in this neighbourhood? For real?
MARIA: yeah, there (pointing at a gate adjacent to the shop)we own the place so I have lived here almost all my life.
ME: ( it was like me winning a jackpot at this time) what a small world I actually live down this avenue. But how have you live in the same avenue with me and I have never noticed such a beauty even for once?
MARIA: guess am not the much out going type. ok enough question and answer session, I have to go back before mum starts looking for me
ME: ok then, we finish our discussion tomorrow. hope you would be at cynthia's house tomorrow for the tutorials right?
MARIAsadwalking away) wouldn't miss that for any thing

I stode in that very spot for good 60seconds, I couldn't move,talk or shake,in fact I was transfixed as I watch her walk away. The only thing I could do was smile like a slowpoke. Didn't care about people passing. I guess at that moment I was a slowpoke,a big slowpoke but a slowpoke in love

I raced to my table picked up my snacks an drink and head home jumping up and down very happy( childish really but that love for you). The only time I have felt the way I do now was seven months ago before graduation, before the death of PAMELA (R.I.P my first real world love(grab your copy of TUNNEL OF PAIN to know about her and us) the day I saw her been registered to our school as a student( that all my past real world story I brought in for better understanding anyways)

I got to my humble abode, raced past my mum sitting at the veranda to my room without even noticing her. jumped on my bed very happy, I didn't know mum followed me to know what I was up to. I only knew when she shouted at me

MUM: young man would you jump down from that bed with those shoes. Do you know how hard it is for me to wash those sheets
ME: mum good afternoon
MUM: you are just noticing me now. by the way What all this fuss about anyway
ME: nothing really just happy today that all.
MUM: what do I tell you about lying dear,you are not a good lier so tell what is up

2FACE IDEBIA made a mistake when he pick that name 2FACE as a stage name cause lam the real 2face. Back at home lam the good guy, the uncurupted,the guy that is just jesus Own pikin, but out there am the player boy,womaniser in fact and the bad,ugly and the beasts( don't tell mum I told you that)

ME: nothing really just happy that all
MUM: (leaving) you can always come talk to me
ME: ok mum,but am famished anything for me
MUM: wash up first then you come down

I Picked up my towel and head to our bathroom still singing, I was extremely happy, it as if everything is working as if planned. to even thinks i lives in the same neighbour with her, I guess if I play my card well I might be banging the hell out that sweet ass before the end of the month.

I hurried took my bath,eat a little food was hungry anymore and off I went to see my home boy who live down the avenue. His name is peter, he taught me how to be a player back then(so parents watch the friends your kids keep) I guess that's why he calls himself super striker PEDRO. I needed to get more Intel about MARIA. Believe me when it comes to girls he prettily got this avenue covered, he not handsome at least not like me and his swags totally sucks but there is no girl in this neighbourhood I know of that he hasn't gotten into her pant. sometime me with all my handsomeness wonders how he does that and that too became one of the main reasons I don't date or even talk to the girls from this avenue. I believe them to be whores, low class and high-class whores for leting this poor swagless ugly boy lick from their honey pot. But now I know sometimes something good can come out of NAZARETH

But to my greatest surprise he didn't known her. At first it was hard to believe
A mystery entirely to me,even whole pedro doesn't know her Yet she claimed to have lived here all her life,well It a relive since he hasn't gotten to her so i left things at that BEFORE SOMEBODY THING GO TURN TO ANOTHER PERSON OWN

lol!!!
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2016
CHAPTER 6

Monday finally came,and that is the first day of my tutorials with Cynthia and her friend. Anxiety took the best of me throughout work that day, I have never taught before but now I would have to be teaching two beautiful and succulent babes. Na which kind temptation be this?, what if I fall my hands in front of this babes?, what if my feeling get out of control and land me in serious trouble with our chairman?,All this questions and many more were popping in my head and eating me up, I couldn't concentrate in the shop that day, I keep making mistakes but thank God they were not costly ones so customers overlooked it.

It was as if my strength was evaporating, I couldn't stand anymore or attended to anyone again, I started feeling feverish so I beg vivian to cover for me with excuse that I was not feeling fine. Sitting by my table facing down on listening to music through my headset. My phone beeped, talk of the devil

CYNTHIA: hey mike you are going to make it today right
ME: yeah would be there by 4pm so tell Maria to be there before than
CYNTHIA: maybe I should come there so we go home together on my way back from school
ME: no, I can come alone,I know my way around here
CYNTHIA: I still insisted
ME: ok if you insist , am not in the mood for a ladies argument right now
CYNTHIA: (laughing) 4PM then
ME: ok see you then

I could sense danger looming around yet I don't know how to avate it. I can't reject tutoring them cause I might fall out of favour from our chairman eyes. but the main reason I couldn't reject was because my heart wishes to see Maria every minute of the day and that was a golden of opportunity to do that everyday. I never realised I was already madly in love with her

Even time was not helping me here. It was doing every thing in it's power to frustrate me by rushing down. It was already 3:45pm . I was getting tensed up, It was as if I was in a hot sit. I was not myself. some felt my forehead with her palm.

VIVIAN: won't you tell manager about your illness and go home
ME: there would be no need for that,my work time is almost up
VIVIAN: have you eaten, I guess not wait let me get so snacks
ME: please vivian you don't have to am alright
VIVIAN: stop talking rubbish,had it been it was me I know you have dragged me home so let me,this is the little I can do.(Leaving without even waiting to hear my words)

This girl won't understand that we would always remain as friends and nothing more no matter how hard she tried to impress and show me her caring side I thought as I watch her leave. But I must confess this babe get something for her back oo.

I checked my phone it was 3:50pm,I started packing my things waiting for Cynthia. I have barely packed my things finished when she walked in.

CYNTHIA: I know you must my hungry so I brought food(giving me a nylon with inscription SMILES FAST FOOD)
ME: am not really hungry
CYNTHIA: but as my teacher I can't allow you to teach me on empty stomach so you must eat so we get going(bringing out the food from the nylon and placing it on my table)

Just then vivian walk vivian walked in with food I guess it was for me too. Her counternce changed the moment she saw vivian and the food she brought. she just walked pass us drop the food on her table and off she went again this time I guess the rest room. I could sense jealousy in her eyes the way she looked at us when she passed. The worst part was cynthia was smart enough to notice

CYNTHIAsadstarring towards the direction she went) trouble in paradise I see
ME: what?(Still packing my stuff into my bag)
CYNTHIA: your girlfriend. What up with her attitude today
Me: who? Vivian? She not my girlfriend just a friend
CYNTHIA: does sim to me like that, wait are you a player cause most handsome guys like you are
MEsad laughing my first laugh for that day) player? Football,basketball,tennis which
CYNTHIA: I don't know just don't hurt that innocent girl
ME: ok ma can we go now
CYNTHIA: the food!
ME: later packing the food back. Let me sign out

I signed out and was about to go I saw vivian come out from the rest room, her face was pale as if someone who have seen a ghost and her eye was reddish. have she been crying, Love is really a strange thing indeed. unreciprociated love is the worst , 80 % of all world suicides, murders,heartbreaks caused by love affair are mainly caused by unreciprociated love. The feeling of helplessness,not been noticed and loneliness can make one want to do anything to be accepted by their crush.

Back to my story I felt sorry for so I made up my mind that I would straighten things up tomorrow and spare her this hurting feelings

I went back picked up my bag and left together with cynthia we took taxi a drop( big man style) to her lioness den.. The uneasiness has subsided,I was feeling so kind of happiness cos at least I would see the one my heart clamour for Maria.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
Two more chapter coming up tomorrow but are X-rated so reader discretion is adviced

1 Like

Re: War Of Hearts by Niwdog(m): 8:59am On Mar 05, 2016
Following abi folloying undecided
Re: War Of Hearts by yorhmienerd(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2016
Oya AJA 1 GBERA
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:36am On Mar 26, 2016
was robbed on my way back from school and my laptop and phone was taken away but so I won't update regularly but here comes some chapters in few minutes
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:37am On Mar 26, 2016
was robbed on my way back from school and my laptop and phone was taken away so I won't update regularly but here comes some chapters in few minutes
Re: War Of Hearts by Niwdog(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2016
Onyenso100:
was robbed on my way back from school and my laptop and phone was taken away so I won't update regularly but here comes some chapters in few minutes
welcome back. Sorry about the lost items
Re: War Of Hearts by Fijumokesayo(f): 9:48am On Mar 26, 2016
Except for some typos, this story is captivating.... Well done oga.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 12:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
CHAPTER 7

there is some mysterious chemistry and that no one has yet explained that takes place when a certain guy and certain lady meets. some call it love at first sight ,whatever it is ,it a sudden fusion and being the physics guy I see it it as getting the right electrical connection and turning on a switch.

this has now happened, maria at first sight had the woman I really wanted. fate,destiny, call it what you like had brought us together, and after all the playing around ,falling in and out of love, the emotional trauma,the switch for me has been turned on but has the turned on switch done anything to her ?,maybe her chemistry hasn't responded as my had,all this was something I had to figure out

the tutorial classes was going smoothly as the day runs by. all forms of tension and anxiety had disappeared. I was getting along fine except with Cynthia who by the day turns out to be a but Case. while in her house she makes sure to pass the message that i wasn't from the upper class (wealthy class) like them so had little or no authority over her. sometimes during our tutorial classes she gets up and walks away without any form of permission yet when she comes back she would want me to all I had said without any apology instead Maria apologize in her stead. her attitude worsen by the day, she started paying little attention to the classes. it got to a point where she started playing with her phone during classes leaving me and maria to my so called tutorials.

this got me annoyed but I couldn't complain, the little feeling I had for her was fast being replaced by disgust. I thought of reporting this development to her father but decided against it cause he might decide to call off the tutorial classes and therefore ruining my chance of getting to see maria who I have this Big crush on every evening. I decided to ignore her and her characters. with maria always around I was satisfied

but something seems odd, in public places even if when she visit me in the company she treats me nicely and as if I was her lover but right here in her home she treat me as a different person. I couldn't understand her at all.

maria on the other hand was becoming more of a darling. some would say I was blind to her own errors, yes believe me she had her own problem like every other rich kids but she was no way like Cynthia. with her behavior, one needn't tell you she went through several home training. at the end of our classes every day we would walk home together gusting and laughing over different kind of things. and the made my feelings for her grow over time.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
CHAPTER 8

Vivian was practically avoiding me ever since my classes with Cynthia and maria started. even gossips were flying around that the romeo and Juliet of glaxco had broken up. her willingness to cover for me when I was not around was gone. in fact she be came hostile and treat me like complete stranger. but in all these, one thing was sure her love for me was intact. during office leisure time when I read my book I could see her staring at me. the flames of jealousy in her eye was furious. I didn't know why but one thing I knew was that she was hurting deep inside more than she was exhibiting. pinning for someone who is pinning for another is worst and most painful of all love.

her usual bright and smiling face has turned gloomy this days .I guess the reason was this unresiprociated love between us. it got me asking questions if I was her first love. if not why would she a young girl of her age be behaving the way she was doing. I knew little of her and her background but nothing about her past love life. I was try to take notes of empty phone shelf space when someone tap me from my back

CASHIER; what is up between you and Vivian?
ME; I don't understand your question
CASHIER; did you guys broke up?.she has not been herself these days and been her friend for a long time I can tell you she is hurting more than she is showing.
ME; did she tell you were in any kind of relationship. (she kept mute)I know she is hurting because of me but I can't help her.
CASHIER; I don't get. you were never dating
ME; (looking toward her direction, our eyes met and she looked away) I notice she is into me. she is a nice and beautiful girl ,any guy would kill just to make her his girlfriend even me. I would love to be at her side always as her man but I am with another I don't double date.
CASHIER; I see. but please give her at least a little chance. I hate seeing a friend looking like this. secondly let me advice you a lady in love is desperate and can do unthinkable things so never hurt a heart in love

she left leaving me with a letter. I open the envelope, it was a birthday invitation from Vivian to our cashier dated to hold next week Saturday. she was celebrating her birthday and she didn't care to invite me herself or did she conspire this with her friend our cashier. I decided I wasn't going unless she invite me herself.

the time was already 3:56pm,I attended to few more people and returned to my table to pack my things and go for my usual tutorial classes. I just finished packing when maria called and told me cancelation of our classes today as a result of Cynthia travelling. I then asked her out in place of the tutorial. she declined. but I insisted and bothered her till she accepted. I was happy,I sent her the address of the fast food joint where we would hang out. I ran home,took my bath and dress for my big evening.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Niwdog:
welcome back. Sorry about the lost items

thank you man.It has encourage me to finish what I have started
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2016
Fijumokesayo:
Except for some typos, this story is captivating.... Well done oga.

no one is perfect but thanks for the encouragement

1 Like

Re: War Of Hearts by prisomic(f): 8:28am On Mar 28, 2016
the tory dey sweet me ooo,bt i don't wish to b in love with someone who is in love with another!!!!well done...waiting for more updates
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
I knw i hv beening lacking .but expect for the end chapters real soon
Re: War Of Hearts by Nnachuka(m): 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2016
joanee20:
ok na, let's see the bomb explode
hey there Joanne
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 11:14pm On May 08, 2016
CHAPTER 9

I ran into the house as one being chase by a ghost which startled my mum

MUM: what's wrong and why are you home early today running like that.
ME: (answering while making for my room) am sorry if I startled you but I have somewhere I need to be right now.
MUM: and where could that be that you have to leave work early to go
ME: a party,sorry a meeting so if you will excuse me I ran in leaving my mum sitting there. I took my bath, line four sets of cloths with there marching shoes to choose from. Although I had diffculty doing that but I did any ways cause such a day I woundnt want to mess up with an ill dressing. I also wore some perfume,my neckless and watch. By the time I was done it was already 4:35PM so I came out ready to move when I saw mum has already set the table for me
me; mum you shouldnt have bother iam in a haste maybe when I get back
MUM; why the sudden existment today where are you actually going to
ME; to a friends party (I lied )
MUM; ok if you say so but come back early and don't misbehave there
ME; ok mum see ya later,love you.
MUM; love you too deary

I took a taxi and before 4:50pm I was at the fast food joint.I waited a long time till I almost became frustrated that Maria was not going to come.just when I got up to leave ,this angel walked in dressed in pink dinner gown on a pair of marching high heel shoes. calmly she walked toward my table flashing that smile that can make any man's anger and frustrations go away .this angel was worth the wait I said to myself

MARIA ;am sorry I made you wait my brother is a pain in the ass. I practically had to wait for him to leave before coming here.
ME;for one this beautiful,I can wait for all enternity without bothering about thing.
MARIA; (turned her face away smiling )pls don't start with all those your flattery
ME; no it's true, you look extremely smashing
MARIA; (now feeling shy)ok I have heard you so keep it down
ME; who cares,sitting by this beauty do you know how I feel. I feel like NELSON MANDEBA so I can as well scream it.
MARIA; (jokely) don't do if you don't me to run away from here

just then the food menu arrived I collected it and gave it to MARIA but took it and gave it back to the attendant without opening it

MARIA; a bottle of baccus wine would do
ME; only?
MARIA; don't bring all those gentlemen style to this table. I know you are student like me who need to save

although it hurt my ego but I.understood she was only looking out for me.the drink arrived in no time so we started gisting over the drink until I summond the courage to spill the beans

ME; Maria can I ask you something
Maria;what is it
ME; i had an emotional trauma during my secondary school days that I overcame few months ago .so I decided to to give up on love which I did until some week back I met this angel (she smiled) everything started changing. I discover that all the thoughts I hold all through the day is to see her face,hear her voice,breathe from the air she breaths from. is it wrong to feel like this way.
Maria; no of course not.
me; ok am sorry if am saying this at a wrong time. iam crazyly in love with you.pls be my girl and let me be the one for you always.
Maria; ( after a moment of silences ) can you give me time to think about it.
me; ok but pls don't take too long.we drank the remaining wine In silence.
Re: War Of Hearts by Onyenso100(m): 6:19am On May 09, 2016
CHAPTER 10

I arrived the company early as I usual do. but today was different vivian was already in the shop before me.she was doing her work when I walked in.i went over to do my own work.starting from recording and refilling empty shelf space.
i could still caught glances of her staring at me from time to time.after refilling the shelf I returned to my table to enter the data into the company big ledger when vivian walked up to me.

VIVIAN ; Michael do you have time I want to talk to you.
ME; (still doing what I was doing without looking up) yeah what is it.
VIVIAN ; (dropped and pushed card towards me) iam celebrating my birthday and would ne honoured if you can make it.
ME; (now looking up to her trying to fake a smile ) birthday ? when cause I would be delighted to come. infact I wouldn't miss it for any thing.
VIVIAN; (still gloomy )its on Saturday actually since It an election day and my parents are travelling I asked my mum if I can have a little party at home to mark my birthday.
ME; that's ok. but I would come if you promise to make the chairman of the occasion and two my item 7
VIVIAN; (now forcing a smile to complement my joke ) item 7 wouldn't be a problem (turning to leave)
ME; vivian did I do any thing wrong. some u didn't know I did
VIVIAN ; (taken by surprise) no why do you ask.
ME; your attitude toward me this past few weeks.
VIVIAN ; no you didn't do anything wrong to me.
ME ; then what with the cold treatments
she kept quiet for sometime just looking at her nails. I knew I have pushed her to a tight corner, I could notice traces of tears forming round her eyes. she ran off before they could drop.

I felt pity for her.one thing I hate most in the world was to see a girl's tear right from teenage age and seeing this girl's tears, my emotion were heightened. yet I couldn't help her cause I love and clamour for only one MARIA.

{AT CYNTHIA'S HOUSE }

the class was going on well as usual with Cynthia showing off her attitude at intervals .Maria shy away from me now.we continued studying till we all showed sign of fatigue so we opt to rest.
i asked for water but Cynthia in his usual behaviour told me to scout out the fridge and help myself as she continued pressing her phone.I went to the fridge, got some water and was walking back when I heard conversation between Maria and Cynthia.

MARIA ; what do think about Michael
CYNTHIA; (putting down her phone) this Michael? why do you ask.
MARIA; he asked me to be his girl and the thing is, I also like him.
CYNTHIA; (sounding a little pisssed off) if you have already accepted why then come to ask me.
MARIA; i haven't given him a reply yet but i wanted to know from you cause am not so good with relationships.
CYNTHIA; sorry if this wasn't the answer you were expecting. he is handsome I admit but he look like a player to me. but it up to you to date him or not.
ME; (talking to myself) why this girl want pour sand for my garri.
CYNTHIA; by the way what is he still doing ing my kitchen .

then i walked out holding a glass of water.was a little hard finding my way in here (I said trying to cover for my momentary absence ). we studied some more then dismissed for the day gisting along the way. I walked home with Maria since we live close.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Encounter With Kate / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / The Great War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.