Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? (2843 Views)

Dear Mods, I Can't Post On Romance Section. Please Help. / Dear Mods And Super-mods / My Posts Don't Used To Show On New Topic Page.why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2009
Moderators,
At first I thought this was purely accidental or some glitch in the NL system. I mean, i've seen it happen to other people. Their username is in the board list as "last post" but when you click on the topic, you actually don't get to see this "last post" for some reason.
Lately, this ill luck has befallen me with an increased frequency, and I'm wondering why?    undecided
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2009
hopefully this one doesn't disappear lol

oh btw, I can see the post when i click on my profile. it just doesn't appear on the intended thread or the place where it's posted.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2009
Dem no like ur post be that grin grin grin
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2009
ah I wonder o? you mean the website or the mod?
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2009
the mods cheesy
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 11:36pm On Jul 09, 2009
how do you know or why should I believe you?
if it's true, i've lost all my trust on this site foreverrrrrr  angry
pls God don't let it be true  embarassed are they making posts invisible on purpose? there has to be a good reason tho lol
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 11:38pm On Jul 09, 2009
sabi u are new here . . .very soon u'd get how it works wink
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
argh who told you i'm new. I have almost 4x the number of your posts! lol i kid i kid
I have to hear from a mod though. unless you were a former mod wink
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 11:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
me mod ke? grin grin grin
u r funny. . . i doubt if u'd get any reasonable ansa so quit wasting ur time undecided
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
The spam bot probably doesn't like you. grin

No one is 'targeting' your post, it is a system designed to eliminate spam. Unfortunately it's not perfect and is tagging a lot of posts these days.

Even I had almost 10 posts tagged in the past couple of days and even got banned by it. grin

Work is underway to resolve the problem so rest at ease. Report to a mod by IM or email if you can and they will see to sorting out the problem.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2009
so, this "spam bot." what is it? and how does it work?
my post doesn't resemble spam in the least bit. and some of the posts that I saw targeted don't resemble spam either (i check their profiles sometimes when I see that their "last post" on the topic doesn't exist).
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
oyinda.:

my post doesn't resemble spam in the least bit. and some of the posts that I saw targeted don't resemble spam either (i check their profiles sometimes when I see that their "last post" on the topic doesn't exist).

u too like wahala, i will spank ur butt ooo tongue
this ur thread might disappear sef due to spam bot grin cheesy
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2009
i mean i'm sure the spam bot exists but it's not soo effective imo. lol

Work is underway to resolve the problem so rest at ease.

that's good news o. lol
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 10, 2009
These mods and supermods conveniently delete posts, lock threads, ban username and they blame it on some spam bot.
SPAM BOT MY YANSH!

Na today spam bot start to dey delete messages, ban usernames and lock threads?
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 12:32am On Jul 10, 2009
OMO IBO:

These mods and supermods conveniently delete posts, lock threads, ban username and they blame it on some spam bot.
SPAM BOT MY YANSH!

lolz grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 12:32am On Jul 10, 2009
hmmmm. . .
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by debosky(m): 12:39am On Jul 10, 2009
oyinda.:

The operation of the spam bot is not something I can comment about, only the admin can tell you exactly how it works.

Like I told you, even MY OWN posts have been marked so obviously it's not working properly.

OMO IBO:

SPAM BOT MY YANSH!

Yeye man! grin

If posts are simply disappearing and mods know nothing about it, it must be the spam bot. tongue

Like I said, the spam bot banned even me a mod this week, so I won't be surprised if others are affected.

TOPE2000!:

u too like wahala, i will spank ur butt ooo tongue
this ur thread might disappear sef due to spam bot grin cheesy
Sharrap! tongue

If the spam bot attacked your thread, you wouldn't even see it in the first place.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 12:41am On Jul 10, 2009
lol I see debo  tongue
the spam bot banned u? it has banning power shei

oh yea nvr mind. i've been banned by spam bot as well recently. just remembered now. gosh the spam bot rlly hates me lol

so how did you unban yourself? mukina unbanned me then i guess after I created another username to make a complaint.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 12:42am On Jul 10, 2009
debosky:

Sharrap!  tongue

If the spam bot attacked your thread, you wouldn't even see it in the first place.

i don hear tongue
must have been this spam bot that banned my ip too undecided
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by debosky(m): 12:43am On Jul 10, 2009
oyinda.:

lol I see debo  tongue
the "spam bot" banned u? it has banning power shei
Indirectly it does - if you are a suspected spammer you can be banned till someone physically looks at the posts and confirms you are not.

TOPE2000!:

i don hear tongue
must have been this spam bot that banned my ip too undecided
That was the 'off-topic bot/gif bot' grin grin grin
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 12:45am On Jul 10, 2009
debosky:

Indirectly it does - if you are a suspected spammer you can be banned till someone physically looks at the posts and confirms you are not.
That was the 'off-topic bot/gif bot'  grin grin grin

my friend sharap dia
but let blame it on spam bot sha. . . .that sounds berra tongue
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 10, 2009
why this spam bot never ban all of una throw key sef?
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 1:03am On Jul 10, 2009
debo and other mods, in the forum games section where posts can be very redundant and "spam like," is the spam bot not turned on in the forum games section?
what are the criteria for spam identification? i'm just trying to understand how this spam bot works so that i can work around it and prevent my innocent posts from being tagged.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by debosky(m): 1:23am On Jul 10, 2009
oyinda.:

debo and other mods, in the forum games section where posts can be very redundant and "spam like," is the spam bot not turned on in the forum games section?
what are the criteria for spam identification? i'm just trying to understand how this spam bot works so that[b] i can work around it and prevent my innocent posts from being tagged.[/b]

We can't simply tell you how it works, at least not everything, else the spammers will also read what we tell you and modify their strategies.

All I can say is that we are resolving the problems as we speak.

OMO IBO:

why this spam bot never ban all of una throw key sef?
Cos we know you love us so much and can't do without us. grin grin
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 1:28am On Jul 10, 2009
I thought u said you were tagged multiple times as well and even banned yourself undecided so u knew how it worked all along?
I meant for other mods to respond.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by debosky(m): 1:32am On Jul 10, 2009
I don't know how it works - even if I did know, it would not be disclosed publicly to avoid spammers knowing how we stop them from getting posts into the forum.

I was tagged, but after the section mod reported the posts, I was untagged.

The mods will report posts and they will get untagged. That is all I can tell you.

No other mod can tell you anymore than I've done already.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by TOPE20001(f): 1:33am On Jul 10, 2009
this oyinda likes argument ooooooo grin
are u studying law by any chance?
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 2:26am On Jul 10, 2009
@debo, ha I see. . .

@tope, u no well. na me and who dey argue?
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by dani1luv: 6:21am On Jul 10, 2009
debosky:

I don't know how it works - even if I did know, it would not be disclosed publicly to avoid spammers knowing how we stop them from getting posts into the forum.

I was tagged, but after the section mod reported the posts, I was untagged.

The mods will report posts and they will get untagged. That is all I can tell you.

No other mod can tell you anymore than I've done already.

GBAM!

when you explain 2 them . . they still ask tougher questions
cheesy
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by oyinda3(f): 6:42am On Jul 10, 2009
u're a mod? wats with the gbam.
i don't think my questions were tough

Work is underway to resolve the problem so rest at ease.

so far this is the best answer i've gotten ^^ but I don't know whether to believe it since the poster seem quite clueless himself.
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by chiyo: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2009
ha so i've been banned for the second time by the spam bot. it's ok though. I can start afresh
but what exactly does this stupid program look for? lol
the spam bot loves me but I don't really love it back  undecided help!?
Re: Dear Mods, Why Are My Posts Playing A Disappearing Act? by mukina2: 11:11am On Jul 10, 2009
chiyo:

ha so i've been banned for the second time by the spam bot. it's ok though. I can start afresh
but what exactly does this stupid program look for? lol
the spam bot loves me but I don't really love it back  undecided help!?

Sorry, you have been unbanned smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Active Moderator In The Foreign Affairs Section. / We Bathe Together , He Raped Me In The Shower - Activist Cries Out / What Is It About Tiv Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.