Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,742 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? (29152 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by santosesq1(m): 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
Greeting people is mere courtesy but bowing down to peoples instructions is slavery. Noting bad in saying tanx you !
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Jethrolite(m): 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
No
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by vkon2(m): 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
When u dey do the work your boss being dey tell you thank you?,,,,
Honestly I could remember some years back, whenever my employer pays me, I just collect it, count it in his presence and says alright sir instead of thank you, a few minutes before the payment he is the one owning me, not the other way round, so y should I be shining my teeth saying thank you

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by rafeelly(m): 11:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
drnairalov:
nope not necessary..u eared it

one employee was fired 2day in my work place.see what we found under his desk
lmao is that what I think it is... that employee has Vaseline around the corner

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Justicealh3(m): 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2016
poshestmina:
Why not?
I tell virtually everyone thank you even my 2 year old nephew smiley
Maybe it's me but i'm used to always saying thank you so telling my boss won't hurt
Everybody use to say TY to whom ever E/She support to, but in this situation where u use ur energy to work for ur Boss, U o Em who need to say TY
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by missKiffy(f): 11:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
drnairalov:

What's that
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Bigtoto(f): 11:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
If it's ok then I for they write to CBN or IPPIS for sending my cash electronically.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by chloee(f): 11:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
talktonase:
nah desk payment them dey do for your office?
more than 80% of one man companies do this. To manipulate their books.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Kingzy4pep(m): 11:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
drnairalov:

I'm available to replace him if you guys wanna employ another person.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Ambi25: 11:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
It shows that you are responsible and an obedient employee
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by tosyne2much(m): 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
FroshGirl:
Its not RIGHT to say it - you work for it. its an obligation shaa...

Please, dont do tnat if you want to protect ur integrity (irony)
I disagree with you... So because you worked for it simply puts you in a position to collect your salary and walk away?

You really need to start viewing life in another dimension
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by timidapsin(m): 11:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
drnairalov:

Dont tell me those are dried up sperm cells?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by tosyne2much(m): 12:01am On Feb 21, 2016
In as much as it's not your obligation to say "Thank You", I think courtesy demands you at least say "Thank You" when you receive something from people even though it's your entitlement

As for me, I'm so used to saying "Thank You" whether you buy something from me or I buy something from you or you pay me my entitlement

Why are people making it look like a big deal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by drnairalov: 12:02am On Feb 21, 2016
timidapsin:
Dont tell me those are dried up sperm cells?? shocked shocked shocked

Ezactlee
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by drnairalov: 12:03am On Feb 21, 2016
missKiffy:

What's that

happy 18th in advance dear
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Panzerfaust(m): 12:07am On Feb 21, 2016
drnairalov:

ahahahahah!! This is so funny..All the ladies in that office would have fallen victim to his vaseline.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Funpeter: 12:09am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:
thank you all for all your Comment ... and for the person that ask,,, yes dey pay urs in cash,..
Is likely is a school.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by rhymesnoni(m): 12:10am On Feb 21, 2016
grin omi mi koko miko milala o.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by uk001: 12:17am On Feb 21, 2016
Hmmmmmm...omg...omo if dis kind qstn enter waec English theory F9 go plenty..to b sincere am still thinking of wat to input. Well..for me I tink courtesy demands u show a sign of appreciation by saying thanks, cos d@ simple xpression could lift u high and ignoring it might bring ur downfall shocked
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by suxplux: 12:22am On Feb 21, 2016
Interesting....what is the mode of payment? Were you employed to work pro bono? How long have you worked?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by sam90s(m): 12:28am On Feb 21, 2016
You can show gratitude for the trust he had in employing you, not the pay, cos you earned the pay.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:33am On Feb 21, 2016
Yes, very right
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by sameba(m): 12:34am On Feb 21, 2016
Issokay
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by sam90s(m): 12:36am On Feb 21, 2016
I swear whalahi I disagree grin
Appreciation can be expressed by putting in your best effort into the job, thanking him/her for the pay? Nah! It is directly linked to the job done, don't break that link, remember, if you're not happy with him or otherwise, you can't stop work and expect pay neither can he withold your pay if he's not happy with YOU, he can sack you not withold your pay.

uk001:
Hmmmmmm...omg...omo if dis kind qstn enter waec English theory F9 go plenty..to b sincere am still thinking of wat to input. Well..for me I tink courtesy demands u show a sign of appreciation by saying thanks, cos d@ simple xpression could lift u high and ignoring it might bring ur downfall shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by banmee(m): 12:38am On Feb 21, 2016
MztrChukwu:
A simple 'thank you' goes a long way in showing how courteous we are. Its simple acts like this that counts in the hearts of many. We know your salary is your right but showing gratitude when you're paid is one way of encouraging your employers and it also shows how much you appreciate your job.

Saying thank you only confirms one thing. The employee is a slave. It's a Nigerian mentality thing. In Nigeria the employer is more powerful than the employee hence the gratitude. The misconception is that the employer is doing the employee a favor by employing him forgetting that the establishment would be doomed without the employee. In normal societies, employers almost beg qualified people to come and work for them. Even people with no skill or education when employed, are incredibly powerful. You cannot just fire because you don't like someone. That is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by titiakins: 12:52am On Feb 21, 2016
You earned it
it's not like he dashed you
you worked for it
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 21, 2016
gudnight pals
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by omotonyx(f): 1:09am On Feb 21, 2016
To me its no big deal. Saying "thank U Sir or ma" wnt kill. Even if ur salary is been forwarded 2ur bank accout, still send an appreciation text message. Though its rear but its what am doing.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Godsonkemz(m): 1:20am On Feb 21, 2016
Though it's a sign of showing gratitude but it's shouldn't be imposed on you as a worker.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by DedeNkem: 1:25am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:
hello nairalander pls have been have this issue on mind for a while now.. I want to know if it's wright Or wrong to say thank you to your boss or employer when receiving your salary!!!

This same topic had been discussed here before.

If you can answer the following question, then you already know the answer.

When someone who owes you pays you, do you need to say "thank you"? My answer is NO. There's absolutely, no reason whatsoever to do that.

Your salary is your sweat and hardwork.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Ibukun003(m): 1:39am On Feb 21, 2016
Yes, you can/should say “thank you"

And a reasonable and down-to-earth boss should also say “thank you" back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo no, no, please it is not right. Just collect your salary and hiss 5 times to your boss. Malu! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Bank Pays Best? / 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.