Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? (29205 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2016
horllamy:

To me is necessary, because you can't just collect something from your boss and walk away like that .....if you do so, that showing you're disrespecting him.
Moreover to say thank you is not something that difficult like that.
I disagree wit u, it ur salary, u worked for it, so I don't its necessary.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Akaujaa(m): 11:38am On Feb 21, 2016
Except your boss thanked you for the work done, its absolutely unnecessary thanking him after he gives you your salary. However, being that Nigeria is a place where employees are treated like slaves, I suggest you thank your boss just for the sake of courtesy.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Boyooosa(m): 11:56am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:
hello nairalander pls have been have this issue on mind for a while now.. I want to know if it's wright Or wrong to say thank you to your boss or employer when receiving your salary!!!
U must say a big 'Thank You!'. The reason being that it is not worthwhile, working in an organisation your service is not appreciated, your boss should occasionally say 'thank you' to you most especially when you do your job impressively and exceptionally. If you are not working in such organisation, that means you are not doing a promising job. Then, to your question, if your organisation can appreciate you for doing what you are being paid for, you have a debt of saying 'thank you' when you are being paid for what you enjoy doing. Its a grace!
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by H2Ossss(m): 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
I say thank you even when collecting back money I loaned out... I guess its just a reflex action and courtesy
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by horllamy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
charliboy654:

That's for you
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by horllamy(m): 12:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
charliboy654:

That's for you even do you are working for it.... You need to say thank you sir, to shows that you are well train from home
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by emmatosure(m): 12:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Are dey paying yu cash in ur working place??
If yes,u can tnks him bt its nt necessary cus u worked for it.........
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
datGuyJoo:

Most logical thing I've read here. Nicely done
Thank You
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by idrissunny: 12:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nothing wrong bro but a plus to you because that go a long way to show how manner u a.
tdemo:
hello nairalander pls have been have this issue on mind for a while now.. I want to know if it's wright Or wrong to say thank you to your boss or employer when receiving your salary!!!
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by oluxy(m): 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
not good because u worked for it. had it been ur salaries is deducted, I guess u won't say tanx.

when ibwas doing IT, I do simply say 'it OK sir' and simply work off.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by menxer: 1:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
saying "thank you" is just showing gratitude to God for using a particular avenue (be it your employer, spouse, parent, sibling, friend or stranger) to add value to you life.

Imagine, i tell the waitress "thank you" after being served in a restaurant.
Gratitude goes beyond the monetary exchange.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by creepsyme(f): 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:
tnk u for wat?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by osomegbe(m): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
If my boss pays me directly by cash, of course I must say thank you. The way I was brought up, even if I worked for it. Some people worked for others and are not paid for several months.
Abeg, a thanks will not reduce you or put you at a disadvantaged point. Just say it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by mousco(m): 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
Thank u shud folo 4 hand to hand salary but alert salary na Godwin to ursef
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Sam0(m): 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
horllamy:

To me is necessary, because you can't just collect something from your boss and walk away like that .....if you do so, that showing you're disrespecting him.
Moreover to say thank you is not something that difficult like that.
Even the next day I still thank him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by igwegeorgiano(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
say tank ku for wetin. dem pay me for working for dem so y i go say thank you. abegi park well o.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by XaintJoel20: 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
drnairalov:
nope not necessary..u earned it

one employee was fired 2day in my work place.see what we found under his desk
What is this??
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Youngmaster0(m): 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
People who say thank you after being paid there salary basically cant do nothing for themselves aside the job the are presently working on: For the people who dont actually knows there value to the company/organization, unless your boss says these while payin you

Sir on behalf of the company i will like to tank you for a work well done dz month hia in these envelope is your payment for the month.

Then can you say thank you sir, if not kuku ma leave hiM office
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
Boring topic.. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by FreeBoss: 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
datGuyJoo:

You worked for the money?! didnt you? or did you beg for it?

It's a culture thing. It's good manners to thank people. In the business world no one cares. You deliver, you get paid. No harm done. We get caught up in mixing culture with business. works sometime, not everywhere.
forget about culture. i have staff on my payroll and i was once an employee in many companies b4 i finally disengaged. i grew fast because i added respect and loyalty to my work ethics and to my superior. we are talkimg of character here not culture
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 08, 2016
No, it's not right. Your employer is paying for your services. Your salary is your employer's way of saying "thank you for your services this month". So when next you get paid, tell your employer "you're welcome".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos) / 230k Job In Nigeria Or DAAD Scholarship In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.