Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? (29204 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / You’ve A New Job & Your Salary Is 850k But Your Boss Insults You Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by sylve11: 6:43am On Feb 21, 2016
talktonase:
nah desk payment them dey do for your office?

grin grin cool
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by datGuyJoo: 6:50am On Feb 21, 2016
akanbiaa:
Saying thank you is a three way thing and depends on the employer
1. One employer will see it as a sign that you are underperforming and sees your salary as a gift not earned by hardwork but attendance marking.
2. Another will see it as being appreciative of the Employers effort and value it.
3. Yet another will see it as eye service.

Most logical thing I've read here. Nicely done
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by dammytosh: 6:54am On Feb 21, 2016
One will assume "thank you" is simple enough not to generate this number of pages of opinions.

I say thank u to a cab man when i get to my destination so that should answer it all.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by captianfreeman(m): 7:04am On Feb 21, 2016
Why not? It only show courtesy nothing more. This is one of the little difference between man and animal.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by cosmicrayboi(m): 7:05am On Feb 21, 2016
yes, it shows humility, but i do A.T.Ms my boss dont even know wen i my transactions, so i dont boda abt thanking anybodi cry
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 21, 2016
Yomieluv:
Why would u say "thank you,didnt you work for the money ni?

Does your boss tell you thank you for doing your duties.

Its the reward for your labor,and not transfer payment.
funny as it may sound, my boss always says thank you whenever i finish a task. He also thanks us all for doing our jobs well and not giving him unnessary headache, during staff meetings., he thanks us for going thru the year with him. So its just normal for me to call and say thank you sir, whenever i receive alert.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by dragnet: 7:14am On Feb 21, 2016
what does it cost you to say thank you? $1000 ? else why does it necessitate worry ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by NemzySeries(m): 7:32am On Feb 21, 2016
Yomieluv:

#Epic response....._ stole dat frm me
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Abukc(m): 7:43am On Feb 21, 2016
It is normal you say thank you when you receive your wages or desk payment at the end of. Tthe month or work.But if na alert thank the bank manager for posting it in time. Ask yourself have You thank your driver whenever he stop for you at your bustop.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Ubanid(m): 7:49am On Feb 21, 2016
i did my job, he did his by paying me for my work well done, no need for the thanks. He will embarass me if i fail to do a good work. So am not saying that to him
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by alexlee50: 7:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Is he paying you by hand? If yes, then out of courtesy you could say thank you.it just shows politeness.if in your account, you don't need to see him
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by manie(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2016
datGuyJoo:

And therein lies the problem. You will let a great employee go. Whom has worked all month long. Comes into work on time. Works overtime when asked to. Is courteous and respectful to you and everyone, because the employee did not say thank you for the money he/she earned.

Lord I'm glad I do not have some people as bosses lol.

A worker who finds it difficult to say thank you to his boss for paying his salary as at when due, will find it difficult to say thank you or sorry to customers or clients who do business with them. Courtesy is important and attitude is everything.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by jascon1(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2016
LaurelP:
Saying thank you is like a reflex action whenever u receive something.
Just reason how it would be if u collected ur salary from ur boss and just walked out.
how would it be? What's the thanks for? Is your hard earned cash. Is not necessary, bro. We apply uncalled procedures in rubbish. Is not called for, he should say thanks to you, the staff rather. We accord so much adoration and morbid respect to people. Do your job and pay no homage to anyone, for you applied to serve the company not the boss.
I no blame ppl sha. na poverty and no job for town day cause this kind thing

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by cardoctor(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2016
Yes because without your boss, you won't have a job.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by bettercreature(m): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2016
kingofchess:
if u feel like, but, it is nt necessary
I'd fire you if i pay you and you refuse to thank me
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Blossom25(f): 8:28am On Feb 21, 2016
when u do the works u do in d office does he say thank you.....its not mandatory u say thank you....but he is d type dat always appreciate you wenever u do sth.....I think u should do d same wen he pays u
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by NRepublic: 8:29am On Feb 21, 2016
manie:

A worker who finds it difficult to say thank you to his boss for paying his salary as at when due, will find it difficult to say thank you or sorry to customers or clients who do business with them. Courtesy is important and attitude is everything.

Makes no sense.
If I'm a waitress and my job is to be courteous and I excel at it, it doesn't mean I want to thank my boss for paying me what I earned.

That's the difference between working in naija vs the abroad.
Come in. Do your job. Get paid. Not come in - do your job- beg your boss for your salary.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Johnterryfama(m): 8:41am On Feb 21, 2016
tdemo:
hello nairalander pls have been have this issue on mind for a while now.. I want to know if it's wright Or wrong to say thank you to your boss or employer when receiving your salary!!!
I think your question should be "is it socially right" .because some time we don't do things cuz of being right or wrong.
but to be social.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2016
Its not an obligation, but its damn right to do that. Just imagine a scenery and see ur self walking away after collecting ur salary without saying anytin.. DAT doesn't look nice nah.. THank you' is a kind word. Some boss sef will tell yu 'thank you' fr ur service even though they still pay you.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by mrakin(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2016
How can I say thank you to Lagos state government for prompt payment of salary? I don't know the number to call or text. Anyway I say thank you all the time to all those that give me any form of support, either I worked for it or not.

To all those reading my comments, thank you.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Pennywise(m): 8:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Others are saying thank you, and you refuse to say thank you?

There is a very thin line btw an ungrateful staff and a disloyal one.

Sometimes people say they were sacked over a none issue. Don't look at it that way. Just know say your cup don full.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by lakes99: 8:55am On Feb 21, 2016
courtesy i call it...........its allowed
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Ghost447(m): 8:59am On Feb 21, 2016
Yomieluv:

Yes, honestly each time I carry out an assignment in the office my boss always thank me. Moreover what do you stand to loose by saying thank you?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Elinob(m): 9:02am On Feb 21, 2016
Between you and your boss who have to appreciate easy other? Buh me I prefer boss.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 21, 2016
Hell No! thank you my butt! after working my butt off! na!, the only reason i am working is for the money. otherwise f'..k! my boss! what if he decides to owe you for 3 Months?
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Ibolt4m(m): 9:12am On Feb 21, 2016
For me..no fu--cking thank u.....I worked for it,I deserve it,it my hard earn money....if boss lyk make e vex hugs electric transformer grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Ibolt4m(m): 9:13am On Feb 21, 2016
gypsey:
Hell No! thank you my butt! after working my butt off! na!, the only reason i am working is for the money. otherwise f'..k! my boss! what if he decides to owe you for 3 Months?
gypsey:
...u sabi jor
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Dbeliever(m): 9:26am On Feb 21, 2016
IT IS NOT A BAD THING TO THANK YOUR BOSS WHENEVER YOU ARE PAID. BUT IT IS NOT A RIGHT NOR OBLIGATION TO DO SO. I MEAN YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO UTTER A WORD.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Sayelabola(m): 9:36am On Feb 21, 2016
smiley

Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by asalimpo(m): 10:31am On Feb 21, 2016
Nah. Dont be an average like all the others , mouthing a soulless word.
He's heard it so many times that it doesnt register.
Add extra to yours to standout.
E.g say, "thank you and God bless you".
His ears will perk up.
See, you caught his attention. He'll move you up in his good books.
He's thinking that you're about to go.
Stay on and add "may, your pocket never run dry. May your company make more money than you ever imagined" etc.
Try to be sincere and convincing (practice bf a mirror ) .
- give him/her a tip to buy beer/suya/recharge card
(outta feigned gratitude)
- at this stage, you're permanently noted and have earned more points than if you said a mere "thank you"!
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Murcy(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2016
Yes, is rigth. And even the boss support to say thank you too.
Re: Is It Right To Say Thank You To Your Boss When Collecting Your Salary? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 21, 2016
poshestmina:
Why not?
I tell virtually everyone thank you even my 2 year old nephew smiley
Maybe it's me but i'm used to always saying thank you so telling my boss won't hurt
now say thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / Rochas Construction Company Worker Dies In Building Site (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.