Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,615 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread (65244 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2009
Phony200:

Emperoh
I don tire for that Chimp2Shrimp o. Where you come go since morning? England have saved themselve from Dike tonight. Imagine Spain losing to Macedonia 2- nil, this world nah wa. Thank God they salvaged it like England. Be like say tonight nah comeback night grin grin

O boy i dey ooh!! I was just busy with office work coupled with the terrible power situ at me end.
Spain? I think dey got a curse in SA during the confederations cup!! To lose to macedonia a nonentity in world football is worse than disgrace
England get luck. DikeNaziKanu for don murder dem!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 7:56am On Aug 13, 2009
Cristalz:

Hm. . .a game thread coulda been created for this game. Anywayz, no wahala.

@TKB
Now I know Nani got injured. I meant then, at the time he was taken off, I didn't understand why. Twaz after the game I got to know he was injured.

Is it just me, or does Chic2pimp bear some semblance to Switch47? undecided grin
i nearly asked yesterday.

den don ban switch? grin grin

Mancs
I guess if Brown is fit, then we dont have any wahala.
Fabio, Brown, Rio and Evra will stand tall against Barcelona or Real sef, so no shakings

Phony200
ill ask Criz to help me PM my YIM to you
you be funny guy. i don laff tire at ur responses to Chimp grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 13, 2009
oops wrong united
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by MrCrackles(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

oops wrong united

I laugh in Cotonou grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Tmoni(m): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2009
You will soon be laffing in Isoko,

when Arse-anal dnt get champions league money and have to auction their star players,

But wait a minute, who are the star players, Versatile Eboue or Good Ol' Reliable Senderos ,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2009
Tkb
No mind that Chic2PimpShrimp2Chimp. Hin no gree sleep last night. My dumb internet has bounced me to night plan so can anyone update us on the Reds day out yesterday. Last I heard, Evans is injured, Fletcher was captain of the scottish wreck last night and Tosic grabbed a brace.
Fbs
France? Raymond Domenec makes Ladan Bosso feel like a world-class genius in comparison. He's slower than a pregnant snail on crutches. The players had better advise him to quit or frustrate him out.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 10:04am On Aug 13, 2009
@Tmoni
Van Rapist, Gallas, Asharvin, Fabregas, Eduardo and Walcott
They stil have some good players surrounded by some apprentice grin

Phony200:

Tkb
No mind that Chic2PimpShrimp2Chimp. Hin no gree sleep last night. My dumb internet has bounced me to night plan so can anyone update us on the Reds day out yesterday. Last I heard, Evans is injured, Fletcher was captain of the scottish wreck last night and Tosic grabbed a brace.
Fbs
France? Raymond Domenec makes Ladan Bosso feel like a world-class genius in comparison. He's slower than a pregnant snail on crutches. The players had better advise him to quit or frustrate him out.

dude will soon come o grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by mukina2: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2009
Phony loony and HempError make una kuku free me oh grin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 12:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
tkb417:

Mancs
Fabio, Brown, Rio and Evra will stand tall against Barcelona or Real sef, so no shakings

We are ready to take on Birmingham City.
Brown is fit and Nani got 20 mins for Portugal last night. . . . .With the way he played, i doubt he dislocated anything on Sunday.
Johnny Evans is a doubt though.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tkb417(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

We are ready to take on Birmingham City.
Brown is fit and Nani got 20 mins for Portugal last night. . . . .With the way he played, i doubt he dislocated anything on Sunday.
Johnny Evans is a doubt though.
so Nani played last nite?
impressive!!!!!!!!!

dont give 2 fcks about Evans, Vida and VDS
we've got Brown, Fabio, Rio and Evra
I hope Rio is mentally stable to play for us cos wht he did yesterday nite, he shldnt try it with us o.
why do they like to pass the ball to the back in England? same thing they did to Foster tht the boi at a point couldnt clear the balls?

wassup with Raphael? are we gonna have the twins fit at the same time?
wanna see them on d field together this season.
any news on Ando? dude wasnt even on d bench against Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by HNIC(m): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2009
tkb417:

He was having his braids fixed for the new season! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
tkb417:

i nearly asked yesterday.

den don ban switch?
grin grin

Mancs

Phony200
ill ask Criz to help me PM my YIM to you
you be funny guy. i don laff tire at ur responses to Chimp grin
look @ dis silly boy grin grin.,laffing like a hyena gerraway jor tongue cool. Abeg I no know anyone wey dem call switch ooo wink grin grin grin. I no blame una sha. I don talk say u and phony dey some sort of relationship. Berra come out and tell NL members wot is goin on ooooo wink winkgrin grin cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2009
Phony200:

Tkb
No mind that Chic2PimpShrimp2Chimp. Hin no gree sleep last night
tkb417 link=topic=294608.msg4343869#msg4343869 date=1250154292:

@Tmoni
Van Rapist, Gallas, Asharvin, Fabregas, Eduardo and Walcott
They stil have some good players surrounded by some apprentice grin

dude will soon come o grin

. My dumb internet has bounced me to night plan so can anyone update us on the Reds day out yesterday. Last I heard, Evans is injured, Fletcher was captain of the scottish wreck last night and Tosic grabbed a brace.
Fbs
look @ dis mutetes gosippin bout me. Una no get shame dat una dey gossip like obinrin cheesy grin. I dey come back come deal with una agberos laterz angry angry angry cool cool.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Phony200(m): 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2009
C2S
Quick come o. I full ground dey wait you.
I'm glad Nani is fit again. It's a real bonus for us towards the season opener. Evans must not be rushed, He always comes in handy during the rush period.
Muki Mukeke
I hold you before? grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
tkb417:

so Nani played last nite?
impressive!!!!!!!!!

He played for 20 mins and he was so impressive.
I even saw him push a player cos he was angry how he got tackled.

dont give 2 fcks about Evans, Vida and VDS
we've got Brown, Fabio, Rio and Evra

And if Birmingham injures one of the defence unit?

I hope Rio is mentally stable to play for us cos wht he did yesterday nite, he shldnt try it with us o.
why do they like to pass the ball to the back in England? same thing they did to Foster tht the boi at a point couldnt clear the balls?

It's because English players have no natural ability.
They are so predictable. . . . . .Once they receive a pass in an awkward position and they get closed down, they pass back.
For those Latino players, they can turn 360 and bail themselves out. . . . .Capello has to teach English players how to evade closing down.

wassup with Raphael? are we gonna have the twins fit at the same time?
wanna see them on d field together this season.

Rafael copped a minor injury but Fabio is better. . . . . .I am yet to see him beaten.
Anderson has a big season ahead of him. . . .Fergie is bidding his time to unleash him on those Arses later in the month.
United can win it four in a row but a lot depends on Berbatov, Nani and Anderson to find those goals.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Pataki: 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

United can win it four in a row but a lot depends on Berbatov, Nani and Anderson to find those goals.
Are those the latest holy trinity now? grin Your die-hard passion has blinded your eyes to the truth. How can you state Nani was impressive yesterday night? I am looking forward to the disgrace Birmingham will dish out to you guys. Even tubabie is ready to host me for the weekend.

Where is my Sweet little Cristalz? undecided undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pataki:

Are those the latest holy trinity now? grin Your die-hard passion has blinded your eyes to the truth. How can you state Nani was impressive yesterday night? I am looking forward to the disgrace Birmingham will dish out to you guys.

Not in a million years. . . . . .Rooney is ready for WAR. cool

Even tubabie is ready to host me for the weekend.

Our chics don't roll with GAYnners.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pataki:

Are those the latest holy trinity now? grin Your die-hard passion has blinded your eyes to the truth. How can you state Nani was impressive yesterday night? I am looking forward to the disgrace Birmingham will dish out to you guys. Even tubabie is ready to host me for the weekend.

Disgrace did you say? No way!
We have had cause to play with leaner squads and we still got our results.
We would win . . . . . . . the worst is a draw.
Its not like the Brummie boys are in the best condition, at least they just lost their wonder coach that brought them up here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by mukina2: 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2009
Hemp i hope you wont post in our thread sha with that horrible colour grin tongue

when season starts, any posting in Arsenal thread should be by special invitation.

this is the season to get rid of vermins and hemp dealers, drug pushers, loon on the lose and the likes tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
mukina2:

Hemp i hope you wont post in our thread sha with that horrible colour grin tongue

when season starts, any posting in Arsenal thread should be by special invitation.

this is the season to get rid of vermins and hemp dealers, drug pushers, loon on the lose and the likes tongue

U go hear weeeeen on Saturday. . . . .
All Mancs will be camping out in your thread for the Arsenal game. . . . .in different languages.
Vietnamese, Chinese, German, French and even Wollof. . . . .Failure to cop 3 points on Saturday?? Cheeeeeeiiiii
I go take dissing finish una. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Pataki: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2009
tubabie:

Disgrace did you say? No way!
We have had cause to play with leaner squads and we still got our results.
We would win . . . . . . . the worst is a draw.
Its not like the Brummie boys are in the best condition, at least they just lost their wonder coach that brought them up here.
You have perfected mouth making from Sauron. grin Footie is not based on event occurrences. Or have you forgotten this was also the same story with Chelsea? grin Do you people learn from history at all? cheesy

Have you made ready my suite for this weekend? You know my requirements, don't ya? grin

~Sauron~:

Not in a million years. . . . . .Rooney is ready for WAR. cool

Our chics don't roll with GAYnners.
You just like deceiving yaself, don't ya? Rooney is wasted and finished. No Ronaldo, NO ROONEY. That is a FACT. cool

Ur chics? grin One of them is camping in my tabernacle next weekend. grin Keep on brooding them, while we gunners fire their arses up! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2009
They are so predictable
. . . . . .Once they receive a pass in an awkward position and they get closed down, they pass back.
For those Latino players, they can turn 360 and bail themselves out. . . . .Capello has to teach English players how to evade closing down.

This is impressive!!!!! So you know this all along and you were just wasting my time arguing how clueless English players are.

I think those bans have yielded positive results
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by dayokanu(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2009
Thank y'all for the birthday wishes

Germany gave me the perfect birthday gift 2-0 win yesterday but Defoe spoilt it by equalising against Holland.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

U go hear weeeeen on Saturday. . . . .
All Mancs will be camping out in your thread for the Arsenal game. . . . .in different languages.
Vietnamese, Chinese, German, French and even Wollof. . . . .Failure to cop 3 points on Saturday?? Cheeeeeeiiiii
I go take dissing finish una. grin
LWKMD!!!! Tell her even masai language speakers!!!

mukina2:

What of hemp buyers like MUKI MUKEKE!!! Anthrax distributor? Success and failure has no common ground!!
How can Rev. King invite Obama to his house? It should vice versa and the former will be treated with levity and scorn tongue tongue tongue
Pls your privilege of Visiting the Manc thread is because you are a super mod if not. . . . . you for don hear nwiii!!
Let it not get into ya head ooh!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2009
dayokanu:

This is impressive!!!!!  So you know this all along and you were just wasting my time arguing how clueless English players are.

I have never argued about English players having the natural skills that come with Latino players.
The England team has no flair. . . .just like the Germans. . . .TBH, i think the Germans are even worse with flair but are very effective.
Germany is like Chelsea under Jose Mourinho. . . . .Boring but highly efficient.

Pataki:

You just like deceiving yaself, don't ya? Rooney is wasted and finished. No Ronaldo, NO ROONEY. That is a FACT. cool

Rooney is finished? Where is your evidence?

Ur chics? grin One of them is camping in my tabernacle next weekend. grin Keep on brooding them, while we gunners fire their arses up! grin

GAYnners are homosexualz. . . . . .The ones that are not are eunuchs.
I can leave ma wife in the shower with any GAYnner. . . . .I am 100% certain they cannot shoot STRAIGHT. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by tubabie(f): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2009
Pataki:

You have perfected mouth making from Sauron. grin Footie is not based on event occurrences. Or have you forgotten this was also the same story with Chelsea? grin Do you people learn from history at all? cheesy

Have you made ready my suite for this weekend? You know my requirements, don't ya? grin

Make up your mind jor, You tell me footie aint based on "event occurrences" and in the same breath tell me to learn from history?
Av u been smoking ur Wenger licensed weeds again? cheesy
How can you call Rooney a waste? Seriously  . . . . . . I would ignore your other comments!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2009
~Sauron~:

They are so predictable. . . . . .Once they receive a pass in an awkward position and they get closed down, they pass back.
I think say u dey follow dayok skool of bashing da english until I read ur post below.
~Sauron~:

I have never argued about English players having the natural skills that come with Latino players.
The England team has no flair. . . .just like the Germans. . . .TBH, i think the Germans are even worse with flair but are very effective.
Germany is like Chelsea under Jose Mourinho. . . . .Boring but highly efficient.
thank GOD u came back to ur senses.
dayokanu:

This is impressive!!!!! So you know this all along and you were just wasting my time arguing how clueless English players are.

hehehehe grin grin grin. I know blame u sha . I blame the english dat come into una country and flogged una yanshes well well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Tmoni(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2009
Hey Guys, i just saw this on the Manc Group on fb, hilarious

Footballers life on facebook

-----------------------------
Rio Ferdinand: going to hit the Amsterdam cafes before the game, who's in?
Gareth Barry likes this
------------------------------

Bobby Zamora rejected Phil Brown's friend request
Fraizer Campbell rejected Phil Brown's friend request
Marc-Antoine Fortune rejected Phil Brown's friend request
Michael Owen rejected Phil Brown's friend request
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsene Wenger is not worried about his lack of transfers this summer as he has internal solutions 1 hour ago

Alexander Song Billong likes this
Visakri Diaby likes this
Denilson likes this
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joleon Lescott has to go to work tomorrow : ( 13 minutes ago

Craig Bellamy has joined the group Money is ruining football

- Benjani likes this
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Aquilani: Oh no! I've just had my new house robbed!!!
Steven Gerrard, Jerzy Dudek, John-Arne Riise, Lucas Leiva, Dirk Kuyt, Peter Crouch, Jose Reina and Daniel Agger like this
-------------------------------------

Sat'day random drinks n' antics LOLZ

Ledley King has been tagged
---------------------------------------

Ashley C can't find his fone, can some1 give it a buzz for us?

Jermaine Jenas likes this
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Roque Santa Cruz is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Craig Bellamy is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Carlos Tevez is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Emmanuel Adebayor is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Robinho is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Benjani is looking forward to starting on Saturday
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven Gerrard hopes his 'groin' injury clears in time for Sunday z
Yesterday at 20:03 · Comment · Like

Ben Foster Ditto z
------------------------------------------

Joleon Lescott became a fan of money.

Gareth Barry likes this
-------------------------------

Marcus Bent is hoping to start at Old Trafford - 1 hour ago
Sir Alex Ferguson Likes This.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Goram became friends with Andy Goram
-------------------------------------------------------

Jamie Redknapp is literally on facebook
--------------------------------------------------

Frank Lampard is LOLing at Stevie G - 3 hours ago 3 comments

-Steven Gerrard ****** off Lamps

-Rio Ferdinand oi oi epic banter lads

-Steven Gerrard did he dedicate the banter to his Mum
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Ashley My evil plan is almost complete.
Niall Quinn & Peter Reid like this.
-------------------------------------

Glen Johnson is looking at new toilet seats in B&Q
------------------------------------------------------------

Tomas Rosisky is fit and loving life! can't wait for the new season 1 week ago

Tomas Rosisky is depressed
3 days ago
---------------------------------------------

Samir Nasri is watching Top Gear on Dave. Cheers Abou
------------------------------------------

David Moyes is skint

Mark Hughes likes this
---------------------------------

Didier Drogba poked Jens Lehmann 3 years ago

Jens Lehmann went down holding his face

----------------------------------
Rio Ferdinand feels like a prick after his mistake tonight 10 mins ago
Dirk Kuyt likes this
------------------------------------
mark hughes sent jolean lescott invitation to join the group 'Mancity'

invite was rejected

-----------------------------------
Steven Gerrard has created a group, "Court, it's fucking easy!"

Eric Cantona does not like this
Joey Barton does not like this
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Sauron1: 2:56pm On Aug 13, 2009
EXEGESIS OF DAVID VILLA

After all of the to-ing and fro-ing, rumours, counter-rumours and deals reported to be done, David Villa looks to be staying put. Remarkable as it seems, one of the most talked about commodities in the summer transfer market is expected to line up for Valencia against Sevilla when La Liga begins at the end of August, rather than Real Madrid, Barcelona or, indeed, in the Premier League.

The rumours may rumble on with Manchester City, Liverpool and Manchester United all supposedly still looking to sign the striker yet Villa himself has confirmed he will not be appearing in the Premier League. English clubs always suspected that he had no intention of joining them in any case.

Chelsea's representative, Juan Cruz Sol, emerged from Mestalla earlier this summer and threw in the towel, insisting: "Villa wants to go to Madrid." Negotiations between Madrid and Valencia ultimately broke down over money with the Valencia president, Manuel Llorente, insisting that Villa was not for sale unless someone makes a "scandalously scandalous" offer but that should not offer renewed hope for the Premier League.

There is nothing to indicate that missing out on moves to Madrid and Barcelona will change Villa's mind. "I have made a decision," he has said, "and that decision is that I will play in Spain next year. I am not going abroad."

For the Premier League, it is a huge pity. Make no mistake, Villa is one of the best strikers in the world. Possibly the best – and he will be looking to prove it when Spain play Macedonia tonight.

Asked whom he preferred out of Kaká and Ronaldo, the Spain coach, Vicente del Bosque, replied: "Villa." Of course he would say that, but he had a point. The most extraordinary thing about the transfer battles involving Villa this summer is not that Valencia wanted more than €40m (£35m) for Villa after Madrid had spent €94m on Ronaldo but Madrid were not prepared to pay it. But then, the club's director general, Jorge Valdano, said: "There are players who generate money and players who only have a footballing value."

Villa is a miner's son whose father was involved in two serious accidents in his home town of Tuilla in the principality of Asturias, famous for the 1934 revolution. His grandmother was called Libertad (Liberty) and her father was nicknamed Trotsky. But he is not mediático. "There are players who have done half of what he has done and been treated like stars," says one of his former colleagues privately. The "unlike Villa" goes without saying. "But," he adds, "in the end, David's stats are incontrovertible."

That is true. But the stats have always been hugely impressive and it has taken a remarkably long time and, fundamentally, a European Championship success with Spain – for Villa to be recognised. It is striking that this is the first summer that there has been a real auction for him.

Although Real Oviedo turned him down for being too small as a kid and Pepe Acebal, who gave him his debut at then Second Division Sporting Gijón, recalls that he initially lacked the stamina to have a real impact and had to be given his chance bit by bit, Villa's capacity for work was "unrivalled". A local derby stands out in which, as a 19-year-old, he tore Real Oviedo apart. He scored 18 league goals in his first season for Sporting, 20 in 2002-03.

At Zaragoza, in his first season in the top flight, he was named the revelation of 2003-04. He got 39 in two years and has not stopped since. He became Valencia's best ever debutant with 25 in his first season. And last season he equalled the club record, held by Mario Kempes, with 28.

With Spain, for whom a call-up was long overdue, he was top scorer at Euro 2008, despite missing the final and most of the semi-final. He got three at the 2006 World Cup, even though Luis Aragonés inexplicably withdrew him before the hour mark in all three of his starts. And as Villa himself says: "I make an effort to be ready, fit and alert in the last 15 minutes – that is when most goals are scored."

This season, undisputed at last for Spain, he has scored 13 in 12 internationals, reaching 31 in 48 caps. He is just 13 behind the country's all-time top scorer Raúl. And he has played over 50 games fewer.

When he missed a penalty against South Africa in the Confederations Cup, it served only to confirm that he is fallible. The sensation did not last long: 23 seconds later, he made amends with a brilliant goal. It came from a familiar source: out of nothing. The mind was cast back to Valencia's trip to San Siro: one Internazionale defender complained that Villa had "made us look like idiots, all on his own".

The key to his game is movement, says Acebal – desmarques de rotura, the ability suddenly to shake off defenders, made him stand out. Just ask England's centre-backs who never seemed able to fathom where he was in Seville earlier this year. "He had great technical qualities. His first touch was superb and, although you can never be sure someone will make it, you could tell he was talented. He makes very clever diagonal runs, breaking away from defenders," Acebal says. "And he invariably made the right decisions. He is very intuitive."

Then there is the coolness, the precision in front of goal. "He's very ambitious but extremely calm," adds Valencia's assistant coach Juan Carlos Carcedo. "He is never nervous; he exudes confidence."

According to his international team-mate Xabi Alonso, Villa "is a born goalscorer: quick, clever and strong, superb with both feet". The ambidexterity is a product of a broken femur when he was a young boy: with his leg in plaster, Villa was thrown the ball by his dad over and over and he kicked it back with his unplastered (weaker) leg. He is, Alonso continues, "a striker who barely needs a second to release a shot". Even if it is on the halfway line: his best came against Deportivo de La Coruña, when he hit a 50 yarder … on the turn.

He has scored free-kicks, headers, volleys, chips and screechers. There is a certain obsessiveness about him. "I can't remember every goal," he says, "but if I sat down with a pen and a piece of paper, I'm sure I'd remember most of them." There are a hell of a lot to remember. There are 168 league goals, despite not playing for one of the country's very best sides. Valencia have finished fifth, 10th, fourth and third in the seasons Villa has spent there; Zaragoza were 12th twice. Over the last five years, only Samuel Eto'o has scored more goals than him. And Eto'o only has six more – in a team that racked up 129 more than Villa's sides. Then there's the fact that for most of that time he has taken Valencia's corners and free-kicks – and however good a player is he can't head in his own crosses.

And that's the thing: it is not just about the goals. Villa is an exceptional footballer – "a phenomenon, the best in Europe", says the five-times Pichichi winner Quini – who has played as a centre-forward, on the left of a front three, behind the striker or in a typical 4-4-2. And he has succeeded in all of them. He has helped his team succeed in them all.

"I like him best between the two centre-backs because that gives him the greatest options when it comes to making runs but it doesn't matter to him. For a striker he is remarkably lacking in ego," says Acebal. "If he sees a one-two, he'll take it rather than shoot. He is very intelligent." Carcedo agrees: "Strikers are defined by the goals they score but Villa has a wider repertoire. He drops to the wing, opens the game out for others, is quick and incisive and has an eye for a pass."

It is no exaggeration. In his first season at Valencia, he provided more assists than anyone except Pablo Aimar; in 2006-07 he gave more assists than anyone in the whole of La Liga. He is not just a striker, he is an attacker – "the complete attacker", according to Michael Robinson, the former Liverpool player and now Spain's most significant television pundit. "Villa," he says, "has absolutely everything." Except, as yet, the cheerleaders his abilities deserve

FERGUSON. . . . .Please buy this PLAYER.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by Emperoh(m): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2009
TMONI!!

L W K M D. . . . I no come see Ancelotti own!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by mukina2: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2009
Footie news grin

when will vida be fit? anyone?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread by chic2pimp(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2009
well done jare mukina for cleaning up the thread. cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (101)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (6 - 3) On 2nd October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.