Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,814 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake (1685 Views)

Ugandan Couple Die After Wall Collapsed On Them While Sleeping (Disturbing Pics) / My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Rightchuks(m): 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
WHY do people sweat MORE while SLEEPING unlike when AWAKE.
whether night or day.

For instance someone in the office that was not sleeping under normal temperature will start sweating when he sleeps either with the head on the desk or relaxing back in to the office chair he is sitted on.

I have been wanting answers and haven't understood this.
Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
Im not a medical personel but i will try and explain by typing this:

metabolism takes place faster @ nights than in d day and so dats a reason for d sweat and dats d same reason for u getting hungry easily in d morning despute d fact u ate well d previous night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2016
akinsal:
Im not a medical personel but i will try and explain by typing this:

metabolism takes place faster @ nights than in d day and so dats a reason for d sweat and dats d same reason for u getting hungry easily in d morning despute d fact u ate well d previous night.

I don't think so. I think your metabolism actually slows down at night when you sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
Night sweats , also known as sleep hyperhidrosis , is the occurrence of excessive sweating during sleep. The person may or may not also suffer from excessive perspiration while awake.
One of the most common causes of night sweats in women over 40 is the hormonal changes related to
menopause and perimenopause . [1] This is a very common occurrence during the menopause transition years and while annoying, it is not necessarily dangerous or a sign of underlying disease.
While night sweats might be relatively harmless, it can also be a sign of a serious underlying disease. It is important to distinguish night sweats due to medical causes from those that occur simply because the sleep environment is too warm, either because the bedroom is unusually hot or because there are too many covers on the bed. Night sweats caused by a medical condition or infection can be described as "severe hot flashes occurring at night that can drench sleepwear and sheets, which are not related to the environment." [2] Some of the underlying medical conditions and infections that cause these severe night sweats can be life-threatening and should promptly be investigated by a medical practitioner.

That's from Wikipedia
Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Nitefury: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
Fortissimo:

I don't think so. I think your metabolism actually slows down at night when you sleep.

The effect sleep has on metabolism (Anabolism and Catabolism) is more complex than just being less active. Factors like an individual's body composition and diet have greater effect on metabolism during sleep. E.g Fat people usually have higher Catabolism (meaning they burn more calories at rest/sleep) than slim people hence they sweat alot when sleeping.

Again there's the effect of the room temperature where the individual is sleeping.
Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Rightchuks(m): 3:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
x240:
Night sweats , also known as sleep hyperhidrosis , is the occurrence of excessive sweating during sleep. The person may or may not also suffer from excessive perspiration while awake.
One of the most common causes of night sweats in women over 40 is the hormonal changes related to
menopause and perimenopause . [1] This is a very common occurrence during the menopause transition years and while annoying, it is not necessarily dangerous or a sign of underlying disease.
While night sweats might be relatively harmless, it can also be a sign of a serious underlying disease. It is important to distinguish night sweats due to medical causes from those that occur simply because the sleep environment is too warm, either because the bedroom is unusually hot or because there are too many covers on the bed. Night sweats caused by a medical condition or infection can be described as "severe hot flashes occurring at night that can drench sleepwear and sheets, which are not related to the environment." [2] Some of the underlying medical conditions and infections that cause these severe night sweats can be life-threatening and should promptly be investigated by a medical practitioner.

That's from Wikipedia

I am particular about someone sleeping during the day.
Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
Fortissimo:

Its relative. abeg consult google...
Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Nobody: 3:33am On Feb 22, 2016
akinsal:

Its relative. abeg consult google...

I have. Abeg read the section on time of day. Thank you. http://www.livestrong.com/article/489157-does-your-metabolism-slow-down-at-night/
Re: Why Do People Sweat More While Sleeping Unlike When Awake by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2016
Fortissimo:

I have. Abeg read the section on time of day. Thank you. http://www.livestrong.com/article/489157-does-your-metabolism-slow-down-at-night/
Wahreva... no time to argue...

(1) (Reply)

100 Years Old Twins Ladies Celebrate Birthday / Chores For Little Children Around The House. / How To Know If She Or He Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.