Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists (31259 Views)

Buhari Insists: Aisha Belongs In My Kitchen, She Should Stay Out Of Politics / Blame IBB For The Weak Naira-buhari / 1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by jordyspices: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2016
Buhari my man

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Willgates(m): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2016
J
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Caracta(f): 9:43am On Feb 21, 2016
For local industries to grow, we need stable power supply.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by jane0000(f): 9:45am On Feb 21, 2016
ApcSucks:

Common sense e no dey 4 ya skull.... go do economics you refused.... all ye apc janjanweed with empty skull a day of reckoning is coming for yall
No single sense for all dis rubbish u type here. Why bring on ur analysis Mtcheww.

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by 989900: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
[s]Please.
Don't devalue the naira.
I want $1 to be 2,000 naira.
I've been busting my ass working in the USA just to be very rich in Nigeria.
Some people hate the fall of naira but that's what Nigerians living in the USA pray for.
When i come back to Nigeria with $25,000, do you know how much i will exchange it for ??

I will worship you forever if you don't devalue the naira.
Buhari is the only person i love in this world and i hope he rules Nigeria for 90 years[/s]

Get some education.

8 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by kenzysmith: 9:50am On Feb 21, 2016
Sir the only way to increase the naira is to step down for a more competent person cause you don,t even ve an idea hw to increase the value just reading written script for us every time

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by banki(m): 9:50am On Feb 21, 2016
godoluwa:
lmao, naira is already devalued. theres inflation in prices of every commodity including those that has nothing to do with forex e.g bread

Sometimes when you don't know something just shut up!

Bread is almost 70percent forex if you don't know let me tell you

The main ingredient for producing bread is wheat, wheat is among the 40items ban by buhari which is good! Now wheat farms in nigeria are booming!

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by repogirl(f): 9:50am On Feb 21, 2016
Bobskylo:
is it nt best d naira is bin devalued n be stable dan dis every minutes degrading?

i kip on saying ...,.......

presidency under buhari is totaly vissionless, misionless, directionless, emotionless, motionless etc..........

ONLY GOD GO HELP US FOR DIS KIND WAHALA WE CARRY OURSELVES GO PUT FOR NAIJA!!!!!!!
in summary, Boooohari is Useless!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by UrbanMystique: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2016
godoluwa:
lmao, naira is already devalued. theres inflation in prices of every commodity including those that has nothing to do with forex e.g bread
although price or size of bread still remain the same at my end, but the increase in commodity is as result of devaluation from 155 to 199 at then end of gej's tenure..

If buhari devalues naira any further, you won't be here talking.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Devaluation or not ,Nigerians want a good standard of living,job availability,security and healthy economy.The government that came with so much promises,hw quickly they begin to renege and disappoint the masses that massively voted for change.Is this really the change they have for us?
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by TedBaker(m): 9:53am On Feb 21, 2016
Strong man. Hold on boss. We will get there, even if its afta 2yrs. We will get there.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by UrbanMystique: 9:54am On Feb 21, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Please.
Don't devalue the naira.
Some people hate the fall of naira but that's what Nigerians living in the USA pray for.
When i come back to Nigeria with $25,000, do you know how much i will exchange it for ??

Buhari is the only person i love in this world and i hope he rules Nigeria for 90 years
ignoramus grin

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by dustydee: 9:54am On Feb 21, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Please.
Don't devalue the naira.

Buhari is the only person i love in this world and i hope he rules Nigeria for 90 years
If we don't devalue, how will the price hit N2000?
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by TedBaker(m): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2016
UrbanMystique:
although price oror size of bread stikk remain the same at my end, but the increase in commodity is as result of devaluation from 155 to 199 at then end of gej's tenure..

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by TedBaker(m): 9:55am On Feb 21, 2016
UrbanMystique:
although price oror size of bread stikk remain the same at my end, but the increase in commodity is as result of devaluation from 155 to 199 at then end of gej's tenure..

Bro bakeries depend heavily on flour imported, some from as low as Ghana
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by UrbanMystique: 9:57am On Feb 21, 2016
TedBaker:

Bro bakeries depend heavily on flour imported, some from as low as Ghana
lol.. Nigeria is the biggest flour producer in west Africa.

Though might not be enough for consumption in Nigeria alone, but we don't rely much on flour importation..

Besides, banning stuff like that would increase local production.
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 21, 2016
Since he can't diversify the economy and get immediate results den devaluation is the last option. When the naira is 1,000 to 1 dollar he will hv no option bt 2 devalue the naira.
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by babadem2much(m): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2016
Good move PMB this will help in strengthen our economy there by boosting local production.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Iroh88(m): 10:00am On Feb 21, 2016
DonBobes:
Let dem keep wailing, we will not devalue the Naira!
Gbam!!!
Abi oo!! They are just trying to force Baba to pull the trigger while the barrell of the gun is pointed at his head, feigning genuine patriotism.

I think this should settle it. If no one likes this position Baba has taken, they should approach the supreme court- at least they have judges sympathetic to them there. cheesy

Baba says his three major objectives are:

1. Securing the country.

2. Reviving the economy.

3. Stamping out corruption.

I love this man! smiley

10 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Nobody: 10:01am On Feb 21, 2016
onatisi:

Thank you. Devaluation of the naira would have had positive impact on the economy if it was done early or middle if last year in addition to the several measures taken by the smart intelligent cbn gov,but what we had was a president who his party claimed was on political honeymoon and was busy globetrotting all over the world. Hr wasted 7 solid months before finally choosing an economic team by which the matter had gone out of control and hand ,now the devaluation of the currency is meaningless and senseless because the currency has been devalued already and the gap between the official rate and black market rate is too wide . Nigerians will suffer a lot for this but maybe in the next 5 years things will turn around or just like u said a miracle happens in the middle east. Lets pray Saudi,Iran,Iraq and Russia all go to war on the same day

Not sure you followed PMB's argument. Devaluation only helps exporting countries because it makes their goods and services more competitive on international markets. So what are we devaluing for when we import socks? Are you saying that a mono product import focused economy can be retooled into an export focused country in 7 months? That's impossible. We are already seeing some green shoots; proforce won an export order to Libya for MRV's, a company in the east recently won a large export order for agricultural products while an ibadan based company won a $9mn order for corn starch export. These are the reported cases. My own small financial data company makes 15,000 pounds sterling in overseas sales. It will take a few years but we will get there, oil or no oil. We have the numbers and the acumen. What we have lacked is motivation and now we have it at 500+ to pound sterling

9 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Btruth: 10:01am On Feb 21, 2016
Supported.

Come and buy our local rice, but if you choose to buy foreign rice, no complain say the price don go up ooo because of dollar. It's a matter of choice now.

God bless Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Gydion(m): 10:01am On Feb 21, 2016
PMB shld keep quiet and let them keep debating on devaluation, he is hurting the economy more by him saying he won't devalue. He shld shut up and not to devalue
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by godoluwa(m): 10:03am On Feb 21, 2016
UrbanMystique:
although price or size of bread still remain the same at my end, but the increase in commodity is as result of devaluation from 155 to 199 at then end of gej's tenure..

hehehe? anyway, i no dey chop bread bt amala & gbegiri

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 21, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
Please.
Don't devalue the naira.

and wen u bring in ur plenty dollars 2 buys things in Nigeria, inflation which is taking place now will reduce ur money 2 nothing cos lots of money now buy fewer goods.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by Iroh88(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2016
Sibrah:
Buhari is on the right track here. No devaluation is needed. Let the dollar account of all exporter fund the import needs of importers.

What we have had is a case of govt giving out dollars from oil sales to importers who add no value to the system but help promote capital and employement flight.

Nigerians have been net consumers for too long, if you are truely productive and reasonably competitive, sell your products and services to the dollar market and buy what you need with the dollar earned, not you going to govt for dollars.

Buhari can't subsidize every toothpick, mascara, toothpaste, noodle, DSTV subscription with non-existent Dollar that isn't his fault. Importation of those things means a foreigner is employed for its production and the wealth generated in Nigeria has been transferred to the foreigners hand for the forseeable future.

For even offering to give hard earned Dollar out at a low rate to importers of certain items is a plus from the Buhari govt. If you are productive and competitive on global standard, then earn your own dollar.

What we are paying for today isn't really oil earning reduction but lack of productivity and global competitveness in time past.
Tell them!!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by ojesymsym: 10:06am On Feb 21, 2016
How does one get this rice in bulk?
Btruth:
Supported.

Come and buy our local rice, but if you choose to buy foreign rice, no complain say the price don go up ooo because of dollar. It's a matter of choice now.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by jazzy4naija(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2016
Dont worry baba your policies are devaluing the naira enough
Re: I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists by RichYoungNigger(m): 10:06am On Feb 21, 2016
herbie27:
and wen u bring in ur plenty dollars 2 buys things in Nigeria, inflation which is taking place now will reduce ur money 2 nothing cos lots of money now buy fewer goods.

No.
Only imported goods will be affected by inflation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Omoyele Sowore Walks Out Of Bond FM During Interview As The GM Tries To Censor / 2019: Buhari Turns To Oyo In Move To Secure South-west Votes / Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.