Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,462 members, 7,954,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:56 AM

Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers (35925 Views)

Italy Oil Firm, ENI To Repair Port Harcourt Refinery / Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariaria Shoemakers / Why We Label Our Shoes Made In Italy, China : Aba Shoe Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by manyr4luv: 11:26am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:
Sorry I didn't read the write up but I know the answer.

Because rich men does not patronize made in Aba, and poor men want to be like rich men
So just deceive the poor with made in Italy, all will be well.
Those rich men who are our leaders are FOOLS!!! A minister of education will say "Nigerian education system is backward" yet he/she sends their children abroad for studies. FOOLS!!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by bodee(m): 11:30am On Feb 21, 2016
maz1:
I am team made in nigeria. Let's believe in our capabilities and shun mediocrity. We are one Nigeria and so it shall be. And we will be great as one. #buymadeinnigeria
yes ooo
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by modath(f): 11:33am On Feb 21, 2016
FTBOY:
hohoho....i laugh! and you want me to believe that the pair of shoes you posted is worth 5k?

Not at all, it's 1k tire shoes... my five boyfriends drop 2h each to complete the mo sef.. see the other one, dem gather buy for me for falantain's day join the akara & choco milo in place of cake & chocolate.. smiley

Shey you can agree with me that I need an Aba shoemaker to upgrade me. smiley

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:40am On Feb 21, 2016
decatalyst:
Its inferiority complex or lack of zeal to standout!

Some Aba shoe products are as good as any other shoe around the world but it beats my imagination that they produce and place another label on it in order to sell it. So sad...i blame this on the populace orientation tho

#TeamBuyNigerianProducts
did u read the content before commenting?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by chachazzy(m): 11:46am On Feb 21, 2016
Why "made in Aba"? What happens to "made in Nigeria"? We always like shooting ourselves and screaming blue murder. China, Japan, US and other countries use their country name as emblem on their different products. Is Aba a country? Na wa oo.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:52am On Feb 21, 2016
the man talk say make una help them take the msg to the president and una dey here dey criticize am ..... umunne m unu ahula nsogbu anyi bu ndi Nigeria
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by zanga420: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2016
RichDad1:
Mandillas boys.

Btw, it should be labelled "Made in Nigeria" cos Aba is just a town that's unknown outside the shore of this country.

To all iPods that wants to attack me, check other climes. It's always "made in USA" made in China" made in UK" made in EU" "made in Ghana" and so on.
u're very correct. Anyone that wants to say otherwise should prove it with sound logic.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:56am On Feb 21, 2016
ckmayoca:

10- 30 usd shoes plenty for UK store well well and before naira lost its value, it's was not up to 5k. Our travellers bring them down and sell for 7-10k claiming it's us and won't last 2wks if wore daily.
cheap UK shoes won't last either, aba will be better sef.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by honourhim: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
If Nigerians should replicate what they did to our music industry in other things we produce., things will be better. We patronize our music now far more than foreign music than we did some 10 years ago and our musicians are now smilling to the banks. Including companies that have anything to do with music production and entertainment industry as a whole. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by nigerianvenom(m): 12:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
In 2009,i bought an aba made suit for 10k,im still using it till date.
People do doubt that d suit is aba whenever i tell them
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

I'm talking real Italian leather not regular high streets shoes...the argument is not about quality, it's the name & catchet "ITALIAN" made.. dazall.

I dont know why people quote & comment without full understanding of the context!!

Nothing is wrong with 3k shoes, I buy knockabout slippers of 2k but do you really believe genuine Italian leather shoes could ever retail at even 10k?

It's like a lady paying 8k for a bag & believing it's real Michael Kors/Coach/Fendi/Marc Jacobs / Channel/ Gucci bag just cos the name is emblazoned on it....

Aba shoes quality is not the Topic, it's the branding...

Don't mind them.
Quality leather don't come cheap at all.
Italian shoe for men costs from 40k upwards .
Most less than 10k shoes in naija are aba made . Some are China as well
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
hilltop93:

Cultivate reading habit please. The op didn't mention any of those things you are guessing.

The write-up didn't catch my attention and has not still done that...
Its not about reading habit
I don't have interest in what the write-up says but rather I just said what's on my mind....

That's why it was stated in my post that I didn't read, so when I say something contrary to the write-up, the likes of you wont come after my head....

The heading was a question and I gave my own answer. tongue
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
zanga420:
u're very correct. Anyone that wants to say otherwise should prove it with sound logic.
What will be better I'd, made in Aba ,Nigeria
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Boss13: 12:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Heart2heart:
heading to aba soon to replenish my wardrobe a little. Aba is were i buy clothes, even bespoke ones and it would take me eternity to find another person wearing same thing. I get a lot of admirations for my attire. People wanna know were it was made and who made it. when i say my aba designer, u hear "come on, be serious naa". Me na aba brought up oo, so i know what that city has got.

One day my boss bought Pams for 14k at one boutique in ph, i told him this same pams would go for much less in a boutique i know in A-line and powerline. He rhapsodized how the footwear was italian made. I told him in no disrespectful way, sir this pams is made in bakassi, Aba. He said the quality was just way beyond what can be made in Nigeria. He never knew the ingenuity of those guys in aba...

I strolled into aba and searched for it in those boutiques i know well in my years in ariaria. I got fit for 3k. Took the receipt (something i never do).

Wore it on a friday to office, my boss wan faint. He knows too well that back then i cannot cough out 14k on pams (glorified slippers). He saw the receipt, to even butress my point, i told him you can even speak to the seller on phone since his contact was on the receipt. I think the aba craftmen should just stick to their name and fly it. They are as good as that...people who export their shoes to europe, i wonder why the complex.

I agree with you 100 percent. The creativity of the shoe makers and fashion designers in Aba is out of this world. If promoted, they will compete with the Italians

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Eversoul(m): 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
Full support. Naija forever
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Boss13: 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

I'm talking real Italian leather not regular high streets shoes...the argument is not about quality, it's the name & catchet "ITALIAN" made.. dazall.

I dont know why people quote & comment without full understanding of the context!!

Nothing is wrong with 3k shoes, I buy knockabout slippers of 2k but do you really believe genuine Italian leather shoes could ever retail at even 10k?

It's like a lady paying 8k for a bag & believing it's real Michael Kors/Coach/Fendi/Marc Jacobs / Channel/ Gucci bag just cos the name is emblazoned on it....

Aba shoes quality is not the Topic, it's the branding...

The process of extracting leather from animal hides is the same. Leather is leather. The difference is manufacturing process. Which can be sorted out by providing adequate finance for the Aba shoemakers.

Also, the names you called are brand names. People patronizing them are paying a premium price for the brand because they want to differentiate themselves. There is nothing so special with the Gucci or Hermes Bag, just the brand and I must admit they have leverage and can employ creative designers into their studio.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Malawian(m): 12:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
decatalyst:
Its inferiority complex or lack of zeal to standout!

Some Aba shoe products are as good as any other shoe around the world but it beats my imagination that they produce and place another label on it in order to sell it. So sad...i blame this on the populace orientation tho.

For those quoting me, check out from the write up:

"He explains further: “Initially, as I said earlier, in the early 80s, we were labelling our products as “Made-in-Aba” because we had no challenge then. When the Chinese flooded our markets with their shoes, we found it very difficult to sell and sustain our families. To be able to sell our products then, we were compelled by the attitude of Nigerians to label our products “Made-in-China” because our customers believed that the Chinese shoes were superior."

Government policies also play a vital role in small scale business development in Nigeria.

#TeamBuyNigerianProduct
u no read where Una go sign bilateral agreement with China?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by CSTR2: 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
Agubushmenyo:
My fellow Aba people, let's consider some points that will move our market:
1) Let's make peace with the Federal Govt, they hold the key to our success. If they Ban importation of shoes, we will sell faster and better.

2) Let's us be wary of Ben Bruce and Saraki, they are using us to score cheap political points because the Economy is Bad!

3) Let's advertise our products well and look for other means to sustain ourselves!

Meanwhile:
Shoutout to all those who copy and peep in the exam hall... Even those who manage to graduate from the University and those who tried with ND results and Still come here and Type "Buhari is a Dullard" just to get some likes! I hail una..
You are sick in the head.
Dumb political jobber.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Mopolchi: 12:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
tolugar:
I bought a 3k slippers, Aba made.

I've been rocking it in & out since 2012
My advice to you is you need to get a new one. You wan wear for life?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by kay29000(m): 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Can't blame them, they have to make ends meet..but anyone buying a 5k shoe & believing it was really made in Italy is a joker.. smiley

Shish!!! Don't spoil my business na! lol!
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by decatalyst(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
Malawian:

u no read where Una go sign bilateral agreement with China?
And u no carefully read my comment?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
RichDad1:
Mandillas boys.

Btw, it should be labelled "Made in Nigeria" cos Aba is just a town that's unknown outside the shore of this country.

To all iPods that wants to attack me, check other climes. It's always "made in USA" made in China" made in UK" made in EU" "made in Ghana" and so on.

If they label their products 'made in Aba',they would've succeeded in 'tribalising' such products and for that reason,some Nigerians will not patronise them. I won't pick any made in Aba product; I prefer made in Nigeria. It is this type of mentality that has pushed Igbo people to their present political predicament. They are just too tribal.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by kraftykc(m): 12:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nikapetrelli:
Didn't read much about d topic.Happy sunday

*sigh

You mean the post not the topic.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
manee2:
too long, AM NOT PATIENCE ENOUGH to read dat shit.. some1 shud summarise pls
Maybe for lack of patience, you've not been able to sit in class and learn good English. grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Elxandre(m): 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
chachazzy:
Why "made in Aba"? What happens to "made in Nigeria"? We always like shooting ourselves and screaming blue murder. China, Japan, US and other countries use their country name as emblem on their different products. Is Aba a country? Na wa oo.
Thank you bros.
If one wears this Made in Aba products to Ghana, where people don't even know such town exists, it's a futile effort at promoting home made goods.
Made in Nigeria is more appropriate.
I mean have you ever seen a made in Washington label ? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by mekusboy4all(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
one of the problems we are having in this country is that we don't believe in our capabilities. i can remember when people abroad use to think that Nigerian is a state or town inside ABA. ABA was so great in those days. but now it is not something to talk about. we are the ones causing problems for our selves. made in ABA products are far cheaper and more durable than most foreign products. the earlier we start being proud of our products the better it will be for us and our crashing economy.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Elxandre(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Boss13:

The process of extracting leather from animal hides is the same. Leather is leather. The difference is manufacturing process. Which can be sorted out by providing adequate finance for the Aba shoemakers.

Also, the names you called are brand names. People patronizing them are paying a premium price for the brand because they want to differentiate themselves. There is nothing so special with the Gucci or Hermes Bag, just the brand and I must admit they have leverage and can employ creative designers into their studio.
You are wrong.
Leather's aren't the same!

Maybe you think its only cow skin used to make these products.
The Linda Ikeji Birkin bag by Hermes was made with crocodile skin (could take up to 3-4 crocs skin to complete).
Imagine how much it would cost to manufacture that bag.

Though brand name also inflate the price a bit.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Ecoterrorism(f): 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:
Sorry I didn't read the write up but I know the answer.

Because rich men does not patronize made in Aba, and poor men want to be like rich men
So just deceive the poor with made in Italy, all will be well.
aGbam
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by larrypourl(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
I buy anything I feel comfortable with, either aba or anywhere. But try adopt made in Nigeria to promote sales.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by chrisnero(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
Aba have always displayed ingeuniuty since antiquity. I hail my town. The next world Focus. Abuja home of modern criminals, Lagos home of resellers, Aba home of creativity.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by MrImole: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
tonynickson:
Patronise locally made products for our economy to grow. Let Government create enabling ground. And ban all importation of leather products. My opinion. #i love the aba spirit. If u do too. Click one like

There is no way I can click two likes.
grin grin
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by modath(f): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
Boss13:

Boss, try & comprehend my points before rushing to fault my argument....

There is nothing like all leather are the same..

Capitalists all over the world on their own source for start up "capital"/ "resources" & any profit (-tax) that accrues to them is entirely theirs , it is not the responsibility of the state(s), all the state can do is just provide favourable biz conditions... e.g oplace heavy tax on imported shoes.

No matter how cheaply the leather was procured, a top quality handbag can't be bought for 10k... The designer bags cost upwards of 200k+ & I only used them as illustration cos ladies are carrying around 6k "chanel" bags & you can't tell them nothing despite the glaring bags of errors they are carryoing around (Pun intended smiley) ....

No matter how we try to slice & dice it, a good Italian shoe (not brand name Fendi, Feraggamo, just regular good quality) won't sell for 5k while 10k won't get anyone a good handbag either.....

Try & digest my point before picking holes... thx.

Cc elxandre .. nice point,thx .. have you watched leather goods production process as well? I have, it's pure craftmanship..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ShopRite Denies Leaving Nigeria / UBA Office In Victoria Island Is On Fire! (photos/video) / United States, EU Report Nigeria To World Trade Organization.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.