Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar (2166 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Aisha Alhassan's Support For Atiku Over Buhari / PDP Settles For Atiku & Fayose As Presidential Candidate & VP Respectively - SR / I Dumped Nyako For Atiku Because He Gave Me N500 Million- Adamawa Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
in recent times, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce has become the self acclaimed common sense propagator in our National politics. Every tweet, every online political commentary that seeks to redirect people's consciousness seem to have at least 70% of them coming from Senator BMB as many people would prefer to call him.

So, I decided to take a closer look at what might be the man's present political value and what his chances might look like in the politics of 2019. In this article, i will look at four possible reasons why Ben Murray-Bruce may most likely be positioning himself for the Vice Presidency position come 2019 and why I think his most likely boss and running mate will be Atiku Abubakar.

1. Both Murray-Bruce and Atiku Abubakar are both politicians who have carved a niche for themselves in the politics of Nigeria and have National relevance in the grand scheme of things. Hence, running for President and Vice President is not off the mark.

2. Presently, Ben Murray-Bruce looks like the only Nigerian politician who have created serious relevance for himself in the hearts of Nigerian young people and his popularity seems to be growing day by day. Add this to the fact that his choice as VP will add the required North-South to an Atiku Abubakar Presidential bid and you will be making very practical calculations.

3. Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has never buried his Presidential ambition and is only bidding his time. However, he will want to boost his personal credibility with that of a running mate who seems to be getting more and more acceptable everyday. Murray-Bruce has no EFCC charges against him, he has no pending court case and is perceived as being politically 'clean' by most people. His present '#buynaijatogrowthenaira campaign is infact another feather to his cap. Atiku will want to exploit this.

4. Both men have are considered by many to be men who have the love for the country at heart. Though Atiku's love for the Nation might be in some question, his investments in the country speaks volumes about his belief in our Nation. Whatever Atiku lacks in this area however, Bruce's outspoken love for our Nation will appropriately cater for.

It is clear that the North will rightly retain the Presidency. In the bid to retain that position however, Atiku Abubakar looks like a good option for them in 2019 (whatever party he decides to run from). The balance this ticket requires is a Southerner with wide acceptance across many divides. Ben Murray-Bruce seems to be the most appropriate Southerner at the moment, ceteris paribus!

I am hoping to see this ticket once the 2019 politics begin to take shape....ATIKU/BRUCE for President/VP....

But what do I know? It is just my opinion though!

cc: lalasticlala
Ishilove
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by asorocker: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Isn't this a second class mentality, what stops Nigerians from electing him the president of the country, why must Nigeria remain cursed like this

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Is Atiku Abubakar still eyeing that seat?
God I beg oh

2 Likes

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
3things you must know as a nigerian
1.Atiku can never ever be president..
2.Oga commonsense can never smell aso rock.
3. An abokii can not be president in 2019.
thus saith the deliverer.
dalu.

3 Likes

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
angry angry
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by dukie25: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
I hope Atiku's not thinking of vying again.

Atiku's a no no for even me a diehard PDP supporter.

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by AngryNigerian(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
Bruce can be a Minister for all I care! One man I would love to go up there...

Dr. Akinwumi Adesina...President, AfDB!

But...ha ga-ekwe kwanu?

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by teufelein(f): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
Commonsense Revolution By Senator Ben Murray-bruce, Download A Copy Here, HOT!!!

Entire Book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79NQeYGrJOYVzhZSGxNc18tOWc/view?usp=sharing

Cover page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B79NQeYGrJOYWXRLdzZVYmVSOGM/view?usp=sharing
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
God know that Atiku can NEVER be President of Nigeria. In fact, his candidacy is as good as dead!

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu remains the most credible choice for PDP in 2019. Another choice that we should consider is Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe state. Ibrahim Shema of Katsina would have been another good pick but the fact that he's from the North-West makes his candidacy unlikely and unfair to North-East. I'd have loved Dr Kwankwaso to switch to PDP and slug it out though he's from the NW.

For Vice President candidate, it will be appropriate that the South East produce the candidate for fairness and equity. If no SE, then the SW should have the nod.

#MyOpinionThough

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by babyfaceafrica: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
Imagine atiku and obamanikoro?...chai ..Op u no know anything really!!!

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
God know that Atiku can NEVER be President of Nigeria. In fact, his candidacy is as good as dead!

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu remains the most credible choice for PDP in 2019. Another choice that we should consider is Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe state. Ibrahim Shema of Katsina would have been another good pick but the fact that he's from the North-West makes his candidacy unlikely and unfair to North-East. I'd have loved Dr Kwankwaso to switch to PDP and slug it out though he's from the NW.

For Vice President candidate, it will be appropriate that the South East produce the candidate for fairness and equity. If no SE, then the SW should have the nod.

#MyOpinionThough

That's always my issue with tonyebarca.....why thinking that only muslim hausafulani must always be our president when all they do is oppression, hypocrisy and looting?

What of core Northern christian with a muslim VP from South? States like adamawa, taraba, kaduna, Bauchi, Yobe niger, nasarawa, borno,gombe and Kebbi all have sizeable christian population. Or is the north mainly mainly of hausafulanis??
Wake up man! Ben Bruce should rather have Atiku as his Vice and not the other way...

2 Likes

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Anwonspee(m): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
Wake up if you're dreaming please. Ati what? Can't we learn anymore? Will experiencing hard times continue to be our teacher?
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by solid3(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
I don't want Atiku, Ben Bruice is more like it for president 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Two criminals

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Rossikk(m): 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
solid3:
I don't want Atiku, Ben Bruice is more like it for president 2019.
What exactly has Ben Bruce done to deserve being president of Nigeria? Being a light skinned half caste is not a qualification. Is he the one paying you ignorant, stup.id dullards with colour complex to promote his ambition? Slaves.

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by PassingShot(m): 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

#MyOpinionThough
Surprised that you could even think that any other Northerner apart from PMB could be considered or favoured by the South in 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by highpriest4: 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
Why not BBM for presido, or are u people from that side addicted to playing second fiddle, or better put, are allergic to first position

Disgusting slave mentality
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by igwe44(m): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
So only the hausa/fulani can rule nigeria,south east or south south don't have any capable person to be president. Seriously this is why I hate the hausa/fulani,they think that ruling nigeria is their birthright.
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by solid3(m): 5:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rossikk:
What exactly has Ben Bruce done to deserve being president of Nigeria? Being a light skinned half caste is not a qualification. Is he the one paying you ignorant, stup.id dullards with colour complex to promote his ambition? Slaves.

Hmmmm, I can see u not comfortable with me expressing my opinion. If you take a closer look u'll see u need to see a doc quick.
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Rossikk(m): 5:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
solid3:

Hmmmm, I can see u not comfortable with me expressing my opinion. If you take a closer look u'll see u need to see a doc quick.
And you need to see a psychiatrist, you insolent twit. You think the presidency of Nigeria is determined by who has the lightest skin colour? Stupi.d slave idiott. Until one of you cretins can tell us WHAT Ben Bruce has done to deserve the Nigerian presidency or Vice Presidency, you stand condemned as slave minded dunces with zero 'common sense'.

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by scribble: 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
Dead on arrival

The only election atiku can ever win is popularity contest in adamawa

Ben Bruce as a main candidate is doable

Nigerians need common sense
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Rossikk(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
scribble:
Dead on arrival

The only election atiku can ever win is popularity contest in adamawa

Ben Bruce as a main candidate is doable

Nigerians need common sense
No, YOU need common sense. Where was saviour Bruce when PDP were looting billions from the treasury? Only after they lost election, he developed 'common sense'. Umu anuofia. No wonder he says you need common sense because he knows you're stupi.d and easily fooled by his antics.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by scribble: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rossikk:

No not because he is light skinned

Because he's making sense

More sense than the exchange rate
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by scribble: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rossikk:
No, YOU need common sense. Where was saviour Bruce when PDP were looting billions from the treasury? Only after they lost election, he developed 'common sense'. Umu anuofia. No wonder he says you need common sense because he knows you're stupi.d and easily fooled by his antics.

It's APC that fooled Nigerians

Into poverty and squalor

Are you happy things are like this?

Buhari government only favours the poor and nothing for the middle class

But we are people too
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Rossikk(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
scribble:

No not because he is light skinned

Because he's making sense

More sense than the exchange rate

Abeg get lost. Where was his 'common sense' when his party were looting the nation dry? Billions of dollars are still missing as we speak. Damn goat with no common sense.

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by scribble: 6:05pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rossikk:
Abeg get lost. Where was his 'common sense' when his party were looting the nation dry? Billions of dollars are still missing as we speak. Damn goat with no common sense.

I'm not talking about the common sense Amaechi used to loot rivers dry or what Jagaban and his henchman Fash did in Las Gidi.

I mean when naira was strong and investors were working with us

Not the dullardismo of bubu and his gang of rogues

1 Like

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by dammiecool(m): 6:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
Make he govern balyesa first
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by tsdarkside(m): 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
abominaion!!!....

a halfcast lead us.....never will that happen.....

i rather have jonathan back than choose an halfcast......ewu,,,,....
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by solid3(m): 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
Rossikk:
And you need to see a psychiatrist, you insolent twit. You think the presidency of Nigeria is determined by who has the lightest skin colour? Stupi.d slave idiott. Until one of you cretins can tell us WHAT Ben Bruce has done to deserve the Nigerian presidency or Vice Presidency, you stand condemned as slave minded dullards with zero 'common sense'.

Why will I bring to call someone names for expressing his opinion for God's sake? It seems obvious u are all what u call me. If you've been paid, to do this I feel sorry for u.

As for me, being a leader of myself I know a little about intuition and it informs my decisions most times which have always yielded good results.

Do you know Ben Bruce? Do u know his pedigree and antecedents? How comes he's the most vocal senator on social media and as well offline?

Now let me make this clear, I will be one of those that will call on Ben Murray Bruce to contest for president come 2019 and if he will answer the call, I will do everything in my power to ensure that people rally behind him.

Ben Murray Bruce for President 2019
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

#MyOpinionThough

TonyeBarcanista raised another possible formation. But personally, I believe Ribadu does not cut the kind of politician image the PDP will want to bring forward. The dude seems to be a little dull politically. Atiku has more political value and they are from the same State.

The other part of the calculation is, the politics of 2019 might be a little divergent from the APC/PDP dichotomy that we would ordinarily expect....things might get a little more interesting as a new party might just emerge. That is why my calculation crosses the two-party borderline bringing Bruce and Atiku together.

We will all wait and see anyway!
Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by modath(f): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:

Surprised that you could even think that any other Northerner apart from PMB could be considered or favoured by the South in 2019.

Don't be surprised, he doesn't understand that not everything can be gleaned from blogs/online, some things need real life experiences / convos...

He actually posited in the run up to the 2015 polls that Ogun politics was firmly under the grips of Osoba & he was going to take SIA to the cleaners... cheesy

He also claimed Ladoja was the Don Dada of OYO!! Wish he hadn't deactivated that moniker, you for laugh ehn...

Barca is a friend in my head but he is a comedian most of the time...

BTW, I love the comeback you gave that fellow about "poverty"... so matured!!! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 - Ben Murray-Bruce Will Make A Good VP For Atiku Abubakar by Rossikk(m): 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
solid3:
Do you know Ben Bruce? Do u know his pedigree and antecedents? How comes he's the most vocal senator on social media and as well offline?

What is his pedigree? Tell us. What has he achieved? And I don't mean in his personal business. If we are to elect people based on their business success, there would be thousands of people in line before him. So WHAT has he achieved? And please don't tell us that he is ''vocal on social media''. Even two-a-penny crackheads and dropouts are ''vocal on social media''.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Monarch And Chancellor Of FUT Minna Hails Biafran Agitators / Photo Of President Buhari's Wife Mrs Aisha Grandfather, Muhammadu Ribadu / Chadian Officers Say Nigerian Soldiers Are Too Scared To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.