Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

What Are These Autonomous Sources Of Forex? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are These Autonomous Sources Of Forex? (1059 Views)

CBN Resumes Sales Of Forex To Bdcs / Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today / Ex-employees Accuse BUA Boss, Abdulsamad Rabiu Of Forex Round-tripping, Tax Evas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are These Autonomous Sources Of Forex? by Sunnycliff(m): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Since the central bank has pegged the $:# ratio at not more than 1$:199# officially. But the margin in real time markets is above #370. With a wide margin of over #150 per dollar as profits.

Many economists and other financial analyst and experts have complained bitterly about the forex margin. In defense, the CBN through it's Corporate Communications Dept has insisted that they don't give forex to BDCs and some restricted imports. Rather that BDCs are allowed to source forex from Autonomous Sources.

My questions are; What are these autonomous sources? What is their role in the falling naira and inflated prices of foreign goods? How best can they be utilized to rescue the falling naira?

Critical minds are expected in this rational discussion.
Re: What Are These Autonomous Sources Of Forex? by hymanflex(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Since the central bank has pegged the $:# ratio at not more than 1$:199# officially. But the margin in real time markets is above #370. With a wide margin of over #150 per dollar as profits.

Many economists and other financial analyst and experts have complained bitterly about the forex margin. In defense, the CBN through it's Corporate Communications Dept has insisted that they don't give forex to BDCs and some restricted imports. Rather that BDCs are allowed to source forex from Autonomous Sources.

My questions are; What are these autonomous sources? What is their role in the falling naira and inflated prices of foreign goods? How best can they be utilized to rescue the falling naira?

Critical minds are expected in this rational discussion.

bro, good afternoon, I need your help now nd I know you can can do it for me.
with due respect bro, the 2016 Mr nairaland election is ongoing, nd I need you to please help us with the dream of winning the elections.

the voting thread is

https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

just type" I vote falconey Cc: NLjega"

the voting continues tomorrow and the grand finale will be held on Wednesday.

I am trusting you for this bro.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bag Of Pure Water Is Now #200 In Enugu / Oyo Government Seals Off Agbowo Shopping Complex, Tenants Cry For Help (pics) / Get Your BPP Certificate As Fast As You Want

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.