Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina (1528 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / EFCC Arrests Fake Femi Adesina (Photo) / That Moment When Ghanaians Are Wishing Buhari Was Their President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
As the tenure of the President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor comes to an end in July, tension is mounting within the Christian community, as a group of Christians under the auspices of Christ Redeemers Union, has claimed that the Presidency was interested in CAN election for some reasons.

The Christian group alleged that the President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government and All Progressives Congress (APC) has concluded plans to install a Northern successor after the tenure of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor ends.

The National Director of CRU, Dr. Ebenezer Abednego, told journalists on Sunday in Abuja, that Christians would resist any plan by the Presidency to install anynody in CAN Presidency.

“Our determination to resist Buhari and APC in determining who becomes President of CAN is a battle of no retreat, no surrender. A top official in the Presidency, who is spearheading the campaign, has started deploying resources for logistics towards ensuring the emergence of a church leader in the
Northern part of the country believed to be friendly to Buhari.

“The government official funding some religious leaders in the North who have been recruited as foot soldiers to perfect the strategy. There is tension now in CAN and the action of the Presidency has polarised the association along North –South dichotomy as Northern religious are being lobbied to support the plot,” he said.

Olusola alleged that the APC government is desperate to ensure the emergence of its candidate in CAN who will lead the Nigerian Christians community

“We have it on good authority that any leader being installed by the Presidency in CAN would avoid any virulent criticism of the Buhari government and this has informed their desperate to install a leadership that will not be critical.

“But we are vehemently opposed to government meddling into a purely religious affairs and should the Presidency succeed in installing an APC/Buhari stooge in CAN, we will pull out of CAN.

We are ready for them, we have it on good authority that some Muslim leaders from the North are behind the plot. But by the power in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, every knee shall bow and they won’t succeed,” he said.

However, when contacted, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Communications, Mr. Femi Adesina, dismissed the allegation, saying Buhari does not interfere in the internal affairs of any organisation.
He said,

“It means that some Nigerians do not know their President; Your President, Muhammadu Buhari does not interfere in things like that; so they need to know the person who is their President.

“The people making the allegation can not insist that they are correct, because that is the man for you and Buhari does not interfere in anything. If he does not
interfere in State elections where his own party, APC is having candidates, how will he interfere in CAN elections? They do not know their President.”

http://www.leadership.ng/news/503275/can-election-christians-accuse-fg-apc-plot-install-northern-president

1 Like

Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by fiftynaira(m): 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
Everything politics thank God catholic wash hand commot

1 Like

Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by jane0000(f): 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
Must they blame Buhari for everything? undecided

2 Likes

Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by Flexherbal(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Can we separate politics from religion?

1 Like

Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by themilanway(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
jane0000:
Must Buhari be involved in everything? Haba undecided

What and what have has he been involved exactly?Some of you won't stop running leaky mouth like tap.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by LRNZH(m): 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2016
Flexherbal:
Can we separate politics from religion?

That's what Adeshina is saying.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by GudluckIBB(m): 7:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
jane0000:

If you don't know what to say, can't you just shut up?
Why did he not mediate in Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Abia and Taraba supreme court judgements?

Is CAN presidency now more important than Governorshiip Election?

Reason with your head rather than youur anus!
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2016
BuyNaijaBelieveNaija. Stop fighting in the name of foreign Gods. Let's rock Ogun, Sango, Amadioha, Ekwensu, Anyanwu.

Jerusalem and Mecca no concern black man. Pastors chop chop, Alfa chop chop, our shrines dey die, church and mosque dey big.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by Clemzzz(m): 8:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
Get life.Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord &Saviour!
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by amaechi1: 9:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
O no there they go again. Please, the bad blood some shenanigans instituted between religious divide towards the build up to the election is yet wean away and they are raising another dust.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by jonathanOz: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2016
This 2016 is full of drama. When did the leadership of CAN become politics between north and south? I thought CAN is divided into blocks? Catholic, PFN, Protestants or something like that. The politics has always been between these blocks and not a North-South thing. Or is APC's change affecting CAN too?
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by jane0000(f): 10:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
GudluckIBB:

If you don't know what to say, can't you just shut up?
Why did he not mediate in Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Abia and Taraba supreme court judgements?

Is CAN presidency now more important than Governorshiip Election?

Reason with your head rather than youur anus!
Comprehension is ur problem dude.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by jane0000(f): 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
themilanway:

What and what have has he been involved exactly?Some of you won't stop running leaky mouth like tap.
calm down n read my post again. I mean must they blame Buhari for everything I think comprehension is ur problem.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by GudluckIBB(m): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
jane0000:
Comprehension is ur problem dude.

Fine girl like you, you just want to pull outmy legs.

Must we blame buhari for everything? I think we rather pray for the country and her leaders rather than blame game.

Sorry for my bashing.

I have sent you a pm
Hope you will reply me!

Fine girl,better pikin!
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by lawydewy(m): 10:53pm On Feb 21, 2016
jane0000:

Madame! correct your statement.

Must they involved Buhari in everything?
Everything now is buhari!

I want to sleep O! na buhari?

I wanna go toilet na Buhari ?

House want to go market, na Buhari?

Nigerians are immorally funny!
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by chat2deen(m): 10:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
When pastor bling bling supported GEJ becos he is a southern/friend y una no complain? Politics n Religion in Nigeria, Almighty give us wisdom in our daily affairs,amen.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by sparrowkid: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
These people are not serious at all. They have "chopped" their own when they have a Southern Christian President. When the north now has a Northern Muslim President, their southern counterparts don't want to allow them "chop". Abeg bad belle na bad medicine.
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by themilanway(m): 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
jane0000:
calm down n read my post again. I mean must they blame Buhari for everything I think comprehension is ur problem.

Sorry ma'm.I take those words back
Re: CAN Election, Some Nigerians Do Not Know Their President - Femi Adesina by blazer234: 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
I don't t see anything bad if a northerner becomes CAN president. Aren't northern christians part of the CAN family? What do Christ Redeemer Union expect Christians from the north to feel about their utterances? This is shameful. And it makes me wonder if it is the Holy Spirit that is directing CAN or some rotten human spirit.

The motto of CAN is "that they may be one". Where is the oneness in that ungodly utterance by CRU?

(1) (Reply)

Bailout: 28 States Get Over N373 Billion In 5 Months – FG / Federal Government May Soon Ban Christian And Muslim Prayers At Pub Functions / Read What Fayose Said To Goodluck In May 2015 & Then In May 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.