Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,367 members, 7,861,012 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market (13175 Views)

PHOTOS: Abuja Residents Protest Demolition Of Gosa Market / Hope Rises For Kaduna Textile Over Planned $15 Million Investment / Planned Kidnappers Of Femi Otedola Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by goodlifehyd(m): 8:36am On Feb 22, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by demielvis: 8:39am On Feb 22, 2016
pastormellanby:
Lagos is always making headlines, if there is any demolision the next thing you will hear is that it is targeted at their tribe but if the same thing happens in kano, they no born them well to make noise, leave tribal sentiments out of it.
Chai!

Nzuzu di ojoo.Onye ara bu onye ara finally.

SMH

3 Likes

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 22, 2016
Tribalistic will say something undecided
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by ceejay80s(m): 8:43am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
Seriously? just 14 days to move? why do i find it difficult to believe?

Lagos State is not like other States in Nigeria, and usually the State try to work within the Ambience of the Law and that is why this Story sounds strange. Will wait for for the State's version of the story.

Meanwhile.

Without meaning to throw Jabs at some people, this man fainted, woke up and took everything in his stride, and yes he is Yoruba. If it was some mischievous ones, who eat from the same plate of food with Onyeka Onwenu, they would have said they were targeted because they are very successful, and that is why the Oba Of Lagos wanted them to swim in the Lagoon without any Scuba diving gear.

There are the Markets in Lagos, and then there are the Rules of Laws that traders must adhere to.

I am very certain the APC Government of Ltagos will compensate these traders, i have faith in them and their transparent ways.

Thunder fase u out, the mods will not see ur useless post, if na igbo post this trash, the mods go don press the ban button three times

3 Likes

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:46am On Feb 22, 2016
sandrajazmin:
Buhari pls resign, we are tired of u #scammer
No! You are tired of him
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by ceejay80s(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2016
demielvis:

Chai!

Nzuzu di ojoo.Onye ara bu onye ara finally.

SMH
Nna ndi obodo a bu ezi ofia

3 Likes

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by kraftykc(m): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2016
demolinka:
Tough one, but if we really want this change that we seek, we must make some hard decisions. Lagos really needs a face lift. Hope they make the new market affordable to the traders though.

What hard decisions are you making?
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Lilimax(f): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Anyi no na mbughari-! Meaning we are in the era of change embarassed Everything must change sad
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by northvietnam(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

Meanwhile.

Without meaning to throw Jabs at some people

If it was some mischievous ones, who eat from the same plate of food with Onyeka Onwenu.

The poster just vomited how he feels for another tribe and the so called unbiased MODs will not enforce any rule number 2 because some sort of joy is being derived from it when such jabs is against the Erosion blah blah blah part of the nation like they all ways call it on Nairaland.

all I can only say is

Fun Ohun gbogbo ọkunrin kan ko ni ni aiye yi, nibẹ ni idajọ fun o boya nibi tabi ni awọn Opin ti akoko

BushidoBlue:

You did take a jab, you took your familiar tribalistic jab at Igbos, don't be scared to mention the name of the tribe, aren't there Igbos in the same marker where this man fainted?

Weren't they there when the team visited?

You see that it's nice to provoke someone else's tribe on a Monday morning...

And the best of all was the fact that you claim that Oba made his genocidal speech over the success of Igbos...

Indeed, so Igbos must be goaded to vote for a candidate of "your" choice and not a candidate that holds their ideals and plans in view...

I mean election is long over and we are still at this point, of hatred and divisive speech from your type, including the president....

well we have taken note of you HungerBAD, a bigot and a rabble rouser with pain and hatred as his mantra...

I mean looking into all your posts one can see the disdain for anything Igbo and eastern...

You don't like oha soup, they don't like amala....
Must you force the amala down their throat? Did they force their oha down your throat?

If Nigeria was not one nation then a paramount ruler may threaten people of other nationalities in his domain...

If Nigeria was truly one nation then such a paramount ruler needs to be put in check...

In fact I don't believe we are back to where we were last year...

Bitterness Anger Disdain..
BAD
Indeed HungerBAD

So you waisted your Precious hard earned time just to reply this (............) called HungerBad. from the name , you will know this present administration is telling on him harshly.
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by toludadon(m): 9:01am On Feb 22, 2016
allcomage:

No body is against development but it must be with human face. I suppose a standard notice of 6 months should be given in the cases of relocation and demolition to enable occupants find new place and safeguard their wares and properties.

Don't mind those market people they must have told them for years but they always think it's never going to happen and will now turn to whipping cheap sentiments by claiming they are only given few days to move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by AbdulHaram(m): 9:14am On Feb 22, 2016
The dollar is currently on the rise, so people should mind the way they faint in public! angry
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by BushidoBlue(m): 9:31am On Feb 22, 2016
northvietnam:

The poster just vomited how he feels for another tribe and the so called unbiased MODs will not enforce any rule number 2 because some sort of joy is being derived from it when such jabs is against the Erosion blah blah blah part of the nation like they all ways call it on Nairaland.

all I can only say is

Fun Ohun gbogbo ọkunrin kan ko ni ni aiye yi, nibẹ ni idajọ fun o boya nibi tabi ni awọn Opin ti akoko

So you waisted your Precious hard earned time just to reply this (............) called HungerBad. from the name , you will know this present administration is telling on him harshly.

2 Likes

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Montaque(m): 9:35am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

Lagos State is not like other States in Nigeria, and usually the State try to work within the Ambience of the Law and that is why this Story sounds strange. Will wait for for the State's version of the story.

Meanwhile.

Without meaning to throw Jabs at some people, this man fainted, woke up and took everything in his stride, and yes he is Yoruba. If it was some mischievous ones, who eat from the same plate of food with Onyeka Onwenu, they would have said they were targeted because they are very successful, and that is why the Oba Of Lagos wanted them to swim in the Lagoon without any Scuba diving gear.

There are the Markets in Lagos, and then there are the Rules of Laws that traders must adhere to.

I am very certain the APC Government of Lagos will compensate these traders, i have faith in them and their transparent ways.

Why did u find 14 days notice difficult to believe yet u believed the man is yoruba?
You need help
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Montaque(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2016
toludadon:

Don't mind those market people they must have told them for years but they always think it's never going to happen and will now turn to whipping cheap sentiments by claiming they are only given few days to move

So how many Month's notice was ACTUALLY given to the traders?
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by ajebuter(f): 9:59am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

Meanwhile.

I am very certain the APC Government of Lagos will compensate these traders, i have faith in them and their transparent ways.

Ogbeni, o da bi eni pe won ti sepe APC fun e sha

Ati Yoruba ati Ibo to wa ni oja yen, shey won kii se eeyan ni abi?

Loju ti e, party e kii se asise abi?

Awon iya oniya ati baba oni baba ti won maa da soko aini yen o kan e, abi?

O joko si ilu oyinbo, dollar di irinwo(400) naira, o nso oro alailopolo

O je ya pa enu e mo ki epe awon iya ti won dibo fun yin ma ba mu e

Arindin..

CC: Firefire, Anomini.. e ma wo ogbeni arindin yi sha..

1 Like

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by toludadon(m): 10:00am On Feb 22, 2016
Montaque:

So how many Month's notice was ACTUALLY given to the traders?

I actually don't know but what I know is that so many markets have been marked for demolition since the time of Fashola e.g. the Osodi Market but the traders won't tell you that
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by toludadon(m): 10:03am On Feb 22, 2016
ajebuter:

Arindin..

Tita riro la ma n ko ila, ti o ba jina tan lo ma n di oge. Translated as it's through pains and agony we get tribal marks but when it's healed it becomes fashionable

1 Like

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Firefire(m): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2016
ajebuter:

Arindin..

Sisimi, Ose ni lanu wipe, opolopo awon eyan wa o ni opolo rara, won de ti fi ori won gba paro.

Ema ri won ti won yio ma kufiri enu kiri lori Nairalandi. undecided

Won ti gbagbo wipe Ijoba amunishin, to un ni awon ara ilu lara ti APC ni kan ni ojulowo.

Koburu, eni juko si'oja, ara ile re ni o ma ba.

angry

1 Like

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Firefire(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2016
toludadon:

Tita riro la ma n ko ila, ti o ba jina tan lo ma n di oge. Translated as it's through pains and agony we get tribal marks but when it's healed it becomes fashionable

Ijoba amunishin, ti ko fi oju aanu wo awon mekunu ki se ijoba awa arawa rara.

Ti won ba wo, ki ni idaniloju wipe yio kan awon tin won wo ibuso won ?

Ki Oluwa gbawa lowo ijoba APC, awon agba lowo meeri, Oba joun tolo. angry
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Montaque(m): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2016
toludadon:

I actually don't know but what I know is that so many markets have been marked for demolition since the time of Fashola e.g. the Osodi Market but the traders won't tell you that
I thought u know the actual period given.
anyway, I expected the government to have given a substantial period say 2 months. The economy isn't easy presently.
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by demolinka(m): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2016
kraftykc:

What hard decisions are you making?
Temporarily taking away people's means of livelihood to pave way for better opportunities
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by ajebuter(f): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2016
toludadon:

Ogbeni Tolu, I quite understand your proverb and analogy and I agree with you we need to suffer to enjoy

I took on that hungermumu because of his insensitivity to the plights of the traders whose shops are facing imminent demolition.

Haba, eleran ara ni gbogbo wa ke..

Ti iya tabi egbon e ba wa nibe, shey a ma soro ode yen lenu?
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by niyi123: 10:21am On Feb 22, 2016
The IPOD people might still claim that the demolition is targeted at them

1 Like

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by atoleybaba(m): 10:32am On Feb 22, 2016
toludadon:

exactly bro....China also went thru DX phase
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by lighternote: 10:32am On Feb 22, 2016
BushidoBlue:

You did take a jab, you took your familiar tribalistic jab at Igbos, don't be scared to mention the name of the tribe, aren't there Igbos in the same marker where this man fainted?

Weren't they there when the team visited?

You see that it's nice to provoke someone else's tribe on a Monday morning...

And the best of all was the fact that you claim that Oba made his genocidal speech over the success of Igbos...

Indeed, so Igbos must be goaded to vote for a candidate of "your" choice and not a candidate that holds their ideals and plans in view...

I mean election is long over and we are still at this point, of hatred and divisive speech from your type, including the president....

well we have taken note of you HungerBAD, a bigot and a rabble rouser with pain and hatred as his mantra...

I mean looking into all your posts one can see the disdain for anything Igbo and eastern...

You don't like oha soup, they don't like amala....
Must you force the amala down their throat? Did they force their oha down your throat?

If Nigeria was not one nation then a paramount ruler may threaten people of other nationalities in his domain...

If Nigeria was truly one nation then such a paramount ruler needs to be put in check...

In fact I don't believe we are back to where we were last year...

Bitterness Anger Disdain..
BAD
Indeed HungerBAD

I'm in love with this BushidoBlue guy already smiley. His command of the English Language is impeccable. He used a tapestry of words, a masterpiece to talk sense into that hungry guy. In fact, he finished him.
Why do we hate one another in this Nigeria, but why cry
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by atoleybaba(m): 10:39am On Feb 22, 2016
ajebuter:

Ogbeni Tolu, I quite understand your proverb and analogy and I agree with you we need to suffer to enjoy

I took on that hungermumu because of his insensitivity to the plights of the traders whose shops are facing imminent demolition.

o maa le ooo...Buh at this point in time my dad is ready to sacrifice anything to make d country betta knowing fully well that we will enjoy d benefit later...besides ti aba woo daada we will see DX market places are not hygienic and in bad state my sister if we say..."haa that is where some people making their living. Eh! Don't destroy d market and rebuild it cos we av ntn to survive with" and it keeps going like that when will dy finally renovate d markets and make it look like d one oversea? Let some people suffer at least it is just d minority and it is d benefit of d majority...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 22, 2016
Shebi this useless yoruba mods will not see this one. I was banned for three days for making an alleged tribal comment. But each time this ofe mmanu guys spew rubbish on other tribes they get no ban. And they think a ban will stop me from speaking the truth they forget there are many ways to kill a rat.

HungerBAD:

Meanwhile.

Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by ajebuter(f): 1:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
atoleybaba:
o shi enu e rinrun gbaga...o pe eni eleni ni arindin. Ti ilu ba fe ni idagba soke tabi ki ile ede was di bi ti awon ilu oyinbo, ijoba ni lati gbe awon igbese ti ko ni ba gbogbo wa Lara mu sugbon fun afani wa ni ole ma ti ri benefit nkan ti ijoba eko Shey nisin but bo kpe bo ya....afani nkan ti wan dawo le lati soo eko di bi ti ilu oyinbo yoo fiihan o si ma jasi rere...amo nkan ti ma fe je ki ambo Shey ni wipe nkan to Ba fe Shey ko ma gbagbe a won oloja ti development yi ba. Aunty. "Arindin" o Shey nkan ti omo ilu abi ye ko ma kpe elegbe re

Ewo wa ni gboran mi deleru ti e bayi oh?

O ku tie oh!

Mo mo eebu to ye kin bu e pelu 'elenu rirun ' to pe mi, sugbon maa fi owo okunrin wo e

Bo ti le je pe kii shey gbogbo okunrin lori e pe!
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by atoleybaba(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
ajebuter:

Ewo wa ni gboran mi deleru ti e bayi oh?

O ku tie oh!

Mo mo eebu to ye kin bu e pelu 'elenu rirun ' to pe mi, sugbon maa fi owo okunrin wo e

Bo ti le je pe kii shey gbogbo okunrin lori e pe!
gbagbe ebu to ri ko de mu point to ye ko mu ninu oro yi...ti "elenu rirun" o ta mi Lara nipe o le pe okunrin to pe Lara ni arindin nitori oro ti o to nkan
Re: Trader Faints Over Planned Demolition Of Lagos Market by toludadon(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
ajebuter:

I understand your angle perfectly omo/aya ola. .sugbon ti a ba ni Ki a wo iyen, ijoba o ni se nkankan, awon oloja ni won ma siwaju awon ti yo ma pariwo pe ko si n ti ijoba se. Gbogbo ni won fe oja ti O dun wo sugbon won ko fe Ki won won alapa ti won wa. Se ofurufu ni won ma ko si ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Walmart's Coming End Igbo Business In Nigeria? / How To Buy Etherium In Nigeria / Binance: Nigeria Setting Dangerous Precedent For Firms By Detaining Executives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.