Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures (5612 Views)

Specifications Of The New Nokia 3310 (2017) / Official Specifications And Price Of Itel S11 / Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by damizille(m): 5:15am On Feb 22, 2016
So finally the Samsung has FINALLY launched their Latest flagship device which is the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge at the MWC event on the 21st of February 2016 and as usual the specifications of the devices is amazing as rumoured and expected by many.

Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung S7 Edge Specifications

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC or Exynos 8890

RAM: 4GB with LPDDR4 technology

Inbuilt Memory: 32GB or 64GB

Memory Card slot: Avialable and expect upto 200GB MicroSD

Read More>>>> http://www.ratedmobile.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-and-galaxy-s7-edge-now-official-photos/

1 Share

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by dukeo(m): 5:25am On Feb 22, 2016
Samsung phones all look the same angry

3 Likes

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 5:39am On Feb 22, 2016
dukeo:

Exactly, and they have this cheap look sha... i just dont know why... they have this cheap plasticky look
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by obotblitz(m): 5:40am On Feb 22, 2016
Nice
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by damizille(m): 5:43am On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

Exactly, and they have this cheap look sha... i just dont know why... they have this cheap plasticky look
but no wonder it is respected for what it does and not what it looks like smiley tongue

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 22, 2016
damizille:

but no wonder it is respected for what it does and not what it looks like smiley tongue

Galaxy S6 didn't sell as well as they hoped, Iphone out sold it to death. Respect doesn't = sales smiley

2 Likes

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by dukeo(m): 6:11am On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

You gat it. Looking all alike and cheap.
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 22, 2016
Buy the phone and give me just de camera grin

1 Like

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by henryobinna(m): 7:06am On Feb 22, 2016
sammy phones are a classic breeds, expect the camera to beat that of the next iphone just as s6 edge did with iphone 6.

BTW, op you have to be sure what process they're running on, Qualcomm Snapdragon or Exynos.

you can't write both, choose one

1 Like

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by damizille(m): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2016
Lacomus:
Buy the phone and give me just de camera grin

what of the processor??
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by TruthMustBeTold: 9:00am On Feb 22, 2016
The phone got it design from the s6 and d s6 edge series which is quite premium and doesn't feel cheap in anyway..i skipped d s6 series/note 5 coz of d lack of SD card and now dat it's back,i wud be replacing my note 4 when the note 6 is released eventually later this year..overall,the s7/edge series is a gr8 phone but i was really impressed by LG yday too..Samsung didnt have much to do as regards the design of s7 coz the s6 design is still on point but LG took a different route entirely with the design of LG G5..good innovation

1 Like

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by damizille(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:
The phone got it design from the s6 and d s6 edge series which is quite premium and doesn't feel cheap in anyway..i skipped d s6 series/note 5 coz of d lack of SD card and now dat it's back,i wud be replacing my note 4 when the note 6 is released eventually later this year..overall,the s7/edge series is a gr8 phone but i was really impressed by LG yday too..Samsung didnt have much to do as regards the design of s7 coz the s6 design is still on point but LG took a different route entirely with the design of LG G5..good innovation

i will surely take a look at the LG G5... but all over the internet, all i have been hearing is the S7 and S7 edge
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2016
henryobinna:
sammy phones are a classic breeds, expect the camera to beat that of the next iphone just as s6 edge did with iphone 6.

BTW, op you have to be sure what process they're running on, Qualcomm Snapdragon or Exynos.

you can't write both, choose one

Some models are Snapdragon 820 while some are Exynos 8890.
It depends on your country/region.
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

You're funny...U deserve a standing ovation. grin
The last ' cheap, plasticky' Sammy was the S5.
All others even from the A series and Note lines have been made of Metal and Glass.
For u to call a Samsung Galaxy S plastic means u haven't seen an S6/edge/edge +
Take offence if yu may angry

5 Likes

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

Lol. Do u even know what u are saying? Samsung Galaxy s6 edge (not even the new s7) is the most beautiful phone of last year and still the most beautiful phone this yesr. As a matter of fact the only phone to beat the s6 edge is the s7 edge and u say it looks cheap. It is obvious u have not seen one before not to talk of touch it cos if u have u wont say it looks plasticky and cheap. Dude that thing is made of glass and metal, not plastic. And this is not the cheap fake metal body found on cheap phones like innjoo or gionee, this is the definition of premium.

4 Likes

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by eightsin(m): 9:39am On Feb 22, 2016
How many of you intend getting this phone here? With the way our naira is becoming worthless on daily basis... we might end up using ghana must go bag to carry money just to buy one Samsung s7 edge

1 Like

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 22, 2016
damizille:

what of the processor??
grin I go use my Lapi processor .
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 22, 2016
eightsin:
How many of you intend getting this phone here? With the way our naira is becoming worthless on daily basis... we might end up using ghana must go bag to carry money just to buy one Samsung s7 edge

Siddon there. Some people spend twice the price of this phone in clubs every Friday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by TruthMustBeTold: 10:03am On Feb 22, 2016
damizille:

i will surely take a look at the LG G5... but all over the internet, all i have been hearing is the S7 and S7 edge
samsung wud surely overshadow its nearest competitor in the Android world which is LG coz when it comes to marketing & advertising,only Apple can rival Samsung,Mark Zuckerberg,Facebook owner & d sixth most richest person in d world was even there to launch one of Samsung's VR series yday..u know what that mean? LG should ve waited till today or pro'ly 2mao like Sony to launch d G5 or maybe wait till April like HTC with d M10 ..HTC made d same mistake last year too..launching d M9 d same day s6 & s6 edge was launched but they've learnt their lesson i guess..

3 Likes

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by DIKEnaWAR: 10:07am On Feb 22, 2016
dukeo:

lestat:

I have tried so much to come to terms with accepting to use this phone to no avail. They look big, cheap, plastic and hopeless.
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 22, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:
samsung wud surely overshadow its nearest competitor in the Android world which is LG coz when it comes to marketing & advertising,only Apple can rival Samsung,Mark Zuckerberg,Facebook owner & d sixth most richest person in d world was even there to launch one of Samsung's VR series yday..u know what that mean? LG should ve waited till today or pro'ly 2mao like Sony to launch d G5 or maybe wait till April like HTC with d M10 ..HTC made d same mistake last year too..launching d M9 d same day s6 & s6 edge was launched but they've learnt their lesson i guess..

I don't expect LG to sell like Samsung, but they did a good job with the G5. I see it as a turning point and they are officially closest competition Samsung has knocking HTC further down. LG went out of their comfort zone on this one and it is either a make or break for them. Don't forget even if they waited till say May... Samsung would still launch the note 6 a few months after that. I believe this G5 is just a turning point, Lg will release the next V series later this year which will be a big upgrade over the g5.
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 22, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

I have tried so much to come to terms with accepting to use this phone to no avail. They look big, cheap, plastic and hopeless.

Pls... Go to Samsung stand at shoprite, or go to Samsung stand in any slot office, then touch either the Samsung galaxy s6, s6 edge or note 5. Mere holding it u will know u are holding a premium device. There is nothing plastic about this phone, it is made of glass and metal. U think it is easy to win best phone of 2015? At the moment no phone feels more premium than galaxy s6 edge, the only phone to be it is the galaxy s7 edge. Get ur facts right.

This is different from ur cheap Chinese wannabes. This is the extreme of phones and Samsung should be applauded for coming out with this design. First time a Samsung phone looks more premium than even an iPhone 6s and HTC one series.

1 Like

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by OohMpa: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:

Lol...

HTC didn't flop because it's launched the same time as S6. It flopped cos of the phone was generally a flop.
It had too many deal breakers:

-Overheated
-Poor battery life
-same screen since m7
-Poor camera performance
-delayed software updates
-material flaws, etc

HTC is taking their time this year not to repeat the same mistakes but they might already be late. The only phone capable of going neck to neck with Samsung this year in the Android platform is G5...

In innovation and new features, G5 trumps the S series
In design and software, Samsung wins hands down

G5 design won't be to everyone's taste unlike S7 and the gorgeous edge. But in general, G5 is better. That won't outsell Samsung in the Android platform and both won't outsell Apple of course but it's a step in the right direction
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol. Do u even know what u are saying? Samsung Galaxy s6 edge (not even the new s7) is the most beautiful phone of last year and still the most beautiful phone this yesr. As a matter of fact the only phone to beat the s6 edge is the s7 edge and u say it looks cheap. It is obvious u have not seen one before not to talk of touch it cos if u have u wont say it looks plasticky and cheap. Dude that thing is made of glass and metal, not plastic. And this is not the cheap fake metal body found on cheap phones like innjoo or gionee, this is the definition of premium.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, wow my dear, i know a fan boy when i see one, you are probably one of those kids who knows about every gadget but never buys? My dear at the risk of sounding arrogant but i can afford 10 galaxy s6 if wanted any moment. And i buy and use any phone i want.
If you like commit suicide but the S6 looks cheap, have you even seen the HTC one m8 the Lumia 950, Xperia z4, Iphone 6s? Now those are exquisitely designed phones. I could care less how my opinion makes you feel because i can buy it if i wanted, but you would sit there defending a phone you could never afford? Hmmm
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ellimist:

You're funny...U deserve a standing ovation. grin
The last ' cheap, plasticky' Sammy was the S5.
All others even from the A series and Note lines have been made of Metal and Glass.
For u to call a Samsung Galaxy S plastic means u haven't seen an S6/edge/edge +
Take offence if yu may angry

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, wow my dear, i know a fan boy when i see one, you are probably one of those kids who knows about every gadget but never buys? My dear at the risk of sounding arrogant but i can afford 10 galaxy s6 if wanted any moment. And i buy and use any phone i want.
If you like commit suicide but the S6 looks cheap, have you even seen the HTC one m8 the Lumia 950, Xperia z4, Iphone 6s? Now those are exquisitely designed phones. I could care less how my opinion makes you feel because i can buy it if i wanted, but you would sit there defending a phone you could never afford? Hmmm
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by TruthMustBeTold: 12:35pm On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

Bruh calm down..whether u like it or not,d truth is all s6 series don't look cheap and they don't feel cheap either..in fact their design is top notch and matches iPhone 6s design and i bet u s6 edge is even in another class of its own..and u don't have to conclude that they can't afford it just coz u wanna prove a point coz i think greenhulk owns one of those s6 series..peace
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Friedyokes: 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

sir I hav no qualms with anytin u said apart frm the fact u said an s6 looks cheap.. I have helped an s6 nd looks anytin but cheap glass finish at the back shinny reflective surface light in hand...it is arguably one of the best looking devices ever talking of its edge counterpart
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by 2kurupt(m): 12:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
True the edge series has got some great design but you guys have to agree that the "plain" s6/s7 looks just too genetic like any other top range Samsung smartphone.

I also don't think it's the best designed flagship when compared with that of other top brands'
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

It is very obvious u don't know what u are saying. Let me break it down for u

HTC one m8: looks beautiful with aluminum unibody, but the design is plain boring to be sincere.

Lumia 950: how can u even bring this piece of junk plastic here? Lumia 950 and 950xl have no premium feel to them, for u to mention them proves u know nothing about phones.

Xperia z4: beautiful premium phone but those Sony brick design is a let down. No wonder they struggle to sell their phones.

IPhone 6s: of all the phones u mentioned this is the one that looks most premium to hold. But even at that the galaxy s6 edge (note I'm not even mentioning s7 edge because that one will be overkill) is still superior when it comes build quality and beauty.

This is not a fanboy war, the last Samsung phone I used before the s6 was the galaxy s3. I ditched Samsung and went for HTC one m7( which I still own) when they kept using plastic for their phones, coupled with the fact that touchwiz was too heavy and buggy. I don't buy a phone because of the OEM, I buy phones that fit my need and I love phones with sex appeal doesn't matter who the OEM is. If gionee or infinix or innjoo can give me a phone with flagship specs and premium feel I'd buy it. Since m7 I've also used lumia 920 and lg g3. I was about buying the lg g4 but decided to give Samsung another try and I was blown away by galaxy s6 and s6 edge. Bro there is nothing plasticky about these phones. That last Samsung galaxy s phone made of plastic was the galaxy s5 and that is already 2 years ago, they have moved on.

3 Likes

Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by kazzonline: 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
greenhulk:

It is very obvious u don't know what u are saying. Let me break it down for u

HTC one m8: looks beautiful with aluminum unibody, but the design is plain boring to be sincere.

Lumia 950: how can u even bring this piece of junk plastic here? Lumia 950 and 950xl have no premium feel to them, for u to mention them proves u know nothing about phones.

Xperia z4: beautiful premium phone but those Sony brick design is a let down. No wonder they struggle to sell their phones.

IPhone 6s: of all the phones u mentioned this is the one that looks most premium to hold. But even at that the galaxy s6 edge (note I'm not even mentioning s7 edge because that one will be overkill) is still superior when it comes build quality and beauty.

This is not a fanboy war, the last Samsung phone I used before the s6 was the galaxy s3. I ditched Samsung and went for HTC one m7( which I still own) when they kept using plastic for their phones, coupled with the fact that touchwiz was too heavy and buggy. I don't buy a phone because of the OEM, I buy phones that fit my need and I love phones with sex appeal doesn't matter who the OEM is. If gionee or infinix or innjoo can give me a phone with flagship specs and premium feel I'd buy it. Since m7 I've also used lumia 920 and lg g3. I was about buying the lg g4 but decided to give Samsung another try and I was blown away by galaxy s6 and s6 edge. Bro there is nothing plasticky about these phones. That last Samsung galaxy s phone made of plastic was the galaxy s5 and that is already 2 years ago, they have moved on.

@greenhulk,i don dey find u sir,goodday i need detailed instructions on how to flash marsmallow onto my lg g3 fone o,am unrooted and i need d detaiked info pls,kindly send to kazzonline@yahoo.com
as well do i need internet connection to upgrade tru system after downloading the required files,abeg if u can start frm which driverd and flash tools to install i nor mind baba.thanks in advance
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
kazzonline:

@greenhulk,i don dey find u sir,goodday i need detailed instructions on how to flash marsmallow onto my lg g3 fone o,am unrooted and i need d detaiked info pls,kindly send to kazzonline@yahoo.com
as well do i need internet connection to upgrade tru system after downloading the required files,abeg if u can start frm which driverd and flash tools to install i nor mind baba.thanks in advance

I'll shoot u an email later.
Re: Official Specifications Of The Samsung Galaxy S7 And Galaxy S7 Edge + Pictures by Donexy16(m): 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2016
lestat:

mehhnn!! U harsh die. Chei, na so u get moni rch? Oya buy 1 for me naa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The IPhone 6 Vs The Samsung S6 In The Boiling Water Test / How To Get Free 1GB And 500MB Of Data On MTN Nigeria / See The Phone That Can Be Used Without HANDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.