Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja (11705 Views)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Jokotola: 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2006
Can somebody please advice this fine governor to take cover. Tell him not to risk his life for politics. Funsho Williams cannot change his mind in the grave now. Nigerian politics is dirty. OGA DUKE STEP DOWN cry cry cry cry
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by lafile(m): 1:10pm On Nov 07, 2006
can anybody dispute the fact that of all the candidates dat have indicated interest in running for aso rock none stands anywhere close to duke?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2006
Nigerians dont like good things.
All you people can think of is how Duke is not good enough. Can anyone remember any president or governor that has done anything that people were impressed with.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by itorojames(m): 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2006
I dont know about any of you but come 2007 I AM voting for donald duke and by the way lewa since you obviously dont wish donald duke well i'm very interested in knowing which other presidential aspirant you have in mind who even comes close to doing everything that the Good Governor has done for his people.
nilla:

Nigerians don't like good things.
All you people can think of is how Duke is not good enough. Can anyone remember any president or governor that has done anything that people were impressed with.
truthfully said my broda, truthfully said.
lewa:

EFCC never said the guy was clean.They never gave him a clean bill of health for now

Christ Lewa I cant believe I live in the same country with you, now since u obviously dont listen to the news let me tell you that Donald  duke was CERTIFIED CLEAN by the EFCC. So please dont go around bad mouthing the guy let him do the Good Work he's doing
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2006
itorojames:

truthfully said my brother, truthfully said.

your sister not your brother grin
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2006
itorojames can you proof this please, EFCC SAID they haven't clear any governor, where do you get your information from ?

I'm up to date with EFCC proceedings and news, and I can't seem to find any information what so ever on them clearing any governors

http://www.efccnigeria.org/

help me find am abeg
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by stanech: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2006
I just finished watching Duke's Declaration Men I think he is the man we need as a president
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2006
I just finished watching Duke's Declaration Men I think he is the man we need as a president

do you know if can we watch it online undecided
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2006
I am reading one of Mike Akhigbe script. its interesting how he is talking of loyalty and credibility some thing that all military personnel in Nigeria lacks, I will do my home work before I deside who should be president. remeber politicians can not be trusted. Even Duke

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=62558
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by stanech: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2006
So @ Odeku of all the politicians that have made thier intentions known
Who is the best choice for a presidential candidate.?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2006
The 2 people that I am paying attention to now are pat Utomi and Donald DUke, I like Ahigbe, but he just lost my vote, he was part of IBB administration and now that he is campaining, he is bashing IBB, why didn't he walk back then if he was a man of integrity is the question that I have. as the administrator and number 2 guy in Nigeria i cant recall any significant impact he made.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Revolution: 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2006
I have said it before and will say it again. The next president of Nigeria will be Donald Duke.

Let the battle begin. For the first time in the history of Nigeria we would have a president who went through the Nigerian University system and thus would show more interest than the military leaders who don't care.

I believe Duke is the official PDP candidate,  but they are keeping quiet in order not to seem biased.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2006
Duke's Speech

http://www.donaldduke4president.org/speech.htm

A GREAT FUTURE BECKONS, TOGETHER LET US MARCH INTO IT

DONALD DUKE
ABUJA
TUESDAY, 7TH NOVEMBER, 2006

My Dear Friends and Compatriots Nigeria, our dearly beloved country, has a date with destiny next year. Indeed in the annals of our country's history, few dates have as much potentially dramatic consequences as 2007. This is not because we shall be going to the polls to elect a new leadership to run the nation for the next four years, important as that is, It . is also significant that it will be the first time one civilian administration, after having completed 2 (two) constitutionally permissible terms in office, will be handing over to another administration democratically. But this election is particularly critical because of the enormity of the challenges that face us as a country and as a people and the promises we must keep.

In the last seven and half years, some brave efforts have been deployed to rescue the country from the decadence and despair that have been our lot in the past several decades. Indeed, instead of being viewed as a failing state, Nigeria has been restored to the status of a work-in-progress. But concerted effort still needs to be taken to consolidate that work and to strike out in new directions. In effect, we must move determinedly and at great speed to achieve what fate, our people's abilities and our resources have clearly marked us out to be: a great nation, full of hope and bright opportunities for its zestful people.

In the past seven and a half years, the people of Cross River State have given my team and I the mandate to lift them up and restore the true purpose of governance: selfless service to the people. Thus with meagre resources, we have been able to restore hope and also chart new directions in development by introducing projects in partnership with the private sector and the people that will forever change the state's economic landscape. I needn't remind you my dear friends that this mandate in Cross River will expire on the 29th of May, 2007.

But we embrace the call to higher service, to translate what we have begun in Cross River State onto the wider national stage. Some will say it is a daunting task, that the problems of Nigeria are onerous, the country too big and complicated. But where others see problems, we see great possibilities and opportunities. Where some see daunting tasks, we see great challenges to be overcome. Nigerians demand leadership, true and selfless. One with imagination, breath and vision and I can provide it. And it shall be a service of love.

It is, therefore, with a deep sense of responsibility that I today formally declare my candidacy for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on the Platform of the People's Democratic Party (PDP). This decision has been arrived at after consultations with key stakeholders across our nation. I do not come with preconceived notions, nor do I assume that the task of leading this nation is an easy one. Rather, I am propelled by a call to duty, by the conviction that our collective will under a committed, passionate and competent leadership will change the face of this country for ever. A leadership that will give us a country to be truly proud of and which will enable every African stand up proudly in any part of the globe.

Our nation has taken great strides under the Presidency of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. It is my desire to build and expand upon this foundation. Great nations of the world are either blessed with natural resources or with human resources. Our nation is one of the fortunate few blessed abundantly with both human and natural capital. Our goal is to leverage on this unique combination to fast-track our social and economic development. Let it be that at the end of our tenure, Nigeria would no longer be referred to as a poor, inept and struggling nation but rather as a nation that has come of its own providing vast opportunities for her people and sharing the world stage as of right.

In making this formal declaration today, it is my desire, working in tandem with the leadership of my party and all men and women of goodwill throughout the length and breadth of our nation and beyond, to focus on some key areas in need of urgent attention.

The first of this is our infrastructure. We are resolved to improve the state of our physical infrastructure, particularly roads, electricity, generation, transmission and distribution, ensuring that within a decade, every community in our land shall be on the national grid, ensuring that rail, sea and air transportation are of world class, and ensuring that our telecommunications system and the world wide web are functional and are of international standard.

Our Human Capital must be developed to be second to none in terms of skills and orientation. At the moment, our educational sector is embarrassingly at low ebb. Apart from facilities being decrepit, the quality of teaching staff is low and this must change. Nations of the world that have leapfrogged to advanced stages of development have done so mainly through universal primary and secondary education with a vocational curriculum. They have followed up with an expansion to tertiary education, particularly in Mathematics, the Pure Sciences and Engineering and a solid infrastructure base.

This thus leads to the issue of job creation. Our goal is the pursuit of happiness for all in the furtherance of our development. We must quickly expand job opportunities for our citizenry through a quick stimulation of the economy. Retooling the public sector to provide conducive policy measures, while engaging the private sector in the provision of jobs and galvanizing our people to seek self employment and consequently wealth creation. For happiness can only be attained through productivity in joyful activity.

For far too long, our economy has been dependent on petroleum. That too must change. Other sectors like agriculture, manufacturing, solid minerals, intellectual resource, information technology and tourism shall be galvanized to contribute to the national economy and the National Income.

Fellow compatriots, I cannot end this declaration without talking about the unrest in the Niger Delta that has been very troubling and is threatening to spin out of control. At the heart of this crisis are poverty, unemployment and despoliation of the environment all in the midst of plenty. There must be justice for the people and the communities in which our resources are found. And this justice lies in the appreciation of the people on whose land that we exploit, and consequently ensuring that they are benefiting from the spoils of their land. This calls for a programme of transformation of the environment and the lives of the people. We shall work with them to devise and implement such a programme. And it must be done urgently.

The justice that we seek for the Niger Delta must also be extended to people throughout our nation and this we shall deliver through good governance, governance that toils day and night to deliver on its promises. We can do it. We will do it. God helping us, we shall not fail.

We are of course aware that no serious development and progress can be made in an atmosphere of pervasive crime and insecurity. We must therefore put the question of law and order on the front burner. We will ensure that criminals - from petty felons to assassins and hired killers - are caught and dealt with in accordance with the law. To achieve this, we as a government shall conduct ourselves and abide by the rule of law and thus have the moral fibre to carry out a thorough reform of the criminal justice system including an overhaul of the police service and policing. The men and women who wear the uniform must be made proud of that uniform with a high sense of self-esteem that is led by qualified, professionally well-trained and competent personnel comparable to the best in the world. But wait a minute. When we shall have created jobs, when we shall have made our people productive, when our people would have attained happiness in a just system, even this crime would fade leaving behind in its trail a happy, contented people in a secure country.

My friends, the time has come to banish defeatism and cynicism from our polity. We are a country of can-do people. All over the world Nigerians excel in their chosen fields. We must galvanize such passions at home. Hope has come. Hope in our Fatherland. Hope in our abilities as a people. Hope in the goodness of the Nigerian people. Public office is a sacred trust. We shall work hard to earn the confidence of our citizenry in their government and in our leadership. When in 1999, I was entrusted with the governorship of my beloved Cross River State, though humbled by the enormity of the responsibility, we were undaunted. Today, the challenges we seek are loftier and more daring; but so is the courage and the spirit to match the odds. I trust the judgment of the Nigerian people. With your very kind support, we shall change Nigeria's circumstance and history by putting the people at the centre of our development. May I, therefore, my friends invite you to join me on this continuing journey of hope and redemption. We have the will and by His grace we shall find the way.

Fellow Compatriots, I offer to serve.

God bless us all as we journey to the land of our dreams.
I thank you all.

Donald
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 9:18pm On Nov 07, 2006
Obong nice job, a script like that or speech is the good handy work of a speech writer. Politicians can not persuade us bty speech any more, action is what we want. I like the peach though.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2006
I agree. the speech is just the teaser to entice you. at least eh tried. i havent got a speec from attach or any of those other people. i've only seen their long throat
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by kfasian: 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2006
All good encomiums about Donald Duke.
But the funny aspect of the whole stuff is that Nigerian Precidency is not a Beauty Contest.
If it were to be a beauty Contest, then Donald Duke would have been assured a place in ASO ROCK.  But ita rather a pity, Nigerian Precidency is more than fine eyes, good tie and suite with yankie accent.
It is a place for the hawks, where IBB and Atiku are top contenders.

However, maybe our prayers can change things.

Test Running this site, please sign up www.nairacashflow.com/forum
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2006
Duke's 'beauty' is merely icing on the cake. his real prize is his intellect and vision
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2006
obong

thanx for the speech. wanted to see it or hear it.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2006
yeah, me too
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2006
for now Ill stick with DUKE rather than see that dictator IBB. Nilla na wetting be this love connection between you and DUke self? i see a trend shocked shocked
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Shokoloko(f): 12:34am On Nov 08, 2006
im in love with Duke (where's the love icon)

after having a halfcaste (human and ape type) for president for eight years i am ready to see a real fine facein aso rock.
Physically, DD full ground
Intellectually DD full ground
Psychologically DD full ground
Everyway and Anyway DD full ground.

End of DDDDDiscussion!!!!!!!!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 2:46am On Nov 08, 2006
Na god go save you this woman you lusting over a married man like that? its devil like you that will set this man up for failure, DAN ISKA
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Gomer: 10:47am On Nov 08, 2006
@ revolution, hi
why do i always have a problem accessing the duke's website?

its difficult for us to just trust someone cos we've been told one thing too many times and then seen something else
its going to be difficult for people to trust duke but its a risk we all have to take, if you really believe in nigeria, you'd give him a chance
he might have his bad sides, but who doesn't? lets look within
the man is a dreamer who didn't just stop at dreaming but put it into action
he didnt just talk the talk but he walked it!
i am not from cross-river but my eyes have seen and my heart hopes too that whats happening there can happen nationwide cos no matter where we run to, naija na our own, na our home.
but,
duke is the man almost everybody says, but are you going to go out to cast your vote on that day?
the campaign manager's got a lot of work to do and us too, that believe in the man!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Revolution: 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2006
Gomer, which website are you referring to? The new official website is: http://www.donaldduke4president.org/
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2006
Odeku:

for now Ill stick with DUKE rather than see that dictator IBB. Nilla na wetting be this love connection between you and DUke self? i see a trend shocked shocked

what trend

your own trend nko, you dont know him but your tainting his character.
anyways whether he is a woman wrapper like you said or not, i dont really care cos thats his personal life and thats between him and his wifey cool
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 2:04pm On Nov 08, 2006
DUH boo, when you decide to run for the presidency there is no such thing as PERSONAL LIFE. you issue are the nations problem
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 3:30pm On Nov 08, 2006
so instead of me thinking about how to better my life, i will be wondering who the president is sleeping with today undecided
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 3:44pm On Nov 08, 2006
where you dey when dem want kill BILL CLINTON One of the best president in the world, girl its part of the job man. once a president or super star, people pay every detail to every move you make, you are not only a public figure but ROLE MODEL for the youth. you ever hear we are a carbon copy of out parents. people will emulate, and try to be like you once you are up there. i can careless how many women he sleeps with as long as he can perform as my president and stay away from dipping his hand in the JAR of HO grin ;DNEY
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 4:01pm On Nov 08, 2006
So instead of parents training their kids properly, they would be waiting for public figures to do so 
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Gomer: 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2006
@ revolution, i just went to my mail now, its dukeforpresident.com not the one you just wrote
i never really took note of the little difference. thanks
you know, a lot of people want donald duke up there but you know not many people are going to go out to vote,
how many people vote anyway?
what do you think can be done about this?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Revolution: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2006
Gomer, are you still having problems viewing dukeforpresident.com?

Regarding your question about getting people to vote, I think it will be very different this time. People usually don't bother voting because of the quality of candidates available but with Duke in the pack I believe lots of people will be inspired to vote. Also women are usually inclined to vote more than men; you will see lots of women turning out to vote for duke because he is handsome, which of course is the wrong reason but we don't care how Duke gets to Aso Rock, as long as he gets there.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2006
Abeg go google am for google now and if you cant get in, check your proxy settings and delete your cookies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2015 Presidency: Acn / Cpc Dialogue Over Gov Fashola / Demonstration In Support Of Patience's N4B Building Project (Pictures) / Because Of Yahaya Bello, We Will Work For Tinubu’s Victory - Youths Declare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.