Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja (11680 Views)

Murray-bruce Declares For Senate, Laments Widespread Poverty. / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2006
You can read an outstanding article about Duke from Punch:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200611082443768
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 2:06am On Nov 09, 2006
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Chxta(m): 2:13am On Nov 09, 2006
While we are all getting happy about Duke, I'd like to know if anyone has a contrary opinion. It would make for a more balanced judgment of the man. . .
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by obong(m): 2:19am On Nov 09, 2006
havent you read the contrary opinions on here. frankly no one can hold a candle to him so its futile
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Gomer: 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2006
hey revolution, finally got into it but looks like its still under construction.
whatever
well i hope what you say is true about women going out to vote for him but i really dislike it when we capitalize on his 'handsomeness', really but well it cant be helped cos he is fine, i mean the broda is finnneee!
i wish people will stop thinking we supporting him cos of tinapa and obudu but will realise that he just capitalised on the resources he had on ground, you know, like he took the 2 fishes and loaf of bread and turned it into thousands of fishes and loaves of bread- he could have as well eaten the two fishes and loaf, belched and just look for other fishes to eat. IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT TINAPA AND OBUDU BUT HE HAD A DREAM, A GOAL, A MISSION AND HE DIDNT STOP THERE, HE PUT IT TO WORK. so can you imagine if he dreams that same dream with nigeria with all the problems we have and does something about it? all you naysayers be gone!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Gomer: 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2006
hey revolution, finally got into it but looks like its still under construction.
whatever
well i hope what you say is true about women going out to vote for him but i really dislike it when we capitalize on his 'handsomeness', really but well it cant be helped cos he is fine, i mean the broda is finnneee!
i wish people will stop thinking we supporting him cos of tinapa and obudu but will realise that he just capitalised on the resources he had on ground, you know, like he took the 2 fishes and loaf of bread and turned it into thousands of fishes and loaves of bread- he could have as well eaten the two fishes and loaf, belched and just look for other fishes to eat. IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT TINAPA AND OBUDU BUT HE HAD A DREAM, A GOAL, A MISSION AND HE DIDNT STOP THERE, HE PUT IT TO WORK. so can you imagine if he dreams that same dream with nigeria with all the problems we have and does something about it? all you naysayers be gone!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2006
From his speech I think he has vision and good intention for Nigeria, compare to IBB who is going for gold price to win the presidency, this man Duke is trying to move us forward
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by celemel(m): 4:43am On Nov 10, 2006
Thank God Pat Utomi has moved over to Action Congress. He was the next alternative on the line. Now,he has settled the matter himself. In Africa, opposition parties do not win elections and never will. Duke is the only puritan, left in PDP. I just pray the necessary is done by the monsters in the PDP by nominating Duke for the job. If he wins the nominations come december 12, then he is our next President. QED.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Falciparum(m): 5:14am On Nov 10, 2006
Who knows what IBB has got under his sleeves. i dont trust that guy. HE SMILES TOO MUCH.

Millenium park

Celmel i wonderd if we could meet when i get back to cal??
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by funtasia(f): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2006
hey!nairalanders check out this blog spot http://donaldduke..com.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by lewa(m): 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2006
Itorojames,sadly i want you to post your link giving Duke a clean bill by EFCC. i have, interestingly nothing against the aspirations of DD, and my question rather is Tinapa which is still in its formative stage can't be his gambit to Aso Rock.However i wish him the best cheesy
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Odeku(m): 9:16pm On Nov 10, 2006
bobo LEWA bawo ni now?

no mind dem, but Ill rater have Duke that to have that TOOTLESS GENERAL
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Lushano: 6:52pm On Nov 14, 2006
Even though i've never had anything with him, from the testimonies i've heard so far i think Donald should be fit for the presidential sit. According to Chike Achebe who wrote "Things fall Apart" he said u can dictect a reap corn from its looks so i think Donald has really shown himself a real man, he is good, young, intelligient, eloquent and above all has integrity and accountability. we should give him a trial. But mind you, he is neither a christain nor a muslim. He is a , lipsrsealed
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by 4real(m): 4:25am On Nov 16, 2006
I was someone who never believed we could have a good leader in this country as least for now, i was perpared to wait for Otunba Gbenga Daniels until i came across Donald Duke, for nothing on the list to the second highest coco producing state says alot about the plans that guy has, my father in-law is one big PDP wig and he told my wife that our Ape like President as choosen Peter Odili to be our next President, i don't know who told him we are still in the Ape like years, we have seen our man and whether PDP wants him or not we would make him President, if he does not contest on the PDP platform we would look for another party for him to contest Under. For my future and my kids future Donald is my man.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by spade: 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2006
Odeku:

bobo LEWA bawo ni now?

no mind them, but Ill rater have Duke that to have that TOOTLESS GENERAL

You are totally right. I think the best candidates are Donald Duke, Peter Odili and Orji Uzor Kalu.
Definitely not that unrepentant toothless general who's only motivation is the fact that Obasanjo ruled the contry after being head of state. The only people making noise for him are his lackeys.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Ndipe(m): 8:06am On Nov 17, 2006
Peter Odilli?. Dang, maybe, I should not listen to hearsays!!!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by fiadefemi(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2006
HI ALL,

ITS VERY INTERESTING TO READ ABOUT THE PERSON DONALD DUKES, DD, HIS PRECEDENTS, THE MARVELOUS THINGS HE HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO AS A GOVERNOR (AT LEAST COMPARE TO OTHERS)

I VE ALSO BEEN TO CALABAR ON TWO OCCASIONS AND I CAN ATTEST TO ALL THESE FACTS AND REASONS WHY WE HAVE TO ALL AS NIGERIANS CONSIDER HIM SERIOUSLY AS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY. I SEE IN HIM A MAN OF GOOD REPUTE, A MAN WITH A DISTINCT VISION. I SEE HIM AS A COMPASSIONATE AND CONSIDERATE MAN. HE HAS PROVED TO BE A MAN WHO CAN STAND ON HIS OWN AND DEFILE EVERY ODDS TO EXECUTE THE GOOD THINGS HE BELIEVES IN. WHILE EVERY OTHER PERSON TALKS ABOUT UNDUE INFLUENCES AS AN EXCUSE IN THE AFFAIRS OF THERE GOVERNANCES, THIS IS NOT THE CASE WITH DD. HE HAS BEEN ABLE TO PROVE TO ALL OF US THAT THIS COUNTRY CAN BE GREAT AND BE LIKE EVERY OTHER PLACES LIKE USA, BRITAIN, THAT WE ONLY NEED A QUALITY AND GOD FEARING LEADER LIKE HIMSELF IN THE REALM OF THE AFFAIR.

ITS HIGH TIME WE ALL BEGIN TO TALK ABOUT INDIVIDUAL NOT ETHNIC, I DON'T CARE IF SOUTH SOUTH OR SOUTH EAST OR A NORTHERNER BECOMES THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY AS MUCH AS I ALSO BELIEVE IN FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY. WHAT I SERIOUSLY CARE ABOUT IS A VERY GOOD LEADER LIKE DD WHO CAN MAKE ME HAPPY AS A NIGERIAN, WHO CAN MAKE ME PROUD AND GIVE THE CHILDREN AND YOUTH OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY A HOPE AND A BRIGHT AND CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT TO MOVE FORWARD AND DO GREAT THINGS JUST AS HE IS DOING IN CALABAR

I AM READY TO SUPPORT SOMEONE LIKE HIM. ABOVE ALL, HE IS YOUNG, HANDSOME, INTELLIGENT, ARTICULATE, INNOVATIVE, CREATIVE AND MANY MORE. HE HAS ALL IT TAKES TO REPRESENT MY INTEREST ITS HIGH TIME WE ALLOW AND GIVE SOMEONE LIKE HIM CHANCE TO RULE THIS COUNTRY.

WELL THE FACT REMAINS THAT DD IS ONE OF THOSE CONSTESTANTS THAT I STRONGLY BELIEVE IN. I MEANT THERE ARE STILL OTHER GUYS LIKE EL RUFAI, PROF PAT UTOMI AND PROF JERRY GANA. DD HAS TO COME WITH HIS MANIFESTOS

MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Mystique(f): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2006
Well, i dont know who i'm gonna vote for, but i definately know who i'm not going to vote for, (and Duke is one of them),

P.S: How old is he anyways? I think he's too cute to be president!!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by babalobi(m): 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2006
The declaration of Donald Duke excites us, and we have just created a forum for lively debate and discussion on his presidential ambition at www.christonline.info/donaldduke. We intend to use this forum to generate discourse on all aspects of his candidacy
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 10:58pm On Nov 17, 2006
Mystique,

how can someone be too cute to be president.
Is being cute now a crime
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by stanech: 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2006
Mystique:

Well, i don't know who i'm going to vote for, but i definately know who i'm not going to vote for, (and Duke is one of them),

P.S: How old is he anyways? I think he's too cute to be president!!

You don dey trip for the guy ?

LET US MAKE HIM (DONALD DUKE) OUR PRESIDENT I BET HE WILL DELIVER US FROM BACKWARDNESS!!!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by McKren(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2006
there is hardly anytopic in nairaland thats already running to the 7th page. I hope this guy is very popular as well on the streets of Nigeria. We need to make him Prez.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Mazi(m): 3:38pm On Nov 23, 2006
@Celemel

I disagree with you on having travelled the whole of Naija, and Calabar is the only state where things work.

Na lie.

Things work in Abuja and Enugu. I live in Abuja and I have been to Enugu to see things for myself. Calabar is also on the performance list, but not the only city in the list.

My brother in Law who is serving in Gombe informed me on the excellent infrastructure in Gombe and Bauchi State. I am visiting Yankari this December, so I'll confirm that, and I'll be in Calabar too this year. Heard so much about Calabar and Obudu.

There are some performing Governors and Cities in Naija.

Naija is not just Lagos o!

Abuja Rocks!

Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by nilla(f): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2006
Mazi:

There are some performing Governors and Cities in Naija.

Please name the performing governors?
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by Mazi(m): 8:45pm On Nov 23, 2006
Governors/Administrators of:

CROSS RIVER
FCT
ENUGU
EBONYI
BAUCHI
GOMBE
KADUNA
KANO
KWARA
EKITI
NASSARAWA

These are the few states I have credible information on. This is based on Basic Health Services, Education(UBE), Infrastructural development, Tourism, Water resources and Employment opportunities.

Although some of the governors of these states are under investigation for corruption and infact impeached in the case of Ekiti for corrupt practices, they still performed. We are of the opinion that they would have done even better if they were not thieves.

I believe Duke, Muazu(Bauchi), Buhari or El-Rufai will make a credible president for Nigeria. That's just my opinion. Nigerian's Votes will decide on that.

Have a nice day all.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by stanech: 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2006
Mazi:

Governors/Administrators of:

EBONYI
BAUCHI
GOMBE
KADUNA
KANO
KWARA
EKITI
NASSARAWA

I dont know much about these states but I think Ogun state should be there
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by bibi83: 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2006
its so funny how ppl (LEWA AND CO) come here and say DD is not fit for president or that he cant be trusted, guranteed no politican can be, but he has clearly proven that he has a love for nigeria and its ppl, WHO WILL U RATHER HAVE AS PRESIDENT: IBB, ATIKU, ODILI, JUST TO NAME A FEW OF THE DEVILS, name 1 thing each of the men have done, living in the diaspora and loving nigeria daily for its potential of wat she can become

DONALD DUKE, has everything it takes to bring NIGERIA out of DOOM, even if he steals, WHO CARES, u dont complain abt the ones who steal outrighlty without doing anything, even ODILI WHO FLAUNTS HIS WEALTH WHILE HIS STATESPEOPLE LIVE IN ABJECT POVERTY, or will ur rather have IBB OR ATIKU WHO DONT HAVE NIGERIA @ HEART,

WE need to check our priorities and know wat we want, DONALD DUKE ALL THE WAY, ill keep him in my prayers,

AND YES HIS STATE GOT A CLEAN BILL FROM EFCC, GO FIGURE,
HIS STATE IS ONE OF THE POOREST BUT HE STILL UTILIZED THE MONEY REAL WELL, IMAGINE WAT HE CAN DO FOR NIGERIA,

I LOVE PAT UTOMI TOO, BUT HE'LL BE BETTER OF A FINANCE MINISTER OR SOMETHING, I PICK DUKE OVER HIM CAUSE HE HAS EXPERIENCE AND HAS A PROVEN TRACK RECORD
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by stanech: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2006
bibi83:

DONALD DUKE, has everything it takes to bring NIGERIA out of DOOM, even if he steals, WHO CARES, u don't complain about the ones who steal outrighlty without doing anything, even ODILI WHO FLAUNTS HIS WEALTH WHILE HIS STATESPEOPLE LIVE IN ABJECT POVERTY, or will your rather have IBB OR ATIKU WHO DONT HAVE NIGERIA @ HEART,

I agree man
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by 4real(m): 8:47am On Nov 27, 2006
ah Mazi you just killed yourself am not going to talk on the other states but Ekiti, ah it shows u don't know what you are talking about, the thief that took 10 billion out of the 11.5 billion ment for the state and kills people at will. God pls
when we talk of people work, i mean see Duke he is not given much and yet see what he has done with the little, there is a saying he that is faithful in little will also be faithful in much.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by LePhilippe(m): 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2007
Zexyworm, i have read your numerous threads and quotes on Skyscrapercity.com but i am still awaiting a verification email before i can use that site to its full potential. OK, i see your point. Duke has partaken in a lot of projects but isn't that the method in which most Nigerian politicians steal money out of the country's economy. I mean look at the Abuja stadium, half of that money went to the person with the idea to build it. Here are some real problems that Mr. Duke has to face.

.Good Transport infrastructure
.Education and Health
.Power and Electrification
.Security and Policing

Until this man can prove to be a genius in these area before he is worthy of my vote.

Correct me if I am wrong but i don,t think he has tackled any of these issues in the Nigerian state of Calabar.

P.S Congrats to him for banning Okada - A dangerous death ride.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by LePhilippe(m): 12:24am On Feb 04, 2007
I am tired of hearing great news about DD. What has he done about the Education and Health sector of CAlabar. He seems to be concerned where the money is. This indicates some sort of corruption. I respect his great works such as the OKADA Ban e.t.c but what has he done really!! The Obudu Ranch was a good idea but is it me or are all the pictures of it bare. Doesn't this indicate that it wasn't a great success. Will TINAPA turn out this way Besides the point, the airport in calabar is disastrous. Hasn't he ever been told that to promote the tourism sector the airport is the gateway to a country or city. Secondly, Calabar's Dilapidated infrastructure and out dated CBD is an insult. If he wants to get anything done he has to start from the way bottom and work his way up wards. He just seems to be after the extravagant projects. The biggest, the longest, the fastest. When oh when is he going to concentrate on the basics such as EDUCATION AND SECURITY!!! People in Calabar are so poor yet he spends $300m to build Tinapa! Come on that is just walk before crawling.

Please correct me if I am wrong!!!!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For Presidency November 7 At Inter. Conference Cent., Abuja by celemel(m): 5:22am On Feb 05, 2007
@LePhilippe
Its clear you've not been to calabar in a long time. We have the best infrastructure here. CRUTECH had all its courses accredited by NUC, unlike other schoools, including UI and UNILAG! We have the best network of roads, than any other state capital in the south of Nigeria.

The Obudu Ranch was a good idea but is it me or are all the pictures of it bare. Doesn't this indicate that it wasn't a great success.

Whats the message here? Can you rephrase this? In case you don't have the time, I'd tell you to conduct some more study on the ranch project. It is the only tourist location in this country that remains fully booked 2 months away! I tell you, the state govt is making as much money from d ranch, as it is making from the federation accounts! That can't be referred to as a 'bare' place. Shine your eyes!

Will TINAPA turn out this way Besides the point, the airport in calabar is disastrous. Hasn't he ever been told that to promote the tourism sector the airport is the gateway to a country or city. Secondly, Calabar's Dilapidated infrastructure and out dated CBD is an insult.

Again, you haven't been to the Margaret Ekpo Airport in a very long time. It is one of the few working airports in Nigeria, with all the facilities in good condition. My idea of infrastructure are roads, electricity, water, sanitation, schools, hospitals. All of these are in the best forms possible. The roads are good (I said this earlier), electricty supply is improving (being the exclusive preserve of the FG), there has been constant potable water supply 24/7 since 2004 in every home, Calabar is the cleanest and neates state capital in Nigeria, the school system is top of the range with 2 functional high-end universities in Calabar alone, the health management system boasts of expert local and foreign doctors on call 24/7 and the hospitals are very efficient and functional with good facilities. When then lays your 'dilapidated infrastructure'?

Finally, I advice you to come to Calabar in the day, and get better informed before you end up misleading people on the forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Procurement Is The Nigeria's Weakest Link- Kachikwu / The Real Truth Behind The Bombed Helicopters In Orlu - PHOTOS / Akpata: UNIBEN Suspends Students’ Union Indefinitely After Clash On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.