Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH (16992 Views)

Economic Crises Force 300% Rise In Food Prices / Oil Prices Soar To $58 On Global Output Cut Deal / Dollar Scarcity: Traders Throng Aba, Onitsha, Lagos, Kano Markets - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by jantavanta(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2016
Imported Gods, Imported Goods.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by sucess001(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:
So i clicked on the link of the story.

Although the story appeared in the Punch Newspaper, it does not come with a Writers name, and that itself is suspicious. Another Brown Envelope quietly slipped into an Editorial member's hand(probably a PDP apologist) and that is why i am not buying this story.

Let us know who wrote this article, or this is just another alarmist article by those in the organized committee to jeopardize the good work and good name of President Buhari.

Verdict? Fake News.

this is no fake news and i am sure even you knw that.

You can check my previous posts prior to the election. i was one of the most hardest supporters of president buhari and i used my sphere of influence to campaign hard for him.

However, this govt has lost track and seem clueless as to the economic challenges before it.

The minister of finance is totally confused as to what to do...there is no blueprint to tackle the problem....no economic gameplan...all they shout is anti corruption on the pages on the pages on newspaper. Sad!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by YelloweWest: 8:18am On Feb 22, 2016
sdindan:
The most painful part of this is that our government is not saying anything about this dollar madness.

Cos it's buharis fault. He has nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by josephmbonu: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2016
The End of Nigeria is at hand. In few years to come this county so call Nigeria will fall into the Lake of fire and it will Burn

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 22, 2016
Nigerians...you have a presido who said 97%+5%=100% and a Minister of Finance who just recently said 16+6=26

Why won't our Economy suffer? grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by plaetton: 8:25am On Feb 22, 2016
Why should we be importing fishery products when Nigeria is almost surrounded by water ? shocked

Foreign fishing vessels from Europe encroach upon our territorial waters to fish. Who can ever calculate how much fish we lose through this kind of theft.

Our Navy, too busy aiding and abetting oil theft, feigns ignorance of these activities.

How can we be importing fishery products when millions of youths in Akwa ibom, Lagos, Rivers state, Bayelsa and Delta States sit idle , wasting away, while the fishes in the ocean are begging to add value to Nigeria's economic life

There are countries whose economies depend almost entirely on fisheries .

Oil is actually a curse.

I wish oil could crash to $10 and stay there for a few years.
It might just be the much talked about change we need.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by Fash20: 8:28am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Change is here.

The masses are seriously experiencing 'change' negatively. The good thing is brainwashed zombies are not exempted from the hardship.

Most of my zombie friends are already regretting voting the illiterate dullard, my usual response to them is "una never see anything yet grin grin grin "
After your "literate dullard" stole almost all our money abi.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by SeverusSnape(m): 8:31am On Feb 22, 2016
Fash20:
After your "literate dullard" stole almost all our money abi.
He stole all your money, and you're still alive?... Keep believing propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by pulsa(m): 8:33am On Feb 22, 2016
ilawanson44:
Nigerians...you have a presido who said 97%+5%=100% and a Minister of Finance who just recently said 16+6=26

Why won't our Economy suffer? grin grin
dude make your decision
is it 16+16=26
or
16+16=24
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by otitokoroleti: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

Although the story appeared in the Punch Newspaper, it does not come with a Writers name, and that itself is suspicious. Another Brown Envelope quietly slipped into an Editorial member's hand(probably a PDP apologist) and that is why i am not buying this story.

Let us know who wrote this article, or this is just another alarmist article by those in the organized committee to jeopardize the good work and good name of President Buhari.

Verdict? Fake News.
are you typing from another planet? go to market to confirm the price of daily need. maybe u r still eating frm mummy pot sha

7 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by tiwiex(m): 8:36am On Feb 22, 2016
We have been lazy sha. Look at the items. Croaker fosh from Turkey, oil from Malaysia. Ok oh. I really understand this restriction. I am more against the implementation. We don't have any safety nets and we would likely be worse off. So those importing croaker never for once thought of how we could get it locally? The dollar must have been quite cheap or what?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by 1Dray(m): 8:38am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

Verdict? Fake News.

What's fake about this news? It's obvious you don't stay any close to Nigeria. Even the blind, deaf and dumb can feel the heat of the very bad state the country is right now.

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by Manutd19: 8:42am On Feb 22, 2016
rozayx5:

leave the zombie

Rozay so you can post on nairaland abi?
You blocked a guy on whatsapp and even stopped replying our messages on a group you created after the promises.
Nigerians are quick to criticize others when they themselves are worse.
I will make a thread about this later.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by drss(m): 8:44am On Feb 22, 2016
rozayx5:
no solution in sight cause the president is on his way to"prayer"

by the time buhari is done with Nigeria . lines of milk and bread will return

firefire kenai flets anonimi theshadyexpress rose2014 drss

by d end of october dis year, zombies will ask GEJ for forgiveness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 22, 2016
plaetton:
Why should we be importing fishery products when Nigeria is almost surrounded by water ? shocked

I read that bit about importing fish and i thought to myself something is wrong somewhere. The whole of the south of Nigeria is surrounded by ocean; why are we importing fish again?
I also believe that we have flour mills in Nigeria
Many of the things we import can be made here
We import turkeys. Wont turkeys live in Nigeria?

If only the govt will provide steady power, accessible roads and good security

Maybe this is the wake up call
Maybe this is the point at which many unemployed youth with time on their hands will sit down, think of something to do and get moving.
There are so many areas that are crying out for development and tapping into
Maybe this is the time to put all those degrees to use

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by rozayx5(m): 8:56am On Feb 22, 2016
Manutd19:

Rozay so you can post on nairaland abi?
You blocked a guy on whatsapp and even stopped replying our messages on a group you created after the promises.
Nigerians are quick to criticize others when they themselves are worse.
I will make a thread about this later.

what is wrong?
which thread?
?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by plaetton: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2016
tearoses:

I read that bit about importing fish and i thought to myself something is wrong somewhere. The whole of the south of Nigeria is surrounded by ocean; why are we importing fish again?
I also believe that we have flour mills in Nigeria
Many of the things we import can be made here
We import turkeys. Wont turkeys live in Nigeria?

If only the govt will provide steady power, accessible roads and good security

Maybe this is the wake up call
Maybe this is the point at which many unemployed youth with time on their hands will sit down, think of something to do and get moving.
There are so many areas that are crying out for development and tapping into
Maybe this is the time to put all those degrees to use

Exactly.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by dustydee: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2016
I don't see much problem here.
Our rice and fish farmers can fill the gap. We don't have to import fish and vegetable oil.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by Pidggin(f): 9:02am On Feb 22, 2016
By the time hunger deal with some people for North and South West brain go reset grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by Icon4s(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2016
HungerBAD:

Verdict? Fake News.

What are you even talking about. Is he not saying the obvious?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by chinedu1nig(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Change is here.

The masses are seriously experiencing 'change' negatively. The good thing is brainwashed zombies are not exempted from the hardship.

Most of my zombie friends are already regretting voting the illiterate dullard, my usual response to them is "una never see anything yet grin grin grin "

I don't intend pitting my wit with you cos' its obvious there is no light at the end of your tunnel, as much as I fight to restrain myself in dignifying retards with response, i think people like you need help and I'm so convinced you've never handled dollar in your life. "if you know see canned tomatoes for market, u know go go plant one for your backyard?" and if yogurt hungry you and you can't afford it, won't you go and learn how to drink kunu. crying more than the bereaved. olee(thief)
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by zemaik(m): 9:08am On Feb 22, 2016
The worst part is that nothing tangible is being done by FG alleviate the pains of even those that ignorantly voted him into office. The country is on auto cruise.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by SeverusSnape(m): 9:11am On Feb 22, 2016
chinedu1nig:

[s]I don't intend pitting my wit with you cos' its obvious there is no light at the end of your tunnel, as much as I fight to restrain myself in dignifying retards with response, i think people like you need help and I'm so convinced you've never handled dollar in your life. "if you know see canned tomatoes for market, u know go go plant one for your backyard?" and if yogurt hungry you and you can't afford it, won't you go and learn how to drink kunu. crying more than the bereaved. olee(thief)[/s]

B00HARI remains a Clueless dullard. I wish I read the trash you wrote.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by zemaik(m): 9:15am On Feb 22, 2016
The worst part is that nothing tangible is being done by PMB to alleviate the pains of even those that ignorantly voted him into office. The country is on auto cruise.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by chinedu1nig(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

B00HARI remains a Clueless dullard. I wish I read the trash you wrote.
you will be stuck with this dullard for the next 8years god willing. I'm very sorry you gonna wail that long.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by poiZon: 9:41am On Feb 22, 2016
when lies bring someone to stardom, that person will need lies to keep him there.
I thought apc said local manufacturers r really happy n benefitting in this dollargate thing?
so why r they now cutting jobs n closing shops because of the same thing they were happy abt 2weeks ago?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by Manutd19: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2016
rozayx5:

what is wrong?
which thread?
?

for real rozay? I'm talking about the binary grp. Sort out the issue you have with a guy that trusted you with his account. Not fair what you did man.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by carinmom(f): 9:54am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Caring mom, Has B0ohari given your daughter/son his/her free meal he promised during the campaign?
Are you back from the exile
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by SeverusSnape(m): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2016
chinedu1nig:

you will be stuck with this dullard for the next 8years god willing. I'm very sorry you gonna wail that long.
See who's talking... We all shall be stuck with the illiterate dullard, And you will whine about us insulting the foolish old man.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by SeverusSnape(m): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2016
carinmom:
Are you back from the exile
Yes my love. I'm back, Did you miss me? kiss
Re: Dollar Scarcity: 40,000 Jobs Threatened, Food Prices Soar - PUNCH by artsoft1: 10:08am On Feb 22, 2016
IF WITH CORRUPTION 1 DOLLAR EQUALS 180NAIRA AND WITHOUT CORRUPTION 1DOLLAR EQUALS 400NAIRA. THEN SERIOUSLY WE NEED CORRUPTION IN THIS COUNTRY

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Cement Opens New Plant At Ibese, Ogun State / Banks Shut Doors On BDCs, Politically-Exposed Persons / What Business Can I Start-up With 300K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.