Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke (26566 Views)

House Of Reps Summons Ibe Kachikwu Over Fuel Subsidy Removal / For Slapping Onyemachi Mrukpor, Reps Summons CG Prisons / Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2016

The House of Representatives Ad hoc Committee investigating the Refined Product Exchange Agreement/Crude Oil Swap between the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation/Petroleum Pipelines Marketing Companies (NNPC/PPMC) has summoned the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, to explain her role in the award of contracts worth $24billion without valid agreements signed with the befitting companies.

Three former Group Managing Directors (GMDs) of the NNPC, Mr. Austin Oniwon, Mr. Andrew Yakubu and Mr. Joseph Dawha, who appeared before the committee last week, indicted the former minister, accusing her of extending the oil swap contracts for Duke Oil Company Incorporated and Trafigura B.V, without valid agreements.

The contracts for both firms had expired in October 2011, but they had continued to lift crude without formal contract extension for 20 months, lifting crude worth $24billion.

The contracts were formalised in December 2014 and backdated to cover the period from when they earlier expired.

The Chairman of the ad hoc committee, Hon. Zakari Mohammed (Kwara APC) in a telephone interview with THISDAY disclosed that the former minister would be invited by the committee.

“The former oil minister’s invitation will definitely go to her tomorrow (Monday). We are going to invite her, because contracts expired for 20 months, there was no renewal of contract, but the GMDs wrote to her, and she, on her own, approved the contracts,” he said.

It remains unclear how the former minister would be expected to honour the invitation following reports of her arrest in the United Kingdom, where her passport was also seized as part of her bail conditions.

Mohammed however explained that her not being able to appear is not a matter for the commitee, which has to have it on record that she was informed “that we need her attention…if we are now saying she will not show up, that is a matter of speculation.”

The lawmaker however debunked insinuations that the probe was targeted at the former minister, insisting that the House is determined to avoid a repeat of the sort of happenings that have been revealed in the course of the oil swap deals investigation.

“We need to know where she got her authority from, especially knowing fully well that the threshold of a minister is N100million, and these transactions were above N100million, so they ought to have gone the Federal Executive Council. These are the issues under which context we would invite her,” Mohammed added.

Speaking further, Mohammed disclosed that the Committee has directed Trafigura B/V to furnish it with its tax status in Amsterdam where the firm is registered.

Trafigura, between 2010 and 2014 lifted 12.5 million Metric tonnes of crude as part of the deal, but never remitted a kobo as tax to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). It’s Managing Director, Mr. James Juslin had told the committee that his company is not required to pay tax in Nigeria, as an international company, with no representatives in Nigeria.

“We are determined to ensure that every Naira and Kobo owed to the Nigerian government by Trafigura and erring companies, are recovered. We have written to them (Trafigura) to tell us their tax status in Holland where they are registered, and they replied that it is taking them time to get it. We have given them the next four to five weeks, and we told them if there is no reply by then, we would presume their status,” Mohammed told THISDAY.

The investigations continue as the former Managing Director of the PPMC, Mr. Haruna Momoh is expected to appear before the committee next week tomorrow.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oil-swap-probe-house-committee-summons-alison-madueke/232633/

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by divinehand2003(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2016
Don't they know that Diezani is under house arrest in the UK and her international passport has been seized? How then can she honour your invitation?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by dgr8truth(m): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
They just want to nailed her by all means. APC has made her public enemy two after GEJ. for their information she can not come to Nigeria for now, so the bunch of miscreants can as well go to the UK and ask her the series of unnecessary questions they intend to ask her, but for the now they should invite the present petroleum minister Mr bubu himself to tell nigerians why petrol is selling at N100 and N110 instead of the govt regulated price of N86:50k when during Diezani the former the Petroleum minister for 5yrs plus petrol was selling at govt regulated price nationwide and there were no queues.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by babs01(m): 2:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
No corrupt being will go unpunished

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by SeverusSnape(m): 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
I trust my Diezani. She's as clean as stainless steel, Even the dullards can't find any evidence against her.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by dunkem21(m): 2:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
grin It is just like the *house of commons* summoning Kanu where they know that his passport was seized ..

Cluelessness oozing everywhere .. undecided

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by theshaderoom: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by dustmalik: 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
24 billion dollars deal without paperwork. such things could only happen with an ineffectual baboon at the helm of affairs.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Progressive01(m): 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
I trust my Diezani. She's as clean as stainless steel, Even the dullards can't find any evidence against her.
Abegi. This your stuff is becoming stale and boring, even Chuckudi would be starring at you like "wtf".

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
Please what is the penalty if she fails to show up

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by mynd1(f): 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
Is it possible for her to honour d invitation? undecided
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by zicoraads: 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
Useless, toothless bull dogs!

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by benedictnsi(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
Keneking:
Please what is the penalty if she fails to show up

mynd1:
Is it possible for her to honour d invitation? undecided

Mynd44:
Correct me if I am wrong but can the HOR summon a private citizen (which she is right now)?

Shebi una phone d browse......... ask google

8 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Progressive01(m): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
With news like this, I'm too sure we'd see new pics of a sickly baldheaded ex-pet minister all over the place real soon. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by SeverusSnape(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
Progressive01:
Abegi. This your stuff is becoming stale and boring, even Chuckudi would be starring at you like "wtf".
Am I lying?... Didn't Buhari say they can't find any evidence against her?, I'm waiting for them to bring up some Phantom trumped-up charges.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Mynd44: 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
Correct me if I am wrong but can the HOR summon a private citizen (which she is right now)?
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by mynd1(f): 2:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
benedictnsi:

Shebi una phone d browse......... ask google
grin
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by benedictnsi(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
mynd1:
grin
See her long teeth
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Progressive01(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Am I lying?... Didn't Buhari say they can't find any evidence against her?, I'm waiting for them to bring up some Phantom trumped-up charges.
Baba leave all that thing. Your aggressive defence of crooks and would be crooks stem from three thing:

1. Your hatred for Buhari over his defeat of Jonathan.

2. Your hatred for APC.

3. Nnamdi Kanu's contentious detention.

All these are one way or the other connected to Buhari, so since you despise him so much, you will REJECT ANYTHING that has his imprint. Even if it is established she withdrew monies directly from your account and you know it, as far as it is EFCC under Buhari saying so, you would still call him names and say IT is a LIE. cheesy

By the way, it is the HoR doing this and not EFCC. But your hatred couldn't let you see that. cheesy

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by SeverusSnape(m): 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
Progressive01:
Baba leave all that thing. Your aggressive defence of crooks and would be crooks stem from three thing:

1. Your hatred for Buhari over his defeat of Jonathan.

2. Your hatred for APC.

3. Nnamdi Kanu's contentious detention.

All these are one way or the other connected to Buhari, so since you despise him so much, you will REJECT ANYTHING that has his imprint. Even if it is established she withdrew monies directly from your account and you know it, as far as it is EFCC under Buhari saying so, you would still call him names and say IT is a LIE. cheesy

By the way, it is the HoR doing this and not EFCC. But your hatred couldn't let you see that. cheesy
Trash. Off point. Rubbish.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by doctokwus: 3:34pm On Feb 22, 2016
Clowns everywhere.When Diezanni was in their backyard,they cudnt summon her, is it now that she is in the firm grip of the British,that they want to show their foolishness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
dgr8truth:
They just want to nailed her by all means. APC has made her public enemy two after GEJ. for their information she can not come to Nigeria for now, so the bunch of miscreants can as well go to the UK and ask her the series of unnecessary questions they intend to ask her, but for the now they should invite the present petroleum minister Mr bubu himself to tell nigerians why petrol is selling at N100 and N110 instead of the govt regulated price of N86:50k when during Diezani the former the Petroleum minister for 5yrs plus petrol was selling at govt regulated price nationwide and there were no queues.
no queues but paid subsidies to fraudulent companies to a tune of one trillion naira ..and even started prosecuting some by pdp...importation of fuel is an achievement in your sallow mind ....or revamping and expanding exiting one to save scale forex which haas been blown by jonath.and pdp importing petrol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by simplycarro: 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

She did not only ate your future and children's future, she ate your brain too.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by nairalandbuzz(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
[size=18pt]Story... Ao many has been sent to Jail?[/size]

Abi they are waiting to rehabilitate the cells before moving them there? A failed judiciary system is a failed government.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by kennyman2000(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ghen! Gehn!
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by ShitHead(m): 3:55pm On Feb 22, 2016
They wan tthem own share...too late. The money don finish.
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by boman2014: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
that very good
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
mynd1:
grin

can u please be my girl friend? i will take care of u and no sex till marriage i swear to God. pls reply

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Beremx(f): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2016
simplycarro:

She did not only ate your future and children's future, she ate your brain too.
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by tbaba1234: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
I doubt Diezani can leave the UK now.
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by ChappyChase: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
Summon indeed!!! How she wan take show Naija?
Re: House Of Reps Summons Diezani Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 22, 2016
Mynd44:

yes they can. i hope i dont get banned undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FFK Congratulates His Wife Precious, For Winning Most Influential Beauty Queen / Udom Emmanuel Set To Declare For Re-Election Tomorrow (Pics) / Tinubu Reacts To Tony Anenih's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.