Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records (37763 Views)

Fan Compares Yemi Alade And Davido To Tiwa Savage & Wizkid. Yemi Fires Back! / Wizkid To Tiwa Savage: 'Stay Sexy For Daddy' / Fan To Tiwa Savage: "Are You Dating Wizkid Or Not?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jiggaz(m): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2016
Tiwa Savage is one of the Nigerian songstresses that brought the DIVA PERSONAE into the music industry. I love Tiwa and her debut singles KELE KELE LOVE & LOVE ME LOVE ME are my most favorite songs of hers.

Immediately Don Jazzy signed her and brought her to Mavin, her sound changed. Starting with EMINADO, the song became a cross-over hit across Africa but the TIWA SAVAGE SOUND got lost and in its stead came the NIGERIAN PANGOLO SOUND, all thanks to Don Jazzy. Don Jazzy spoilt her CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN URBAN SOUND.

Her new album RED produced by Don Jazzy was WACK, save for a few songs. AFRICAN WAIST ft Don Jazzy was pushed into the market but It didn't do well. Although i love the video and also the ELECTRO-POP-DANCE sound of the music, Tiwa did well on that song. They quickly started pushing STANDING OVATION ft Olamide which to me, is a song that is 50 SHADES OF WACKNESS!!! Come on, this is not Tiwa's kind of music. Why are they now pushing her to sound ghetto? The song and the video are not hits, but i found out its climbing Nigerian Radio / TV charts all thanks to Don Jazzy's PAYOLA to Radio / TV OAPs. Well.... Seyi Shay will benefit more from all these.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
u dnt av to decide for her

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by olamds(m): 6:13pm On Feb 22, 2016
Creativity Is When You Shine Even Where People Thought You Are Going To Flop......TY .....Jo.....Iwo Sha Ma Demooonnn Lo....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by cruzita(f): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
undecided help us pursue her from Marvins

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by axortedbabe(f): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
Noise sells more in Naija

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by kimnicki(f): 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
that's what we Nigerians want,

ding ding gba gbe ko gbidigbidi

and then adele did hello and then our so called big musicians were doing cover song

I no know say dem dey like that kind song grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jiggaz(m): 7:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
cruzita:

2 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by holuwole12(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2016
Wu told u STANDING OVATION no make brain? Abeg bro receive COMMON SENSE Ijn!!!! grin grin

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by funnyme(f): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2016
Op when do you want to release your won album? Na only how you go take run person market down yu dey look for abi? Wait make I catch yu for dia first.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jiggaz(m): 7:53pm On Feb 22, 2016
holuwole12:
Wu told u STANDING OVATION no make brain? Abeg bro receive COMMON SENSE Ijn!!!! grin grin
You just exposed yourself as a Pangolo music lover.... i dont like Pangolo music... i love good music.... RnB, HipHop, Pop or Electronic Dance music... Nigerian pangolo music is a joke... Noise everywhere..

21 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
naija music where you go dey hear, walangolo pumba as lyrics,

and have you ever wonder why an american song of last five years still make sense again, if you hear it.

6 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Barrysleek(m): 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
Op i totally agree with you the same way don jazzy wants to kill dija's sound wtf is take kiss. Tiwa and Dija are strong on vocals but don jazzy is only interested in pangolo music.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by lloydpras: 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
When she leaves now...and start pleading for a come-back like EjaNla una go talk say DonJazzy proud!

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by hatux: 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Almost everything in Nigeria entertainment industry is pangolo...
Rubbish ti take over! Mt chew!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Forzap: 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
Mtcheeew undecided undecided
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by seankay(m): 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
She remains the best female Artiste in Nigeria after Asa

42 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by katerine7(f): 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
seankay:
your opinion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by seankay(m): 12:11am On Feb 23, 2016
katerine7:

your opinion
That's just the fact!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by druxy(m): 1:15am On Feb 23, 2016
op..go siddawn

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by katerine7(f): 8:37am On Feb 23, 2016
seankay:
That's just the fact!
seriously
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by rhymesnoni(m): 10:37am On Feb 23, 2016
Diz grl z beautufull, ah swear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jiggaz(m): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2016
rhymesnoni:
Diz grl z beautufull, ah swear.

3 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by porshuch: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
seankay:
lies lies! Abeg who is tiwa to omawumi, waje even small yemi alade. Tiwa sound is so auto tune. Anyway I don't like listening to her recent songs, The last time Tiwa sound so good was on that her song called Ife wa gbono.

12 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Ejytex(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
Chaiii Tiwa hot o...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by sukkot: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
if she like make she stay. na her wahala be dat na
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by BE811APP: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
I love standing ovation..

Na dis kind NL article go cuz confusion in Mavins

8 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
Don Jazzy come ooo !!! Bad Belle Spotted

8 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by EmekaBlue(m): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
wetin happen to dbanj go do u if u try am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Maximus85(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
Has anyone heard "Leave Slow" by Tiwa Savage? If you have, then you will know and understand what the OP is talking about. Tiwas sounds good for the naija music listeners but compared to what she used to sound like...... She is now wack.

4 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by MizTyna(f): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
cruzita:

Lol! Abi oh
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Soreza(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
TIWA LOOK DBANJ CAREER NOW O BEFORE U MAKE ANY UNNECESSARY MOVE.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Battle Over Rema’s Vest In Abuja (Photos) / Meet Ifu Ennada, BBNaija 2018 Housemate & Nollywood Actress / Annie Idibia Stunning Outfit To An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.