Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records (37754 Views)

Fan Compares Yemi Alade And Davido To Tiwa Savage & Wizkid. Yemi Fires Back! / Wizkid To Tiwa Savage: 'Stay Sexy For Daddy' / Fan To Tiwa Savage: "Are You Dating Wizkid Or Not?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by emenas(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
if to say she still dey sing doz slow slow rubbish songs, na only her family nd church members go dey buy her cds...but thnx to don jazzy i get all her collections and mixtape and albums.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Queenlet1(f): 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
Tiwa savage the Queen of mavin can not leave mavin except she decides to retire
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
kstyle2:
I for once have never considered tiwa savage to be an amazing artiste. She's very good but the 'mavin factor' played a huge role. the lady who I currently feel is the next big thing to happen is SIMI. Her latest single 'love don't care' is beyond description and whoever was behind the guitar wasn't born of a woman. Must have been a god aswear

What a comment..... cool cool cool Respect! Bro

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Guyman02: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
Iyanya once said that when he made sense as a musician named 'Desire' by singing blues he never smiled to the bank until he changed to dancehall which to him is not even a reflection of his full talents but it pays the bills. Same thing applies to Tiwa.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by ziggy1702(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
the big question the op refuses to answer is.....Leave MAVINS to where? the truth is that in Nigeria trash music sells more, that is why a Lil kesh will have more fan base than a Timi Dakolo. so if Tiwa is not complaining then dont drink panadol for her headache

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by ziggy1702(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
henrydadon:
who the hell is jiggaz to be writing memo to tiwa savage.. na wa o..some people just spew trash just because they have internet access
exactly my thought too

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by modelboy(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
jiggaz:
You just exposed yourself as a Pangolo music lover.... i dont like Pangolo music... i love good music.... RnB, HipHop, Pop or Electronic Dance music... Nigerian pangolo music is a joke... Noise everywhere..
well every one has his/her own taste to music. i love metal music alot. you can't expect every one to have the same idea or oppinion as you.

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by harjayi(m): 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
lloydpras:
When she leaves now...and start pleading for a come-back like EjaNla una go talk say DonJazzy proud!
who told you dbanj is pleading to come back. guy you need to attend MFM for help.

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Teespice(f): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
do you know her? yes

does she know you? I doubt.

at the end of the day, your talk is inconsequential to her. it's not as if she will see the epistle you wrote.

talk about jiggaz drinking paracetamol for tiwa savage's headache.

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by 247Dior(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
jiggaz:
Tiwa Savage is one of the Nigerian songstresses that brought the DIVA PERSONAE into the music industry. I love Tiwa and her debut singles KELE KELE LOVE & LOVE ME LOVE ME are my most favorite songs of hers.

Immediately Don Jazzy signed her and brought her to Mavin, her sound changed. Starting with EMINADO, the song became a cross-over hit across Africa but the TIWA SAVAGE SOUND got lost and in its stead came the NIGERIAN PANGOLO SOUND, all thanks to Don Jazzy. Don Jazzy spoilt her CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN URBAN SOUND.

Her new album RED produced by Don Jazzy was WACK, save for a few songs. AFRICAN WAIST ft Don Jazzy was pushed into the market but It didn't do well. Although i love the video and also the ELECTRO-POP-DANCE sound of the music, Tiwa did well on that song. They quickly started pushing STANDING OVATION ft Olamide which to me, is a song that is 50 SHADES OF WACKNESS!!! Come on, this is not Tiwa's kind of music. Why are they now pushing her to sound ghetto? The song and the video are not hits, but i found out its climbing Nigerian Radio / TV charts all thanks to Don Jazzy's PAYOLA to Radio / TV OAPs. Well.... Seyi Shay will benefit more from all these.
op your really suffering from short memory
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Trunaijian: 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
Maximus85:
Has anyone heard "Leave Slow" by Tiwa Savage? If you have, then you will know and understand what the OP is talking about. Tiwas sounds good for the naija music listeners but compared to what she used to sound like...... She is now wack.
yes. I have.no doubt, Tiwa's sound has been changed since joining mavin- Pangolo things. I guess Don jazzy wanted more commercial appeal. But in my opinion, Pangolo things is not for Tiwa. She is more of a smooth singer.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by UjSizzle(f): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
She needs to sing Queen Bey's Listen to herself and Don Jazzy.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by sinola(m): 5:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
jiggaz:
Tiwa Savage is one of the Nigerian songstresses that brought the DIVA PERSONAE into the music industry. I love Tiwa and her debut singles KELE KELE LOVE & LOVE ME LOVE ME are my most favorite songs of hers.

Immediately Don Jazzy signed her and brought her to Mavin, her sound changed. Starting with EMINADO, the song became a cross-over hit across Africa but the TIWA SAVAGE SOUND got lost and in its stead came the NIGERIAN PANGOLO SOUND, all thanks to Don Jazzy. Don Jazzy spoilt her CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN URBAN SOUND.

Her new album RED produced by Don Jazzy was WACK, save for a few songs. AFRICAN WAIST ft Don Jazzy was pushed into the market but It didn't do well. Although i love the video and also the ELECTRO-POP-DANCE sound of the music, Tiwa did well on that song. They quickly started pushing STANDING OVATION ft Olamide which to me, is a song that is 50 SHADES OF WACKNESS!!! Come on, this is not Tiwa's kind of music. Why are they now pushing her to sound ghetto? The song and the video are not hits, but i found out its climbing Nigerian Radio / TV charts all thanks to Don Jazzy's PAYOLA to Radio / TV OAPs. Well.... Seyi Shay will benefit more from all these.

i detect ethnic remark here.....who was tiwa befor joining Marvins record.
\

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jazzboi: 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
EmekaBlue:
wetin happen to dbanj go do u if u try am
Abeg wetin happen to Dbanj?
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jazzboi: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Soreza:
TIWA LOOK DBANJ CAREER NOW O BEFORE U MAKE ANY UNNECESSARY MOVE.
Pls what has happened to his career?
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by porshuch: 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
etibaba:
Tah! cmon after Asa no other Nigeria female musician. I repeat no other Nigeria female musician can stand where tiwa stands. Where Omawumi dey for Nigerian music mtchwwwww or you think we are talking abt making Adele's hello cover?
Have you asked yourself why Adele song is the most downloaded song, is because of her vocal dexterity, not auto tune tiwa. TIWA IS EVEN WACK WHERE YEMI ALADE DEY.

YEMI HAS A VERY GOOD SONG IN FRENCH AND SWAHILI LANGUAGE . TIWA NA TINTINKANKAN MUSICIAN. Tiwa should vacate the music stage, let her go and pound fufu for tbilliz. YEMI TI TAKE OVER. YEMI IS WELL KNOWN IN AFRICA , UNLIKE TIWA THAT HAS NEVER EVER SOLD OUT ANY CONCERT.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by kaybee88(m): 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
jiggaz:

nobody forced you to like nigerian songs, shebi ed sheeran is still releasing songs, you can follow him

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Dopebibs04(m): 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
she is Marvin's first lady, I see no reason why she should leave now
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by weebee(f): 6:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
A good musician follows the trend. The so call pangolo music is what most nigerians prefer for now and if you want to remain relevant you better give it to them. While at it, don't forget your identity by making sure u still do good music because that's what will last longer and probably outlive you. The ever greens! Make sure u have one or two.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Adortem: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
Exactly! I didn't enjoy the new album RED,it doesn't sound like her at all,she is now even sounding razz...
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by austynoh: 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
holuwole12:
Wu told u STANDING OVATION no make brain? Abeg bro receive COMMON SENSE Ijn!!!! grin grin
My guy you yarn well...

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by teeastute(m): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
She can survive standing alone
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by djraymy(m): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
wailer, wetin concern you?
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jippyjappa: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
jiggaz:
You just exposed yourself as a Pangolo music lover.... i dont like Pangolo music... i love good music.... RnB, HipHop, Pop or Electronic Dance music... Nigerian pangolo music is a joke... Noise everywhere..
My brother, we have so many genres of music of which pangolo is one of them; you must not love every genre of music,that's why we have choices,so if you're not cool with pangolo music, live it and listen to the music you're cool with .Diversification even makes music more interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by jiggaz(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
darmys:

Hi, I would like to share this to my blog interesting read.
If you say yes. Who do i give credit to... Jiggaz cheesy ?
If you say NO *sad face*
Yea... you can share it on your blog... no wahala.... And yes you can give credit to JIGGAZ.....
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by okusflick: 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
Barrysleek:
Op i totally agree with you the same way don jazzy wants to kill dija's sound wtf is take kiss. Tiwa and Dija are strong on vocals but don jazzy is only interested in pangolo music.

I really don't care what don jazzy thinks but sincerely he trashed tiwa savage's career. Her best songs are still kelekele and her second song. I bet she traded it all.

1 Like

Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Ghost447(m): 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
nunamyeong:

naija music where you go dey hear, walangolo pumba as lyrics,

and have you ever wonder why an american song of last five years still make sense again, if you hear it.
What is five years? Say fifty (50) years.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by UIA04(f): 8:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
jiggaz:
I also think we are still not there yet musically in naija. However as long as it puts food on the table and encourages young guys not to steal then let them continue what they do best. I mean guys like Lil kesh don't orisefemi and so on don't stand a chance in the first round of any singing competition. I'm glad they still have this opportunity to do something with their lives order than engage in vices
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by ernieboy(m): 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
lloydpras:
When she leaves now...and start pleading for a come-back like EjaNla una go talk say DonJazzy proud!
Unlike dbanj she was already a star b4 joining mavin records.
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by darmys(f): 8:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
jiggaz:
Yea... you can share it on your blog... no wahala.... And yes you can give credit to JIGGAZ.....

I just did. thanks smiley kiss
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by chesterlee(m): 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
okusflick:

I really don't care what don jazzy thinks but sincerely he trashed tiwa savage's career. Her best songs are still kelekele and her second song. I bet she traded it all.

Big lie!!!

Her best song is Eminado which won her the 'Best female act' award at the MAMAS 2014
Re: Memo To Tiwa Savage : Its Time To Leave Mavin Records by Princephelar(m): 8:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
nunamyeong:

and have you ever wonder why an american song of last five years still make sense again, if you hear it.
And av u ever wonder Y Asa's Bibanke,Bamidele,Baby is gone etc and Brymo's Good Morning, Ara,His work on MI's Action Film, Ice's Oleku and Dare Art Alade is still making brain afta dez yrs?
Pls letz stop talkin like all artists in naija are wack... Many are tho bt den alwys rememba to talk abt d few once...
Aramide d headies winner is hitin d industry.
As unblivabu as diz may sound 5 starz got a guy who sings Yani's genre like Jazz yall rantin abt wack song won't even buy dem songs on iTunes... Abeg no make me vex OOOOO... grin
nunamyeong:

And av u ever wonder Y Asa's Bibanke,Bamidele,Baby is gone etc and Brymo's Good Morning, Ara,His work on MI's Action Film, Ice's Oleku and Dare Art Alade is still making brain afta dez yrs?
Pls letz stop talkin like all artists in naija are wack... Many are tho bt den alwys rememba to talk abt d few once...
Aramide d headies winner is hitin d industry.
As unblivabu as diz may sound 5 starz got a guy who sings Yani's genre like Jazz yall rantin abt wack song won't even buy dem songs on iTunes... Abeg no make me vex OOOOO...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Shares Photo Of Her Office / Onye Eze's girlfriend speaks on arrest of Okoro Blessing being publicity stunt / Genevieve Nnaji Naija Photo Shoot.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.