Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,926 members, 7,844,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Those Expecting Me To Defend Buhari Will Be Disappointed - Ogunlesi(photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Expecting Me To Defend Buhari Will Be Disappointed - Ogunlesi(photo) (750 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Comment About Ex-President Yar'adua's Health / Northern Elders Vow To Defend Buhari Presidency / Military Coup:would Nigerians Defend Buhari Like Turks Did For Edogan/Goverment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Those Expecting Me To Defend Buhari Will Be Disappointed - Ogunlesi(photo) by jonhemma11: 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on New Media, Tolu Ogunlesi, has hinted that his new position would not chart the course of others before him.

According to him, his advisory role in the president’s team will be more than just defending the government.

Ogunlesi, who was speaking on Monday, February 22, at the Social Media Week currently going on in Lagos, was quoted by the organizers as saying, “I’m going to disappoint people that think the work of a PA is to trend hashtags and defend the government.”

Ogunlesi’s appointment was announced on Thursday last week amidst mixed reactions.

Some applauded it as well-deserved and others adjudged it as yet another violation of the pre-election promise of the All Progressives Congress, APC, to reduce the number of political appointees.

His appointment brought the total number of the President’s media aides to 4.

However, Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, insisted the current administration has cut down the number of ministers from 42 to 36, and ministries from 29 to 19.

“The latest appointment of Tolu Ogunlesi, what are we talking about?” he questioned reporters on Sunday.

“The fact is that the new media has come to stay and you must get a grip of it. Today’s social media is almost setting the agenda for government in a way the traditional media is not doing, so it will be unwise for a government not to recognise that.”

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/those-expecting-me-to-defend-buhari.html

Re: Those Expecting Me To Defend Buhari Will Be Disappointed - Ogunlesi(photo) by jonhemma11: 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
Re: Those Expecting Me To Defend Buhari Will Be Disappointed - Ogunlesi(photo) by Tunami(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2016
jiaa, this guy wants to play with his job, bubu will just sack you if you dont always defend him like lai mohammed, garba shehu and femi adesina.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Not Needed In Metuh’s Trial – EFCC / Army Foils Boko Haram Attack On Dikwa Town [pics] / Senate Backs Re-structuring Of Nnpc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.