Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Would The World Be A Better Place If: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would The World Be A Better Place If: (1300 Views)

Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses / An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place / Will The World Had Been A Better Place Without Religion? Your Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would The World Be A Better Place If: by mantraa: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2009
, all non believers dropped dead and went to hell and only the true believers in Jesus Christ were left behind?
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by posakosa(m): 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2009
if religion didn't exist.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by posakosa(m): 12:01am On Jul 11, 2009
Imagine if everyone went to hell and heaven didn't exist, or vice versa!
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by mantraa: 11:14am On Jul 11, 2009
Non believers in Jesus Christ will be given the chance to repent and convert of course, but if they don't, then according to revelations they will have 7 years of great tribulations to look forward to before being cast into the eternal torture chamber called hell.

Then according to which denomination you subscribe to, only the true Christians will be left to live forever in paradise on earth or in heaven.

This all sounds much too heartless and barbaric for a 'loving' god's plan for humanity. Why would one rejoice in the return of Jesus Christ if it will result in the torture and deaths of billions of innocent people?

It is more akin to the final solution. Why would you care about people who are going to hell anyway - lets just eliminate them all now. Then the world will be a perfect paradise basking in the glory of god's love. smiley
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2009
Will Heaven be populated by heartless people? I've wondered since I was a child that when I get through the pearly gates how comfortable would I be? How comfortable would I be knowing that somewhere else there are multitudes of people burning and suffering in extreme torment. Could I enjoy heaven knowing that that was going on somewhere.

I remember going to a club and getting in but my friends couldn't get in. In the end I couldn't stay in the club because I thought it better to keep my friends company.

Knowing that there are so many people that you've known and loved burning in eternity, how can you enjoy heaven. Unless the ability to empathize is removed from all citizens of heaven. Or maybe we will lose our memories so we don't know or care.

Any other way and my time in heaven would probably be spent petitioning Jesus to let some people that knew and loved into heaven.

Maybe that is what the catholics are talking about when they talk of the saints praying for them and all that.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by Recognise: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Will Heaven be populated by heartless people? 

I've wondered since I was a child that when I get through the pearly gates how comfortable would I be? 

How comfortable would I be knowing that somewhere else there are multitudes of people burning and suffering in extreme torment. 

Could I enjoy heaven knowing that that was going on somewhere . . . 

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

- Pastor AIO

Where does it say heaven is a residence for man? . . .

How are you comfortable say eating at least three square meals a day

when there are multitudes dying of food starvation elsewhere

not able to put together a simple morsel for a meal

Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2009
Recognise:

@ Pastor AIO

How are you comfortable say eating at least three square meals a day when there are multitudes dying of food starvation elsewhere

not able to put together a simple morsel for a meal

I am not comfortable with that. No way!

That's one of the things I hate so much about being in 9ja. The plight of the people is just so overwhelming and I feel so powerless to do anything about it.

There is a part of the brain that can block off that knowledge but it is temporary. The horrid feeling comes back eventually.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by noetic2: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I am not comfortable with that. No way!

That's one of the things I hate so much about being in 9ja. The plight of the people is just so overwhelming and I feel so powerless to do anything about it.

There is a part of the brain that can block off that knowledge but it is temporary. The horrid feeling comes back eventually.

since u are not comfortable with this fact, why do u still eat three square meals?
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2009
If you're a prophet then you are a false prophet because you've missed the mark completely. My dietary habit does not involve 3 square meals a day.

When I eat I eat because I'm hungry. That is an instinct. You don't have to be comfortable with eating before you eat. However feasting everyday when others are going hungry suggests to me that one is a cold hearted soul.

Don't try to defend it. Even if you are one such selfish soul, deep down you ought to know that it is wrong.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by noetic2: 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2009
Pastor AIO:

If you're a prophet then you are a false prophet because you've missed the mark completely. My dietary habit does not involve 3 square meals a day.

When I eat I eat because I'm hungry. That is an instinct. You don't have to be comfortable with eating before you eat. However feasting everyday when others are going hungry suggests to me that one is a cold hearted soul.

Don't try to defend it. Even if you are one such selfish soul, deep down you ought to know that it is wrong.

whats the meaning of all this u wrote above?

u were not comfortable in a club cos ur friends were denied entry, as such u wont feel comfortable in heaven knowing that ur friends are in hell.

since there are also millions of people living in poverty and without food in nigeria, what have u done to ur portion of 3 square meals?
is that too hard to answer?
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by jagunlabi(m): 1:33pm On Jul 11, 2009
Ditto. smiley
posakosa:

if religion didn't exist.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2009
noetic2:

whats the meaning of all this u wrote above?

u were not comfortable in a club cos ur friends were denied entry, as such u wont feel comfortable in heaven knowing that ur friends are in hell.

since there are also millions of people living in poverty and without food in nigeria, what have u done to ur portion of 3 square meals?
is that too hard to answer?

I don't eat 3 square meals.  It is not part of my eating pattern.  (that's why I say your prophecy is false. Unless na prophecy I don't know how you know that I eat 3 square meals, you don't know me.)

The part about clubs is an allegory.  What you should get out of it is that if you have any feelings for someone then you can't be enjoying yourself when those people are suffering.  It's quite simple really.  It's a human trait called Empathy.

If you are not getting anything from what I wrote then just ignore it.  I don't fancy talking round and round in circles this afternoon.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by Recognise: 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2009
Noetic2 to Pastor AIO:

Whats the meaning of all this u wrote above?

You were not comfortable in a club cos ur friends were denied entry,

as such you wont feel comfortable in heaven knowing that ur friends are in hell.

Since there are also millions of people living in poverty and without food in nigeria,

What have u done to ur portion of 3 square meals?

Is that too hard to answer?

Pastor AIO response to Noetic2:

I don't eat 3 square meals.  It is not part of my eating pattern. 

The part about clubs is an allegory. 

What you should get out of it

is that if you have any feelings for someone then you can't be enjoying yourself when those people are suffering. 

It's quite simple really. 

If you are not getting anything from what I wrote then just ignore it. 

I don't fancy talking round and round in circles this afternoon.

[size=16pt]@^ [/size]

- Noetic2

grin You won't catch Pastor AIO out easily like that

He's as slippery as an eel . . .

He'll slip through your hands when you'd thought you've caught him . . .  grin

Mind you the goal post will likely be moved during the course . . .

Dont underestimate him - do at your peril

Bide your time when tackling him . . . or Huxley2 grin 

Choose your battles (i.e. He who runs away, lives to fight another day)

and consider multiple moves ahead (i.e. his & yours) before launching a step . . .  wink
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by sweetpie23: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2009
there would still be poverty stupid, and the world would never be a better place when people are poor. a hungry man is a non believe.
how would people sing in church when they have not eaten for two days or so?
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2009
Recognise:

[size=16pt]@^ [/size]

- Noetic2

grin You won't catch Pastor AIO out easily like that

He's as slippery as an eel . . .

He'll slip through your hands when you'd thought you've caught him . . .  grin

Mind you the goal post will likely be moved during the course . . .

Dont underestimate him - do at your peril

Bide your time when tackling him . . . or Huxley2 grin 

Choose your battles (i.e. He who runs away, lives to fight another day)

and consider multiple moves ahead (i.e. his & yours) before launching a step . . .  wink

I really don't know what you're trying to catch out. Instead of trying to decipher what I write and looking for meanings that are not there, it is better to just take it for what it is. Criticize it, yes. If I am wrong on any point I am happy to concede. I've done so many times on Nairlaland.

My agenda, or my Manifesto is blatantly obvious. I have stated it many times on Nairaland and beyond.

I'll repeat it here for your clarification. If you like read something slippery into it, that is your prerogative and I can't do anything to stop you.

1- That Human's have an appropriation.
2- That this appropriation has been articulated variously in different cultures around the world throughout history.
3- That following this appropriation is the truest way to worship God.
4- That following this appropriation is the only way to find happiness and self fulfillment in life.

This is where and how the goal post stand. I don't think that they have ever moved. If you have been hoping to 'catch me out' by making me say something other than these things then it becomes clear why your futile hopes have ended in frustration.

I don't get the comparison with Huxley. Perhaps you could explain that a bit more.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by jagunlabi(m): 2:28pm On Jul 11, 2009
The world will be a better place if:
We get rid of the EGO.The ego is the source of all evil,or better said,all negativity in the world.Without it,the world will be peaceful again.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by Recognise: 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I really don't know what you're trying to catch out. 

Instead of trying to decipher what I write and looking for meanings that are not there, it is better to just take it for what it is.  Criticize it, yes. 

If I am wrong on any point I am happy to concede.  I've done so many times on Nairlaland. 

My agenda, or my Manifesto is blatantly obvious.  I have stated it many times on Nairaland and beyond . . .

This is where and how the goal post stand.  I don't think that they have ever moved.

If you have been hoping to 'catch me out' by making me say something other than these things

then it becomes clear why your futile hopes have ended in frustration.

I don't get the comparison with Huxley.  Perhaps you could explain that a bit more.

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

- Pastor AIO

What an admirable quality you have there - honesty

Didnt mean "catching out" literally, you should know better

Though you are in a different camps

People dont understand you and Huxley

They underestimate both your intelligence  . . .

They think you are walkovers hence the potshots taking

only to get backlashed with a bruise . . .
Am outta ere, have a plane to catch, laters cya . . .
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2009
Recognise:

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

- Pastor AIO

What an admirable quality you have there - honesty

Didnt mean "catching out" literally, you should know better

Though you are in a different camps

People dont understand you and Huxley

They underestimate both your intelligence  . . .

They think you are walkovers hence the potshots taking

only to get backlashed with a bruise . . .
Am outta ere, have a plane to catch, laters cya . . .

Perhaps if, rather than be rely on intelligence and cleverly catching each other out, we just tried to be as truthful as possible and accept the truth as it presents itself without preconception etc then our positions in debate will be a lot stronger. The Ego will not get hurt when you lose an argument, but instead we'll be happy that we've been rid of a misconception.

I don't argue to win the argument but rather to explore to the topic. I value the opposing viewpoint as much as my own (sometimes).

Have a nice flight. Where are you going? Anyway, Be Good, and if you can't be Good be careful, and if you can't be careful name it after me.
cool
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by noetic2: 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I don't eat 3 square meals.  It is not part of my eating pattern.  (that's why I say your prophecy is false. Unless na prophecy I don't know how you know that I eat 3 square meals, you don't know me.)

what has prophecy got to with this? since u can afford to use the internet, it means u fare better than those who cannot feed once in a day.

The part about clubs is an allegory.  What you should get out of it is that if you have any feelings for someone then you can't be enjoying yourself when those people are suffering.  It's quite simple really.  It's a human trait called Empathy.

does empathy include dissatisfaction? was that not what u implied in the club and heaven scenario? why is food now a big deal for u?

If you are not getting anything from what I wrote then just ignore it.  I don't fancy talking round and round in circles this afternoon.

Think u points straight before u paste them. u are not addressing a bunch of uneducated illiterates.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2009
noetic2:

what has prophecy got to with this? since u can afford to use the internet, it means u fare better than those who cannot feed once in a day.

does empathy include dissatisfaction? was that not what u implied in the club and heaven scenario? why is food now a big deal for u?

Think u points straight before u paste them. u are not addressing a bunch of uneducated illiterates.

Okay, I'm going to give this one more try and if you can't respond with anything intelligent I suggest we go our own separate ways.

noetic2:

You don't know me so when you tell me that I eat 3 meals a day I can only presume that you are exercising some prophetic ability. A poor prophetic ability that is giving you wrong information because I don't eat 3 meals a day.
You'll have to explain to me why using internet means that I have no empathy. That one is beyond me.

noetic2:

If someone is suffering and I empathize with that person then yes I will feel dissatisfaction. Surely you can see that. Yes that is what I implied in the club and heaven scenarios. what has food got to do with any of that. You are the one who brought food into the discussion. Food is not a big deal for me. Maybe it is for you and it is a subliminal indication of your state of malnourishment (whether physical or spiritual may be revealed by further investigation).

noetic2:

You could have fooled me. You do a really good impression of one.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by noetic2: 2:53pm On Jul 12, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Okay, I'm going to give this one more try and if you can't respond with anything intelligent I suggest we go our own separate ways.

You don't know me so when you tell me that I eat 3 meals a day I can only presume that you are exercising some prophetic ability. A poor prophetic ability that is giving you wrong information because I don't eat 3 meals a day.
You'll have to explain to me why using internet means that I have no empathy. That one is beyond me.

whats the meaning of this rubbish u keep posting about? what has prophecy got to do with this?
dont u eat? how about those who dont? what have u done to ur food because of them?

If someone is suffering and I empathize with that person then yes I will feel dissatisfaction. Surely you can see that. Yes that is what I implied in the club and heaven scenarios. what has food got to do with any of that. You are the one who brought food into the discussion. Food is not a big deal for me. Maybe it is for you and it is a subliminal indication of your state of malnourishment (whether physical or spiritual may be revealed by further investigation).

You could have fooled me. You do a really good impression of one.

This is very unintelligent. why is it so hard to apply the same club and heaven logic to ur daily life with regards to food et all?
I know why. . . that must be because ur initial opinion reflected deeply rooted illiteracy. u had no understanding of the implications of ur assertions.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2009
Thank you. I think we're done now.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by noetic2: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Thank you. I think we're done now.

u are welcome.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by Rilwayne001: 7:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Of course annunaki2 and other them Christians will agree with you. cheesy
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by kevoh(m): 8:37am On Aug 11, 2016
I believe the context of the terms ''Prophet'' and ''Prophecy'' was well explained by PastorAIO as simple as possible. Don't know why the other dude was finding it difficult to comprehend.
Re: Would The World Be A Better Place If: by PastorAIO: 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2016
kevoh:
I believe the context of the terms ''Prophet'' and ''Prophecy'' was well explained by PastorAIO as simple as possible. Don't know why the other dude was finding it difficult to comprehend.

cheesy cheesy What a blast from the Past!! Those were the good old days of NL when the 'christian' still attempted to be logical.

(1) (Reply)

Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? / A Nigerian Nurse In Uk Had Her Nursing License Revoked For Calling On Jesus. / The Intolerance Of The Muslim Mod: Maclatunji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.