Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,125 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? (1299 Views)

Why Do Christians Believe In These? / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by debosky(m): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2009
Given the Climate Change Conference going on in Copenhagen this week, I'd like to pose a question to Christians out there, particularly the 'young earth creationists' as some term themselves.

The scientists claim the earth is warming as a result of CO2 increases in the atmosphere, and a significan deal of the evidence relates to air stored in antarctica showing elevated CO2 millions of years ago correlating with high temperatures then as given in the following quote:

Analysis of air trapped[b] for millennia[/b] in Antarctic ice shows that the growth in atmospheric CO2 between the last Ice Age and the Industrial Revolution has already been matched by what we have generated since.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/eureka/article6933589.ece

From the above quote, if global warming is true according to scientists, then the earth is definitely millions of years old, not the thousands claimed by 'young earth' Christians.

So what say you? Intelligent and mature responses please - no insults or threats of damnation.
Re: Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by noetic15(m): 11:17pm On Dec 08, 2009
if u believe aliens are going to invade the earth to bring about the end of the world. . . then u can also believe in global warming.

and have u come across this piece of news: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/leaked_mail_urge_to_hide_drop_in_EFwfj3Fx7WGTe3BuOXtplK
Re: Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by debosky(m): 11:21pm On Dec 08, 2009
So I should mark you down in the NO category?

I have come across the news story, but a few emails cannot change independent sets of data held by other scientific bodies.
Re: Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by noetic15(m): 11:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
debosky:

So I should mark you down in the NO category?

I have come across the news story, but a few emails cannot change independent sets of data held by other scientific bodies.

Yes. . . I belong to the No.

But that indictment involves most of the power brokers. . . , scientists in UK and US. that should tell u something?
Re: Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by debosky(m): 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
noetic15:

Yes. . . I belong to the No.

But that indictment involves most of the power brokers. . . ,[b] scientists in UK and US. [/b]that should tell u something?

Hardly. . .the so called 'power brokers' in the US are some of the LOUDEST Climate Change (the quote I posted is from an American) skeptics in the world. I don't buy into shallow conspiracy theories so I'll have to disappoint you on that one.

Oh. . .one more thing - if you read the original article I posted you'd have seen the following:

The evidence is sufficiently compelling for the science academies of America, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Russia and the United Kingdom to conclude: “There is now strong evidence that significant global warming is occurring. It is likely that most of the warming in recent decades can be attributed to human activities.”

Oh I guess China, India, Japan and Brazil are also the 'power brokers' and in on the conspiracy?
Re: Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by SeanT21(f): 12:32am On Dec 09, 2009
Do not believe in it eventhough I did a project on it for class and watched the Inconvenient truth.
Re: Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by C2H5OH(f): 12:41am On Dec 09, 2009
Yeah global warming indeed. It just recently snowed in California yesterday. California is normally a relatively snow-free region.
Re: Do Christians Believe In Global Warming/climate Change? by tiatma: 2:05am On Dec 09, 2009
. . . Sorry couldnt resist

Here is the sure sign of global warming . . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t91-mYYUlc0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Gospel Radio Debuts / Dear Christians, How Did The Devil Steal, Kill And Destroy? / Uthman Dan Fodio’s Great Grandson Now A Great Man Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.