Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,479 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala (33355 Views)

Asian Bank, AIIB, Appoints Okonjo-Iweala To Advisory Panel / Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots / Court Orders Okonjo-Iweala To Account For Missing N30tn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DropShot: 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
IVORY2009:

Ofcourse it does not affect the matter @ hand, but I am just wondering, why u hv to keep changing ID's to post in a forum like dis... Ur aims seems strange to me...
Answer my question or keep quiet forever. How did you know I'm PassingShot and Omenka at the same time?

Not that I say I'm not one or the two, but how did you know?
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 23, 2016
RisingSun1:
Mr Man Okonjo have 3 international jobs at the
moment.So that doesn't not mean competence to
you? It was under her watch that Nigeria became the
largest economy in Africa.
Never you link the current Nigeria's economic woes
to Okojo.During her time,Okojo initiated Sovereign
wealth fund to save our excess crude fund for the
raining days.But Amaechi as the Governor forum
chairman and his Apc group fought against it.They
politicized it and insisted that Exceed crude fund
must be shared amoung states of the federation.They
were afraid of FG having lots of fund going into 2015
election.
Now they have succeeded in sharing the money,part
of it was used by Apc states to fund Buhari
election.So never you blame Dr Okonjo Iwuela.

you are really NAÏVE aren't you?

1. okonjo has an international job as a way of thanking her for favors received from her while the prime minister in Nigeria, and I also suspect, for ruining our economy.

2. Under her watch Nigeria became the largest economy on PAPER. How many other large economies in the world do you know that runs on generators

3. under her watch, money, huge money, I mean gigantic sums of money developed legs and simply walked out of the nation's coffers via the CBN.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by lailo: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2016
I think some posts are just foolish posts and should not be allowed on dis platform Nairaland.This one is abusing our collective reasoning,im disappointed
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by nelsonoba: 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
DropShot:

Crap!

What happened to the FG's share of the billion dollars in the ECA?
Excuses will not cut it for you guys. Not everyone will reason like Ineffectual Buffoons that GEJ and NOI are.

It is blind followership by people like you......and Oshiomhole too that has put Nigeria into this One Chance Bus till 2019!

You call GEJ and NOI ineffectual buffons, but they both managed the economy better than the greenhorn your President gave us after many months of searching. a greenhorn who could not add up 16+6 to get the correct answer, but she wants to manage the Nigerian economy.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by IVORY2009(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23, 2016
DropShot:

Answer my question or keep quiet forever. How did you know I'm PassingShot and Omenka at the same time?

Not that I say I'm not one or the two, but how did you know?

I hv answered ur questions times without number, to know if u are passingshot/Omenka, I did a research, n its positive.

N:B~tips all ID uses similar grammatical phrase, and all ID can not post @ same time etc grin cheesy
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DropShot: 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
nelsonoba:

It is blind followership by people like you......and Oshiomhole too that has put Nigeria into this One Chance Bus till 2019!

You call GEJ and NOI ineffectual buffons, but they both managed the economy better than the greenhorn your President gave us after many months of searching. a greenhorn who could not add up 16+6 to get the correct answer, but she wants to manage the Nigerian economy.
I can bet my life you can't be older than 22. If you were older, you would have known that today's realities are a result of past years wrong decisions and choices. Kids everywhere on the internet. I no blame you sha.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DropShot: 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
IVORY2009:

I hv answered ur questions times without number, to know if u are passingshot/Omenka, I did a research, n its positive.

N:B~tips all ID uses similar grammatical phrase, and all ID can not post @ same time etc grin cheesy
Sorry to burst your bubble, you're wrong. QED.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by IVORY2009(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
DropShot:
Sorry to burst your bubble, you're wrong. QED.
ok! Do you want me to proof it, using pictures frm all ID's but later in d day?
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by JahJaa(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
lailo:
I think some posts are just foolish posts and should not be allowed on dis platform Nairaland.This one is abusing our collective reasoning,im disappointed

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DropShot: 3:12pm On Feb 23, 2016
IVORY2009:

ok! Do you want me to proof it, using pictures frm all ID's but later in d day?
Please go ahead if you're able to prove it. I am one of the two monikers you're mentioning but not the two. So, which one?
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DesChyko: 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
Aufbauh:
This man Femi Aribisala is a full blooded and self confessed wailer. If you've not seen or heard a wailer before please visit or listen to him.

His rambling has no bearing nor direction, he raged in anger with no substance. This is why he is ignored by all such that he lives in isolation hallucinating.

Moreso, he should have known that Okonjo-Iweala belong to the woeful past, and no one will want to remember a past that is shameful and pathetic.

Better a wailer than a political fanatic.

Anybody could easily see that you side-stepped puncturing any of his submissions, instead uttering broad, yet non-precise nor practical rebuttals in the face of the economic challenge.

That, my friend, solves nothing.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by oyodoja: 3:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
Truth is bitter they say, Femi continues to be a patriotic Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Eluwilussit(m): 3:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
Obiagelli:
Okonjo iweala that could not manage an oil boom should come and manage glut?

Femi aribifool.

Did u read the post at all? He stated categorically, how Oshimole and fellow governors frustrated all effort to save through subsidy removal, creation of excess crude account and so on. The governors insisted on sharing any excess cash and even went to court. They blackmailed FG and short-changed Nigerians.

How do you blame Iweala for lack of savings? She was not the president. She didn't have powers to enforce anything. She merely proposed or opposed. While she isn't perfect, everything Aribisala said about her and her tenure is true. If only GEJ had any ball, his govt would have achieved a lot with Iweala as finance minister.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by nelsonoba: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
DropShot:

I can bet my life you can't be older than 22. If you were older, you would have known that today's realities are a result of past years wrong decisions and choices. Kids everywhere on the internet. I no blame you sha.

This is how people lose their lives for nothing! Imagine betting with your life over somebody you've never seen before? I'm sure that was also how you bet for Buhari & APC before the elections, but now you're very disappointed and you should actually be ashamed that you were part of the people who elected a government that can't prepare an ordinary budget.

Buhari is merely repeating history; he was in power in the 80's and the economy suffered, there were massive job losses, and many companies folded as a result of poor economic policies. you can google these facts for yourself.
today, history is repeating itself after Nigerians like you voted in the current President. what is happening now is similar to what happened between 1983 - 1985. go and google the facts for yourself!

FYI, I was born in the 1980's
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DropShot: 3:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
nelsonoba:

This is how people lose their lives for nothing! Imagine betting with your life over somebody you've never seen before? I'm sure that was also how you bet for Buhari & APC before the elections, but now you're very disappointed and you should actually be ashamed that you were part of the people who elected a government that can't prepare an ordinary budget.

Buhari is merely repeating history; he was in power in the 80's and the economy suffered, there were massive job losses, and many companies folded as a result of poor economic policies. you can google these facts for yourself.
today, history is repeating itself after Nigerians like you voted in the current President. what is happening now is similar to what happened between 1983 - 1985. go and google the facts for yourself!

FYI, I was born in the 1980's
You're still a kid.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by nelsonoba: 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
DropShot:

You're still a kid.

I know you're a "wannabe adult", cos if you were a true adult, you should have known by now, that Nigeria is in crises and it is people like you that put us there! The GEJ you claimed spoilt Nigeria obviously managed the "spoilt" Nigeria far better than the "Messiah" President you elected now. Maybe your common sense will come alive when you start buying a satchet of pure water for N50. untill you wake up from your dream, keep believing that a clueless president will salvage your economy.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DropShot: 3:37pm On Feb 23, 2016
[s]
nelsonoba:

I know you're a "wannabe adult", cos if you were a true adult, you should have known by now, that Nigeria is in crises and it is people like you that put us there! The GEJ you claimed spoilt Nigeria obviously managed the "spoilt" Nigeria far better than the "Messiah" President you elected now. Maybe your common sense will come alive when you start buying a satchet of pure water for N50. untill you wake up from your dream, keep believing that a clueless president will salvage your economy.
[/s]
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by trainingict: 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Elosky20:
so we should bring her back to come and finish our remaining foreign reserve. somebody that cannot manage the economy when oil was sold at $60 per barrel but rather decided to push us into debt by borrowing everywhere, to the extent that they cant pay workers, and she still removed $5 billion frm our foreign reserve.
nw you want her to manage naira when oil is sold at $30 per barrel, that means you want her to sell nigeria.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/cbn-spends-4-7bn-to-defend-naira/
The economy was nt bad under Jonathan because our foreign reserve was big enough to defend the naira. when this same issue happened in 2008 our foreign reserve was $62 billion dollars, and they removed $20 bilion dollars to defend the naira. also when this oil fall started 31st december 2014 to may 2015 they removed $5 billion to defend the naira. nw the foreign reserve is $28 billion how do we get $20 billion to defend the naira till oil price rise again, considering that the reserve is $2 billion below safety ratio.
http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/the-67-billion-foreign-reserves-legacy-2/
Where will buhari get the money from to defend the naira now

Before I begin, point of correction, Oil benchmark used for budget is much lower than the actual cost of oil per barrel. Under Okonjo -Iweala, crude oil rose to between $140/barrel, $115/barrel, etc before it finally fell toward the end of GEJ tenure. Prices above the budget benchmark is kept in excess crude oil account (ECA). They spent all the huge money they made. What they left as reserve is not up to what they met. So I assume, the money presently in reserve is part of what OBJ government left in 2007.

The wastage drew the anger of Prof Charles Soludo & some other well meaning economists while the foreign countries keep observation tabs. Prof Soludo & madam okonjo-Iweala exchanged words. Where in situation that demands for convocation of conference on existence of Nigeria beyond oil.

Baba Adeboye told us early in the year that oil that fluctuates upward up to above $135/barrel now coming down to $40 and below means the economy is in problem but God will take us through.

People complain about budget missing and being replaced. A budget that has not been passed and not even debated and senators know there is a problem. Even if it is replaced before it is debated does that bring in dollars or bring an alternative to dwindling oil revenue which financed almost 90% of the budget the previous years? Do they have any suggestion?

The woman is a waster and a prodigal woman who was lucky to work under a president that attracts goodwill and supported by god of luck. She wasted money heavily under a high corrupt subsidy regime and vendatta tribal corruption.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by trainingict: 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
Before I begin, point of correction, Oil benchmark used for budget is much lower than the actual cost of oil per barrel. Under Okonjo -Iweala, crude oil rose to between $140/barrel, $115/barrel, etc before it finally fell toward the end of GEJ tenure. Prices above the budget benchmark is kept in excess crude oil account (ECA). They spent all the huge money they made. What they left as reserve is not up to what they met. So I assume, the money presently in reserve is part of what OBJ government left in 2007.

The wastage drew the anger of Prof Charles Soludo & some other well meaning economists while the foreign countries keep observation tabs. Prof Soludo & madam okonjo-Iweala exchanged words. Where in situation that demands for convocation of conference on existence of Nigeria beyond oil.

Baba Adeboye told us early in the year that oil that fluctuates upward up to above $135/barrel now coming down to $40 and below means the economy is in problem but God will take us through.

People complain about budget missing and being replaced. A budget that has not been passed and not even debated and senators know there is a problem. Even if it is replaced before it is debated does that bring in dollars or bring an alternative to dwindling oil revenue which financed almost 90% of the budget the previous years? Do they have any suggestion?

The woman is a waster and a prodigal woman who was lucky to work under a president that attracts goodwill and supported by god of luck. She wasted money heavily under a high corrupt subsidy regime and vendatta tribal corruption.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Nazacent: 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
It haf reach to begoo. Condition to critical

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Montaque(m): 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nijagobeta:
Beg her for what exactly? To continue her paper improvements? And keep lying to us so she can get more foreign post.

Rubbish upon rubbish
So what do u call the present economic picture of nigeria? Reality?
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Did u read the post at all? He stated categorically, how Oshimole and fellow governors frustrated all effort to save through subsidy removal, creation of excess crude account and so on. The governors insisted on sharing any excess cash and even went to court. They blackmailed FG and short-changed Nigerians.

How do you blame Iweala for lack of savings? She was not the president. She didn't have powers to enforce anything. She merely proposed or opposed. While she isn't perfect, everything Aribisala said about her and her tenure is true. If only GEJ had any ball, his govt would have achieved a lot with Iweala as finance minister.
Did he also mention the Okonjo and gej was secretly withdrawing from the savings before the governors protested?
Does he think he is talking to fools? why didnt governors protest when Obj was saving.

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Montaque(m): 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
azzima:
Nigerians were scammed with Okonjo ' s World Bank resume. Just like CHUKWUMA SOLUDO said "She was a secretary for the world Bank and not an economist. It's like saying that the head of Customer service of a bank is a Banker. Not all Bank employees are automatically called Bankers.The result of it is how she mismanaged our economy. If we can only remove tribalism from our psyche, then we will see how she obviously failed. Kemi Adeosun will be judged after her tenure.

In case u need to know,Prior to her ministerial career in Nigeria, Okonjo-Iweala was vice-president and corporate secretary of the World Bank Group.
Effective from 2007, she again became the managing director of the World Bank.
In 2012, she was one of the contestants to the post of the world Bank president at the eve of The end of the then president.
I wonder how a common secretary of the World Bank or the head of the customer service can contest the position of the world Bank president or the MD of the bank?
Nb. Nobody, even SOLUDO can assail her achievements
If SOLUDO has an Axe to grind, he shouldn't resort to distortion of facts
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by honeychild(f): 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
byteem:

GUY/ BABE..TALK WITH SENSE NAA.. NO BE TODAY CRUDE OIL PRICE FALL.. ITS BIN FALLING FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS .. AND FOR SOME REASON THE DOLLAR NEVER WENT BERSECK AGAINST THE NAIRA.. OKONJO ALWAYS MANAGED TO KEEP IT IN CHECK... U THINK SAY IM EASY TO GET WORLD BANK CONTACTS... SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

SHE HELD BACK THE DOGS ALL THE WHILE .. NOW SHE IS GONE .. ITS NO HOLD BARRED MUNCHING OF OUR NAIRA... JONA MAY HAVE BEEN CLUELESS BUT NOW WE REALIZE HE DINT HAVE A CLUELESS ECONOMIC TEAM AFTERALL...

The foreign reserves left by Obasanjo were used to defend the Naira and keep it stable. Our foreign reserves have now practically finished. And oil prices at $65 and oil prices at $30 are not the same thing.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by StarMogul(m): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
esmeralda1:
Op summary would have been better, the post is just too long.
People like you,I weep for..Nigeria's education system is at fault somewhere.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by seunt4ut(m): 4:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
Osezua:

http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/171314-2/
All I read here is wanted wanted wanted lol you can do better
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Eluwilussit(m): 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
Obiagelli:

Did he also mention the Okonjo and gej was secretly withdrawing from the savings before the governors protested?
Does he think he is talking to fools? why didnt governors protest when Obj was saving.

So why ain't we going after GEJ? We are no fools either way. GEJ is responsible for everything under his watch. Iweala wouldn't withdraw without GEJ's consent. Is there no reason why GEJ is not being prosecuted? Does GEJ know too much about the anti-corruption crusaders?

I am yet to understand why the smaller fishes are being hounded, while the main perpetrator is chilling in his mansions. I still need to understand why GEJ is a free man, while Dasuki, Iweala, Diezani and co are persecuted/prosecuted. angry angry angry
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by esmeralda1(f): 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
StarMogul:
People like you,I weep for..Nigeria's education system is at fault somewhere.
WEEP for yourself joblessness at its peak
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by obailala(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Obiagelli:

I kind of agree with Eluwilussit, the problem wasn't NOI but Jonathan himself. However NOI should have just resigned just the way she did when OBJ wanted to start messing her up. If we check history very well, everywhere in which NOI failed under GEJ, she actually did well under OBJ. NOI achieved her world acclaim when she worked with OBJ, all economic indices were on a steady rise but the whole story strangely changed when she worked with GEJ.

@Obiagelli, I remember the state governors also prevailed on OBJ/NOI to share the ECA funds. They termed the account 'illegal' and even took him to court but OBJ in his stubborn ways vehemently refused to crack; same also happened with Yaradua but he equally refused. But the very second GEJ assumed office, one of the first things he did in 2010 was to share the ECA money in order to curry favour from the governors for his 2011 ambition. I think OBJ was right when he said NOI is a genius but she has her weaknesses and needs to work with a smart boss if she must excel.

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by seunt4ut(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
DropShot:

If she like let her have 20 international appointments, it doesn't change the fact that she failed in managing our economy during oil windfall.
What did she and the fg leave behind in the SWF?

What did the FG do with her own share (55%) of the ECA that was shared?
Were the governors wrong to ask for the money to be shared when each time they got to meeting they discovered that the account had been depleted without their knowledge and approval?

Despite selling crude above average of $100 a barrel, Ngozi and GEJ had to resort to borrowing to pay FG workers salaries in March and April 2015, yet you think she was the best thing to happen to Nigeria since independence?

Abeg, swerve.

Don't mind those people talking about ECA. It was on live program Godswin Akpabio said there's nothing like ECA that not country like nigeria will have ECA because we haven't got enough to develop not to talk of excess. Which is a common sense statement. So Ex Finance Minister was just a media economist and window dresser.

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
Eluwilussit:

So why ain't we going after GEJ? We are no fools either way. GEJ is responsible for everything under his watch. Iweala wouldn't withdraw without GEJ's consent. Is there no reason why GEJ is not being prosecuted? Does GEJ know too much about the anti-corruption crusaders?

I am yet to understand why the smaller fishes are being hounded, while the main perpetrator is chilling in his mansions. I still need to understand why GEJ is a free man, while Dasuki, Iweala, Diezani and co are persecuted/prosecuted. angry angry angry
Is nigeria sane enough to try an ex president? time will tell.

NOI's time has passed, but ediots won't stop telling us how she would have done better that someone that has barely spent 4 months. Save for the naira, things were a lot worse under NOI when oil prices fell to $60
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Akiika: 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Come on folks! NOI did a horrible job with our economy, we are simply experiencing the aftermath. In a sane clime, this woman should be answering questions on the account of her stewardship. Nobody can magically repair the damage Jonathan and his gang of thieves rendered the country for 5 years, in 8 months. Let's eschew election loss bitterness and be objective. Oil, our main ForEx is at it all time low, we don't produce any other thing.
Femi Aribisala is just a bitter old man that will do or say anything to criticize this government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti Governorship Election: Police Officers In High Spirits (Photos) / Kwara State Governor, PDP Guber Candidate In Bribery Scandal (pictures) / Roads: 5 States To Get N148bn Refund As Senate Approves Buhari's Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.