Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala (33346 Views)

Asian Bank, AIIB, Appoints Okonjo-Iweala To Advisory Panel / Some Nigerians Beg Okonjo-Iweala To Help With Economy On Facebook. Screen Shots / Court Orders Okonjo-Iweala To Account For Missing N30tn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
obailala:
I kind of agree with Eluwilussit, the problem wasn't NOI but Jonathan himself. However NOI should have just resigned just the way she did when OBJ wanted to start messing her up. If we check history very well, everywhere in which NOI failed under GEJ, she actually did well under OBJ. NOI achieved her world acclaim when she worked with OBJ, all economic indices were on a steady rise but the whole story strangely changed when she worked with GEJ.

@Obiagelli, I remember the state governors also prevailed on OBJ/NOI to share the ECA funds. They termed the account 'illegal' and even took him to court but OBJ in his stubborn ways vehemently refused to crack; same also happened with Yaradua but he equally refused. But the very second GEJ assumed office, one of the first things he did in 2010 was to share the ECA money in order to curry favour from the governors for his 2011 ambition. I think OBJ was right when he said NOI is a genius but she has her weaknesses and needs to work with a smart boss if she must excel.
Gej though a fine gentleman was more a disaster. I blame obj for the greed of 3rd term rather than preparing someone to take over from him.

Like Obj said in his book, NOI needs a firm hand to guide her through success.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Eluwilussit(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
obailala:
I kind of agree with Eluwilussit, the problem wasn't NOI but Jonathan himself. However NOI should have just resigned just the way she did when OBJ wanted to start messing her up. If we check history very well, everywhere in which NOI failed under GEJ, she actually did well under OBJ. NOI achieved her world acclaim when she worked with OBJ, all economic indices were on a steady rise but the whole story strangely changed when she worked with GEJ.

@Obiagelli, I remember the state governors also prevailed on OBJ/NOI to share the ECA funds. They termed the account 'illegal' and even took him to court but OBJ in his stubborn ways vehemently refused to crack; same also happened with Yaradua but he equally refused. But the very second GEJ assumed office, one of the first things he did in 2010 was to share the ECA money in order to curry favour from the governors for his 2011 ambition. I think OBJ was right when he said NOI is a genius but she has her weaknesses and needs to work with a smart boss if she must excel.

I agree totally, with all your summations. I just pray we are able to come out of this. I wish we can forget party for now and pull together. Take the best brains. No matter the party, religion, tribe, gender, etc. Even the nationality--- the president of Bank of England is Canadian. It is only a job. Soon, as things be sef, we fit employ a president from another country. As long as naija go better. grin grin grin
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Eluwilussit(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2016
Obiagelli:

Gej though a fine gentleman was more a disaster. I blame obj for the greed of 3rd term rather than preparing someone to take over from him.

Like Obj said in his book, NOI needs a firm hand to guide her through success.

You are 100% correct. Most times, I blame OBJ for foisting a man who was not prepared on us. GEJ is a good man but a weak president. OBJ is a "bad" man but a strong president. PMB? it is too early to conclude. He really needs more time. Yar'Adua in my opinion, would have been the best if not for his illness. May his soul r.i.p.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2016
Eluwilussit:

You are 100% correct. Most times, I blame OBJ for foisting a man who was not prepared on us. GEJ is a good man but a weak president. OBJ is a "bad" man but a strong president. PMB? it is too early to conclude. He really needs more time. Yar'Adua in my opinion, would have been the best if not for his illness. May his soul r.i.p.

Yar'Adua is a story for another, i don't fancy him one bit, the fact that he reversed all that Obj did was very silly, especially the power and rail projects that gej had to reaffirm.
This is why i am happy to hear the pmb won't be cancelling projects initiated by gej
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Abukc(m): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2016
Are they not the one that rubbish GEJ administration.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Eluwilussit(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
Obiagelli:

Yar'Adua is a story for another, i don't fancy him one bit, the fact that he reversed all that Obj did was very silly, especially the power and rail projects that gej had to reaffirm.
This is why i am happy to hear the pmb won't be cancelling projects initiated by gej

Well, if PMB doesn't cancel GEJ initiated projects, that's a big credit to his govt. It means that there will be some continuity. I am happy to hear that.

About Yar'Adua, if he did it, I want to believe that there might be a good reason for that. Still, no matter the reason, absolute cancellation of projects is bad and unacceptable. He could have reviewed them if he felt they were not properly handled. Well, I am not surprised though. We are yet to embrace true nationalism. Hardly has anyone of our leaders risen above bias, nepotism, self-centredness and greed.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by aresa: 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
Okonjo-Iweala: The Failed Minister

[b]She came into the office in 2011 promising to turn around the economy and was even named Coordinating Minister of the economy, a position that does not exist in Nigeria’s constitution.

Under her watch, Okonjo-Iweala forced Nigeria to create a Sovereign Wealth Fund of $1billion, a novelty in a country that has always consumed all its oil income, leaving nothing for the future. She also re-introduced some transparency in public finance, by publishing the monthly allocations going to all tiers of government.

However, she has been unable to tame the bigger monsters. Under her watch, the combined domestic and external debt of the Federal Government ballooned to $40 billion by the end of 2014. Abandoned capital projects also litter the country with completion costs estimated at over $50 billion. Some of the projects include the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Shagamu-Benin Expressway, the second Niger Bridge, the East-West Road and many others. Contractors in many sites have left and have sacked thousands of workers.

The woman styled as the co-ordinating minister has watched helplessly as the Federal Government indulged in a series of financial recklessness, such as the wasteful National Conference that gobbled over N10 billion and the establishment of new Federal universities when the existing ones are poorly funded. Such is the pattern of reckless expenditure that at the moment, Nigeria’s foreign reserve has dropped to $29 billion, from the $43 billion met by the Jonathan administration.[/b]

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/okonjo-iweala-the-failed-minister/

Come back to steal and give our money to Dasuki number 2 to share with you are your cronies...?

We are still getting bombarded daily with all the atrocities her and her cronies committed against the people of nigeria..

Back to sender...
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by DropShot: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
klimson:

Is it English you don't understand or you don't have sense? Idiot!
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun, please put this guy in order.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by djraymy(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
afroniger:

Haba. Let us not only beg her but also beg PDP to come back and borrow over a billion dollars to pay salaries like Iweala did last year before she handed over, deplete the foreign reserves, lie about economic statistics, and diversify the economy they failed to diversify for 16-years o. What PDP failed to do in 16-years, i am sure they will perform magic after we beg them back this time around. I can't shout oooooo.
abi o, who's fooling who

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by StarMogul(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
esmeralda1:

WEEP for yourself joblessness at its peak
Wow...I am shocked dat u were able to read up wat I posted being how lazy u r towards a reasonable article.I just feel dat d reading culture is bad nd I weep for u.But if it's wizkid's song u will know it back to back....I WEEP FOR U...
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Geeflow(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
OLADD:

I can bet it with you that Kemi Adeosun would rather pray and fast for that "paper improvement" than the Naira free falls happening under her nose. Take it or leave it, Okonjo Iweala was a better economy manager.
nobody is argueing the fact that Okonjo Iweala is beter economist compare to Kemi Adeosun,the question is was Okonjo really positively affect the economy when she was managing it?
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Pavarottii(m): 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
Obiagelli:
Still under Okonjo iweala oil price at $60

Mass Sack At Diamond Bank

The economic downturn in the
country, coupled with the difficult
regulatory climate, seems to be
taking its toll on the financial sector
as one of the top financial
institutions, Diamond Banks Plc has
sacked over 1,000 workers.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/14/mass-sack-at-diamond-bank/

Mass sack under Super Gej/Noi? what is lai mohammed smoking

Nigeria’s power generation at “all-time low”; crashes to 1,327MW

Nigeria’s overall electricity
generation has dropped to an
unprecedented low of 1,327
megawatts, the Ministry of Power
said Friday, a week before the
transfer of power from President
Goodluck Jonathan to President-
elect Muhammadu Buhari.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183496-nigerias-power-generation-at-all-time-low-crashes-to-1327mw.html

Today the story is different
All ur posts are trash!
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by stonemasonn: 8:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sunnycliff:
The zombies will rather prefer #1000:1$ than allowing the financial amazo to come for their rescue.
What will the mama amazon do aside collecting economic expos from IMF. Abeg Okonjo Iweala should be thrown in the dustbin of history for LAWMA to collect. She's not the only economic expert in the country.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Dbeliever(m): 10:36pm On Feb 23, 2016
I knew from the onset that Adams Oshiomole was your point of target. But where has the economic reform or rather the economic blue print taken us to The most important thing is to try to avoid leakages while maintaining efficiency regime. TSEHEMBA, CHRISTIAN AONDOAVER DBELIEVER writing from MAKURDI BENUE STATE.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Dbeliever(m): 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2016
THAT MEANS THERE IS NO NEED FOR NOTURING YOUNGER ONES AS LONG AS THE AGED ARE STILL ALIVE. OK IF THAT IS THE CASE SOME PUBLIC CIVIL SERVANTS LIKE PROFESSORS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LECTURE IN SCHOOLS FOR LIVE BECAUSE THERE EXPERIENCE IS MUCH!!!!!!!!!
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Dbeliever(m): 10:49pm On Feb 23, 2016
This woman may have little or no knowledge on the recent developments in the economic sector reforms maybe due to novel computer evolutions. The fact is that this woman can be consulted wherever she is and not necesarily when she is made a minister.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Febcom(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nijagobeta:
Beg her for what exactly? To continue her paper improvements? And keep lying to us so she can get more foreign post.

Rubbish upon rubbish
Many youths that comments on naira land lacks wisdom and could not understand economy blueprint than what lair Muhammad preach
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by ChinoJeff: 11:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Bubu is a huge tribalistic tyrant who will rather allow Nigeria to be left in the worst economic woes than to hire an economic technocrat especially from the SE to manage the affairs of the country as he believes they have PDP blood running in their veins.

I assume Bubu's delay in appointing an economic adviser is because he has never seen any manageable one from the North. We know he will never interfere to save Nigerian economic crisis now until it gets to a more devastating stage and then his cabinets knows who to balme- GEJ.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by koolModee: 11:39pm On Feb 23, 2016
Your head no bracket, Mr. Femi.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by bofoy(m): 11:45pm On Feb 23, 2016
DropShot:
Femi Aribisala is an old foool.

If not, how does a sane man canvass for the return of a finance minister who failed woefully in managing bounty harvest to come and mange austere period?

The overhyped economist who couldn't diversify the economy during surplus earnings is the person the lunatic Aribisala is asking us to bring back!

And talking about the revelations in the budget, it is actually a credit to Buhari that we're getting to know the existence of bloated figures contained therein. In the past, the presidency would have done a deal with the NASS such that the budget is not fully discussed to reveal those padding before it's passed. But because we have a president who will not do a deal to shortchange Nigeria, we're able to know how the budget cabals have been stealing us blind.

Yes, the presidency made some mistakes by not being very deligent with the budget, but the fact that heads have rolled and more will still roll for the budget padding is a testament to the president's readiness to take actions to correct mistakes.

To hell with Femi Aribisala and his unpatriotic cohorts.
i don't kwn why foolish people always finds it difficult to see the truth

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Iyoma2(f): 3:55am On Feb 24, 2016
DropShot:
Femi Aribisala is an old foool. Thou shall not call a fellow Human a Fool.

If not, how does a sane man canvass for the return of a finance minister who failed woefully in managing bounty harvest to come and mange austere period?

The overhyped economist who couldn't diversify the economy during surplus earnings is the person the lunatic Aribisala is asking us to bring back!

And talking about the revelations in the budget, it is actually a credit to Buhari that we're getting to know the existence of bloated figures contained therein. In the past, the presidency would have done a deal with the NASS such that the budget is not fully discussed to reveal those padding before it's passed. But because we have a president who will not do a deal to shortchange Nigeria, we're able to know how the budget cabals have been stealing us blind.

Yes, the presidency made some mistakes by not being very deligent with the budget, but the fact that heads have rolled and more will still roll for the budget padding is a testament to the president's readiness to take actions to correct mistakes.

To hell with Femi Aribisala and his unpatriotic cohorts.

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by Ikiriye(m): 9:54am On Feb 24, 2016
Tribalism is so much in this govt and that is what will ruin it.if after winning an election and a president will continue to use phrase like 5 percent from ss and s. east then if the best economic adviser comes from these region he will never accept it.very sorry state.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by orisa37: 11:07am On Feb 24, 2016
We know and can understand all you have said. Thanks for reminding us again. It's Nigeria we are talking about, not Buhari this time, not Oshimhole, not Lie Muhammad, not Tinubu, not Okworocha, not GEJ, not cluelessness and not mumuism. We had a gold medalist and threw her away cos we were hypnotized, confused and mad. She is our very reliable daughter and now that we have realized the mistake, Let men and women of reasons advise PMB, PYO, Kemi Adeosun and NOI to bring back NOI as Minister of Finance and replace Emefiele immediately with Kemi Adeosun as CBN GOVERNOR.

1 Like

Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by babajay69: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
Nijagobeta:
Beg her for what exactly? To continue her paper improvements? And keep lying to us so she can get more foreign post.

Rubbish upon rubbish

Do you mind the man. He is insane and suffers from memory loss.
He wants Okonjo to return so she can sign over our collective wealth to any one that asks and then turn around to deny it. Smmh
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by babajay69: 11:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
OLADD:

I can bet it with you that Kemi Adeosun would rather pray and fast for that "paper improvement" than the Naira free falls happening under her nose. Take it or leave it, Okonjo Iweala was a better economy manager.

Okonjo put us where we are today plain and simple.
A lot if people seen to have amnesia or how else can you explain how they conveniently forget that Okonjo had $62 billion in our foreign reserve in 2008 and now we are left with $28bn what did they do with all the money? If only 9 months after she left we falling into this rot then you have to agree that she did not leave any legacy of a healthy economy rather she depleted our foreign reserve and put us on the brink of bankruptcy.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by olorunda68: 12:12am On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=Naija9090 post=43174521]

What you are not understanding is Okonjo Iweala and the economic team may not have been perfect but they were taking serious measures to prevent our economy from slipping into possible recession as we have now. Is it a coincidence that our economy has worsened under Buhari? Why wasn't the economy this bad under GEJ? THEY WERE TAKING MEASURES!THEY HAD STRONG ECONOMIC TEAM. TO THE CONTRARY, IT TOOK BUHARI 6 MONTHS TO ASSEMBLE A CABINET AND TO THIS DAY HAS NO ECONOMIC TEAM. SO STOP BLAMNG GEJ AND IWEALA.[ /quote] it is you that don't understand, as it is with a nation, so also it is with us the citizens, if you don't secure a good and sound sources of income and good management ( savings) culture ( spend as if there is no tommorw, the way naigeria does) there is no way we won't experience a crash in our standard of living just as the nation is experiencing. Our past leaders have failed us. And mr, aribisala has also failed in is failure to minutely apportion any blame to PDP for their misrule, but he is blindede by his hatred of PMB personalit [quote author=Naija9090 post=43174521]

What you are not understanding is Okonjo Iweala and the economic team may not have been perfect but they were taking serious measures to prevent our economy from slipping into possible recession as we have now. Is it a coincidence that our economy has worsened under Buhari? Why wasn't the economy this bad under GEJ? THEY WERE TAKING MEASURES!THEY HAD STRONG ECONOMIC TEAM. TO THE CONTRARY, IT TOOK BUHARI 6 MONTHS TO ASSEMBLE A CABINET AND TO THIS DAY HAS NO ECONOMIC TEAM. SO STOP BLAMNG GEJ AND IWEALA.[ /quote] it is you that don't understand, as it is with a nation, so also it is with us the citizens, if you don't secure a good and sound sources of income and good management ( savings) culture ( spend as if there is no tommorw, the way naigeria does) there is no way we won't experience a crash in our standard of living just as the nation is experiencing. Our past leaders have failed us. And mr, aribisala has also failed in is failure to minutely apportion any blame to PDP for their misrule, but he is blindede by his hatred of PMB personalit
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by kolaaderin: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2016
byteem:

GUY/ BABE..TALK WITH SENSE NAA.. NO BE TODAY CRUDE OIL PRICE FALL.. ITS BIN FALLING FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS .. AND FOR SOME REASON THE DOLLAR NEVER WENT BERSECK AGAINST THE NAIRA.. OKONJO ALWAYS MANAGED TO KEEP IT IN CHECK... U THINK SAY IM EASY TO GET WORLD BANK CONTACTS... SHE WAS OBVIOUSLY DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

SHE HELD BACK THE DOGS ALL THE WHILE .. NOW SHE IS GONE .. ITS NO HOLD BARRED MUNCHING OF OUR NAIRA... JONA MAY HAVE BEEN CLUELESS BUT NOW WE REALIZE HE DINT HAVE A CLUELESS ECONOMIC TEAM AFTERALL...
They inherited a robust economy, imagine inheriting 100 naira and u are making extra 50 naira every year in the first 3 years and the last 2 years of the regime made 30 naira only to be told they have exhausted all saving in just one year, what do u want to succeeding government to spend who inherit nothing but 20 naira, after the whole oil boom. NOI did a very bad job.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by real86(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2016
Nijagobeta:

Rubbish upon rubbish
. Don't worry oga, very soon you will know this woman was one the best things that ever happened to the Nigeria economy.
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by rotimioceans(m): 8:59am On Apr 17, 2016
It would be hard to argue that for /against bringing this but just look at the state of the economy now. dollar now exchange for 315 naira at parallel market https://naijapricecheck.com, Our past leaders have failed us. no doubts but while Okonjo-iweala may not have be a good manager of the economy back then, its is increasingly becoming hard to argue that the present hands are any better
Re: Time To Beg Okonjo-iweala To Come Back - Femi Aribisala by 989900: 10:02am On Apr 17, 2016
Joke of the year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Not A Criminal - Iskilu Wakili Breaks Silence / Thousands Of Commuters Stranded As Ipob Blocks Major Expressway / One Of The Missing Chibok Girls Found By Civilian-JTF - Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.