Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (24707 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Christians/muslims - Define "Idol Worship" - By Pagans / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2009
topup:

I have always thought if it is that simple, then why is it so successful and so many people across the continents are Catholics, if it is one of the biggest contradictions ever.

I would like if people responded with reasons and justifications and not just digs at the other person's religion. Because when you take them out the picture, will you be able to stand on your own two feet??

then islam is right too? It has billions of adherents . . .

Jesus Christ had only 11 disciples by the time he went up to the cross . . . the pharisees had the power of the mob and the Roman establishment behind them. Number doesnt justify anything.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
[img]http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/pinecone.jpg[/img]

In Babylon the pine cone described fertility and also the regeneration power of Tammuz. In the Vatican is the world's largest pine cone sculpture. This sculpture is located in the court of pine. The Roman Catholic Church very openly follows pagan idol worshiping by using pagan symbols.

Here is Pope John Paul II holding what is called a Monstrance or Ostensorium. The Roman Catholic Church even admits the Monstrance to be a sunburst.

Notice the letters SFS in the small sunburst blaze on the large close up of a Monstrance above? Each of the letters is a universal symbol for the number 6 in the pagan mysteries.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2009
@bobbyaff

Please do you mind telling me what happened to the churches the Apostles founded,we know from the bible that the apostles founded churches in Rome,Corinth,ephesus,jerusalem,galatia,macedonia,alexandria,philipi,antioch and a host of other cities ,how come all this churches disapeared.

We know that then churches founded by martin luther,jean calvin,henryviii ,benny hinn,oyedepo e.t.c are still in existence .How come these apostolic churches diaspeared?

Mind you fool,most of the prophecies in the boks of Daniel that u are so obseessed with have been fulfilled.

Your gross stupidity makes me want to cry,stop making a fool of your self
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2009
Why didnt you comment on the image you created thus breaking the second commandment,abi is this ugly image not representing an image of an uglyorganism on earth

Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 9:09pm On Jul 13, 2009
@bobbyaff

Please do you mind telling me what happened to the churches the Apostles founded,we know from the bible that the apostles founded churches in Rome,Corinth,ephesus,jerusalem,galatia,macedonia,alexandria,philipi,antioch and a host of other cities ,how come all this churches disapeared.

We know that then churches founded by martin luther,jean calvin,henryviii ,benny hinn,oyedepo e.t.c are still in existence .How come these apostolic churches diaspeared?

Mind you fool,most of the prophecies in the boks of Daniel that u are so obseessed with have been fulfilled.

Your gross stupidity makes me want to cry,stop making a fool of your self

You're on your own until you learn respect.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2009
[img]http://www.satanspace.com/pictures/the-meeting[/img]

This is a perfect reflection of who is in charge of this gathering.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by zoe80: 10:35pm On Jul 13, 2009
RCC is also known to be the mother of all abomination, nothin good can come out of it. They are the harlot of Rev. 17&18. You will be suprised to hear that they are d one behind many of these so called religions, Islam, sabatarian, jehovah witness and also some occultic organizatns. Thats why God is commandin all 2 come out of it. Read the bible. God hates religion, so also Jesus, Gods standard of worship dat is acceptable is in the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Bible. Read John5:39
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by viclee009: 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2009
Do you pray kneeling in front of your Bible?
if you do, Does it mean you sre worshiping your bible?
icons in the catholic church are tools for worship. when catholics kneel before the crucifix, it remind us of the enormous sacrifice of Christ on the cross.
the mind can easily loose focus as you may have experience during service.
holy images tells the poor and those who cannot read the story of the salvation and take our minds off the
material things of this world.
please don't criticize unless you know what you are talking about.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by zoe80: 11:09pm On Jul 13, 2009
Satan & demons would love 2 receive worships n praises from man that is ought 2 be given to God of heaven, so behind every image, a demon or so is waiting to receive the adoration.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by maedan(f): 11:20pm On Jul 13, 2009
Well I still don't think Catholicism is actual idol worship, in the true meaning of the word. They do not worship the image itself, like pagans worshipped their graven images of wood and iron. Catholics are aware of who they are worshipping, that is, God The Father and Jesus Christ The Son. The adoration of Mother Mary is another matter. However from the pictures posted above I would say I do not know much about the modern mode of Catholic doctrine, so I might as well back out of the argument now, peace.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by No2Atheism(m): 12:56am On Jul 14, 2009
maedan:

Well I still don't think Catholicism is actual idol worship, in the true meaning of the word. They do not worship the image itself, like pagans worshipped their graven images of wood and iron. Catholics are aware of who they are worshipping, that is, God The Father and Jesus Christ The Son. The adoration of Mother Mary is another matter. However from the pictures posted above I would say I do not know much about the modern mode of Catholic doctrine, so I might as well back out of the argument now, peace.

@maedan

I would advise you to stop wavering and get serious with your bible, cus if you do you would realise that it is wrong for you to be politically correct as far as the catholic church is concerned.

The pictures say it all, pictures are worth a thousand words,

The funniest thing is that the catholic church actually openly displays idolatory and paganism, yet for some reason, the blind ones (chukwudi and co) can't seem to grasp that fact, they seem to think that its better to follow the words of the popes than actually follow the bible and learn from history.

By the way Chukwudi wat is the Eucharist and wat is transsubtanciation,

I have hard enough of this blatant ignorance and grass stupidity on the part of catholics, being born into something is not an excuse not to use your brain.

I was born an anglican but i am no longer one by choice, my mother was born a muslim but she is no longer one by choice.

How many more pictures of idolatory of catholics do you want to see before your eyes i opened.

@david, welldone with the topic on pentecostals, i came to know about that recently also hence why i have done my best to avoid anything pentecostal or beauracratic cus at the end of the day it seems all roads still leads back to Rome. Now i really understand how deep and serious the virus of RCC is really is . No wonder the Bible called it the mother of harlots.

Bobbyaf:

[img]http://shadows15.files./2007/11/prostrate-to-pope.jpg[/img]

Bobbyaf:

[img]http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/pinecone.jpg[/img]

In Babylon the pine cone described fertility and also the regeneration power of Tammuz. In the Vatican is the world's largest pine cone sculpture. This sculpture is located in the court of pine. The Roman Catholic Church very openly follows pagan idol worshiping by using pagan symbols.

Here is Pope John Paul II holding what is called a Monstrance or Ostensorium. The Roman Catholic Church even admits the Monstrance to be a sunburst.

Notice the letters SFS in the small sunburst blaze on the large close up of a Monstrance above? Each of the letters is a universal symbol for the number 6 in the pagan m
Bobbyaf link=topic=295289.msg4180177#msg4180177 date=1247509147:

Image kissing which is a form of adoration.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by mazaje(m): 1:04am On Jul 14, 2009
War amongst the "body" of christ grin grin. Seven day adventist and protestants against the catholics who call themselves the mother church. . . .interesting grin grin
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by No2Atheism(m): 1:22am On Jul 14, 2009
- The Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence and the violent take it by force -

Hence i am sorry to disappoint you mazaje but saying the truth is not always a popular thing.

I have always said that True Christians are really few and far between. Infact I believe that True Christians are the least number of people on the planet in comparison to the catholics, muslims, atheists and all.

Standing for the truth has nothing to do with compromise or peace, Paul was killed for it. Peter was killed for it. Messiah willingly laid down His life to save us and give us the truth.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 3:38am On Jul 14, 2009
- The Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence and the violent take it by force -

Hence i am sorry to disappoint you mazaje but saying the truth is not always a popular thing.

I have always said that True Christians are really few and far between. Infact I believe that True Christians are the least number of people on the planet in comparison to the catholics, muslims, atheists and all.

Standing for the truth has nothing to do with compromise or peace, Paul was killed for it. Peter was killed for it. Messiah willingly laid down His life to save us and give us the truth.

So true indeed. We are soldiers in a warfare that is greater than all wars put together. "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, "

Part of the last day message is to warn the inhabitants of the world not to receive the mark of the beast, or Anti-Christ.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by sosisi(f): 3:58am On Jul 14, 2009
na today?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by maedan(f): 11:33am On Jul 14, 2009
@ No2Atheism, thanks for the heads up, but I have a good relationship with my bible. I just don't trawl through it looking for ways to justify condemning how others choose to serve God. There are fanatics in every religion, and it's the same for Catholics where some go a little too far and make it look like paganism. What ever, I just feel we should focus on our own personal relationship with God because in the end, that's all that matters.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by topup: 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2009
Bobbyaf:

That is easy to explain.

1.  Catholics baptize babies and hence beef up their church memberships. On top pf that one doesn't have to be a serious bible-believing born again Christian to be a member of the Catholic church. You can smoke and drink and still consider yourself alright in Christ.

2. Catholicism as well is considered state religion because of the established historical connections which existed before in those countries.

3. Bear in mind too most Catholics feel obligated to will their properties to the RCC, thus making it the richest organization on the face of the earth. Revelation describes it thus:

Revelation 17:4 "And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication, "

Fitting symbols for a rich and currupt organization.

I understand, thanks for the response. Below your response, are what do you know,  MORE attacks at other faiths.

When someone can defend their faiths without having to put down others, then you know the faith is worthy of it, but when all anyone can say is,  well "Other people are worse." Then you have to think what are they really hiding. Do they accept the claims made about their faith??

I know plenty Catholics who attend mass and then they think that's all it takes. I don't think Catholism places the emphasis where it should be. Yes, some Christians worship money and are greedy and sinful, but they are afterall humans too, who sin, we are not perfect, the difference is that the faith does not encourage such behaviour, if anyone asks any devoted Christian, they will tell you straight that all those sins are in fact sins, unlike what I see here, when people are trying to justify why it's good to bow down to a statue.

I'm not saying they're going to hell, that's not for me to decide, but when it's been pointed out and outlined, why continue.

My ex was a catholic, but he never went to church, never was truly spiritual, it was more like something to fill up the religion section on facebook, he wasn't close to God at all, he was so afraid it was unbelievable, he was more concerned on whether I spelt God with a capital 'G' than getting closer to God. Yes, he is only one catholic, but even at church one pastor came to tell us of his experience growing up as a catholic, as he shed tears talking about when he finally found God, it was then I was convinced.

I know I can't stereotype, but these people are slowing confirming my ideas about Catholism.

Note, I said Catholism and NOT Catholics.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by 49cents(m): 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
@BABYOF

From my many conversations with non-catholics they percieve The Catholic Fiath as being trully iincapable of transforming one
spiritually, somewhat i concur that it is not easy to find a Catholic living a Christain lifestyle but this is the case with NON
CATHOLIC CHRISTIANS also if you want to be brutally sincere: the zeal for Christain lifestyles is waning
i think what is more important for us is to become the very members of Christ i.e His Eyes of Compassion, Limbs of Service, His
Heart of Love, this is the only language that even Non christains will understand it is the language that Christ spoke even when he
was suspended on th e Cross by 3 big, blunt nails rather arguing over doctrinal issues.
But for the sake of voicing my experience as a Catholic by CHOICE.

Worship is a thing of the heart just as prayer is, it is in the spirit not on the lips. When my Yoruba brother prostrates before his
dad in the morning to greet he is only expressing a certain respect for his dad who deserves being his father, it would be wrong to
equate the bodily act of prostration to another human being aa Idolatary, which is simpy giving a person or spirit (physical or
non-physical) the respect due to God alone as the Creator and Sustainer of lIfe to life forms.

Worship, technically speaking is about expressing respect. The purpose of representations of , lets start with Jesus, is just to
readily recall Jesus, to glance at Him whom we love and revere, just as any human being who has loved ones would put their
pictures where they can see it always and kiss it tenderly even press unto their chest this gestures to an extents satiates the
desires which we want to express to the loved one where he/she physically present. It is a thing that is human in origin and very
okay when the emotions expressed are licit and proper.

Because Jesus is not only my Sweet Lover but my Divine Lord and Master my emotions towards Him extends to worship (the
respect due Him as the Living Word of God made flesh). I am not only satisfied with conceding His Lordship over my life in the
deepest recesses of my poor heart i am naturally moved to express it by marks of respcet like bowing, prosatration, kneeling as His Apostles actually did like after He calmed the storm. I cant for Heaven where i will see Him face to Face i wanna start now.

The picture or statue of Jesus is NOT Jesus in a cement/plastic form just a representation which has the potential of aiding my
relationship via the senses which i have. I treat it with affection and respect just as i ould not let my mum's picture lying on the
floor for less that a second.

When God spoke about not making images and worshipping them He simply meant Idolatary, which we see in traditional worship as we have it in Nigerian cultures. The same God will have Images made for His Temple see Deuteronomy where He dictated to Moses howe he Lord's temple should be.

Lets leave the Blessed Virgin Mary, The Monstrance fetc for another thread.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ No2Atheism, thanks for the heads up, but I have a good relationship with my bible. I just don't trawl through it looking for ways to justify condemning how others choose to serve God.

Do you think we are doing this to condemn people? It is our duty as Christians to stand up for truth and to expose errors in all forms. Isn't that your duty as well?

There are fanatics in every religion, and it's the same for Catholics where some go a little too far and make it look like paganism. What ever, I just feel we should focus on our own personal relationship with God because in the end, that's all that matters.

I am not sure what bible you're reading but I'd urge you to study to show yourself approved of God. Christianity is not about getting comfortable, and minding your own business. Its about breaking down every demonic stronghold, and to liberate precious souls with the word of truth.

Pagan doctrines are being upheld by Roman Catholicism from a leadership point of view, which has no doubt manifested itself in the very practice of its members.

Do you want their blood to be on your shoulders?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
@BABYOF

From my many conversations with non-catholics they percieve The Catholic Fiath as being trully iincapable of transforming one
spiritually, somewhat i concur that it is not easy to find a Catholic living a Christain lifestyle but this is the case with NON
CATHOLIC CHRISTIANS also if you want to be brutally sincere: the zeal for Christain lifestyles is waning
i think what is more important for us is to become the very members of Christ i.e His Eyes of Compassion, Limbs of Service, His
Heart of Love, this is the only language that even Non christains will understand it is the language that Christ spoke even when he
was suspended on th e Cross by 3 big, blunt nails rather arguing over doctrinal issues.
But for the sake of voicing my experience as a Catholic by CHOICE.

Worship is a thing of the heart just as prayer is, it is in the spirit not on the lips. When my Yoruba brother prostrates before his
dad in the morning to greet he is only expressing a certain respect for his dad who deserves being his father, it would be wrong to
equate the bodily act of prostration to another human being aa Idolatary, which is simpy giving a person or spirit (physical or
non-physical) the respect due to God alone as the Creator and Sustainer of lIfe to life forms.

Worship, technically speaking is about expressing respect. The purpose of representations of , lets start with Jesus, is just to
readily recall Jesus, to glance at Him whom we love and revere, just as any human being who has loved ones would put their
pictures where they can see it always and kiss it tenderly even press unto their chest this gestures to an extents satiates the
desires which we want to express to the loved one where he/she physically present. It is a thing that is human in origin and very
okay when the emotions expressed are licit and proper.

Because Jesus is not only my Sweet Lover but my Divine Lord and Master my emotions towards Him extends to worship (the
respect due Him as the Living Word of God made flesh). I am not only satisfied with conceding His Lordship over my life in the
deepest recesses of my poor heart i am naturally moved to express it by marks of respcet like bowing, prosatration, kneeling as His Apostles actually did like after He calmed the storm. I cant for Heaven where i will see Him face to Face i wanna start now.

The picture or statue of Jesus is NOT Jesus in a cement/plastic form just a representation which has the potential of aiding my
relationship via the senses which i have. I treat it with affection and respect just as i ould not let my mum's picture lying on the
floor for less that a second.

When God spoke about not making images and worshipping them He simply meant Idolatary, which we see in traditional worship as we have it in Nigerian cultures. The same God will have Images made for His Temple see Deuteronomy where He dictated to Moses howe he Lord's temple should be.

Lets leave the Blessed Virgin Mary, The Monstrance fetc for another thread.

I'd advise you to take the time and go through the thread properly. You have shown scant regard for your fellow posters' points of view.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2009
@bobbyaff

I was expecting you to explain to me on why you made an image of a creature on earth,which is contrary to biblical injunction.

The word images refers to drawings,paintings television images,carvings .It was never restricted to carved images.most protestant churches preparing for crusade will paste images of their pastors and their wives yet they wont regard it as idol worship.

The commandments says thou shall not make idols not images,the word idol refers to an image that is worshipped and regarded as a god.

Moses who gave he commandments was instructed by God to make a bronze serpent,he also instructed him to make carved images of the winged creatures.

Solomon after building the temple designed it with carved images of the winged creatures .This proves that God never forbided the making of images but what he was against was adoration or worship of these images .

The images used inthe RCC are not being worshipped they are not idols and cnnever be regarded as one.

The word idol can also be a living person,it is not rstricted to carved images or paintings

If you think catholics worship these images then good for you,but know this worship is not an external thing it comes from the heart
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
@bobbyaff

I want you to prove from the bible how the RCC came and destroyed the churches founded by the apostles.

Also you seventh day adventists claim that the RCC started existing from the seventh century where you traced your 1260 year period to 1879,how come the RCC that started existing in the seventh century,now come back to abolish the sabath in the fourth century?

Mind you fool, more than 90% of prophet Daniel's prophecies have been fulfilled,your lack of erudition and inherent stupidity has robbed you of basic christian facts and history.I feeel pity for you
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2009
Chukwudi44, what is the meaning of the word "graven"?
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 14, 2009

Insert Quote
Chukwudi44, what is the meaning of the word "graven"?

young man what are you implying
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
@bobbyaff,

about the sabath,the truth is that the sabath was on a saturday,but the pope transferred the solenmity of the sabath to sunday,you may want to say that the pope does not have that power ,but remember that Jesus told Peter that awhatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven and what ever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven.

The Pope as succcessors of Peter inherited this Power and mind you the motive behind you was because Jesus rose on sunday,the argument has been on even from the second century, st ignatius of antioch and st justin matyr has earlier alluded to making these change centuries before sylvester 1 finally implemented it.

If you recognise the authourity of he Pope ,you can as well throw away the catholic canonised bibles since the pope like wise has no power to canonise them.

You can revert to the practice of the early church that had no approved set of criptures ,hundredds of scriptures were in circulation.

E ven the seperation into verses and chapters was done by the catholic church ,you can also discard them.

Mind you all the gospel writers,the writers of acts,1-3 John,hebrews did not disclose their identity,The identities of these writers were disclosed by the RCC why dont you discard them since the RCC cannot be trusted.

Anything other than these will make youn a bloody hypocrite which u are.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
@bobbyaff

I want you to prove from the bible how the RCC came and destroyed the churches founded by the apostles.

Correction. No one can destroy God's church, but the prophecies pointed to a system that would arise as a religio-political power that would attempt to change the order of things. The pure apostolic church that was left by Christ, and the apostles went through a lot of phases. During the bishopric certain developments started towards apostasy, which led to what is now known as Roman Catholicism.

Also you seventh day adventists claim that the RCC started existing from the seventh century where you traced your 1260 year period to 1879,how come the RCC that started existing in the seventh century,now come back to abolish the sabath in the fourth century?

Once again you have your facts wrong. What we are saying is that the apostate church would have been doing certain things during the 1260 year period, based on the prophesy of Daniel 7:25, and Revelation 13. This period of power forging began in BC538, when the pope was finally given power to do as he pleased, when the last of three Arian kingdoms was put out of the way. Daniel predicted that the little horn would uproot three kings. The papal system being a kingdom in its own right, made sure that the opposing Arian kingdoms were totally destroyed in that those kingdoms cannot even be found anywhere on the modern map.

Mind you fool, more than 90% of prophet Daniel's prophecies have been fulfilled,your lack of erudition and inherent stupidity has robbed you of basic christian facts and history.I feeel pity for you

Feel free to curse and swear, but remember for every idle word that a man speaks, according to Jesus, he will have to give an account in the judgment. Come with the facts instead of cursings and rantings.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
young man what are you implying

You simply do not know what the word means, otherwise you would not have equated a photo with a graven image, when it is not. grin grin grin
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
Bobbyaf:

You simply do not know what the word means, otherwise you would not have equated a photo with a graven image, when it is not. grin grin grin

The word in the bible is images while some translations may have idols.

Even if we were to go by graven images the bronze serpent and the carved images of winged creatures are they not graven images.

If in doubt about the right word ,consult the original hebrew text
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
Bobbyaf:

Correction. No one can destroy God's church, but the prophecies pointed to a system that would arise as a religio-political power that would attempt to change the order of things. The pure apostolic church that was left by Christ, and the apostles went through a lot of phases. During the bishopric certain developments started towards apostasy, which led to what is now known as Roman Catholicism.

Once again you have your facts wrong. What we are saying is that the apostate church would have been doing certain things during the 1260 year period, based on the prophesy of Daniel 7:25, and Revelation 13. This period of power forging began in BC538, when the pope was finally given power to do as he pleased, when the last of three Arian kingdoms was put out of the way. Daniel predicted that the little horn would uproot three kings. The papal system being a kingdom in its own right, made sure that the opposing Arian kingdoms were totally destroyed in that those kingdoms cannot even be found anywhere on the modern map.

Feel free to curse and swear, but remember for every idle word that a man speaks, according to Jesus, he will have to give an account in the judgment. Come with the facts instead of cursings and rantings.

The onus is on you to prove from the Bible hopw an evil church came and took over control from the true church ,successfully changed the sabath and even determined the books of the bible. do you know that for more than 1400 years that RCC held sway in the world and even today consttute more than 50 percent of christendom.

Do you know that from the time of moses to the birth of Jesus was not up to 1500 years,
how come after the birth and death of the messiah ,an evil church would take over the christianity and holding it longer than even the babylonians did yet no explicit warning was given in the bible.

I would also like you to name the three arian kingdoms the RCC uprooted and in what year that happened .

You can also from the prophecy of daniel and the book of the revelation tell us when the RC will end because as I am seeing the RCC grew even stronger after 1879 when it was suposed to die going by your stupid interpretation of Daniel's prophecy
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2009
@bobbyaff,

about the sabath,the truth is that the sabath was on a saturday,but the pope transferred the solenmity of the sabath to sunday,you may want to say that the pope does not have that power ,but remember that Jesus told Peter that awhatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven and what ever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven.

So why did Peter and Paul, and the other disciples continued keeping it after Jesus died? Peter was not the first pope. Popes lord it over their bishops, but Peter said the opposite. He said He would not Lord it over the apostles. Nowhere did peter suggest he was vicar of Christ. He always called himself an apostle of Christ. Nowhere did Peter allow anyone to come to him in confession.

The Pope as succcessors of Peter inherited this Power and mind you the motive behind you was because Jesus rose on sunday,the argument has been on even from the second century, st ignatius of antioch and st justin matyr has earlier alluded to making these change centuries before sylvester 1 finally implemented it.

That doesn't make a difference. There is no biblical authority to keep Sunday, and even your church acknowledges that. The fact that the apostles still kept the sabbath even after Christ went back to heaven, suggests that your teaching is wrong.

If you recognise the authourity of he Pope ,you can as well throw away the catholic canonised bibles since the pope like wise has no power to canonise them.

The catholic church did not write the bible. They simply brought the different books together in order to have it canonized. The collection of books were already written by the prophets of old, and the apostles of the New Testament. Bear in mind Chukwudi44 God can bring a good thing out of a bad thing, in the sense that among the apostate movement of Catholicism, God has His people some of whom have already left the organization.

You can revert to the practice of the early church that had no approved set of criptures ,hundredds of scriptures were in circulation. E ven the seperation into verses and chapters was done by the catholic church ,you can also discard them. Mind you all the gospel writers,the writers of acts,1-3 John,hebrews did not disclose their identity,The identities of these writers were disclosed by the RCC why dont you discard them since the RCC cannot be trusted.

I am not sure you have all the facts right. Go do some research.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Bobbyaf(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
The onus is on you to prove from the Bible hopw an evil church came and took over control from the true church ,successfully changed the sabath and even determined the books of the bible. do you know that for more than 1400 years that RCC held sway in the world and even today consttute more than 50 percent of christendom.

And that explains the high level of corruption that prevailed during the period. How do you explain 3 popes vying for power?

Do you know that from the time of moses to the birth of Jesus was not up to 1500 years,
how come after the birth and death of the messiah ,an evil church would take over the christianity and holding it longer than even the babylonians did yet no explicit warning was given in the bible.

It didn't happen over night. Paul also predicted a gradual development until the man of sin would pretend to be God. You know that many popes called themselves god. (see 2 Thess)

I would also like you to name the three arian kingdoms the RCC uprooted and in what year that happened .

That was covered in another thread that you yourself read and responded to. So why all of a sudden you pretend its the first time you're hearing it.

You can also from the prophecy of daniel and the book of the revelation tell us when the RC will end because as I am seeing the RCC grew even stronger after 1879 when it was suposed to die going by your stupid interpretation of Daniel's prophecy

It grows because it inherits properties from its dead members. It grows because of its infant baptisms. That kind of growth is shameful. It grows because catholic families are not allowed to use condoms which lead to an enlargement of families which end up on the books as growth.

So the growth of which you boast of is not a true growth of people who join the church as a result of experiencing the true birth. Sprinkling as practiced by the church runs contrary to the real baptism by immersion.

Boast all you want, but be prepared to see the many errors as practiced by your church.
Re: Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2009
2bobbyaff

How come God has to choose some few good people frm the RCC when he could have used the other true christians from the churches founded by the apostles.

Remember in the time of Elijah God told him that he has saved another 7000  prophets from worshipping baal.

How come God couldn,t save this number  from the churches founded by the apostles .

Can you prove from the gospel of mattew that it was mattew who wrote that gospel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Takes Evil Nigerian Leaders' Case To A Village Stream In Prayer / Prophet Mezziah Mrakpor On Top Of A Table Preaching To His Members In Delta / How Can I Overcome The Urge For Pornography?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.