Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? (24121 Views)

'Major Dagger' Drilling Students At The Nigerian Army Depot / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by tete7000(m): 4:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:
All my life as a Nigerian I have never seen or heard about any female that attained the rank of a general, be it major general or lieutenant general.

I'm aware that there are many women in the force but have never heard about any female general. Is there a Nigerian law against women reaching that rank or is the usual glass ceiling in play? Does anyone know any female general or even colonel?

The current corps commandant of medical corps is a woman and a Major General.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sijo01:
Op, here's one for you. Major-General Ronke Kale (rtd)

Kudos to you! I celebrate you for bringing this to the fore. Not encouraging how so much the typical Nigerian does not know about our country! Were the talk about offshore football ⚽ clubs, lewd lyricists and get-rich-quick schemes you can be sure most would be spot-on! embarassed Really about time compulsory military service is given serious consideration in Nigeria!
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
tete7000:

The current corps commandant of medical corps is a woman and a Major General.

Kudos to you! I cerebrate you for bringing this to the fore. Not encouraging how so much the typical Nigerian does not know about our country! Were the talk about offshore football ⚽ clubs, lewd lyricists and get-rich-quick schemes you can be sure most would be spot-on! embarassed Really about time compulsory military service is given serious consideration in Nigeria!
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by pheesayor(m): 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
I know a retired female Colonel in Festac
manitobor:
Absolutely true. Not even a female colonel.

During the military Era there was no single female military administrator/governor. Which shows there's no high ranking female in the army.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by nimsy(m): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
We have Major General Tilewa Amusu. A fantastic senior officer, still in active service in the medical corps.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by doctuw(m): 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
Have you ever heard of Major General Kale? Information is power, so keep quiet. There are about other 2 females that I know.
Kokolett:
All my life as a Nigerian I have never seen or heard about any female that attained the rank of a general, be it major general or lieutenant general.

I'm aware that there are many women in the force but have never heard about any female general. Is there a Nigerian law against women reaching that rank or is the usual glass ceiling in play? Does anyone know any female general or even colonel?
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Getikebusy(m): 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
They are getting their arses fked
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:

1)you know woman dont really join the military. 2)I am glad to let you know that there are several female Generals in the Army and their equivalent in Airforce and Navy,Nigeria has had one female Vice Admiral which is equivalent to Major General and Air Vice Marshall.3)I attended a military school,i have seen a Female Air comodore 4)When my dad was in the military i knew one of his collague (female) that was a colonel way back in d 90ties 5)One of my collague in school is Mum his a Brig General. and other woman like that,the reason why you dont really see them is because the military is dominated by men
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by engrlarex(m): 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
lordyugo:

nope u failed d order
2nd lieutenant
lieutenant
captain
major
lt colonel
colonel
brig general
lt general
major General ( they are all generals )
Field marshal is hardly or nvr given

I started from captain...u omitted Major General
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by LOVEGINO(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:

what about Major-General Ronke Kale? Haba nairaland, every sh!t must not make front page na abi d op na ur bae?
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by ireneidiva(f): 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ganoderma:

Do you know what it means to be a General?

How many female Generals can you point to in the US army or in any army in the world?

Its not as if there is a glass ceiling. Nature so has it that no matter how hard a woman tries, there are certain things that are attainable simply because its not in a woman.

Answer this? Can a woman take decisions that would likely end in the destruction of lives including that of women and children? Being a General is not just an office. Its an office that takes guts, stone cold ironlike guts. Will a woman be able to take a decision to send her troops into battle with the ever present though that each battle could be their last and that their deaths would be as a result of her decision?

Crap. There are female generals. And yes to all your questions above.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by jumpmasta(m): 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
yomi007k:

I have forgotten but she's a yoruba woman n I'm sure she'll retire as a lieutenant general becos she looks quite young.
That Brig Gen you knew is now a Maj Gen and now my able Corp Commander Medical
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by eclipsehemmy(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:

. Wrong poster. We have major general Amusu in NA medical. We have different brigadier generals dat are females and too many Colonels. Wake up. Wrong poster oooo. Nigerians sha. No info n b talkin. Get yhhha facts oooo
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by mkbessman(m): 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
[quote author=emi14 post=43272530][/quote]

you don't insult people because of their opinion... he meant polite, he didn't brag that nobody could convince him..he said what he said with total honesty so why insulting him? are you a saddist? who is the daft here? don't you have manner of approach? can't you advice him if you have any idea? this is a forum where people gather to gain information and knowledge and not the other way round. must you be hard at people anytime you wish? which fucking ancient school did you come from? is his question terrifying? Oga pls learn how to answer questions or control your emotions in forums like this.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Omonigeriarere: 6:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
chiefolododo:
We will set up a committee to look into what you be just said

Remind me of ineffectual buffon.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by feelgood(m): 6:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
Major General Olatilewa Amusu - present Commandant, Nigeria Army medical corps
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by doskie(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:

women? sure?
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by yomi007k(m): 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
jumpmasta:

That Brig Gen you knew is now a Maj Gen and now my able Corp Commander Medical

Nice
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by prettyboi1(m): 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kokolett:

Funny post. There have been and there still are SEVERAL female generals in all 3 arms of the Nigerian military. Where have you been looking? cool
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by ItuExchange(m): 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Honestly speaking, there are still some things men can do which women cannot do. If there's a woman that can dig a well manually, please let her contact me.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by duchess02(m): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dats because u aren't close to d military,dere re many of dem but let me just give u d name of one dats holding a big post,Major General Amosu,she is d core commandant of Nigeria army medicals
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by duchess02(m): 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:
is there anything like lieutenant general in Nigeria. What I know is: stating from Major, lieutenant colonel,colonel,brigadier general,Major general,general, field marshall(which we do not have in Nigeria).
dere is lieutenant general in d Nigerian army,let me help u wit d Nigerian army officers rank accordingly-2nd lieutenant, lieutenant, captain,major,lieutenant colonel, colonel, brigadier general, major general, lieutenant general, general, field marshall

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Captshigo: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
Fash20:
is there anything like lieutenant general in Nigeria. What I know is: stating from Major, lieutenant colonel,colonel,brigadier general,Major general,general, field marshall(which we do not have in Nigeria).
. Yes oo dere is lieutenant general de current chief of army staff is lieutenant general tukur buratai

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Docray: 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
Major General Amusu is the current medical corp commander.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by Souljaboi1: 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nifemitech:
kilode? its too much na

You think that is too much ? Then you don't know Sagamite. cheesy

At least he didn't call the OP a Cretinous Fuckard grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by mikolo80: 3:31am On Feb 27, 2016
manitobor:
Absolutely true. Not even a female colonel.

During the military Era there was no single female military administrator/governor. Which shows there's no high ranking female in the army.
who go give colitos gwamna. even civilians how many have been anything more than women leader. but basically it's because they're not combatant. will change with the new female regulars
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by invincible007(m): 8:57am On Feb 28, 2016
The only way to being a General is by passing through the NDA. For a long time until 2011, no provision was made for female enrollment. So, in a few years time, female graduands from 2011 will become Generals.
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by gossipmama(f): 12:30am On Apr 09, 2016
[quote author=Kokolett post=43200186]All my life as a Nigerian I have never seen or heard about any female that attained the rank of a general, be it major general or lieutenant general.

I'm aware that there are many women in the force but have never heard about any female general. Is there a Nigerian law against women reaching that rank or is the usual glass ceiling in play? Does anyone know any female general or even colonel? [inbox and I will give you 3 names of female Generals in army and Col in army and Air Force ]
Re: Why Are There No Female Generals In The Nigerian Army? by brownhawk: 2:12am On Jan 16, 2017
Kokolett:

you just had to act on ur gender paranoia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The The Best 3 Computer Training Centers In Lagos? / AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis / Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.