Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,326 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ (27188 Views)

Benin Republic Withdraws Globacom’s Operating Licence / Etisalat Follows Suit ; 1.5GB Data Now Cost N1000 / BREAKING: MTN Withdraws Suit Against NCC, Pays N50bn Out-of-court Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by McMayowa(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by ifyeez: 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
MTN and Lie Mohammed who lie pass now?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by bunmioguns(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
shocked
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by rahman3853(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:
The ones recovered earlier, where ar they

if mtn pay finish we no go know wen buhari go use am as part of travelling allowance
u are on point my broda, with the rate the man dey take travel u go fear Fear!!!
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by mentorandfriend(m): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2016
The money is not complete yet, Emp-Ty-Hen.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by ceejay80s(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
If ncc tly this lubbish , I will blake my mtn sim
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by snthesis(m): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
fowlyansh181:
i tag Nigeria and NCC as jokers if this is how they finally settled. recieving just 50b and keeping shut?? jokers
i believe as settlement, mtn is cooperating with d fg on releasing call logs cool
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Clone2020(m): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
Nigeria is their biggest market, they had no choice.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by coolvitus(m): 4:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
baba will soon us the money travel to another country when he comes back hahaah he must be smiling now more money money journey.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by TenPassfour(m): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
Time for FG to form wanti wanti, 50billion too small jare, wen are they going to balance up, they should even add intrest for delaying payment and involving court matter!
Buhari no get time for rubbish!
#TeamThinkForMe
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by ceejay80s(m): 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2016
@ dre11 and kyliegame , shame no deg catch Ana ? See people deg battle over 50b naira , Ana deg here dey kill una self for whose person thread go appear for front-page first
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Kangol99(m): 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
Yeeeeeeeh grin
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by freemanbubble: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
i see empty hen finally submitted
now i see why it has been difficult to reach my friends and relatives using empty hen in benin city.
any way their subscribers should be at alert. because empty hen are devil. they give with one hand and collect back from you with double hands
and for the fifty billion. hmm nigerians should forget about that one because the chief junketeer and baba ajala. the gallivanting maestro will spend all that cash on foreign trips undecidedi see empty hen finally submitted
now i see why it has been difficult to reach my friends and relatives using empty hen in benin city.
any way their subscribers should be at alert. because empty hen are devil. they give with one hand and collect back from you with double hands
and for the fifty billion. hmm nigerians should forget about that one because the chief junketeer and baba ajala. the gallivanting maestro will spend all that cash on foreign trips
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by lastpage: 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2016
ijustdey:
see as baba just dey generate money......

Mtn knows it can't loose the Nigeria market because that's where the buck of their money comes from....

let them know that "it's not business as usual"

Are you aware that the NCC has sold-off (CHEAPLY), Nigeria's broadband frequency, to MTN, under the last administration (just a few weeks to hand-over? )
They claimed to have done so, because they needed money for DIGITALISATION!

MTN must pay every dime of the fine in full, or get locked down.

...and that Spectrum-sale must be revoked ASAP.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by azzima(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2016
This administration is so resolute with their objectives. You can't threaten them or bully them. Thought mtn wanted to hire the former US attorney general to battle Nigeria in court. Ride on PMB!!!
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by wristbangle: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2016
spako4:
what of the 700billion balance?

Actually it's 730 billion balance remaining
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by leksy07(m): 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2016
abeg dey shud pay the rest in time ooo,, so dat i will know how much b my own share
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Adminisher: 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
lastpage:

Are you aware that the NCC has sold-off (CHEAPLY), Nigeria's broadband frequency, to MTN, under the last administration (just a few weeks to hand-over? )
They claimed to have done so, because they needed money for DIGITALISATION!

MTN must pay every dime of the fine in full, or get locked down.

...and that Spectrum-sale must be revoked ASAP.

Lastpage!

Jonathan. Born dumb, bred stupid

1 Like

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Skygo25(m): 4:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
joystickextend1:
when are they paying the rest? angry hope the ncc wont code it sha undecided

Hahahahahahahahahahahah grin
joystickextend1:
when are they paying the rest? angry hope the ncc wont code it sha undecided

Hahahahahahahahahahahah
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by viktor01(m): 4:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
see money....
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by ojsmscom(m): 4:45pm On Feb 24, 2016
Just passing through
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by excel101(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2016
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-mtn-withdraws-suit-ncc-pays-n50bn-good-faith

. Something is not really clear to me, is the #50b all MTN is supposed to pay or its just a part payment of the fine (#750b). If so when then is the balance?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by olatade(m): 4:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
Sometimes being rigid is good. If it is in Jonathan days, nobody will sanction MTN. NOW having seen that PMB is not "approachable", MTN have deposited N50b as part payment for their penalty. Case against Nigeria withdrawn!

Now we have a leader.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by danjaD(m): 4:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Na we go hear d tin as mtn go start increase der tariff
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Kazrem(m): 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2016
50bn out of what? 610bn? Somebody should please enlighten me? That figure is a small percentage to the supposed fine.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by arsenal33: 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:
The ones recovered earlier, where ar they

if mtn pay finish we no go know wen buhari go use am as part of travelling allowance

you PDParty allowed foreign companies to rip Nigerians off.
Even DSTV is now scared of Baba.

show some appreciation

2 Likes

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by emzila(m): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
$161m coming in.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by arsenal33: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Kazrem:
50bn out of what? 610bn? Somebody should please enlighten me? That figure is a small percentage to the supposed fine.

its the first batch
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by 9jasmart(m): 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2016
Do u have MTN sim? Just get ready cos u are all gonna be part of the double recovery plan. Trust me, private companies are wise at their own game. They have done their homework before paying and the gains will be all theirs soon. Nigerians will be the grasses to suffer this just concluded elephants' battle
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2016
The N50bn fine paid is no different from others the company paid under the PDP government. They've(MTN) only proved to Nigerians that no matter what government rules, its still the same set of greedy individuals in power.
That's the end, no more noise about the fine. MTN has paid it 'completely'. I'm only angry the government dragged the matter on for months only to collect the regular payment the company most likely budgets as a loss or operations-tax.

1 Like

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 24, 2016
N1.04trn = N1040bn

So the balance remains N990bn

Maybe the next time MTN offers N5000 recharge card, I will take the card and pay them N200 "in good faith"

1 Like

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by menxer: 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
MTN paid N50bn to the federal government “as a gesture of good faith and commitment to continued efforts towards an amicable resolution”, according to the telecoms company.

This makes it sound as though MTN is doing FGN a favour.

If the N50b paid is part of the fine, how can it then be in "good faith"?

In short, MTN should use vexation and bad faith and pay the balance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Send APK, PDF, ZIP & Other Files On Whatsapp / Brand New Blackberry Bold For 65,000 Naira / This Gold Plated 2018 Iphone XS Costs $127,000, About N46M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.