Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,205 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ (27187 Views)

Benin Republic Withdraws Globacom’s Operating Licence / Etisalat Follows Suit ; 1.5GB Data Now Cost N1000 / BREAKING: MTN Withdraws Suit Against NCC, Pays N50bn Out-of-court Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by K9blunt(f): 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
Clone2020:
MTN is so smart, they simply sold U.S dollars in the black market for N410/$ during the recent hike, that move alone reduced their fine by over 50%. Reminds me of a friend in the U.S. who finally bought a property in Lekki he's been dreaming of the moment he sold dollar at the recent highs.

Exactly my thought, that 50billion they paid is nothing because of the dollar hike.

Smart b*rdstards grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by josnig1980(f): 5:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
some ppls have been pay off trust nigerias grin grin grin
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by CioAngels(f): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
Seriously, from this dubious company. Nigeria sha, why not pay 70% of the debt? They are owing 780bn and they paid only 50bn in good faith, them for pay in bad faith ni? When are you paying the balance 730bn? Who sef beg una pay? wen una no se say Nigeria na big market, ojukokoro no let una pak up shop. Shebi una go court, wetin mak una run back? I am watching my main account closely for calls and text so that mtn won't double charge me to form part of their 730bn balance payment. As for browsing i no dey make the mistake again after mtn stole 880n from main account leaving their miserable 20mb given for browsing.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Tallest45(m): 5:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
After una done thief people credit.....
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by manny4life(m): 6:05pm On Feb 24, 2016
Clone2020:
MTN is so smart, they simply sold U.S dollars in the black market for N410/$ during the recent hike, that move alone reduced their fine by over 50%. Reminds me of a friend in the U.S. who finally bought a property in Lekki he's been dreaming of the moment he sold dollar at the recent highs.

Sold it where? Which black market? How? undecided undecided

I wonder how you guys think, MTN just like any other company is subject to the official bank exchange rate, they don't have dollars stashed in First Bank or any other bank (at least not according to the CBN directives) nor do they have access to such amount of $$$ to liquidate/dump so easily. Please get it right.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by bennymark(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
Young03:
The ones recovered earlier, where ar they

if mtn pay finish we no go know wen buhari go use am as part of travelling allowance

Yu be mumu.

In other news, dis is our money dat mtn has been tifin, FG thank Yu for recovering it, make una use am beta poor man life sha
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Image123(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
These are common delay tactics of debtors. The NCC should take them to court or sanction them further. They want to "spoil the money" and pay it for decades.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by omoelu1(m): 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
please, who pockets the money. who would use it and how would it be used?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by foriz4u(m): 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2016
ijustdey:
see as baba just dey generate money......

Mtn knows it can't loose the Nigeria market because that's where the buck of their money comes from....

let them know that "it's not business as usual"
don't worry, by the time tariff increases, charges for text messages, daily, weekly n monthly changes all skyrocket then we all will say mtn had done it again bot knowing the FG has forced them to.

many of us seems to be in support with this buhari's policies and "supposed anti-corruption war". have we eva sit to ask where all these monies he's generating unlawfully r going into?

he has spent more days outside his country than at home since he became president even with the downturn on our economy. yet we r applauding him.

when this country shots down they will send their children and wives abroad while the poor n children of the poor suffers.

let's all of us wise up!!
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by rusher14: 6:20pm On Feb 24, 2016
I clicked on the Ricky Tarfa withdraws suit thread only to find it's MTN abi both of them dey work with the same spirit?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
they want to bribe ncc
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by humbleabdul(m): 6:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
Mtn subscribers should beware. They'll be the one at the receiving end of this
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by DavidEsq(m): 6:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
Clone2020:
Pls u ran too fast. Could u explain how their fine decreased by 50%?

1 Like

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by DavidEsq(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
Clone2020:
Pls u ran too fast. Could u explain how their fine decreased by 50%? I would really appreciate.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Raddie(m): 6:51pm On Feb 24, 2016
So when are we getting the balance?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by ijustdey: 6:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
lastpage:

Are you aware that the NCC has sold-off (CHEAPLY), Nigeria's broadband frequency, to MTN, under the last administration (just a few weeks to hand-over? )
They claimed to have done so, because they needed money for DIGITALISATION!

MTN must pay every dime of the fine in full, or get locked down.

...and that Spectrum-sale must be revoked ASAP.

Lastpage!

the Spectrum sale will soon be revoked just watch the spaces but their is no way I see the government collecting the said amount for that fine because of the trade agreement BTW the two countries involved.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2016
foriz4u:

don't worry, by the time tariff increases, charges for text messages, daily, weekly n monthly changes all skyrocket then we all will say mtn had done it again bot knowing the FG has forced them to.

many of us seems to be in support with this buhari's policies and "supposed anti-corruption war". have we eva sit to ask where all these monies he's generating unlawfully r going into?

he has spent more days outside his country than at home since he became president even with the downturn on our economy. yet we r applauding him.

when this country shots down they will send their children and wives abroad while the poor n children of the poor suffers.

let's all of us wise up!!

you deserve a slap!
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by RandomVic(m): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
50 billion is way too small na. MTN must pay the trillions angry angry

3 Likes

Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Lezzlie(m): 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2016
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-mtn-withdraws-suit-ncc-pays-n50bn-good-faith

Where are those, pap-swilling, tree-hoping xenophobic Zulus who boasted mtn will win the suit.

Nonsense!!!
They cowered just like always.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by billyG(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-mtn-withdraws-suit-ncc-pays-n50bn-good-faith

50billion gini? Still remaining 730billion,MTN pay us our money b4 d end of june or pack out.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by ItuExchange(m): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2016
After all, the company is rich.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by foriz4u(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2016
x240:

you deserve a slap!
how bitter the truth taste...lol
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Irishrena1(f): 10:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
This is a much welcome development o. E dey sweet my belle but I just pity this country. If only Bubu will allow the money to breathe in the treasury it will go a long way in taking care of our national bills that want to plunge us into debt slavery.
Rather our minister of tourism and aviation will see it as fund for his globe trotting and medical check ups (when he can use the money to improve our health system to the extent that foreigners will pay for our services). He will step up his game from the range of 3 and 5 nation tours to something my mind can fathom but my fingers cannot type.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by charlsecy(m): 10:42pm On Feb 24, 2016
gbaskiboy:
The money is equivalent to Andy Uba asset
I thought his asset was N500 billion, not N50 billion?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by gbaskiboy: 10:55pm On Feb 24, 2016
charlsecy:
I thought his asset was N500 billion, not N50 billion?
Thanks for this..... Hw was your day?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by lonelydora: 12:17am On Feb 25, 2016
ijustdey:
see as baba just dey generate money......

Mtn knows it can't loose the Nigeria market because that's where the buck of their money comes from....

let them know that "it's not business as usual"

Na Buhari dey throne.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by charlsecy(m): 6:36am On Feb 25, 2016
gbaskiboy:
Thanks for this..... Hw was your day?
It is well.... even in the well.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 25, 2016
Hmm! MTN na ole na. After d unnecessary charges, they can now pay up d fine...
FG: Am still waiting for u 2 pay up o.
MTN: Oga we are still trying to gather them.
FG: Gather from where?
MTN: We are trying to spread d fine to evryone we service.
FG: Okay expect further sanctions, una think sey u get sense?
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by femmyAdagba(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2016
thats nice. but i want to let us know that this fund may be illegally regained to the coffers of mtn from the subscribers.
Re: MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ by nex(m): 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
I believe MTN has don the right thing by first withdrawing the court case which is one of the preconditions the NCC gave in order to further negotiate, then secondly, going further to pay N50 billion shows they are willing to cooperate.

I just hope the Government is also willing to cooperate too. As much as laws must be obeyed, businesses also must thrive, and I think this issue of MTN fine has dragged on for too long.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Send APK, PDF, ZIP & Other Files On Whatsapp / Brand New Blackberry Bold For 65,000 Naira / This Gold Plated 2018 Iphone XS Costs $127,000, About N46M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.