Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question (11107 Views)

Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards - 2018/2019 / FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2017/2018 / Mtn Scholarship 2016/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by Lynda1997: 7:09am On Feb 28, 2016
Please I had 6 As and 3 B's in wassce 2014 and I'm applying for medicine in Russia. What are my chances?
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 10:27am On Feb 28, 2016
Lynda1997:
Please I had 6 As and 3 B's in wassce 2014 and I'm applying for medicine in Russia. What are my chances?
From which state are you? and do you need advice or just need to know your chance? I see we graduate same year and your result is not gud to be wasted.

1 Like

Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by dharmmy007(m): 12:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
Please... There's sth on my mind.... I read a news concerning River state governor withdrawing students on international scholarship, telling them to come home (with the exclusion of the final year students)... Saying they can't afford to pay or cater for them again... So, before fully committing myself .. I want you guys to give me clarity concerning this issue, can't such happen in this BEA scholarship ¿¿¿
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by dharmmy007(m): 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Please, who can help with some of the questions that have been asked before in any of the subjects especially ICT
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by cutiedave(m): 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
Av started with the regisrtation only to realise thar there was a restriction to the year you took waec...i have ma 2013 waec result...i dont kw of i ahould continue or forget about it...xpecting a reply asap...tanx
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by Junaknoni(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
can sm1 tell us how we can get d past questiion??.. . . or a site we can find em...or some sample questions
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 8:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
dharmmy007:
Please... There's sth on my mind.... I read a news concerning River state governor withdrawing students on international scholarship, telling them to come home (with the exclusion of the final year students)... Saying they can't afford to pay or cater for them again... So, before fully committing myself .. I want you guys to give me clarity concerning this issue, can't such happen in this BEA scholarship ¿¿¿
Rivers is a state-sponsored scholarship while BEA is FederalGovernment-sponsored
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
Junaknoni:
can sm1 tell us how we can get d past questiion??..
or a site we can find em...or some sample questions
No any past q. just revise basic things you know are necessary for student to know
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
cutiedave:
Av started with the regisrtation only to realise thar there was a restriction to the year you took waec...i have ma 2013 waec result...i dont kw of i ahould continue or forget about it...xpecting a reply asap...tanx
If you have the 5 distinctions.... hurry complete your reg
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by cutiedave(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
AmmarOscar:
tanx bro...i hope it wont affrct me later
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by cutiedave(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
AmmarOscar:
tanx bro...i hope it wont affect me later
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
cutiedave:
tanx bro...i hope it wont affect me later
Yes, though I am telling this based on experience
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by cutiedave(m): 1:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Pls i forgot o attach ma state of origin cert to the application form b4 clicking fina submission..pls is can it be rectified...xpecting a reply
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by chukwuebuka077: 6:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Pls how much does everything concerning NPC birth certificate cost?
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 8:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
chukwuebuka077:

Pls how much does everything concerning NPC birth certificate cost?
Is free at Federal Medical Centres, or their (NPC) zonal offices
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 9:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
cutiedave:
Pls i forgot o attach ma state of origin cert to the application form b4 clicking fina submission..pls is can it be rectified...xpecting a reply
No prob. but make sure you go with it. They'll record every document you provided
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by cutiedave(m): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2016
AmmarOscar:
No prob. but make sure you go with it. They'll record every document you provided
thanks for your timly response bro...had actually given up on dis scholarship coz i had a 2013 waec result, bt u advised me to go ahead with it...i just hope its succesfull...btw i chose japan going for mech.eng
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
How BEA scholarship nominees are selected

Let me tell everybody secrets of BEA Scholarship today, so, you'll know your chances and get prepared more. The whole selection process is based on 100% marks. Your WAEC will be 60 marks, the interview test is 40 questions, hence 40 marks. 60+40=100.

How will my WAEC produce 60 marks?

That's simple. The apex WAEC grade is A1 then B2, B3, C4... etc.

So, If you have A1 in chemistry, that's 12 marks, if you have B2 that's 10 marks, if you have B3 that's 8 marks.....and so on.
They will consider only your 5 subjects including English and Maths. So if you are lucky to have all A1, that means 5 A1's, then 12x5=60! If you are Albert Einstein and you pass the test 40/40 that's 100%.....Russia direct!

Let me illustrate further...
For Science Applicant, they'll consider English, Maths, Chem, Pzics and Biology. So assume this is your result:
English=B3,
Chem=B3,
Pzics=A1,
Bio=A1, and
Maths=C4.

So it means 8+8+12+12+6 which will give 46. When you take the test and score 30: that means 46+30=76%. Unless if there several gurus who applied from your state, with this score you have 95% chance to be called. (The remaining 5% lies on you providing required documents)

Note: sometime you'll have all docs and score big, but still not called, that simply means there are several gurus from your state who applied or you didn't meet one crucial criterion.

Note2: Normally, the host state (where the test take place) and have high applicants, so if the test is in your state this year, your chances are slim, nonetheless, don't loose faith.

Note3: failure to provide one of the compulsory document is almost similar to not applying, even if you score well.

So, everybody can use the above analysis to analyse his/her result and read hard to score big in the test. Wish all Bros and Sis Success.

@cutiedave @chukwuebuka077 @Junaknoni @Lynda1997 and all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by praisesconsult(m): 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
AmmarOscar:

Let me tell everybody secrets of BEA Scholarship today, so, you'll know your chances and get prepared more. The whole selection process is based on 100% marks. Your WAEC will be 60 marks, the interview test is 40 questions, hence 40 marks. 60+40=100.

So, If you have A1 in chemistry, that's 12 marks, if you have B2 that's 10 marks, if you have B3 that's 8 marks.....and so on.
They will consider only your 5 subjects including English and Maths. So if you are lucky to have all A1, that means 5 A1's, then 12x5=60! If you are Albert Einstein and you pass the test 40/40 that's 100%.....Russia direct!

For Science Applicant, they'll consider English, Maths, Chem, Pzics and Biology. So assume this is your result:
English=B3,
Chem=B3,
Pzics=A1,
Bio=A1, and
Maths=C4.

So it means 8+8+12+12+6 which will give 46. When you take the test and score 30: that means 46+30=76%. Unless if there several gurus who applied from your state, with this score you have 95% chance to be called. (The remaining 5% lies on you providing required documents)

Note: sometime you'll have all docs and score big, but still not called, that simply means there are several gurus from your state who applied or you didn't meet one crucial criterion.

Note2: Normally, the host state (where the test take place) and have high applicants, so if the test is in your state this year, your chances are slim, nonetheless, don't loose faith.

Note3: failure to provide one of the compulsory document is almost similar to not applying, even if you score well.

So, everybody can use the above analysis to analyse his/her result and read hard to score big in the test. Wish all Bros and Sis Success.

thanks for the post.but do u knw if they do select students randomly from a given state or they are fixed number of students they nominate

2 Likes

Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
praisesconsult:
thanks for the post.but do u knw if they do select students randomly from a given state or they are fixed number of students they nominate
I don't understand what you mean by random, once you score like 75%, 80% and so on.. I don't think there is any need for random selection
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by kachiz(m): 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
AmmarOscar:

English=B3,
Chem=B3,
Pzics=A1,
Bio=A1, and
Maths=C4.

Nice analysis.
But WAEC grades cant be used to access someone applying for Post graduate?
Tell us about PG applicants.
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
kachiz:

Nice analysis. But WAEC grades cant be used to access someone applying for Post graduate? Tell us about PG applicants.
You're welcome. Sorry I don't have idea about PG's procedure.
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by firstking01(m): 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
AmmarOscar:

No. I have no idea on that, I only sat for UG.

Yes. especially those marked compulsory. Last year in katsina some were denied due to incomplete documents
brief me on what the scholarship is all about and it's legibility pls??
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by cutiedave(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2016
@ammaroscar i currently not in possesion of my original waec result...would like to confirm if i can go for the exam with just the confirmation of result...tanx
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
cutiedave:
@ammaroscar i currently not in possesion of my original waec result...would like to confirm if i can go for the exam with just the confirmation of result...tanx
The one you printed directly online is what they need. And that can be got any time by buying its scratch card
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by cutiedave(m): 7:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
AmmarOscar:
The one you printed directly online is what they need. And that can be got any time by buying its scratch card
tanx bro...u av really been of immense help...God bless

1 Like

Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2016
firstking01:
brief me on what the scholarship is all about and it's legibility pls??
It's federal govt-sponsored scholarship for Nigerians. only Waec result of 2014 and 2015 are accepted. Interview test will take place in six geo-political zones next week. For detailed explanation read here on their website
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by firstking01(m): 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
AmmarOscar:
It's federal govt-sponsored scholarship for Nigerians. only Waec result of 2014 and 2015 are accepted. Interview test will take place in six geo-political zones next week. For detailed explanation read here on their website
thanks but how do i apply??
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by AmmarOscar(m): 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
firstking01:
thanks but how do i apply??
Sorry, this years reg have been closed.
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by firstking01(m): 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
AmmarOscar:
Sorry, this years reg have been closed.
undecided
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by praisesconsult(m): 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ammar were u nominatedast year?
Re: FG Bilateral Scholarship 2016–Ask a Question by Lincoln94(m): 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Please am kindly begging you to reply me urgently please. .
I ave been trying to apply for the scholarship application online and after filling other columns it keeps on boincing me back to Fill My State of Origin which I ave filled severally. .
please why is it like that..are some states specially taken
an From Anambra State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Norway Prison Vs UNILAG Hostel. What A Pity! (Photos) / 3 NAUGHTY & Simple Skills You Must Learn And Why [PICTURE] / National Open University Of Nigeria Celebrates their Matriculation to freshers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.