Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses (1193 Views)

How Nigerians Are Wasting Money On 4K Ultra HD TVs. / Earthquake Hits Sambang Dagi, Kaduna State / 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 25, 2016
plastic remains one by product that is causing so much environmental damage to the society. infact, a research has it that 99% of all birds will have plastic in their guts by the year 2050. it is not enough to persuade people to use less plastic, plastic needs to be re purposed and re used in other to make the environment healthier.while many agencies has warned on the need to stop dumping dumping plastics in landfills the USA is one country where this has continued with reckless abandon. this has led many people to become creative, so using plastic to do sculpture in other to raise awareness among other things...........................
shortage of homes is one problems faced in nigeria, according to phys.org, it will take some 16million houses to curb the shortage of houses in the country. crafting a traditional home is very expensive in nigeria and this has made people to come up with the idea to use cheap and durable materials to build strong and yet cost effective homes. the product of these idea is the fireproof and bulletproof houses which are built from PLASTIC BOTTLES and MUD. two NGOs came up with these idea namely DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION OF RENEWABLE ENERGIES
(DARE) based in KADUNA in collaboration with LONDON based AFRICAN COMMUNITY TRUST.
these NGOs are addressing two issues at once
1 solving the problem of home shortage
2 helping the environment (since these houses are designed to produce zero carbon emission)
also, these houses are completely powered by SOLAR panels.
these houses are built by joining mud-filled plastic bottles together using mud and cement and they can go as high as three stories !!!!!!!!!
but not higher due to the weight of the sand filled bottles.
it will take 14000 bottles to build a 2 bedroom house and in a country like nigeria where 3million bottles are discarded per day, that means plenty houses!!!!!
at least, nigeria is not as wasteful as USA who discard 130million bottles per day!!!
if they in USA can do what nigerians are doing, they will have 3.4million new houses every year!!
read up here ...:http://worldtruth.tv/nigerians-are-building-fireproof-bulletproof-and-eco-friendly-homes-with-plastic-bottles-and-mud/

Re: Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 25, 2016
Really? Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses by PAINGAIN: 12:41am On Feb 25, 2016
Hmmmm. That is so cool. We reaallly do have creative minds in this naija. But bad belle never let us shine.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 25, 2016
let nobody come here to link this to any state govt or political party or whatever..........
i posted this without sentiments so no sentiments is allowed.
i rep SE any day anytime
i rep anambra till i D.I.E
i urge my SE brothers to evolve this lets make better ones in less than no time
one love to the whole 5% region
its good to be back
Re: Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses by tbagjames(m): 12:44am On Feb 25, 2016
Very creative

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses by olu77(m): 2:50am On Feb 25, 2016
iamkeyz:
let nobody come here to link this to any state govt or political party or whatever..........
i rep SE any day anytime
its good to be back

I like your 2face approach, you discouraged and encouraged tribalism in a single post. Well done!
Re: Nigerians Are Building Bulletproof, Fireproof And Earthquake Resisitant Houses by pacino26(m): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
iamkeyz:
i rep SE any day anytime
its good to be back

O boy who designs the houses abeg? Share plans and specifics na.

(1) (Reply)

(mochat)clone Multiple Whatsapp, Facebook & Other Accounts Online Simultaneously / Code For Checking NIN On Airtel – How To Retrieve Your NIN On Airtel With USSD / Constant Power Supply Is Possible, For Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.