Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,053 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car (43731 Views)

Oluwo Of Iwo's Innoson Car Spotted In UNILAG (Photos) / Do I Need To Pay Custom Duty If I Buy Innoson Car? / Check Out Innoson's Proposed Model Look For G-wagon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by echelons(m): 4:14am On Feb 25, 2016
I wanted to buy a compact car of recent and I set my mind on Ford Focus or Honda Civic till of recent when I saw advert and promo for Innoson IVM FOX and IVM UMU so I decided to send a mail to @innoson for prospectus and their showroom in Abuja.
I received a mail from them three days later with the Abuja showroom No 10/11 Pope John Paul street off Gana street Maitama so I decided to visit yesterday. Here are my observations.

Positive
* I only saw IVM Fox (Pics below), Buses and pick-up trucks.

Negatives.

* I didn't get to see the IVM UMU
* It's not really a showroom, more like a car park - an unkept one at that.
* I didn't get to meet any staff (met the kind and courteous security staff). I came after office hours (few minutes past 6pm) anyway.

I suggest that Innoson Motors should extend their franchise for auto sales to private investors that can manage the marketing of the vehicles more efficiently so they can channel their energy on production to meet demands. There will definitely be high demand soon.

The IVM Fox is more of ladies vehicle, the size of Peugeot 307 but it is really a beautiful car, but i want something a bit bigger so I'm still gonna request to see the IVM UMU.

They should please erect a showroom, no matter how small, with all their vehicle models available at all times, and they should sweep that compound. Coscharis showroom and Honda place are far better managed, but YES Innoson can do better.

57 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by baski92(m): 4:21am On Feb 25, 2016
Hmmm is good to patronize your own but does it worth spending your money on. No hard feelings

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 25, 2016
Nice article Op. Kindly send your observations to their customer care e-mail handle, they should really appreciate that. . . We will surely get there soon. God bless Nigeria.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by AreaFada2: 5:01am On Feb 25, 2016
We have said this years ago already.
Innoson cannot rely on government patronage.

Do serious marketing and provide good after-sale service. Plus affordable $6000 to $10,000 cars. It will be hot cake.

This is the right time. There is more consciousness now that we need to buy 9ja and create local jobs.

But I suspect that Innoson may not yet have the capacity to produce enough cars if demand should surge.

Maybe they are taking it step by step.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by echelons(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2016
baski92:
Hmmm is good to patronize your own but those it worst spending your money on. No hard feelings

I believe it will be worth every kobo spent on it. This should be my first in many brand new car and buying local it is.
Lalasticlala has even bought one for his babe.

Modified*

The last time I checked, the car was 2.5M. Google innosonmotors, I'm not here to market for them.
I have PFIs for Ford focus 4.9M and Honda Civic 4.3M so I think IVM is a good deal.

For those saying that this post if an attempt at rubishing Innoson's effort, well, we all see things differently.

I believe my opinion is balanced and fair. I went there to see the vehicles and possibly get their PFI and process payment but I didn't see the UMU. I didn't blemish any fact just make Innoson look too good, neither did I shy away from pointing out what they should do to be better (in my humble opinion).
I work with an organisation that appreciates customer feedback and complaints, so we can learn from them, work on them and IMPROVE.
I prefer the customer that gives me feedback that will affect the way I serve him to the one that walks away quietly, yet sad.

I will definitely go back to Innoson to get my PFI.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Emexicoman(m): 6:35am On Feb 25, 2016
My bro (op) u did well and with ur observation u a nice guy, pls I'll urge u to mail this complain /suggestions to them also thanks.. Actually the Nigerian business mentality is somehow different. But one thing is certain.. they need to do a lot of marketing

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by baski92(m): 7:01am On Feb 25, 2016
echelons:

I believe it will be worth every kobo spent on it. This should be my first in many brand new car and buying local it is.
Lalasticlala has even bought one for his babe.
lol where him see the money abi him don dey collect bribe from una hand take post una topic reach front page. Na just joke ooo

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Oblitz(m): 7:16am On Feb 25, 2016
innoson cars are always beautiful. was thrilled the first day I saw one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by ifyalways(f): 7:22am On Feb 25, 2016
Echelon kindly mail them your observations/feedback. It's even more helpful to them than posting it on NLD, IMO.

I like the red car, looks like T Matrix. What's the price range?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by bolseas(f): 8:12am On Feb 25, 2016
@Op, Ego le? How much?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 25, 2016
grin
Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Sunnycliff(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2016
Production without effective marketing and customer care is a fast way to project unsustainability

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by martyns303(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2016
"Marketing is everything and everything is marketing", I didn't study marketing but heard that statement from my GF, now it makes so much sense to me.

With an environment like that, why would anyone take you serious? Putting a Bentley in such environment will make it loose it's value.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Burger01(m): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2016
smiley
Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by MhizEndy(f): 9:23am On Feb 25, 2016
Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by dammytosh: 9:23am On Feb 25, 2016
The car looks like Matrix. I am proud.

I love Innoson but I am sorry I cant do Innoson for now until there is warranty on Airbags. Same thing applies for Kia and Hyundai.

Saw one Hyundai Accident and the airbag did not engage at all.

I wont be deceived by one senator who snapped with one leg in Innoson car and upload on facebook. Meanwhile the actual convoy is full of Benz and Land Cruiser SUVs

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by datola: 9:24am On Feb 25, 2016
Innoson is going places!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by EmekaBlue(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2016
Nigeria sef...We shud really patronize this man business and improve our car production...China grew fast coz of how they banned and patronize their own stuff and even help to build a strong currency...Our hatred fr igbo progress and Aba made mentality wil nt help this zoo of a countrt called Nigeria...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by UncleJudax(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2016
baski92:
Hmmm is good to patronize your own but those it worst spending your money on. No hard feelings
English please!

36 Likes

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by demarc001: 9:25am On Feb 25, 2016
Ur view
Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Bisjosh(f): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2016
Will our mechanics(Kazeem and co) be able to work on it?

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by otitokoroleti: 9:28am On Feb 25, 2016
ifyalways:
Echelon kindly mail them your observations/feedback. It's even more helpful to them than posting it on NLD, IMO.

I like the red car, looks like <Toyota Matrix>. What's the price range?
mhen, I loved dat car
Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by macaranta(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2016
Car's looking good,but the innoson publicity is really low.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2016
What I'd like to know is if their vehicles meet up to the safety standards of cars globally and how does it handle
Those for me are very important cos I wont buy a car just because its made in Nigeria alone
I wish they would change the logo

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by SenJoe(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2016
Diversification will definitely be better off....... Let dealers do the marketing while they Focusing on production and improvements.
Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by miqos02(m): 9:31am On Feb 25, 2016
ok
Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2016
baski92:

shocked RIP Mazi English Language (1904 - 2016) cry cry cry

24 Likes

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by acunon: 9:32am On Feb 25, 2016
They should try and renovate the car sales stand to something tangible if they want there sales to increase, on the other hand if the sales company doesn't mind selling IVM am interested in selling too!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Lionsclaw: 9:33am On Feb 25, 2016
Nigerians you guys are terrible. You are the most complex beings on the planet, so hard to satisfy.

Do you think an organization who thought of the idea of producing these fabulous vehicles here dont know about marketing?

My point is your bringing the ostentatious value/ packaging of Innoson down before public glare. If you are smart op u will write to them in private(that is on the assumption that they dont know about showroom display as u think). Why bring it here for us to see? Is it so that some people who like ostentatious goods and effizy will say "ahh IMV is crap they dont have showroom. I am going to Toyota to buy"...?

Who knows whether they are working on their showrooms and before A,B and C who havent visited them yet get to find out they would have finished. But here is an over sabi op who thinks he is more exposed opening their 'yansh' unneccesarily.

I am sure thats the impression you want to create otherwise this is suppose to be u and innosons discuss and not our business

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by LesbianBoy(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2016
Nothing shows that where the 0P snapped really belongs to innoson undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2016
echelons:

* I didn't get to see the IVM UMU
* It's not really a showroom, more like a car park - an unkept one at that.
* I didn't get to meet any staff. Met the kind and courteous security staff. I came after office hours (few minutes past 6pm) anyway.

Just a little observation on grammatical significance.

" You didn't meet any staff" yet "You met a security staff"

lol. This is a contradictory statement that nullifies itself and is void. i.e It has no meaning.

Proper phrase should be " I didn't meet any attendant personel (or sales staff, or Admin staff etc), I only met the courteous security staff "

Thanks for reading. grin

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / The New Mercedes GLB Will Be The Baby G-wagon / Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.