Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? (4629 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / White People Are Worshiping EBOLA Virus And It Looks Like They Are Doing Magic! / Do You Know That The Bible Explains Why White People Love Their Dogs So Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by shango(m): 3:22am On Nov 07, 2006
we Africans readily adopted Christianity from Puritans and missionaries who viewed our populace as barbarians and condemned our native religions and theologies. Why don't we accept wholeheartedly their other imports, like how we are monkeys and the lowest on the human evolutionary scale. Afterall we readily accept and paint a blue eyed white Jesus on murals in our Catholic churches, even though the people of the region in the bible where clearly NOT european, why not take on the rest of what they brought to the continent? Same goes for the idiotic African Extremist moslems.

Look at the fundamentalist Christians in the USA and how they have been led to the sluaghter politically and policy wise by the Neo Conservatives. They are such idiotic sheep they can get them to vote for them proclaiming God fearing values and then behind closed doors and closets sip the man juice of the descendants of Sodom.

Religious fanatics the world over are morons. From Jews to Christians to Moslems. Every last one of you.

Ofcourse white people take christianity as seriously as we do. And it leads to disastrous consequences, both in the so called 1st world as well as the 3rd world.

Hard core capitalists have a lot of integrity. We do not believe in the use of fraud to earn money.  Business needs an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust to thrive.  Hard core capitalists are very different from criminals.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What the f*** have you been smoking? Capitalism drove slavery. It drove the colonisation and the decimation and genocide of entire populations all for the SOLE purpose of making a buck. You know the very first hardcore capitalist bussiness entity was the Dutch company that colonised lands and was in the lucrative bussiness of slave trading. Bussiness DOES NOT NEED mutual respect, are you high? the bussinesses sole purpose is to make money. If it could get away with killing millions for a profit and little no no expense or consequence you think it would think twice?

I do not know what fairtale you live in where bussiness care about its competitors and in playing fair. Look at the most hardcore capitalist nation on the planet, the United States and tell me with a straight face that it has corporations operating in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. Corporations had to and have to be regulated by government (of the people) not to run amock. Ever heard of Rockerfeller and vertical integration? Get a clue omo abeg
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by exu(m): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2006
business.

business.

business.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Sista(f): 2:44am On Nov 09, 2006
@Shango

we Africans readily adopted Christianity from Puritans and missionaries who viewed our populace as barbarians and condemned our native religions and theologies. Why don't we accept wholeheartedly their other imports, like how we are monkeys and the lowest on the human evolutionary scale. Afterall we readily accept and paint a blue eyed white Jesus on murals in our Catholic churches, even though the people of the region in the bible where clearly NOT european, why not take on the rest of what they brought to the continent? Same goes for the idiotic African Extremist moslems.

I totally agree with this whole statement.

Look at the fundamentalist Christians in the USA and how they have been led to the sluaghter politically and policy wise by the Neo Conservatives. They are such idiotic sheep they can get them to vote for them proclaiming God fearing values and then behind closed doors and closets sip the man juice of the descendants of Sodom.

Damn you ar so right!

Religious fanatics the world over are morons. From Jews to Christians to Moslems. Every last one of you.

Again, I totally agree with you.

Ofcourse white people take christianity as seriously as we do. And it leads to disastrous consequences, both in the so called 1st world as well as the 3rd world.

Yes white people take Christianity seriously but not in the foolish way that black people do. White people use Christianity to benefit and uplift them as a whole. When white people speak of God, they are speaking of their self.

Black people are actually speaking of some other entity that is better than them. Being that White people colonized and enslaved black people, then gave them white Jesus. Weather black people believe it or not, the entity black people now worship, is white people
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2006
@Drusilla,
I think you are trying 'dress-up' or 'make sexy' what the original poster is saying by your eloquent reasoning. However, it is clear he is not asking why 'christianity' is losing favor with whites but rather "why we are bothering with 'christianity' when the whites who introduced it to us are obviously loosing interest".

Alright. I accept this.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2006
Drusilla,
"Religion is Opium of the People" Karl Marx.

This is true of Poor People,[b]what better way to deal with their miserable condition [/b]than to believe that there is life after death and all the bad white people would burn in hell

mrmayor,

I can't think of a better way either. God was so good to give us the better way to deal with it.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2006
Praise you Lord.

I'm sorry. Mr.Mayor just makes me want to Praise Him. Now that I am reminded of how good God is to poor people to give them hope. To cause them to seek justice.

To cause them to understand that if nobody else cares, God cares and will take care of it in the end.

Praise Him. There is no better way.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by nferyn(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2006
Drusilla:

Praise you Lord.

I'm sorry. Mr.Mayor just makes me want to Praise Him. Now that I am reminded of how good God is to poor people to give them hope. To cause them to seek justice.

To cause them to understand that if nobody else cares, God cares and will take care of it in the end.

Praise Him. There is no better way.
Don't you think that's a wee bit of circular reasoning?
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2006
Nferyn,

Sure. What's the problem? Smile
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by nferyn(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2006
Drusilla:

Nferyn,

Sure. What's the problem? Smile
Only that this kind of attitude is self defeating. You almost are the guardian of your own suppression.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Seun(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2006
@shango:
Capitalism is about mutually beneficial transactions, not just "money".
Slavery was not mutually beneficial. The words "crime" and "business" are not synonyms.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by gbadex1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2006
@ Seun:

rof-lmao! mutual beneficial transaction my black ass! That's a nice way of dressing everything!
Guy, forget wetin dem yarn you for school, the sole purpose of any business is to make profit. All that mutual beneficial transaction is just the BS, Oxford dic. will probably make to make it sound nice

*still laughing @ "mutual beneficial transactions"*
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by queen2(f): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2006
White people especially English ppled don't take christianity as we do, even though they were the one who introduced it as uve said, the old whites are the only white who go to church, the others wuld rather go to club on a sunday, but u know what church or no church they are improving and i like their way of life, is not like africa, especially Nigeria, see how we pray and attend crusade and other church and special services, there's still no improvement so what are the prayers for, are Africans praying in vain?
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by mrmayor(m): 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2006
Drusilla My Dear,

When people are down and out,they look for answers in most unusual places.What better way to deal with your problem than believe that you have would get seven virgins,no pains and Jah would make everyone be high,if you pray very hard and fast twice a day!and would recieve ethernal peace from an unseen benevolent creator

The progress of the western world is devoid of Divine Intervention,the United States wealth is built on exploitation of the weak and powerless.From the Native Americans who were almost wiped out to African Slaves.The modern day America has profited from the manipulation of other countries and stealing of their resources.

Japanese and Chinese development is not based on the worship of either Blue eye Jesus or a Black Jesus born in a cave,neither is their progress based of fasting and shouting 1000 praise thy lord or a million alakubas.It is in fact based on Science and Technolgy,the use of both human and material resources for the benefit of the society.

Its not suprising to see that the most religious people are the least educated,poorest and powerless.

BTW,
The only thing I missed from my absence from Nairaland is YOU,the one and only DRUSILLA.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by gbadex1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 10, 2006
@mayor:

ummm . . . .did you happen to read kimba's post in this thread? If u didn't, i suggest u go back some pages and read his 1st post in this thread. That should that, "Africans are the most religious ppl, yet poorest continent" sh*t.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by gbadex1(m): 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2006
Uh, i meant kimba's post should answer it. Typo error.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by gbadex1(m): 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2006
Uh, i meant kimba's post should answer it. Typo error.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by mazaje(m): 12:01am On Nov 11, 2006
religion is really the opium of the masses, we are where  we are in africa cos of our religious beliefs, imagine where a 23 year old battered plane crashes and people say its the will of GOD. when people drive recklessly on untared roads and die the still say its God's will. everything is God's will where as in the white man's world its intelligence and smartness that matters not God's will.
our leaders use God to decieve us and steal all our money away. instead of striving to succeed we sit lazily and wait for a divine intervention. we spend hours at churches and moques all to no avail. china's government is atheist  but they just use their common sense to do what is right and serve their people. most of africans government most especially the nigerian government is very religious but yet its the worst government around why is that so? don't u guys believe this idea of religion is just for the white people to use it to get dominion over the earth? cos in the white man's world religion is becoming strange yet development is dwelling there . in africa where religion is the oder of the day people die younger, poverty is the oder of the day and dishonesty is the way of life despite the heavy belief in God. i really am so confused about this religion of a thing.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Sista(f): 5:12am On Nov 11, 2006
@Mazaje

religion is really the opium of the masses

"Karl Marx" a white man said that his self. He is one white man we should take notice of. After all he is related to the people who are the masses.

Mazaje, You say you are confused but I can't see where. Everything you said is right on, I can't see any flaws in what you said.

The question is, what can be done if anything about this matter?

Africans and black people period, will kill you if you try to come and and tell them to get rid of Jeeeeez - us.

To them, that would be blasphemy and their rationale will be that the will of God is that you be gone, in other words dead. At that time, in their mind, God would not have a problem with you being killed - even if your being killed by yet another religious fanatic.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 6:28am On Nov 11, 2006
Nferyn,

Only that this kind of attitude is self defeating. You almost are the guardian of your own suppression.

That is why they call homosexuals "gay" in America. Because they were telling people to stop suppressing themselves and be free and happy! (gay's true meaning).

More people need to let the bible help them be the guardian of their own suppression, if you ask me.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 6:38am On Nov 11, 2006
The progress of the western world is devoid of Divine Intervention,the United States wealth is built on exploitation of the weak and powerless.From the Native Americans who were almost wiped out to African Slaves.The modern day America has profited from the manipulation of other countries and stealing of their resources.

mrmayor,

Your calling imperialism, capitalism and oppression progress? Didn't the western world really make progress when the people rose up against strong odds and defeated dictatorship and oppression? How can you be absolutely sure that God did not have any divine intervention in the real progress of this world? Indians surviving, Africans being freed, Civil Rights movement?

The real progress of the world lies not in the IPOD technology but in the little people obtaining their rights. Nobody can say for sure that it was not God intervening against the wealthy on behalf of the little people.

The only thing I missed from my absence from Nairaland is YOU,the one and only DRUSILLA

You were gone far too long. cheesy
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 6:52am On Nov 11, 2006
Mazaje,

Religion doesn't make Africa poor.

It tells you where poverty comes from:

Pro 13:23 Much food is in the plowed ground of the poor, but when there is no justice, it is swept away.

The bible says there that the poor has much food in their ground but when injustice (oppression) comes it is taken away.

I believe the bible, Africa has much food for their poor people but injustice or oppression is sweeping it away.

Religion should wake you up to what is happenning to you.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Eurphoria(f): 8:09am On Nov 11, 2006
who cares whether whites blue pink green take christianity seriously or not, i don't. All i care about is i take it serious and if the next man don't, well its up to them, i don't see why i need to make anyone see or accept my belief. Those who don't ,good for you, those who do same to you. WHO CARES WHO CARES  every person for himself at the end of the day. Too much talk, too much story too much explaining, back forth back forth never ending arguements, you will never see it my way and i will never see it your way. If it is point scoring you want, fine you win , you win , it takes nothing from me, nothing from my life. It will never sway me, no one will ever sway you. YOu win , but i still remain with my belief period.

we can nitpick at every turn, pick a point in every arguement, but the bottom line is your response will always reflect your core belief and so would mine, so what do we acheive?

ps
drusilla how are u darlin missed you
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by kimba(m): 11:44pm On Nov 11, 2006
as I said earlier, the reason for Africa's poverty is not because of Religion or anything. In fact, its good that we take it serious, coz at the end it would matter most. After all the suffering in this world, to go and suffer in eternity?

I believe God has given man an equal opportunity. He is not partial. What is happening now is how best we have made use of the opportunity / how best we are making use of it,
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2006
Euphoria,

I am fine. It looks like we all went on sabbatical at the same time. smiley Good post by the way.

I still believe in the idea of people growing and maturing, even if we can not see it. After all when the seed is in the ground, we do not see the seed dying and a root growing out of it, until it hits the surface.

We just have to trust that we are planting correct seeds and God will do the growing.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Drusilla(f): 8:26am On Nov 12, 2006
Kimba,

The bible says that God has given to each Nation (Race-ethnicity) their own.

But it also says that injustice sweeps it away.

It warns of us a people who would take lands, resources and PEOPLE for themselves, to make themselves rich and safe in this world.

Hab 2:5 And also wine indeed betrays a proud man, and he is not content. He widens his soul like Sheol, and he is like death, and is not satisfied, but gathers all nations to himself, and heaps to himself all the peoples.

Hab 2:6 Shall not all these lift up a parable against him, and a mocking riddle to him, and say, Woe to him who increases what is not his! Until when, then, shall he load the pledges on himself?

Hab 2:7 Shall not those who strike you rise up suddenly, and those who shake you awake, and you become a prize to them?

Hab 2:8 Because you have stripped many nations, all the rest of the people shall strip you; because of men's blood, and the violence of the land, of the city, and of all who dwell in it.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by exu(m): 12:50am On Nov 13, 2006
[b]Religion should wake you up to what is happenning to you. [/B]

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

If only that were remotely true.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by WesleyanA(f): 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2007
christianity is out of fashion in the US too (maybe except the conservative south)
Only old people attend churches

It's illegal to say prayers in schools or even bring in bibles etc or for teachers to talk about God.

people make so much fun about Jesus in my classes, it's not even funny. lol
You're uncool if you go to church.

yeats poem "Second Coming" was talking about how christianity will disappear in 2000 years i think. i kind of agree with the idea of it eventually disappearing

I personally am christian officially (go to church regularly, pray for others etc) but i know i'm the worst christian ever 'cause i don't/didn't 100% believe in God and most of the stuff don't make logical sense undecided

I wonder what religion will replace christianity in europe.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Biblezap(m): 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2007
Hard LOOK at yoursleves --- who is " W E "

Hey, hellllo! The premise of this thread is flawed - serious -

READ it, think about it -- you;ve SEGREGATED them and [ us ] .

Why ? -- it perpetuates the official line of Apartheid -- has this racial bunk been INTERNALISED by you?

Sad! shocked

Someone on this FORUM said that Maidiba! was the greatest African, agreed , and then READ what
he (Nelson Mandela) said in regards to the matter of "them and us".
You speak (some at least ) of Europeans - those who are seventh-eighth Generation African are not
European , they've most-part never been to Europe. Never seen nor affiliate with the interests, nor the apspirations of the countries of Europe, Why then, are they classified as "European" and "we" as African , ?

Every serious statement deserves a cogent and intelligent explanation.
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Biblezap(m): 11:40pm On Mar 23, 2007
AS i read though now some of the recent posts I discover some of what is 'fair observation' , some political-intrigue/agenda and undeniable racial overtones and undertones --- much created on account of suppression or percieved repression, as well that the "white people" to whom you refer are (a) historically the Colonisers. (that is one thing) and though (b) is or is not <?> the current white populace in Africa <?> , this has not been defined/

May I ask you define the latter part of the (b) section ?

If, though btw, some feel that there is no distinction between the "white" in terms of the 'original coloniser' versus the current-day established African with a white skin, then it becomes the vitrolic diatribe of Marcus Garvey and (earlier) Malcolm 'X' and more comtemporaneously, Farakhan , hmmm ,

Which is it to be, tweedle-dee tweedle-dum, ?

PS. did/does the Bible ever sanction 'racism' and a 'White God' , premises, premises, proof ! pls grin
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by Biblezap(m): 11:53pm On Mar 23, 2007
Drusila, of Minesota , you said Africa has much food for its poor people <?> No , ?

Look, in Zimbabwe currently there is severe drought - the riverbeds even are dry , I MEAN dry dry , 'from whence then' and the food was said to have come from commercial-farmers<?> Right <?> where are they ?
The repression: Mugabe (purpotedly a good Roman Catholic) , Morgan Tsvangeri's treatment - shall whites be blamed?
Chimbusa (Nelson) , beaten with steal pipe and now cracked skull (was that the 'white devils or black ones'>?< )

For a fact, there is evil in Society --> oft this evil is less perceptible and sometimes it is more overt.

Did Hitler take his "Christianity' seriously ? Mussolini (in heart of Catholic Italy!)
Most of Hitler's staunchest supporters came from the ranks of the R.C.C. >> for that matter the
traders of Opium, to the (then) demise of China --> perpetrator = head of the C.of england -- can't get much 'whiter'
shocked
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by anonymous6(f): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2011
I agree with exu & jagunda
Re: Do White People Take Christianity As Seriously As We Do? by divinereal: 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2011
Bible ko, Quran ni.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hamas Hangs Young Children On Fence To Use As Human Shields / Photos : 2,700 Year Old Private Seal Of The Biblical King Hezekiah Unearthed ! / How To Watch Winners Chapel Shiloh 2015 Live Broadcast Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.