Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Hello - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hello (2649 Views)

Agnostics a.k. a FREE THINKERS In The House? Say Hello. / Hello Heathens! / Hello Truthman2012, I Have A Message For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2016
Tnks
Re: Hello by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2016
I only experience it when I take weed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello by ifex370(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2016
nope ,, not me

1 Like

Re: Hello by missKiffy(f): 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2016
I do experience it once in a blue moon
Re: Hello by temipet(m): 5:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
Irrespective of ur religion,u need serious prayer,dats a bad sign
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2016
Voices as you fall asleep or wake up – This is quite normal human experience and nothing too ominous about it.

these are called hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations, and are to do with your brain being partly in a dreaming state. The voice is likely to call your name, or say something very brief, or you may hear other brief sounds such as a telephone ringing.

You may also see strange things, or misinterpret things you can see, such as seeing a coat on a hook as a person standing in the doorway. These experiences usually stop as soon as you are fully awake.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hello by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 25, 2016
^^ ah, don't you know truth makes the world boring to Nigerians? Demons, Spirits and unsolved mysteries entertain us.

1 Like

Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 6:12pm On Feb 25, 2016
musKeeto:
^^ ah, don't you know truth makes the world boring to Nigerians? Demons, Spirits and unsolved mysteries entertain us.
Hahahaha you can imagine... She first said she was asleep and then heard the voice and at the same time tried to deny it being a hallucination.. WTF..

She just needed some spirity explanations conjured by lazy fearful minds.. Sometimes killing and burying these superstitions and myths feels good

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hello by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2016
ahh I see Samuel in the making.
Re: Hello by Amberon: 6:24pm On Feb 25, 2016
familiar spirits are very my dear.

when I was a child, it happened to me every other day. I could just hear my name while walking on a lonely road.
Re: Hello by jcross19: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2016
johnydon22:
Voices as you fall asleep or wake up – This is quite normal human experience and nothing too ominous about it.

these are called hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations, and are to do with your brain being partly in a dreaming state. The voice is likely to call your name, or say something very brief, or you may hear other brief sounds such as a telephone ringing.

You may also see strange things, or misinterpret things you can see, such as seeing a coat on a hook as a person standing in the doorway. These experiences usually stop as soon as you are fully awake.
brother I know you don't believe in spirit or supernatural and that does not mean they don't exist if you doubt supernatural force ,PLEASE TAKE A BELL GO TO BURIAL GROUND BY 1 a.m , ring the bell three times and see wonders what you see convince you that there is super power somewhere. You are Just talking nonsense. White guys say what you want to hear.
Re: Hello by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 26, 2016
its not an hallucination at all because im mostly aware of wat is happening in my surroundings wen asleep.even wen they brought lite i heard d sound of d fan from my sleep nd it woke me up.the sound i heard yesterday was comin from dad's room callin my name nd it woke me up.
Re: Hello by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 26, 2016
Amberon:
familiar spirits are very my dear.

when I was a child, it happened to me every other day. I could just hear my name while walking on a lonely road.

You heard voices in your head. Instead of going to see a psychologist, you believe a dead Jew is trying to communicate with you. Is this not madness?
Re: Hello by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2016
rahymat:
im used to getting called wen am sleeping either by my parents or my siblings nd i always wake up to answer them but today dad went out nd i was alone in d house so i slept suddenly i heard dad voice coming from his room calling my name i answered nd i went to his room bt i was shocked to see nobody there.i even looked for his car around bt it was no where to be found so i asked our guard abt his whereabout he said he hasnt returned.im neither dreaming nor hallucinating because dats dats hw i usually wake up wen he call me nd it was from his room i heard his voice.so i want to ask whether anybody has experienced dis before as its completely strange to me.

Since you believe you were neither sleeping nor hallucinating, what else do you think it might be?

I have witnessed it before. Someone calls and you check and see that they are not there. For me, I immediately knew I had hallucinated. I also every time I had sleep paralysis. Once I had this sleep paralysis. I heard a voice at my window saying I will die that day if I stepped out of the house. The sound of the fan woke me up. I went out and I never died.
Re: Hello by Talentuex(m): 9:29am On Feb 26, 2016
It as been scientifically proven that those who hears their name called.. when no one calls it have an healthy mind
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 7:28am On Feb 27, 2016
jcross19:
brother I know you don't believe in spirit or supernatural and that does not mean they don't exist if you doubt supernatural force ,PLEASE TAKE A BELL GO TO BURIAL GROUND BY 1 a.m , ring the bell three times and see wonders what you see convince you that there is super power somewhere. You are Just talking nonsense. White guys say what you want to hear.
People don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed... This mindset is a shame to human intellect

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hello by An2elect2(f): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2016
rahymat:
its not an hallucination at all because im mostly aware of wat is happening in my surroundings wen asleep.even wen they brought lite i heard d sound of d fan from my sleep nd it woke me up.the sound i heard yesterday was comin from dad's room callin my name nd it woke me up.
Something similar has happened to me too. Almost died on my bed 4yrs ago, was partially awake when i got attacked by a force. It tried to draw my breath away, i struggled hard but no way. I was a gonner until i heard an unfamiliar, very gentle and low voice but yet audible enough. It called my name twice...the second time it called, i regained my freedom. I woke up fully panting for air..

When this happened, it was so real but sooner than i expected doubt cropped in and i was glad to dismiss it as mere hallucination. Itwas easier that way i thought.

Four months later i got born again. From that period till today, i experience several spiritual attacks with my eyes wide open.

1 Like

Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:03am On Feb 27, 2016
rahymat:
its not an hallucination at all because im mostly aware of wat is happening in my surroundings wen asleep.
even wen they brought lite i heard d sound of d fan from my sleep nd it woke me up.the sound i heard yesterday was comin from dad's room callin my name nd it woke me up.
But you are asleep...

Whether you are asleep or not asleep, hearing voices without anyone calling you is a normal human experience and it is a hallucination you need not believe it, you can believe your spirity explanations rather.

that is if you know what Hallucinations are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:04am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:
Something similar has happened to me too. Almost died on my bed 4yrs ago, was partially awake when i got attacked by a force. It tried to draw my breath away, i struggled hard but no way. I was a gonner until i heard an unfamiliar, very gentle and low voice but yet audible enough. It called my name twice...the second time it called, i regained my freedom. I woke up fully panting for air..

When this happened, it was so real but sooner than i expected doubt cropped in and i was glad to dismiss it as mere hallucination. Itwas easier that way i thought.

Four months later i got born again. From that period till today, i experience several spiritual attacks with my eyes wide open.
This is called Sleep Paralysis ... it happens almost often to many..

seriously whats wrong with we Africans..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hello by An2elect2(f): 8:13am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:

Smh for you. Thank God i know better today. Else i would have been saying this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:15am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:
Smh for you. Thank God i know better today. Else i would have been saying this rubbish
Yes Thank God because it is the reason you have such superstitious mindset and cling to it even in the face of the truth.

People will run away from the truth because they don't want their imaginary lazy fantasies destroyed by it..

Have fun with it smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:

Even with her eyes wide open undecided
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:17am On Feb 27, 2016
Speechless3:
Yeap that is Sleep paralysis.. Some even see things...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hello by An2elect2(f): 8:18am On Feb 27, 2016
Speechless3:
What do you expect from a blind man grin
Re: Hello by CoolUsername: 8:19am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:

Most likely sleep paralysis.
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:
What do you expect from a blind man grin
Hahahahahaha Africans ... I think you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking SLEEP PARALYSIS is something out of the world...

In this age of Information, Ignorance is a choice... The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance rather is the illusion of knowledge..

Carry on with your seeing eyes madam, enjoy it while it lasts grin grin we understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello by An2elect2(f): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:
The reason you explain everything you dont understand away is because of fear. Be man enough to agree that there are realities you cannot grasp.

Quit telling yourselves lies.
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2016
CoolUsername:

Most likely sleep paralysis.
Don't bother brother she needs a spirity explanation
Re: Hello by Nobody: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:
Explain sleep paralysis undecided
Re: Hello by Newnas(m): 8:25am On Feb 27, 2016
rahymat:
im used to getting called wen am sleeping either by my parents or my siblings nd i always wake up to answer them but today dad went out nd i was alone in d house so i slept suddenly i heard dad voice coming from his room calling my name i answered nd i went to his room bt i was shocked to see nobody there.i even looked for his car around bt it was no where to be found so i asked our guard abt his whereabout he said he hasnt returned.im neither dreaming nor hallucinating because dats dats hw i usually wake up wen he call me nd it was from his room i heard his voice.so i want to ask whether anybody has experienced dis before as its completely strange to me.

My advice to you as a Muslim.

Firstly increase in dhikr especially those of the morning and evening and the dh"ikr of going to bed and waking. Many people are negligent of these prayers. Buy the book citadel of the believer it should suffice in shaa Allah.

it could be the jinns (demons) that are disturbing you and trying to cast fear in your heart so that you will seek assistance from their friends (magicians and soothsayers) and eventually push you into disbelief. Reciting suratul baqarah chases the demons from the house as the Messenger said the jinns don't stay in a house which baqarah is recited.

secondlyl

try to seek medical assistance, it is not right to always make everything seem spiritual.

thirdly,

please don't make the mistake of visiting any of those religious criminals i.e pastor and those alufa that call themselves Alfa! not to talk of babalawo. They will take advantage of you and even complicate your problem.

The sunnah is to call on Allah directly without any intermediaries. I pray that Allah rectifies your affairs and increase you in steadfastness.
Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:26am On Feb 27, 2016
An2elect2:
The reason you explain everything you dont understand away is because of fear. Be man enough to agree that there are realities you cannot grasp.

Quit telling yourselves lies.
Hahahahaha fear?grin i am not the one afraid of ordinary sleep paralysis here am i? grin

This is one of the joys and peace of shedding off these demeaning superstitions, you stop being afraid of imaginary things grin

I've not finished being afraid of real things, i am to add imaginary things to the list? No thank you enjoy it that is your mess not mine .. grin

Now do yourself a favour and stop being afraid of Sleep paralysis cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello by johnydon22(m): 8:26am On Feb 27, 2016
Speechless3:
Explain sleep paralysis undecided
www.google.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

k / Is Your Atheism Out Of Frustration And Anger. / Do You Believe In Generational Curse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.